2017 Baby Buddies! (2)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies! (2)

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Carolanne, I haven't checked it regularly enough to know if it follows normal patterns, it just seems like right now I should at least be able to reach it!

I've heard the frer's are not reliable anymore. They changed them and they aren't as sensitive and have been giving people evaps. I have one of the old ones left and I'm saving it for when I see a believable line on the cheapies!

The lines have pretty much stayed the same, just barely, barely there, not sure if there's any color. I really do think it's the tests. I just have no clue where I might be in my cycle if that wasn't AF...
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Welcome, hulamom. Can you leave us your intro again and fill out the info on the second post of this thread, so I can add it to the first post? Thanks!

Ashley, hulamom's comment reminded me: the reason they don't want to do the epidural too early is that it can wear off and you definitely want it at the end!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Trumom16 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been on the site since 2 months now. My information is here

Name:Tru

Health notes: was on progesterone tablets since 3 months now, gonna hv a d&c next month. Hopefully will b able to ttc from Jan again.
Trumom16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crps369 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Becca I have the CRPS in my left foot and leg and in my right wrist and forearm. I am on no pain killers anymore. I do have a SCS for my foot but it is shut off because no one is sure if it is safe for a baby. I am having one more nerve block on the 9th for my arm. I just try to get as much out of life as I can, day by day.
Crps369
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Name: Anne
Health notes: TTC 6th cycle #1. No known issues.
AnJC13

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Alright ladies, get ready for some crazy talk. I have been googling like crazy to try to figure out what could be going on with my cycle and I actually found a scenario in which I could still be pregnant. I would, however, like to state for the record that I believe AF was either last Thursday, or will be coming shortly. But I'm still going to explain the alternative as what I found surprised me.

I do think the lines I've been seeing are evaps/shadows. I don't think they indicate pregnancy. What I found out today was that my math may not have been 100% correct. Here's what I assumed based on what I know: Implantation can take place as late as 12 dpo. After that, hcg takes 2-5 days to be detectable, so certainly by 17dpo (which would be today), you should be able to detect a pregnancy.

Then I found this:

"Implantation, the attachment of the fertilized egg in the lining of the uterus, occurs on average about a week or later after ovulation/fertilization, but it can happen as early as six days and as late as 12 days after fertilization/ovulation. At the time of implantation the placenta starts making the pregnancy hormone hCG, which then enters the blood stream. How early pregnancy can be detected depends on the pregnancy hormone hcG which can be detected in the blood about three to four days after implantation. Urine hCG can be detected about two to three days after blood hCG can first be seen. Detection of hCG depends on timing of implantation, so hCG can normally be detected in the blood between nine and 16 days after ovulation (HPT: 12-19 days after ovulation)."

So according to that, the hcg rise should be detectable in the blood by 17dpo, but not necessarily the urine. That means it's plausible that I wouldn't see a positive for another 2 days.

Then I looked up some info about implantation bleeding and the first little blurb on google said it is usually brown... or BLACK. I have never seen black blood before that smear on Thanksgiving. It lasted 3 days (pretty standard for IB) and looked just like my IB I had with Henry, but last time it was red. I looked back on my last chart to see what DPO that occurred annnnnnnd: 12 dpo, the last possible day for implantation.

I assumed all along that if I got pregnant, it would have to implant at the very tail end of the time limit, as my lining was basically gone at the time of ovulation and would only have my luteal phase to thicken.

So now I can't get it out of my head that there's still a chance for this cycle. It would be totally crazy if it actually happened!

*Oh, Edit: I forgot to add that my boobs have been just a little tender and sore, which is unusual for me. They usually are never like that, and weren't last pregnancy either. It's just mild, and I haven't even recorded it anywhere, just noticed it in passing for a few days.

I also had a sore throat and stuffy nose 13/14 dpo, the stuffy nose has somewhat lingered. (Your immune system lowers around implantation so your body doesn't reject the egg, so getting sick around that time is not unusual. )That, combined with the high cervix, creamy cm, and AF type cramps are making me wonder if maybe there is a chance.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Woke up at 4:30 am to test and nothing so I'm just not gonna do anymore this cycle. I'll reply to everyone better a bit later. I'm on my phone in bed so, can't reply properly.
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Aw, Brittany, 8 dpo is still super early! You've got lots of time!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm 9 dpo today and it is so early but I just can't stomach negatives hah. I didn't know it'd be this hard, I don't know how some ladies make it through months and months and years... wow!!

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BabyMartin1104 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:22 pm

OK ladies I am back finally time to update of everything that has been going on with me.

Becca I definitely can see how you are so confused with all this, but I am holding out hope that this is it for you. If not we can look at the next cycle together because AF started on Thanksgiving. Hope Henry feels better soon. Finding a place in general is hard we have been starting to look for a place. It is very stressful. Maybe it could be your body adjusting to getting your IUD out. By the way how do I put my fertility friend chart in my signature?

Ashley Yeah I have been disappointed, but I have started looking forward to this cycle of trying having fun being able to enjoy a glass of wine last night it was really nice. Sorry about your loss and your rough day. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Brittany Hey girl saw the test on the other thread it looked like a positive to me, but I have heard such bad things about blue dye test. Sorry for the bfn 9dpo is early. I am holding out hope for your bfp!!!

Carolanne Welcome to the group! It definitely is nice having other ladies to go through the TWW with.

Dawn Welcome to the group. My sister has PCOS so I am very familiar with it. Definitely looking forward to getting to know you more.

Rosey Welcome to the group! Well being in limbo is horrible just had that happen to me but ended in AF for me. Sending baby dust your way.

Tru Welcome to the group!

Anne Welcome to the group!

hulamom Welcome to the group.

As For Me Oh where to begin. AF started Thanksgiving day for me. It was pretty rough actually no cramping just really heavy bleeding that day. TMI alert A few days ago had sharp pains hit me in the shower and weirdly I kinda just pushed a little and a huge clot fell out about the size of my palm. I immediately felt better. Anyway this period has been so weird for me. After three days of medium to light bleeding I have been spotting not usual for me. Boobs are oddly sore and areolas have expanded like crazy my fiance looked at them yesterday and said they are so big, Why is that.. I told him I had no idea it's very unusual for me. So I know it had to be AF but I just don't understand why I have these other symptoms though. I know they are not usual for me because I am very intune with my body. Anyway it's nice to finally catch up with you ladies.
Jennifer TTC Baby #1 since October 2016
BabyMartin1104
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:44 pm

Jennifer, sorry I'm forgetting details. This last week was so busy and confusing for me! Did you get a possible positive test at all in there? Was AF on time? I hate to throw the idea of an early miscarriage out there, but much of what you described sounds like that could be the cause of the weird cycle. Also, if your period was weird and you are still experiencing unusual symptoms, you may want to take another test to make sure it's negative and rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

I hope it was just a strange cycle and you can get on with this next one. :/

I'll have to go look at the codes again to tell you how to put your chart in your signature. I'll get back to you on that!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

OK, if you hit "share" in the upper right hand corner on ff, it gives you a bunch of codes. Under bbCode, you'll see one that says "chart thumbnail." Copy that and paste it in your signature. If you don't know how to edit your signature, it's in the user control panel.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:37 am

Becca, I am a German, living in Germany. I am so sorry that you are in limbo because of AF like spotting and now high cervix must be understandably confusing. I really hate it when our bodies do that :( The quote is right about cervix as mine is usually hanging lowish around AF time. But, not always. I find my cervix to be unpredictable and unreliable. It literally can change positions within hours. I really hope that new math is right and that you are pregnant :)

For my O timing - This was my first cycle after break so I am taking things easy, meaning no OPKs and temping. Before I went on break, whole TTC had turned me into a mess. So, this time around I am being cautiously relaxed and patient. We BD several times between CD5-CD16 so I am confident that I was covered,even in cased of early / latish O.

Carolanne - Thanks for the warm welcome. The fertility blend is just lots of multivit, esp Folic acid, Vit BComplex and C. The only additional thing it has is a mixture of Vitex, Siberian Ginseng and Red Clover (total 160mg so I guess its still low dose). I do think that it has done something to my system i.e. either lengthened my LP or pushed O a bit forward. Whatever the case maybe, I am fine as there was bit of a room for improvement in both areas. Only bad thing is longer than usual spotting but we will see how it goes next month. Which prenatals are you taking?

Ashley - sorry to hear about your grandmother. Lots of hugs

Brittany - Sorry about BFP but like Becca said its still too early.

Jennifer - Sorry about the weird AF. As Becca said, I also think it could be CP. I totally understand your situation. I also had tons of symptoms this cycle. I woke up on 7DPO, feeling sore every where. Like I had overexercised. This continued until yesterday. My energy was suddenly low and my nipples were sensitive, huge and pointy (they still are). I kept telling DH that these are classic early pregnancy symptoms. Not sure why our bodies do that.

To all - do we have any girls here who spot before AF and got BFP? How was your spotting situation during BFP cycle? And, do you know why you spot? My obgy is an @ss when it comes to listening to me. For her, spotting is not an issue that even worth her time :doh: I used to think my spotting is due to low thyroid. Now thyroid is under control, but spotting is not.

AFM, I am 95% sure that AF will show up today. For the first time in last 5 days, I am seeing red on tp and feeling weak down there. Never thought I will be relieved to see AF coming. Now, I can make peace and move on to a new beginning.

Babydust to alll
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 32, no known issues except early hypothyroidism
DH: 32, 4 SAs. Different results each time

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
IUI #2 Dec'17
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nelsonfamjam » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:59 am

Carolanne, The TWW is absolutely horrendous but it makes it easier to have friends to help you stay sane (or to be just as crazy with you). Feel free to come here and vent your frustrations or symptom spot like a mad woman any time!! -- Sorry to hear about the m/c... I know it must still be hard, even after all this time. I don't imagine that's something you ever really let go of.

Dawn, Yikes! That sounds painful. Good on you for doing it all without pain killers. You're one strong woman!! Feel free to not answer this but, does pregnancy make the pain worse? I'd imagine it would. You have a great outlook - you live life as full as you can, despite the pain. Go you!!

Jennifer, Please update us when you can. You have me worried now!! I hope you're alright :hb:

Rosey, Before my IUD (I'm not sure how they will be after it, we'll see as this is my first month with it out) I had odd cycles like that. 29 - 34 days long and I'd spot a good 2/3 days before with that watery brown type of discharge. Not every month but some months. Not sure what it means. -- I hope you figure out what's going on with your cycle. I think waiting for AF to start when you know it's coming is the most obnoxious feeling ever. I was late last month but not pregnant and drove myself crazy wishing she would just show already. -- Sorry to hear that your doctor won't listen to your concerns about spotting. Maybe try temping and see what's going on with your cycles (ovulation and how long your LP is) and then you will have something solid to discuss with her so she knows that you know what you're talking about. -- YAY for a fellow "European". I'm technically American but I live in England so it's nice to have someone a bit closer to my time zone!! :wave:

Ashley, Yes. Go give yourself some TLC. We'll be here waiting for you when you're ready and always, always feel free to come talk to us if you need to!! :hb: I agree with everything Becca said. A new life is something to celebrate and it can often times makes hard losses easier. :hug:

Becca, OMG that's so interesting and sounds kind of promising! You really are a research-aholic like I am. Haha! I get stuck on an idea and I'll go read anything and everything about it. I do hope you are one of those late implanters and that the black spotting was IB! How cool would that be!? Hopefully you get some kind of answer soon though, it must be driving you bonkers. Last month after my IUD was taken out, I was late and spotty too...drove me absolutely insane.

Hulamom, That's excellent news about your DH's swimmers!! -- Great advice, thanks so much for sharing! Reading all of these experiences from people who have been there, done that is very very helpful!!

Tru, Fingers crossed that January is your month and I'll have you in my thoughts during your d/c!

Anne, Hope to hear more from you soon. Come obsess with us!! The first cycle is stressful... I've learned... so it's nice to have people here who understand.

As for me, I'm a bit disheartened. Took the test at 4am and it was straight up negative. I will never ever buy a blue dye test again because that clearblue yesterday gave me such a nasty evap. Becca I got burned like you did. Ouch!! And I was so upset this morning but i think I was just still half asleep. I slept a few more hours, woke up, and feel better. I went to fertility friend and looked at charts where women got negatives before positive and I feel 100% better and not out of the game yet. I'm so early and it's not uncommon to get multiple negatives before positives. I don't think I'm going to use another test until Friday though, as I can't stand seeing negatives.

My boobs are crazy sore but my cramping has gone now. I feel kind of blah but I think that's just lingering sickness and stress. Likely just PMS that I'm not used to having being I think my IUD lessened a lot of my symptoms and with it out, I'm just not used to this. Who knows though. I can't read in to anything anymore. I feel silly for thinking I ever had symptoms in the first place so I'm hesitant to think anything positive about what I feel haha. We'll see though.

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:04 am

Brittany, I love having Europeans on this forum. Most girls, I guess, on the TWW forums are from the US so its nice to have someone who is active around the same time.

For my spotting, I have been spotting every month since I was like 15-16 years old so its not a new problem. There are months when I barely spot for like 1 day and some rare months (like this one) where I spotted for good 4 days. I do temp regularly which helped me determine that I O around CD12 and my LP is about 13 days. This is the first month of TTC when I didn't temp. I don't want to stress myself too much. Getting up at 6 am to record bbt can give me restless sleep and then I tend to over-analyse ever single reading :( which naturally drives me crazy during TWW. Hope you will get your BFP this month :) FX for you as you rightly said its very common to get BFNs before BFPs. A BFN before 13DPO means nothing to me ;)
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 32, no known issues except early hypothyroidism
DH: 32, 4 SAs. Different results each time

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
IUI #2 Dec'17
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups