2017 Baby Buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies!

Postby ashley2016 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi Dawn, welcome!
Pregnant after ttc 6 cycles :D
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crps369 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:30 pm

[quote="nelsonfamjam"]

CRPS, Hopefully it will happen soon now that you are actually trying. Are you seeing a doctor for your PCOS, in case there is anything they can do to help make things happen easier and faster?

Yes but my gyno wanted me to just try on my own first...I hope it happens soon as well...
Crps369
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crps369 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks Ashley
Crps369
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hulamom » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been on a bit of a break. I haven't posted in a few months, I felt like my story was becoming repetitive. "Just meds and intercourse", "Trying IUI this month" then "miscarriage" then "IUI this month" to "No luck" Well, life got very stressful after that so I did minimal treatment for a few months. Just did my 5 days of Letrozole because I didn't want to quit trying all together.

Life has slowed down some and I feel rested and re-energized. Went back full throttle on my meds, including injectables. Had my FD ultrasound this morning and I have 2 follicles, at 21mm and 20mm! Got to work and did my Ovidrel shot. Double checked with an ovulation test and got a big, solid smiley face. :D IUI is set for tomorrow late morning, so here we go again. Bring on the wait. Just in time for Christmas. I've been looking at gifts that are also ways of announcing a pregnancy. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I also don't want to be too late to pull it off. I'll need to sit on that one for a few days. I can't believe how excited I am this time!

Good luck and baby dust to everyone!
hulamom

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Ashley, here's my two cents on the epidural. The important thing in general is to not make a birth plan that has no room for change. You are guaranteed to be disappointed that way. You can go read my birth story again if you need a reminder if what it's like when things don't go smoothly lol. I had always planned to have the epidural, but wasn't dilated enough for it for over 24 hours of labor on pitocin and it was, at the time, the worst pain I've ever felt. The very worst was during transition, which is when the baby is about to be born. What they don't tell you is that even the epidural doesn't mask that pain and it is the most intense thing you will ever experience. In my case, my baby just got stuck there for hours, which is why I was ready for the c-section at that point.

Here's what I was told to keep in mind: if you tell them from the beginning that you aren't going to have one, you aren't on the anesthesiologist's list, so if you change your mind, they may or may not get to you in time. Likewise, if you decide too late that you want it, they won't have time to administer it and have it take effect.

Pros would be your body gets to rest during some of the big contractions and you will likely be able to sleep some in preparation for pushing. You will feel pressure and tightening, but not the intense pain of contractions. If you have to have pitocin, those contractions are killer and the epidural is a huge relief. They give you a boost button you can press that gives you an extra shot of meds at certain intervals so you can control your own pain a little better. If you do end up needing a c-section, you already have a line directly in your spine so they use that to numb you instead of doing a spinal block.

Cons: It's harder to know and feel where to concentrate your pushes. You may react poorly (my blood pressure plummeted so I was only allowed 1/2 strength on the meds). There are of course rare cases of weird things like paralysis, but I decided the risk was small enough that I wasn't concerned about it. Some people get a post-epidural headache that is described as a bad migraine and can come and go to varying degrees for weeks after. I don't know anyone personally who has had it, but it is one of the things I read about when I was looking into it.

You just have to decide what's best for you. If I was going to go without the epidural, it would be purely to say that I did something hard without needing meds. But having gone through labor... I never want to do it again... And certainly not unmedicated lol. That's me though!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:51 pm

PS: Hello newbies to the group. I'm normally super on top of welcoming everyone and keeping track of everybody, but I'm a bit frazzled at the moment after vacation and some other things I have going on right now. We hare 11 pages over our limit (they like to keep them to 20 to keep the servers and site running smoothly) so I am going to make a new thread tomorrow that is a continuation of this one. I'll post a link to it here, so for now just keep chatting on this one. I promise I'm not ignoring people or overlooking you. You are welcome here and we're happy to have you! We'll re-do introductions on the new thread so everyone knows who's who. :)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:57 am

Becca, Yay you're back!! Sorry to hear you're likely out this month but I'm glad you're not upset about it. On to another month and we'll all be here cheering you on! You said it took 3 months with Henry so, not much longer for your probably :wink: -- Such good advice on the epidural. I'm glad you have shared all of this! I plan on getting one because I just can't imagine doing it without some kind of pain management. It's definitely in the cards for me.

Ashley, I think Amazon in the UK is pretty much the same as Amazon in the US, only it's .co.uk instead of a .com address haha but from what I can see, as long as you use the .co.uk address, you can find almost everything the same, sans a few things that are pretty much US exclusive. On the flip side, UK spotify is WAY better than US spotify. A lot less is region blocked, which I appreciate because I'm a huge music person! -- We're on the same page as far a symptoms go. Heaviness that I'm not sure I'd even notice if I wasn't specifically looking for it.

Dawn, No worries! When Becca makes a new thread she will add your info to the introduction page :) -- I hope trying on your own turns out well for you! Fingers crossed and lots of extra special baby dust!!

Hulamom, Nice to see you're back and in good spirits!! Sometimes we need a break to clear our head of whatever is stressing us out or taking over our lives and then we come back and start clean. This is probably a poor example but it's like when you lose something and you frantically search for hours and hours without any luck finding it... then you step away for a bit and focus on something else and all of the sudden YOU FIND IT and it was in plain site!! Lots of luck and love to you!

As for me, I'm a total psychopath and took a test this morning at 8 dpo because I couldn't control myself. Hubby was doing his hair in the mirror and I was peeing on a stick saying "don't judge me!!!" :rofl: He said we'd go buy more on Friday so it was fine. He says he doesn't see anything and I only see a shadow of a line so I'm calling it a BFN and I'm fine with that because it is still SO early. But I decided to post the original and a tweaked version for you viewing pleasure. I'm not too bothered by this test either way as it's a clearblue and I know blue dye tests aren't the most reliable.

I'll wait until Friday, 11 dpo. Not only because I don't want to see another negative but also because I have no more pee sticks left! I asked hubby is he thought I was crazy to which he responded with a long pause... then he hugged me and said "I love you" .... THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED :rofl:
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ashley2016 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 am

Hulamom - Hope you had a positive experience this morning getting your IUI. Glad you are feeling re-energized, that is the perfect state of mind for little bean to make it's home :) Sending you baby dust and glad to have a new member!

Dawn - There as been a lot of activity so forgive me if you are repeating yourself - but where are you at in this current cycle?

Becca - I never knew you had to be a certain amount dilated to get the epidural; that adds a whole new layer to my "plan" lol. What you said about telling them your intentions in advance is such valuable insight. Again, I hadn't thought of that! What I have thought of though, is I don't want to spend tons of money on natural birthing classes and then feel pressured not to get the epidural because I've invested so much in going natural. I'm also thinking a lot about how to choose an ObG/midwife. I currently have an OB, so no panic, but I know I will be leaving him because he has the highest rates of C-section in the state, and I do still want to go somewhat natural. I also hate the hospital he is affiliated with. Given that I may find out I'm prego this weekend, I will have to really get on it with my midwife shopping. ATM I'm thinking someone who is flexible with the whole epidrual thing would be best!

Brittany - You and your hubby crack me up :rofl: Too cute! I think my hubby would have the same reaction, and if I were to press him further to answer the question, he would probably start talking to me in a voice usually reserved for babies and small animals: "Noooooo, I don't think you're CWAAAAAZZZYYYYY cutttiiiiieeeeee." LOL. I don't blame you, I went through about 5 tests the first month. I have widdled myself down to a restrained 2-3 per month haha. Since you do have Amazon, try ordering some cheapo tests. I get some by blue cross, it's like 6$ for 10.

AFM, I couldn't sleep last night worrying about everything. My grandmother had a stroke this weekend - it was very sudden and unexpected as she was in perfect health. We know she will not be coming out of comma, and it is a sad and difficult time of waiting now. At the same time I am waiting to start testing on the weekend, so I'm in a weird head space. I am wondering whether/when to tell my family if I am pregnant. And I'm sad because she had really wanted us to be pregnant, and it has taken us so long trying that she never got to share that joy with us. Sorry to lay this all on you girls, I just don't have much of an outlet right now since clearly I am not going to bring these things up with my family. I'm also very far from all my friends and quite isolated atm - haven't met anyone in Massachusetts. So it's nice to have an open platform to let it out here.
Pregnant after ttc 6 cycles :D
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:29 am

I posted the tests on the Pee On A Stick board and everyone seems to think it's an early BFP. I also posted on a UK TTC forum board and they all think it's a BFP. My mother in law can see it. I'm still very very hesitant. So DH and I are going to the shop tonight to buy some more tests (not blue dye) and I'm going to take one tomorrow morning. I'm very anxious now. Very, very anxious.
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby L8dybug325 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:53 am

Hello Ladies! I am new to posting but not new to the site. Over the years I love hearing the stories of others in the same boat as me. Hope you don't mind me joining this board. A little about me, My name is Laura. I am 30 and relatively healthy. My husband is 35 and healthy. We are two children already ages 6 and 5. I had my IUD removed in November of 2015. I had some health issues that I am still going through. My thyroid levels are high but dr keeps telling me its a normal high for my age. (need a new dr I think). First pregnancy took about 2 years to conceive. 2nd pregnancy happened 9 months post birth with the 1st. Was not trying.
Decided this month to actually start trying. (we have been "ntnp" since November of 2015). I have a super regular cycle (28days). Today I am CD4 and this month we are going to try the SMEP. Hopefully I see the BFP at the end of this cycle. Baby Dust to all!!
L8dybug325

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:16 am

Brittany, I can see that line clearly. If I had no experience with those tests, I would say positive, 100%! Unfortunately, I had a blue dye test that looked almost exactly like that, within the time limit, and all the pink dye tests were stark white. I think the fact that it showed up is a definite reason to go out and grab a pink dye test, even from walmart (do they have walmart in the UK?!) or dollar store!

Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I don't know where your spiritual beliefs lie, but I'll share with you a few thoughts according to my own belief. I believe we have a spiritual life before and after this one. I also believe that when we are near death, our spirits kind of hover in both places for awhile. I felt this with my mom right before she died. She was pretty heavily sedated, but awake. She couldn't respond, but I felt her there... the same way I feel her near me still. I talk to her and I feel her words. It's hard to describe... the only thing I can think to compare it to, and forgive me if this is weird, is the movie Avatar, where they connect to the animals with the fibers in their hair and they share thoughts. My mom's messages are always simple, but often profound in their simplicity. And often, it's simply the message, "I'm near."

I believe that once we pass from this life, we experience a fullness of understanding. She will know that you pregnant. I believe she will know your children before they come to you and will act as a guiding angel while they are here on this earth. Death is so, so hard, but it is a natural step in a journey much bigger than right now. I hope you find peace and are able to spend some time with her before she goes. If you can, spend some time alone with her. Talk to her. Her body may not be able to hear you, but I believe her spirit will. Sending love, hugs, and strength your way. <3

Hi Laura, and welcome! I'm going to start a new thread when I get a chance today, so I'll have you, and everyone else, write out introductions again so we can all get to know each other a little better.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:34 am

STOP!

Is that big enough? Lol. We have reached our page limit, and then some. We have also had a lot going on this last week and I have lost track of who all has gotten BFP's and who all of our new ladies are, so I have restarted this thread. You can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=245192

Please read the first couple of posts and reintroduce yourself there so we can all know who is who!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hulamom » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Nelsonfamjam-Thank you for the warm welcome. The procedure went well today. Hubby's deposit had a count a little over 10 million. We BD'd on Sun night also, to help pave the way for those swimmers.

Ashley2016-I've had 2 epidurals, no problems with either of them. I had a pretty thorough birth plan for baby #1. After 14 hrs it went out the window. I had given in and gotten the epidural as my contractions were bad and I was not progressing passed 2cm. The drs discouraged me from getting it before I hit 4cm but I insisted. Ended up having a c-section so it all worked out. The anesthesiologist was Korean, her English was not perfect but she had a great bedside manner and clearly knew what she doing. She had be drape my body with a pillow over the mayo stand and was in and out in a flash and I felt no pain.

With baby #2 I did not bother with a birth plan. I wanted to try a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarian) but I knew it would likely not happen. The stars aligned and I was able to do the VBAC. I went as long as I could then gave in around 5cm. Again, so glad I did. I could relax and enjoy the experience. We were joking and laughing between pushes. This time the anesthesiologist was an older caucasian man, and I asked for the woman from my last visit. He took 40 min to get me comfortable. He had me lay down on my left side (which stimulates contractions) and I don't know what he was doing but I was about to rip his head off. After 20 min he asked my sister to leave (my hubby was on his way) and I just cried.

I guess the point I'm getting at is to plan for the things you can, but always remember that things can change very quickly. Explore your options ahead of time so you know could happen and what you would like in those situations. And DO NOT feel guilty for making choices that feel right to you. No one else is in your shoes at that moment.
hulamom

Postby Kimmiekims402 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Hello again ladies!
BFP today!!! :) :)
Attachments
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG (18.29 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Kimmiekims402

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups