2017 Baby Buddies! (2)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2017 Baby Buddies! (2)

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:24 am

(Continuation of 2017 Baby Buddies thread 1: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=245023 )

BeeCee33
Name: Becca
Health notes: Had mirena IUD removed 11/10/16. Trying for number 2!

nelsonfamjam

Name: Brittany
Health Notes: TTC Baby #1

caqtcake13
Name: Caroleanne
Health notes: ttc #3

Crps369
Name: Dawn
Health notes: TTC #1

BabyMartin1104
Name: Jennifer
Health notes: TTC Baby # 1

Hopefulrosey
Name: Rossane, mostly called Rosey
Health: TC #1 since Jan'16, though took 3 cycles off in between. Sub-clinical hypo thats under control (last test revealed TSH normal). No other unknown issues, but I worry as I can spot for 2-3 days before AF. DH has low morphology (2%).

ashley2016
Name: Ashley (29) DH (29)
Health notes: TTC #1 for 10 months (with a few breaks in between) No medical interventions or know health issues. 6th cycle of ttc.

Trumom16
Name:Tru
Health notes: was on progesterone tablets since 3 months now, gonna hv a d&c next month. Hopefully will b able to ttc from Jan again.

AnJC13
Name: Anne
Health notes: TTC 6th cycle #1. No known issues.

hulamom
Name: Carmen
Health notes: ttc #3, 11 months. I'm 36 with PCOS. Have 2 boys, 11yrs old and 7yrs old. Was on birth control with both them, they're my unplanned blessings.
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies! (2)

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 am

Hi ladies! We have had a lot of people recently join the group, and had several ladies move on to the pregnancy boards, so I'm starting a new thread. Please give a brief introduction so everyone can get to know you, and fill out the following information for me to add to the first post for reference so we can keep each other straight.

Name:

(You don't have to do these things, but they REALLY help when it gets busy around here! )Here are a couple of tips to keep the thread organized and help people keep members straight:
*Put your FF chart or ticker in your signature
*Put your first name in your signature (if you are on your phone, you can request the desktop site and then signatures will be visible to you)
*When you are replying to multiple people in one post, put their names in bold so it's easy for them to find. Sometimes it's hard to do this on a phone, so don't feel like you HAVE to, but it does help a lot!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 am

Name: Brittany
Health Notes: TTC Baby #1

I'm Brittany, hiii! I moved to England from Atlanta Georgia in September and my husband and I are trying for our first baby. I got my paragard IUD out one month ago so I'm not too sure on how my cycles are normally. :D That's about it for me haha
Last edited by nelsonfamjam on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:39 am

Ashley, I'm so sorry for your loss. I like what Becca said. She's watching over you now, try to take some comfort in that. My grandfather is currently on hospice and it's been hard being so hard away from him. Losing family members really hurts, especially if you were close. -- Ahh yes my husband does that baby/pet talk on me ALL THE TIME haha I love it! Too funny. -- I think it's a good idea to explore your options early. That way you don't feel so overwhelmed when the time comes. You can just jump right in and know exactly where and who you want to see.

Becca, You settling back in after Thanksgiving?? Hope so!!

L8dybug, Welcome to the group!! Becca knows a lot about the SMEP so maybe she can help you out with that one. Hopefully it doesn't take two years this time!! Which IUD did you have??

You guys are probably right. It's probably just an evap playing a trick on me. I really didn't have much hope of this month being it for me, considering it's only the first month. I'm still going to buy more tests tonight and take another one in the morning but I'm really discouraged now :(
Last edited by nelsonfamjam on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:41 am

I'll go first:

Hi, I'm Becca (Hi Becca!) and I'm from Washington state, USA. I got my mirena removed November 11th of this year, and ovulated two days later. I'm currently trying to figure out if some spotting I had last week was AF, so just kind of waiting things out!

I have a 16 month old son named Henry and he is the light of my life and an absolute doll. I'm really excited to see him with a sibling. He's ALL about babies right now so hopefully that lasts for the next year or so. ;)

As far as TTC and pregnancy goes, we conceived Henry on cycle 3 of trying, using a relaxed version of SMEP. It was also my first month drinking a preconception tea, using opk's and temping successfully. It all fell into place! I had terrible Hyperemesis Gravidarum during pregnancy and will likely have it again. Labor and delivery was long and complicated, and I ended up having an emergency c-section, during which I ended up needing an extra incision perpendicular to the original. Because of the vertical element, I have no choice but to deliver all future babies via c-section around 38 weeks.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:44 am

Brittany, I'm back, but not quite settled lol. I decided to pull out the Christmas decorations before unpacking suitcases so the house is an absolute disaster! On top of that, Henry is sick and miserable, and we just found out our landlord is raising our rent by 30% which we plain and simple can't afford, so we are searching for a place to move into ASAP. We have 2 big dogs and hubby has dirt bikes he needs a shop for. Finding a place in our price range that allows dogs and has a garage or shop is proving very difficult, so I've been stressing out about that. That's the main reason I haven't kept up well with everything here. I've been reading it all, but I'm not retaining it all!

And seriously, that could be a bfp, and seeing a line that clear, I would definitely get more tests! Just wanted you to know I've been tricked by those before. Go get some more tests!!!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:10 am

Hi Guys!

My name is Carolanne, new here, excited yet apprehensive for this TTC journey. :? We live in San Diego, CA.

I have two babes already, Makena 6 and Logan 4. I just started my 3rd month trying to conceive baby #3, charting using OPKs and last month we used preseed. No BFPs for me yet, hoping for the best though.
So happy to meet you all and have some ladies to go through this with, the TTC journey always makes me an emotional wreck. :wink: Hope everyone is well!
Me: Carolanne(33)
DH: Jeremiah(35)
DD: Makena (6)
DS:Logan(4)

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crps369 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:19 am

Name: Dawn
Health: TTC #1

Other info...
I am 29 and I have been married 6 years. I have PCOS but I am trying to do things naturally first. I stopped my BC 3 months ago. Right now I am CD7. The reason for my screen name is I suffer from a chronic pain condition called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) so that is a part of my screen names everywhere lol. In my life I have had 4 miscarriages...so hoping for one that I can watch grow up this time. I really hope to get to know all of you...baby dust to all
Crps369
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyMartin1104 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Jennifer
Pensacola, FL.
TTC Baby # 1

Brittany and Becca hey ladies sorry I should have responded sooner I have been so busy and kinda disappointed and had some weird things happening with me but I'm at work with my fiancé will definitely elaborate when I get home and settled in!!

Welcome to the group ladies!! Will update all of you later on what's been going on the last few days.
Jennifer TTC Baby #1 since October 2016
BabyMartin1104
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Hopefulrosey » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi Girls, Do you mind if I join? First, my intro

Name: Rossane, mostly called Rosey
Health: TC #1 since Jan'16, though took 3 cycles off in between. Sub-clinical hypo thats under control (last test revealed TSH normal). No other unknown issues, but I worry as I can spot for 2-3 days before AF. DH has low morphology (2%).

Other info....

I am 32 and been married since Feb'15 to my school sweetheart. Never used birth control or IUD as DH took care of protection. Have rather shorter cycles 24-25 days but very regular cycles. I O around CD12 but I am a chronic spotter. After spotting for 2-3 days, AF shows up which usually lasts 2-3 days. I suspect a CP in July as AF was like 5 days late and I got 2 extremely faint BFPs. But, my DH thought they are both evp so I don't know.

At the moment I am in limbo. I was supposed to get AF today (cd26) but it has not showed up yet. Been spotting on and off (major TMI alert) brownish watery stuff for the last 4 days (which is excessive even for my normal pattern) but I feel like AF is nowhere near. Tested BFN few hours ago so I am most likely out. Not sure why AF is not showing up. I started taking a fertility blend this cycle which has low dose of Vitex and I have lost 8 lbs in last 8 weeks. Perhaps, either could be the reason :( I am hoping to get my BFP soon.

Babydust to all
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 32, no known issues except early hypothyroidism
DH: 32, Sperm analysis #1 (Jun'16) morphology poor (2%) with severe DNA fragmentation, SA #2 (Jul'17) - Perfectly normal morphology and no severe DNA frg (God is the greatest)

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ashley2016 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Name: Ashley (29) DH (29)
Health notes: TTC #1 for 10 months (with a few breaks in between) No medical interventions or know health issues. 6th cycle of ttc.

Hi everyone! It's been a very tough day, so I am not retaining all the new members, but a sincere welcome! I hope to catch up in the next couple days.

Jennifer - Glad to hear from you and to know you are okay. I know you are disappointed. You've got this next month though!!! Sending baby dust your way!

Becca - Thank you so much for your kind and comforting words. I will hang on to them.

Brittany - Thank you for the support. Maybe I misunderstood the picture earlier. I thought a cross sign in the result window was a positive? If not, and all that is needed is a single horizontal line, then wow! That a is a clear BFP!!! Try to relax and test again tomorrow or the next day if you can hold off til then.

Everyone else, hope you get as much out of this board as I have so far! Best wishes to all and I'll be back in a little bit. Going to give myself some tlc right now because I really need it.
Pregnant after ttc 6 cycles :D
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Carolanne, glad you joined us! I love that you are in my same time zone. We are going to fill up this page every evening and the girls in Europe and on the east coast are going to wake up to our craziness every day. ;)

Dawn, welcome (again!) to the group. How does the CRPS affect you? I had hyperemesis my last pregnancy and I was so miserable. I remember how exhausting it was to feel so terrible all the time for months on end with no break. But I remember thinking that I at least had an end date... it might last my whole pregnancy, but I WAS going to get better. I remember thinking how hard it must be for people living with chronic illness with no end in sight. I hope they are able to manage it well for you. Will you be able to continue your treatment plan once pregnant? I know that is another big worry for a lot of people, as a lot of meds aren't ok to use while pregnant.

Jennifer, hope you're doing ok. Anxiously awaiting an update!

Rosey, welcome! Are you from Germany originally, or just living there? And I just have to say (to everyone!) I don't think there is any such thing as TMI here, so no need to apologize! If you started new supplements this month, that could affect ovulation and, therefore, your period. Did you O on time this cycle? I drank a pre-conception tea the cycle I got pregnant and it pushed O back almost a week!

Ashley, take care of yourself, and check in as needed. This is a group of support no matter what your struggles are, so we don't care if it's directly TTC related. If you need to unload, we'll be here! One more note I forget to mention earlier: If you do end up pregnant, I don't think your grandmother's health or passing should affect your decision to tell them. If you would normally tell them early, go ahead and do it. I think there is a certain beauty about one life ending and another beginning, and it's ok to feel joy when there is also sadness. That being said, it's completely understandable if you want to keep things to yourself for a bit. And if you don't end up pregnant this cycle, maybe your Grandmother can hand pick a special little spirit to send to you at the right time.

As for me, I am feeling a little AFish suddenly... Kind of heavy and crampy. A little wet. I actually just ran to the bathroom to see if she had arrived for real, only to find a bit of wet cm. Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed. I'm 99% sure I'm not pregnant, and maybe 75% sure that spotting over Thanksgiving was AF, but I would welcome a real AF that didn't leave me guessing at this point! I was guessing it was actually due yesterday, so today would be completely normal timing based on cycle length, whereas last Thursday would have been early for cycle length, on time-ish for suspected luteal phase. Moooooore waiting I guess!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Ok... what the heck? I just checked my cervix, and it was so high I couldn't even reach it (trust me... I tried... awkwardly for several minutes lol). It's been a long time since I've tracked it at all, and couldn't remember where it was supposed to be right after AF. I looked it up and here's what they say:

"During menstrual bleeding, the cervix is normally low and hard and slightly open to allow the blood to flow out. It feels like the tip of your nose.
After your period stops, the cervix remains low and hard and the opening to the uterus (uterine os) remains closed.
As you approach ovulation, the cervix rises up to the top of the vagina and becomes softer and moister.
At the height of ovulation, the cervix feels more like your lips than your nose and the uterine os is open to allow sperm to enter in. Sometimes the cervix seems to disappear – which just means it has become so soft that it blends in with the vagina walls and rises so high that the finger cannot touch it. This is known as SHOW - soft, high, open and wet. This is your most fertile time and is the optimal time to have sex to achieve pregnancy.
Once ovulation occurs, the cervix drops lower and becomes more firm - once again feeling like the tip of your nose. The opening to the uterus will become tightly closed. This can happen immediately after ovulation or may take several hours to several days.
When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the os will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times for different women – as early as 12 days after ovulation or well after the pregnancy has been confirmed by a home pregnancy test or doctor."

Why this confuses me: If I really am on CD 5, and had I had a normal period, I would probably just be finishing AF, maybe seeing some brown spotting and have pretty dry cm. And supposedly my cervix should be low (or at least low enough to reach!) and firm. I shouldn't O for another 10 days or so, so it wouldn't be that high.

I was feeling pretty content and somewhat confident in my decision to mark AF on Thanksgiving Thursday, but now I'm totally baffled again! If that wasn't my period, I'd be 17dpo today, and should be able to get a positive test. I did test with SMU and it looked pretty much like the others- I can see a line, but it is so faint that I have to twist it in just the right line to see it. It's been a week of those, so I'm assuming it's the tests.

I wish I knew what was going on!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome ladies! I am super excited to have a group of girls to go through this with. I had a M/C right before getting pregnant with my son, ended with a D&C and a lot of emotions(this was 5 years ago).... its nice to know that whatever this journey brings to all of us we at least have this safe place to fall when we need to. I know at least for myself this is such an emotional roller coaster so having that support is amazing.

Becca - That's crazy! Is your cervix usually pretty on point in your cycles? I have never had much luck, mine fluctuates so much and seems to be the opposite of what all the articles say it should be at different stages. Have you done any FRER tests?!? Maybe bite the bullet and go get one to put it to rest? Have the lines you are seeing on the batch of tests you have changes at all?!? Gotten any more noticeable?

Ashley - Very nice to meet you. So sorry to hear you are having a rough day, lots of happy thoughts headed your way! :hb:

Rosey - Hi!! Nice to meet you. :) Hoping you get your BFP soon as well!!! What is fertility blend? I was just looking at different supplements but have no clue if I just let it be for now or give something a go.

Dawn - Nice to meet you Dawn! Lots of baby dust your way!
Me: Carolanne(33)
DH: Jeremiah(35)
DD: Makena (6)
DS:Logan(4)

My Ovulation Chart
caqtcake13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hulamom » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Nelsonfamjam-Thank you for the warm welcome. The procedure went well today. Hubby's deposit had a count a little over 10 million. We BD'd on Sun night also, to help pave the way for those swimmers.

Ashley2016-I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is a sad and stressful time. Remember self-care. Its ok to take a min, hour, whatever for yourself to process things. Sometimes as women we feel this need to be superwoman and take everything on and let others relax and heal, but we deserve it too. If you cannot give yourself permission, I give you permission. In my culture we believe that the grief from a loved one passing will bring about a new pregnancy-part of the cycle of life. Hope that helps.

I've had 2 epidurals, no problems with either of them. I had a pretty thorough birth plan for baby #1. After 14 hrs it went out the window. I had given in and gotten the epidural as my contractions were bad and I was not progressing passed 2cm. The drs discouraged me from getting it before I hit 4cm but I insisted. Ended up having a c-section so it all worked out. The anesthesiologist was Korean, her English was not perfect but she had a great bedside manner and clearly knew what she doing. She had be drape my body with a pillow over the mayo stand and was in and out in a flash and I felt no pain.

With baby #2 I did not bother with a birth plan. I wanted to try a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarian) but I knew it would likely not happen. The stars aligned and I was able to do the VBAC. I went as long as I could then gave in around 5cm. Again, so glad I did. I could relax and enjoy the experience. We were joking and laughing between pushes. This time the anesthesiologist was an older caucasian man, and I asked for the woman from my last visit. He took 40 min to get me comfortable. He had me lay down on my left side (which stimulates contractions) and I don't know what he was doing but I was about to rip his head off. After 20 min he asked my sister to leave (my hubby was on his way) and I just cried.

I guess the point I'm getting at is to plan for the things you can, but always remember that things can change very quickly. Explore your options ahead of time so you know could happen and what you would like in those situations. And DO NOT feel guilty for making choices that feel right to you. No one else is in your shoes at that moment.
hulamom

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups