2017 Baby Buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies!

Postby cloz75 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:29 am

Oh, Ashley. I totally understand. FI and I just had a fight yesterday night and the whole time I had a hand on my belly to ''protect'' my little bean from all the negativity. When we finally made up, we both talked to my belly saying : '''don't worry we still love you! Stay in there, ok? '' I'm sure your fight won't hurt your chances of conceiving. At least you got things cleared up between you two?
What helps me relax is going on long walks with my dog -- fresh air and snow is so refreshing. I also have a great medidation app on my phone : Headspace it is called. Maybe it could help you too! xoxoxoxo
Me (Claudia): 26. Hypothyroidism.
FI : 27.
NEWLY pregnant after TTC #1 for 11 months!
cloz75
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ashley2016 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 am

Thank you Claudia!!! That is too cute! Glad you and FI worked it out and got int some good talk time with your belly hehe. I will try headspace!
Pregnant after ttc 6 cycles :D
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby cloz75 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:01 am

You'll notice the subscription is super expensive but there are 10 free meditations -- I'm listening to them over and over again. :p
Me (Claudia): 26. Hypothyroidism.
FI : 27.
NEWLY pregnant after TTC #1 for 11 months!
cloz75
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:34 am

Ashley, I also suffer from anxiety. While being in extreme stress can delay ovulation, it's not going to hurt your chances at implantation. There are a lot of things that can go wrong in the process of conception, but you will be amazed to see how hearty these tiny people are from the very beginning! I threw up 20-30 times a day and didn't get more than about 300 calories a day for my entire first trimester. I was so worried I'd lose the baby, but my doctor, nurses, even the ultrasound tech all told me the same thing: Your uterus is a safe little bubble. Your body will use all of its resources to protect that baby.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ashley2016 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:37 am

Wow, that is amazing to know! Poor you though!!!! 20-30 times a day!!?? Yikes! Sounds like baby isn't the only one who is tough! I hope I'm as strong as you when the time comes :)
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nelsonfamjam » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:43 am

OMG Becca, that's insane! I hope I'm not sick like that when I get pregnant...
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:53 am

Don't worry, less than 4% of women get hyperemesis. I'm just one of the unlucky ones!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparklie » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Hey everyone! Ah sorry I was out of touch, decorating and trying to soak in as much lazy time as I can before my hubby goes back to work next week. Ahh holiday time!

Claudia - Glad you had oatmeal! I still have it now even though I don't 'have to have it.' But hey, it's healthy and a nice breakfast for the colder months right?!

Becca - Wow and I thought I had bad morning sickness, that's a lot to go through. And the first trimester is hard enough as it is, yikes. I doubt a man could handle what you did :rofl:

Brittany - Chart is lookin good! Glad you got your cross-hairs!! I'm here to stalk your chart for you now <3.

Ashley - Deep breaths. I know it's a difficult time to feel relaxed though. I was so stressed and anxious with our IUI's the first time around I swear my body just would not accept anything. Probably all psychological, but being in a calm state couldn't hurt. I was a nervous wreck the last couple days and you know what helped me? Singing in the car lol... Glad no one else heard but hey, it made me feel way better. :wink: Sending hugs your way <3
Sparklie
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Hey guys, can I join?

Quick history: DH and I have been trying since august, but I've been off the pill since February. I've been logging my cycles and they have been between 24 days and 31 for all these months until I got AF yesterday at 32 days (heartbroken, had no signs and had a lot of hope since I've never gone past 31 days since stopping the pill). I'm trying to relax, haven't been at it as long as a lot of people here, but 4 of my friends conceived on the first cycle this summer (we didn't know we were trying at the same time, it just happened), and even though I know I shouldn't compare, it's been rough to be the one left behind.
I made the mistake of telling my colleagues we were trying (didn't want it to come as a shock since I'll be out of work soon after I test positive) and they make comments daily about how I might be pregnant soon, etc... Told them to stop last week, couldn't take the pressure anymore.
I hope to find a safe place to talk about this, and hope we have good news soon!

:)

Anne
AnJC13

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi Anne, and welcome! I'm still on vacation for Thanksgiving so I've been trying to keep up here, but not doing a great job of it lol. I'll collect your info and add it to the first post when I get home on Monday. :)

That's amazing that 4 people you know got pregnant their very first try. That's definitely not the norm, but I can imagine how you would feel left out. The good news is that even though age gaps seem big when it comes to getting pregnant and that first year, as they get older, your kids can all still be close and that 6 or 8 months between them won't seem so big.

You're in the right place for support and understanding. Even though we all have our own stories, we all understand the emotional toll of ttc and will be here to lift you up.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ashley2016 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Hey ladies, I found some fun stuff and wanted to share.

This is a pregnancy test calculator - it breaks down day by day how accurate a pregnancy test would be according to your cycle, and tells you whether you should test or wait. It also has an implantation calculator.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/too ... ulator.php

And, in attempt to get DH more involved, I asked him to watch this video with me. It's about fertilization so I was worried it would be a bit junior-high biology, but he actually loved it lmao!!! I think as women we sometimes may take for granted how much we know about this and how... Errrr... Less aware our men may be. And I also learned a few cool facts! It was nice to share something with him and get him interested a bit. After watching it he put his head on my belly and said "you can do it little guys!" He told me he never realized how much "work" went into making a baby. Lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrVmDgh4v4
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Nice calculator!
AnJC13

Postby ashley2016 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Oh silly me, I forgot to say, welcome Anne! Sorry to hear AF showed up, always disappointing! I'm glad you have joined the group. It's helped me a lot and everyone is very supportive!
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crps369 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Can I join as well??
Some background on me. I have been married for 6 years. For the past 4 years we haven't been actually trying, but we haven't been preventing for the first three. A year ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was put on birth control, which helped with my period. I have also been dealing with other health problems.

I stopped my birth control 3 months ago. So far my periods have been fairly regular. Last month was my first month of truly trying. Unfortunately it wasn't my month. So that just means we try again...
Crps369
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nelsonfamjam » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:02 am

Okay just real quick...
My CM this morning (6 dpo) is so weird! It's white and kind of grainy but then smooths out like lotion. Doesn't smell and isn't itchy. DH isn't itchy either and if it was a yeast infection, he would also be itchy since he is uncircumcised (tmi, sorry). I had it all over my fingers when I check my cervix. What's thiiiiis mean!?!?
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups