2017 Baby Buddies! (2)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies! (2)

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:16 am

And, I forgot to mention that my Scheisse obgyn also doesn't believe in temps. I did take my charts with me (assuming she might want to see them) before starting infertility work-up. She did not even look at them and gave a long speech. Summary would be: Temps are old school and can help indicate O has occurred but are very unreliable in pointing out an actual day. According to her, temps can rise anywhere between one day before O to upto a week after O :doh: Does anyone have an obgyn who encourages temping?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger. O confirmed with CD21 test
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies, 14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Hopefully in May- June 2018
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby nelsonfamjam » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:26 am

I think often times they don't recommend it because the type of thermometer, time, amount of sleep and movement in sleep can affect the temp. My temp is slow rising. It didn't actually go up until 5 dpo this month so I get it but, I don't think it's right to actually write it off. Especially if you have been doing it and have a pattern. I'd say that's pretty compelling! Can you switch doctors or are you stuck where you're at now? Your LP is a fine length and if your temp rises after O then you *probably* don't have a progesterone issue (from what I've read, spotting can indicate but usually your LP is affected by that as well). A lot of women spot before AF, I don't think it'd be a problem. Just annoying, surely.
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nelsonfamjam » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:44 am

Award for the most negative pregnancy test ever taken goes to: ME :lol:

Couldn't be more negative if it tried. For some reason I'm finding this laughable right now? I've kind of accepted that CB is a total asshole and I hate them as tests. Never, ever again will I waste money on those things.

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:44 am

Brittany, I love your spirits. I have never used a blue dye, but lots of girls who do complain about them. So, maybe its just better to stick with pink sticks. For obgyn, I actually used to like her a lot. But that was before TTC when I had no idea that she, being a 35-36 something old, has a different take on fertility. Sometimes she makes sense but other times she is annoying. I am stuck with her for now as I might want to try IUI within the next 6 months and I will need her referral for insurance. If I change the obgyn now, he / she might not refer me to RE so soon (given German health care and laws, it could happen).
Last edited by Hopefulrosey on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger. O confirmed with CD21 test
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies, 14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Hopefully in May- June 2018
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby nelsonfamjam » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:22 am

Rosey, Ah-hah, that makes sense. Yeah, then maybe it is best to stick it out and hope for the best. And then if you do need a referral one day, she can give it to you. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that though!

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby cloz75 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:41 am

Hey girls!
Answering quickly to Rosey!

I always spotted for 1 or 2 days before AF. That’s perfectly normal and is not the sign of something that could be wrong.  Our periods are just taking their time to arrive! The month I got my BFP I didn’t spot at all. That’s one of the reasons why I decided to test.

I also have hypothyroidism and before we discovered it, I spotted like 24/7. After I started taking Synthroid, spotting vanished. At that time, I was still using BC (Nuva Ring). When I took off my Nuva Ring for TTC, I began to have normal/natural cycles : for me, those cycles included 1-2 days of spotting before AF arrived.

BUT what I didn’t know was that mds usually aim for a TSH level of 2,5 when you TTC (rather than 3 or 5 – I’m not sure -- when you don’t). So theoretically my hypothyroidism was under control : my TSH level was like 3,1. About a month and a half ago, I asked my doctor to level up my dose juuuust a tiny bit (we added 0,025 mg). Then BAM! I got pregnant that same month! At that point I had been TTC for 11 months. My md thinks it might just be luck, but I think I had a minor luteal phase defect due to my sliiiight hypothyroidism and that the 0,025 mg rise of medication helped rule it out. I always suspected I had a luteal phase defect before that, because my temps used to be kind of rocky after O. But if your LP temps are great, I’d say everything is fine with your thyroid! But that’s just my opinion. :)

* note : I don’t know if TSH levels goals are the same everywhere. I think that 2,5 aim when TTC is a new recommendation for Canada. *

I’m really sorry if my English is worse than usual today haha. I feel like my brain is in deep fog!
Me (Claudia): 26. Hypothyroidism.
FI : 27.
NEWLY pregnant after TTC #1 for 11 months!
cloz75
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crps369 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 am

Brittany I have heard that it can. I have also heard it can go into a state of remission for some. Everyone is different...
Crps369
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ashley2016 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 am

First a disclaimer: I did this all one phone so forgive me for the typos I'm sure are abound, and also if I missed someone or mixed up some facts. I tried to catch up the best I could. If I missed something, know that I am sending you lots of love, support, and baby dust!!!

Caroleanne - welcome! It is always nice to have a veteran mom in the board! As I am ttc #1, I love to pick the brains of all the ladies who have been through this before. I know how you feel about being an emotional wreck! It's tough but I know it is so worth it! I love your positive outlook. Very sorry you had to go through MC, but glad you came out stronger than ever and had your beautiful baby boy. Baby dust to you and hopes for a peaceful ttc 2!

Dawn - I also suffer from chronic pain. I know that pain, combined with several miscarriages is a difficult experience to say the least. If you are anything like me, you may feel like your body is your worst enemy. I have found it helpful to do all I can to have some control over my body, and to remind myself of its many strengths and abilities. I use to see myself as frail and weak, now I tell myself I am strong and capable. It has helped me a lot. I eat well, exercise, and focus on what is working. Glad to have you in the group! I can tell you are a stong, positive woman! You've got this!

Tru - welcome! Congrats on starting the ttc journey. Glad you joined us as it is certainly a challenging experience at times. I am sorry for your setback, but January is not far away! Use this time to heal and take very good care of yourself. We are all here for you! Sending a hug!

Ann - welcome! Nice to have a fellow Montrealer here! We had two in the group earlier and they both are now pregnant! Here's to hoping its a lucky Quebec thing hehe.

Jennifer - glad to hear from you! I wouldn't worry too much about this weird period or go too deep into speculating if it was an early miscarriage. That's just me though. I try to let go of the things in life I can't control. I like what you said about trying again this month, being relaxed and having fun with it. You just started trying so there is no need to worry about anything.

Rosey - Welcome! I have always had spotting as well and my doc told me not to worry and that it does not mean anything in regards to the likelihood of getting pregnant. Especially considering how regular you are. Sorry to hear you are having a weird period atm, it is so frustrating when things are uncertain. I'm sure it will work itself out. I think the stress of ttc plays a huge role! I was late by a week for the first time in my life a couple months into ttc. It was a very anxiety provoking experience, thought I was definitely prego but kept getting BFN. Finally AF showed up and I was actually relieved just to have some closure. Keep us posted what happens next, but try not to read too much into it. Stress plus the supplements you started are bound to have an effect!

Becca - I am sorry you are going through a stressful time! It seems illegal to raise rent by that much!!?? Is it possible to fight him on it? Do you have relatives ou can stay with for a while so you don't have to rush to find a new place? I lived with my in laws for 6 months last year while we shopped for a house. I would have thought it would be horrible but it was actually a good experience over all. Sending you hugs and promises that it will all work out!!! As for your cervix, I sound like a broken record with this advice, but try not to read too much into it. Your cycle is bound to be irregular after removing the IUD. It could be that, or it could be you are pregnant, you are totally right! My friend got BfN for a long time before a BFP because her baby took way longer than normal to implant. Wish I had a day for you, but I forget. I do know she had been with me from out of town around the time the doctor said she was likely to conceive, so her and her husband joked that MY DH was the father!!! Lol. In reality they conceived a few days earlier than the doc calculated, and the numbers were off because of the very late implantation.

Brittany - put away those tests!!! Lol. Seriously, you are going to drive yourself crazy. There is nothing worse than a BFN you can't even count on benign accurate. You get no closure, no answers, no peace. Just distract yourself to the max and wait a couple days. I'm sending you a biiiiiigggg hug! Let's test together shall we!? Saturday???

AFM - I've had period type cramps today but I know the power of the mind so I'm not going to get my hopes up. Yesterday was very tough. In addition to my grandmother being in a comma from a massive stroke, we found out my brother is very sick as well. Hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel better today, and am going to take things one day at a time. All your thoughtful words meant a lot to me, so thank you!!!!
Pregnant after ttc 6 cycles :D
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:48 am

I'll come back when I get to my computer in a bit, but just wanted to leave my update. I took my temp this morning and it was 97.95. I only have one good temping chart in my history, and that's my bfp chart. 97.95 would fit with my upper temps about a week after O that cycle... so.... The confusion continues!

I saved some fmu in a cup. I don't want to waste tests, but I miiiight just go back and dip something in a bit. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I'm so curious now!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- ?
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cloz75 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 am

Oh and Rosey. You'll want to talk to your doctor about it, but when you get pregnant, you'll likely have to up your Synthroid intake of 30% : that corresponds to 2 more pills per week. For example I take 1 pill everyday except on Thursdays and Sundays, where I take 2 pills. :) I don't know the exact mechanism of it but I know it helps your little bean to stick!
I think it has something to do with producing more blood for the embryo -- it kind of ''dilutes'' your med. (?) (reference is much needed here haha).
Me (Claudia): 26. Hypothyroidism.
FI : 27.
NEWLY pregnant after TTC #1 for 11 months!
cloz75
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nelsonfamjam » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:21 am

Ashley, Ahhh girl I know, I know. I've put them away and I won't touch them. I won't be home on Saturday so I have to either test on Friday or Sunday! - I'm so so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope it's nothing too serious and can be treated/fixed?? I understand (kind of) what you're going through. My grandfather has alzheimer's and is currently on Hospice because he's having strokes. The outlook is something like 8 weeks, maximum. And my younger brother (24 years old) has heart disease and is currently 3rd tier on the heart transplant list, it's really difficult. If you ever need to talk, I'm here. :hb:

Becca, I'm gonna be a pee stick pusher here and tell you to go ahead a dip one :wink:

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ashley2016 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:39 am

Brittany - sorry about your grandfather and brother! It is always difficult to see loved ones suffer, especially when you are far from home. Thank you for your support and know that I'm here for you to talk any time as well!

Becca - that is so interesting! Go dip, I think you should! After a week of tests you don't trust, you deserve a clearer answer!

Claudia - glad to hear from you again! Hope everything with little bean is going well! Are you feeling nauseous yet? Hope not :)
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ashley2016 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

Oh and Brittany, ok I'll test with you Friday then if you like! I'd say Sunday but I can't wait that long either hehe
ashley2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nelsonfamjam » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:14 am

Ashley, DEAL! Wow, it does feel better to hold off when you have a partner haha. A PEE PARTNER. :rofl: I'm still really crampy. Idk what to think. And my boobs hurt really bad. It could go either way really. I'm gonna say it's all just PMS until proven otherwise.

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:17 am

Brittany, those darn blue dye tests are THE WORST. I'm glad you're feeling better about things now, though!

Rosey, how long are you spotting in your cycle, and when? If it's just a few days before AF, I think it's a completely normal pattern to be seeing and nothing to worry about. :)

Ashley, our landlord is also hubby's boss and he's one of those people who is your best friend one day, and then goes and does something totally stupid the next and expects you to go along with it. When we moved in, we were doing him a favor, as another renter had trashed the house and skipped out on rent for 8 months. We helped clean it up and even remodeled one of the rooms ourselves. He paid for materials, but we did all the work, and it was A LOT of work. The house is really nice now, and he recently bought a new house that is putting more of a strain on his finances, so he has decided the rent needs to go up. He was giving us a really good deal for this area, but the increase is over what he should be charging. Our only family near by is hubby's brother and they also have to move in the next two months because their landlord's wife has some health problems and they need to move back into the house because it has no stairs.

We have been frantically trying to find hubby another job closer to my family in Idaho for about a year with no luck. He's thinking of going back to school and changing careers, but we're not sure what to do in the mean time. We might need to take out more student loans so we can stay in the house and he can go to school at night. Then in a few years we might be able to get to Idaho where the cost of living is much, much cheaper.

PS, those AF type cramps could be a good sign. ;)

AFM, I dipped a wondfo and used my last dollar store test with fmu and got BFN's on both. I haven't looked at them after the time limit, but during the time limit, I could see a shadow or hint of something, but not even the clear-ish evaps I was getting last week. It's intriguing that I think I see something on the dollar store test, as I have always trusted them, but I honestly can't tell you if it's really something there or if my line eye is just getting that bad!

It kind of made me think that I'm REALLY grasping at straws here thinking I could be pregnant from this cycle. I am still doing great mentally/emotionally, I just want to know! If I'm not, I want to get a move on this next cycle. I hate things that are unclear!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- ?
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext