Hello 2ww, 12month's ttc and looking for some buddies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hello 2ww, 12month's ttc and looking for some buddies

Postby LittleOwl » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:33 am

First post in a ttc forum, little bit about a little owl, I have lurked and searched the odd question in the past year but tired not to spend to much time getting overly obsessive and just go with it, I dont temp due to chaotic shifts, we use opks some months, other months i just monitor my natural signs. My cycles are regular, both healthy no issues we know of I am 26 and he is 36. Neither of us have any little ones yet. I have mostly enjoyed my journey so far,the hopes and dreams the excitement of when will it happen? however my dear partner and I just hit the 12month mark and an all time low. pregnancy announcements to celebrate, triggering the usual 'am I ever going to be a grandma?' And 'Isn't it time you 2 had one now' I've had those lovely comments in bucket loads after the happy news of friends and family but for some reason those questions are hurting more than ever. Even the bloody TV guide today shouted PREGNANT at me from the front page I only wanted to find a nice film for later! Sorry for the moan x I am currently in my 2ww, af is due in a week and feel so out this month already. No symptoms, where I usually will find something lol just feeling down and have nobody to talk to, my journey is becoming a lonely one so hoping to change that so I can get back to ttc with a smile! Little owl xx
LittleOwl

Re: Hello 2ww, 12month's ttc and looking for some buddies

Postby Momof0ne » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:38 am

I am also due in 7 days, Monday, and losing it. We have been TTC for 15 cycles, everyone I know is pregnant. I do have one daughter who is 7 and I am so thankful for her, I wish I could just have another. Growing up I wanted 10 children, 'my family all thought I'd be a stay at home mom and now, here I am ready to PLAN a baby and my body won't let me have one.
Momof0ne

Postby LittleOwl » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:05 am

It's very frustrating, I know what you mean so ready to start the family I've always wanted, it felt so exciting last year to go from opening a new box of pills to throwing them away, it was time! I didn't expect it to happen straight away but I didn't think the journey would be so complicated either! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to conceive your daughter? 15months bless you i'm struggling to swallow the year milestone x
We are due af the same day, Monday. How do you feel this month? I usually have a few symptoms that in the early months were the best things ever but by now I know are just af but you never stop thinking what if! This month, I have nada... I just feel 'normal' like the normal when your period has just ended if the makes sense! I really do wish you the best of luck for the 1ww!
LittleOwl

Postby PinkPeony » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am

Hi ladies! I am officially joining this site as well. I am on CD 3, when AF arrived right on time this past Saturday, I had a good cry, then chucked it up and am ready to start the next round. This will be cycle 5 for us.

I am 35, DH is 34. He has a daughter from a previous relationship (she is awesome, I love her dearly), I have no children. Actually, I thought I would never have children, until I met him. My view on life changed when I met my DH.

I totally get what you mean about the comments and pregnancy being blasted in your face. My family has comments all time time about how "it's about time" or if I pass on wine with dinner, "there's something she's not telling us". Yeah. There is, that something is that we are TRYING HARD to make things happen, but we don't need pressure from everyone else.

For the last two months we have used OPK's, I chart my BBT, and I check my CM. We have been using Pre-Seed. This cycle, I am not sure what to do differently, I guess keep a positive attitude, BD regularly, and just enjoy time with my amazing DH.

Good luck ladies! I hope you get your BFPs this cycle!
PinkPeony

Postby Momof0ne » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:29 am

Littleowl- I was only 18 when I got pregnant with my daughter. I wasn't "trying", she was a happy accident, I can say that I "knew" I was pregnant before a positive test, I could just feel it. I can really explain why or how, and I've never felt that way since. She's 7.5 now, I tried the pill, Nuva ring and the mirena after her to make sure I didn't accidentally have another until I was ready; married, done with college, career, own a home, etc. I accomplished all of those things and now I can't have the baby I so desire. Just to add: don't feel bad if it irritates you that i did have one happy accident baby, it makes me irritated too! I also get annoyed with girls who do the same at the age I was or those who aren't married, stable, sane...I try not to but it's hard! I don't really have symptoms this month that I don't get every month after ov, boobs hurt (I have fibrocystic breast, it's normal), dull cramping/achy uterus, back hurt right after ov, weird BM some days. I got two bfns in CD 6&8 (too early, but I caved!)

Welcome pinkpeony! AF is evil and TTC is stressful, at least we can talk to one another about it. My whole family just gets pregnant, I have one aunt who had trouble with her first but then had 2 after, no problem. The third was even totally unexpected! My dad's parents had 5 kids, they say they never tried for ANY, they just happened. Blah!
Momof0ne

Postby LittleOwl » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Momofone - I've never heard of fibrocystic breast, it sounds painful! That's literally my only symotom this month, painful breasts, but they always are from about 8day's before af and even they are only hurting on and off rather than constantly. I think it's lovely your first was a happy suprise! It's awfull your struggling now though, when the time is so right but I think it really shows us there is no pattern or secret code to get us that elusive bfp ... I admire you testing already, I have only taken 3 in 12months, the stark white where I so want that second line to be breaks my heart worse than af. I can't bear it. Will you test again or wait until Monday? xx

Hi PinkPeony, I do feel for you, I'm struggling to shrug the comments off at the moment with 'when the house is sorted' 'one day' only to get told 'oh just get pregnant' it's done then worry about the house later' I wish it were that easy! A family friend is 'accidentally' pg with no.4, I don't feel negatively toward her at all I tell myself our turn will come, God willing, but it's now all we hear about that's the hard part. Even my partner is getting it and I worry how it makes him feel, he wants to be a daddy more than anything. If only they knew we'd been trying and prayig so damn hard for what they got so easily. I too have a family of concieve at the drop of a hat'ers by the way lol! A new cycle for you, I really do wish you all the best of luck for this one Pink, keep us posted! an you are right we should try enjoy it as much as possible with our lovely guys xx
LittleOwl

Postby Momof0ne » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm going to try my hardest to wait until Monday to test again. If this cycle doesn't end up with a bfp I am going to delete all of my apps and try to put it out of my mind for a while. I'm also starting (as of today) and endometriosis diet, I haven't been diagnosed but from conversations with friends I've realized the pain I feel when ovulating and AF is not normal. I've read a lot about how eliminating certain foods can really help endo pain and possibly even conceiving with it. It's basically vegetarian--I hate most veggies soooo we'll see how I do. Lol!

Try to stay positive ladies! Just keeping swimming, somehow people tend to get pregnant when they aren't trying...maybe we should all try not to try. Haha.
Momof0ne

Postby LittleOwl » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:19 am

With you on that momofone, it always seems to happen when it's least expected. I too will be deleting ovia after this cycle, only keeping record of af dates that's it and no more opk's for a while. I feel a break would be good and a nice time of year to do it with seasonal distractions lol. I have read quite a lot about people having sucess with diet change, I've nevery heard of the endo one tho, if anything it will be a good distraction for you as well as positive for ttc and fertility health, are you following a set plan? I get a few twinges around o but no pain, that must be most unpleasant! Have you spoken with your gp about it? xx I like that - just keep swimming lol I swim twice a week for fitness and fun, it''s about the only guaranteed 2hours of my week I don't think about ttc! xx
LittleOwl

Postby Momof0ne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:06 am

I just deleted by apps, I have to get out of my head. No specific plan laid out by my fs, I just started seeing her in October, first off she ordered a DNA test and an HSG. I am not a carrier for any of the 375 genes they tested for, she ordered bc I have a severely autistic first cousin and a cousin who has lost several pregnancies and never carried one to term. The office told me I can call & request clinic for nextcyclw if I want, I read online that you can only take 6 dosases though and after that your risk of cancer increases, so.....not sure I want to try! There's a fair amount of cancer in my family already, I'd rather live a long healthy life with my little girl than put myself at risk for a second child. Ugh, idk. My boobs hurt SO BAD yesterday and today, I wince walking down the stairs they're so sensitive and they are HUGE. I'm up 2 cup sizes recently but down 5lbs in weight, my body's all screwed up! I tested again this morning bc of my breast pain and frequency of peeing--my daughter told me I've been peeing a lot lol! It was bfn, I think I'm going nuts though because I'm kind of starting to have my "feeling I'm pg" thoughts, not physically just mentally. I'm probably not though so Monday will suck when AF shows.
Momof0ne

Postby Momof0ne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:07 am

*request clomid. My phone autocorrected.
Momof0ne

Postby LittleOwl » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:59 pm

375 that is a lot of genes to test for ... I never knew there was so many things you could be checked out for. I have read about the clomid/cancer link it's pretty scary but tbh i'm not really sure what clomid does I've never looked it up just read it as medication to help ovulation when I see it! What are the circumstances for it to be prescribed? Is it for suspected ovulation problems?
Gutted for your bfn, it is still early tho, maybe your strange feeling and the sore/large boobs and frequent bathroon trips are a good sign if that's unusual for you? Monday defiantly will suck if af turns up, i'm not feeling even a hint of a bfp this month, even tho we hit fertile window, doing everything we can such as gave up weekend drinks since october, both exercising and eating as ideal diet as possible I just feel totally normal, just like after af is gone it's weird, I usually feel really bloated, pincy pains in lower tummy and feel tired but nothing, I do have sore boobs in the mornings they really hurt but then they wear off to a dull barely there ache not my usual constant pain. I'm quite mift about my lack of symptoms lol all I have is my second cold in 3week's but it's flying around work and I work in health care so no suprise there. Maybe it's numbness stemming form my very first 'feeling over it all' cycle. If that makes sense. The waiting is tough isn't it, how long are you cycles? Mine are 31-35days it feels like forever from beginning to 2ww xx
LittleOwl

Postby Momof0ne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:57 pm

My understanding of clomid is that it makes you produce/mature more eggs at once during ovulation. I ovulate just fine, but if I do have endo then that can cause swelling during ov and then make it harder for the egg and sperm to meet or for the fertilized blastocyst to implant. Sometimes I wonder if my body is allowing eggs to be fertilized every month but they just aren't implanting bc I do get some pretty strange symptoms every single cycle. I just started feeling aching in my uterus and back, AF is definitely coming. I can just tell. Now I just feel like crying and giving up. I'm so over it!
Momof0ne

Postby LittleOwl » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm

I have hered aspirin can help, whether it's safe or related to what you think may be happing I'm not sure but I remember reading it thins the blood reducing swelling in the uterus and can improve chances of conception but I can't remember where I read it. Aw I have had many cycles I have just known af is coming and it is the most heartbreaking realisation ... I Want to write stay hopeful, your not out until she arrives but we have both been at it long enough for it to become one of the most annoying things to hear sometimes, eve if it''s true for some, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you mumofone! xx
LittleOwl

Postby Sassa » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:53 am

Hi little Owl, I completely understand where you are I am there with you. My partner and I have been trying and we just hit our one year mark as well I am 29 and he is 40. We have an 8 year old son and a 7 year old daughter however they are not biologically his. It seems as though everyone around us is falling pregnant this year in his family alone three babies were born, each time we are so excited but in the back o my mind it hurts that it's not me. Two of my good friends were pregnant as well this year my closest friends just having her little girl a few months ago and another due in February. I had so much hope this cycle everything looked great but it the end another bfn. It will happen in good time and I am sure the day we see them on the ultrasound all of the waiting and stress will fade to joy, keep trying 2017 will be our year :)
Sassa
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LittleOwl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 am

His Sassa, thank you for your response, yes we are at the same place! No idea why the 12month mark hurt so much, I have pretty long cycle's so I know it hasn't been 12 actual cycles but the waiting is long and drawn out. I am trying to conceive for the first time and I have absolutly have no idea how people manage it by accident lol it seems impossible right now!
That's gutting to have a cycle feel so positive and everything looking hopeful to end up with a bfn. If you don't mind me asking, how long did your first 2little ones take to conceive? I am due af on Monday, but have no idea what to think I have minimal usual symptoms but also an awful cold, my second in three weeks which cant be good for ttc, I just feel rubbish lol! Hope this cold doesn't make my period late I've had that happen before ttc lol What CD are you on? I wish you the best of luck for your new cycle, yes hopefully we will be blessed by 2017 and it will all be so worth it! xx
LittleOwl

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups