Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

Postby Janeite<3 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:35 am

Thanks for popping in, Court! I really appreciate it. Keep hanging in there and have as many breakdowns as you need. I'm sure all NICU moms do. You're dealing with PP hormones and terrible worry for your child. Be sure to take some time to try to heal yourself, too. I'm sure Ben is in good hands. I'm praying that all the remaining tests come back clear and that he keeps gaining weight.

I'm still waiting on my test results. The doctor called yesterday morning to discuss them, but I wasn't able to answer. I called back, but wasn't able to catch the doctor. The results are supposed to be online in my patient portal, but they're not yet. Grrr. I hate waiting.
Me: 37
DH: 36
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

-------------------------------------
December 2015-BFP, MC @ 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016-started acupuncture
December 2016-Clomid 50 mg, chemical
July 2017-1st RE visit, AMH undetectable
Waiting for CD1 to do follow up blood work and HSG
--------------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3

Postby Janeite<3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Finaly got my test results back. My FSH is elevated. It came back at a 15 (it should be under 10, with 10-14 being a grey area). My estrogen was already rather high, though, which can cause FSH readings to be lower. So there's a good chance that the FSH was even higher. The doctor wants to repeat the tests at the beginning of my next cycle. The AMH results still haven't come back. So it's looking like I might already be in periomenopause. Not really sure how to deal with that. I am grateful that they're repeating the tests, though, and not just rushing into anything. I guess part of me is still hopeful that the numbers are still out of whack from all my other endocrine problems (adrenals, thyroid, etc.) and that they'll improve as things in my system continue to balance out, but that's probably a fool's hope.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3

Postby Momma-of4 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Hey Becky :) even if you are in perimenopause you still have options hun. I'm really glad you have a Dr that doesn't dismiss your concearns and double checks for you. Very important! Where are you at on your cycle? I'm praying like crazy for you. Do you have another appt with the Dr or just tests for now? I'm popping in every free moment checking on you:!

I'm feeling better. Ben is up past his birth weight. 4.38 tonight! He gained 52 grams tonight. He gets weighed every night at ,830. He's also keeping his temp up as well! I sure hope we get to go home this week! I've been letting nurses take the night shift. Get I won't have that when I go home!! I'm waiting for 1130 to get here new for a feeding. I can barely keep my eyes open

Peaks I hope all is well
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:56 am

Hello again!

Thanks for not forgetting me!

Janeite: Sounds like you're being taken care of and (most importantly) taken seriously. I hope you feel good about the people who are working with you. It seems they're thorough, at least. That book sounds interesting. I feel like the effects of food are generally underrated in the "regular" medical world.

Momma: Here's hoping you can get home soon! I have limited experience, but I found the hospital to be the absolute worst place to rest and recover after delivery, what with the stress of differing medical opinions among the staff, the noise of other babies, constant visits of staff promising things that didn't happen half of the time, etc... Not even to mention "normal" worry and emotion. How are the other kids doing at home?

Things are alright here for now. I've decided to stop stressing about small daughter's sleep. She was able to fall asleep on her own a few times at night, which is already something. My parents and my dad's cousin are visiting now, so routine has been thrown out the window for a while anyway. It was hard at first to get them to live more quietly when she needed to nap, but they got the message once they saw the effects of overtiredness! I admit that it's helpful to have extra hands to help, and also great that DH is on vacation during this time. Salomé continues to develop her little personality and is smiling big smiles these days. That's very helpful for my morale, I must say!
Attachments
IMG-20171001-WA0000.jpg
(246.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:45 am

Oh how adorable!! Now that melts your heart I bet even in the wee morning hours!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 am

Hi gals-

Peaks- It's good to hear from you! What a beautiful smile little Salomé has! That will make your day anytime! I'm glad you seem to be finding a better sleep schedule. I that things continue to drop into place for you. How do you like being home all the time? Do you think you'll continue the part time work when the time comes?

Court- I'm so glad to hear that Ben is gaining weight! I pray it continues! Any word yet on a possible homecoming for you? Are your other kids allowed to visit you in the NICU?

AFM- My HSG was yesterday. The doctor said it was the quickest HSG ever. Everything was completely clear and there were no abnormalities in my uterus. I know I should be thankful, and I am, but part of me wishes I could point my finger at and blame something for my infertility that's not my age. *sigh* I know I can't change the past, but sometimes I question the decisions we made to wait. They were done for the best, though.

The doctor seems to think I've not been ovulating every month, even though I always get a temp rise. I'm not sure why that is. At any rate, she said that we'll just be basing things of my FSH level & antral follicle count, not my BBT. It sounds like, for now anyway, that we just need to take advantage of the cycles where eggs are developing. I don't know yet if there will be other treatments available down the road.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 am

Becky I have about 2 min so I will respond quickly and will do better job later. I just waved yo let you know I've read it I'm so glad yurt hsg wss all clear. Don't feel guilty about choosing to wait till later to try. You dud what felt best for you. No time for what ifs. I'll resound later with more. Ben knows when I need to do something and starts fussing no matter I try to do like eat or pump shower. Haha
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:58 am

Hello again,

Momma: Hope things are continuing to settle in well at home! Does it seem like old hat to you at this point, or is the experience of having a new baby totally different each time?

Janeite: What's the next step for you now? Are you waiting for any other results? It sounds like you'll continue to be monitored to see if you're ovulating, but is there anything particular to do during those cycles (other than the obvious...)? I think of you even more regularly these days because I'm reading a selection of Jane Austen's letters. I've only just started, but her lightness of tone in describing men and dances surprises me! I imagined that though her characters were preoccupied with such things, she herself would somehow be more serious.

On the home front we're at twelve weeks today, so four more weeks of leave left. Public daycares are apparently full for the next 9-36 months (!!!), and at present we have no childcare plan for when I go back to work. We've been on the city-wide waiting list since January, but facilities are full and we're apparently in the midst of a baby boom. Will be talking with MIL and willing acquaintances this week to see if we can work something out in the meantime. But sheesh! The system is crazy here! Otherwise things are okay. My family is gone and DH's two-week vacation is finished. I'm back on my own this week with baby. I'll admit that this 16-week leave is starting to feel a bit long, and I look forward to having some time just for me. Should start pumping milk soon in preparation for going back to work, and that should free me to have a bit more of a life, be able to leave her longer with MIL or DH, play badminton again, start quintet rehearsals again, etc. Can't wait, as delightful as Salomé is!
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite<3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:08 am

Hi gals!

Sorry for the silence again! Things have been so crazy. I've picked up arpund twenty new students in the past few weeks on four different school campuses. This is great, but the newness and unfamiliarity has really been taking it out of me. It's been good for me to break out of my comfort zone, though, and I've been feeling good about all the things on the work front.

Peaks- I've been wanting to read Austen's letters for a while now. I hope you're enjoying them. I think letters are such an interesting insight to a persons personality. Can you imagine what people would think of us in 200 years after reading our personal communications (i.e. This board, email or Twitter)?! Yikes! Future societies are going to think that we are not very smart people!

How are things going on the childcare front? Have to figured out some arrangements or have you inexplicably been accepted into the city program early? I have to say that I love hearing how you are excited to have some time to yourself again. I'm dying to be a mom, but I'm sometimes afraid of it consuming me, if that makes sense. I still want to me, just me as a mom. Hearing you say that you are ready for time alone makes it seem much more reasonable somehow. :)

Court- How are you and all your little one? How is Ben settling in at home? How are the other kiddos doing with their little brother? Is Belle still a handful? I hope you're doing okay and finding some time for yourself as well!

AFM- So far, we're taking no new steps with the RE other than a repeat scan on my next CD 3. I'm okay with taking things slow. The idea of IVF still kind of terrifies me. My acupuncturist is still convinced that my poor hormone numbers are still due to adrenal fatigue and a breakdown of my endocrin system rather than age. I've felt so much better recently, that I'm inclined to agree with her. So, even if the RE suggests more aggressive treatment, I may still try naturally for 6 months or so, just because I feel like my body is finally waking up. We'll see.

That all being said, I am, of course, hoping that I don't see CD1. I'm 13 DPO today and my temperature is still high. In recent cycles, my temperature has been dropping around 10 DPO, even if I still had a 13 day LP. I've also been extremely exhausted this week, so I'm praying that my energy is being used up elsewhere. I tested Tuesday afternoon (BFN) and again this morning with an $.88 Walmart cheapie. A vvvvf line showed up a few minutes after the time limit. I know it's likely an evap, but the line was the right thickness and in the right place. I also think my first BFP 2 years ago started that way, but I don't remember exactly how faint the line was. I may have to splurge on some better tests today.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart