Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Hello to you both,

I hope all is going well! I was away for a few days on a mini-vacation with DH and his family. It was nice, but not long enough! I had to come back sooner than I wanted for a meeting, but now I've got a free weekend to look forward to.

We had an appointment this morning, and things are thankfully still going well. I've gained about ten pounds now. The baby is in the 65th percentile as far as measurements are concerned, so just slightly larger than "average." We saw her moving her mouth and making sucking motions, which (I won't lie) was adorable. I started to make an album with the ultrasound images and other relevent photos, and then suddenly had the fleeting fear that I was tempting fate. What if something happens, what if things suddenly go wrong... what am I going to do with this book? But I then told myself that these past six months have still been an important and special time for us, and that I wouldn't want to forget how happy I've been. And so we go on, waiting, learning, hoping, preparing.

On a purely celebratory note, I had a sort of gender reveal party with friends last weekend. It was just dinner out, but with a surprise dessert. No blue or pink for me, just a chocolate cake with a decoration on top that I made saying "It's a girl!" Unfortunately, no one actually got to eat the cake because after it was taken back into the kitchen to be cut, the chef dropped it on the floor where it apparently smashed to smithereens. We did get a replacement dessert, which I'm sure was just as tasty. No games, but friends wrote well-wishes to the baby on unashamedly girly paper.

Cake with two friends in the background
34190218241_07dab5126c_o.jpg
34190218241_07dab5126c_o.jpg (62.95 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

Nursery progress
33937049410_8a1aeae304_m.jpg
33937049410_8a1aeae304_m.jpg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

34321224965_02d21c21ce_m.jpg
34321224965_02d21c21ce_m.jpg (10.41 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

There's nothing much on the walls yet, but I have a few ideas. But that's enough about me! How are you both doing? Is the weather nicely spring-like where you are?
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi there peaks! A smile always comes to me when I see posts from you and Becky. We don't chat as often as we use to so it's welcoming to hear from you both.

I love the cake. Shame it got smashed! I'm sure it would've tasted amazing. Yes stay positive your baby girl is going to come into this world soon and be perfect. She will love the book you are making for her :) nursery looks very nice as well. Thank you for sharing that with us. Happy that you got to get away for awhile and now have a free weekend. The weather is very spring like here. As in raining for 3 days straight!

Becky I hope you are doing well. We miss you. I need to get on my iPad so I can see your chart.

I will be 16 weeks next Thursday. I still am not gaining any weight. I'm worried my baby isn't getting enough nutrition. My hunger is pretty non existent for the most part. If I eat much I throw up. I still check heartbeat once a week and always find it now. It's actually loud now and easy to tell baby from me. We had a devastating thing happen in my other buddy group. A girl has been trying 5 years and went through two ivf. First one she miscarried and this one was going so well and at 21 weeks she lost her twins due to invompetent cervix. So heartbreaking. It worried me a little. I got to thinking could it happen to me? It's been fine in my other four but who knows. Anyway just a sad situation. Prayers for her please, Danaa is her name. I had talked myself into finding out gender but luke says no. He said I'd convinced him and that's what we are going to do!! Lol

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :) I have a dr appt next wed.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 am

Hi Momma,

Don't worry about the baby not getting enough nutrition... I didn't gain weight until two appointments ago, and the doctor reminded me that the baby takes what she needs. If anyone isn't getting enough nutrition, it's probably the mother! But that said, he also reminded me that it's really okay to not gain much weight in the first half (or more) or pregnancy as long as you're reasonably healthy. It will make it easier to lose what you do gain, and I imagine would also reduce chances for diabetes and other things.

I saw the news on the other thread. It's the only other one I keep up with besides ours, even though I don't post there. I was really shocked and saddened to read the news. Even though we're all so conscious of the fragility of it all, 21 weeks is a time when women normally feel pretty confident. It reminded me that anything can happen to anyone at anytime. I think that keeping a bit of faith is important. This doesn't mean (in my mind) being sure that everything will be okay, but rather having the audacity to go on in spite of our fears and doubts. Whatever path we take when we "go on" is another question.

I'm guessing that a healthy dose of fear is part and parcel of motherhood, including the hope of motherhood, but you can confirm that for me! With your first four, were you at all worried about SIDS, for example? I imagine that there's always a way to feel not yet out of the woods.
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 am

I worried about it yes, but with some of my babies more than others. I always had this fear that I would walk in my baby's room and would find them not breathing. I never let mine sleep on their tummy or dressed them to warm and followed all of the "rules" when it came to sleeping. If I fell asleep in bed with my baby luke would get so mad at me and put the baby in his/her approved sleeping space. Lol I had a friend who lost her baby to sids. It's so sad but they got through it and now have 2 healthy kids. I could understand how it would be easy to be mad at god when something like that happens. I've never had anything that tragic happen and I've heard the "why would god allow it?" We don't know that answer but we live in a fallen world and those things just happen. I hope and pray that if I ever have to endure such a tragic incident that I can maintain my faith in god. I do know that ultimately he will get me through it and I will remind myself that he is a loving god and mercy triumphs judgement. I wish I had something to say that would help her. I so hate this for her. I wish no one had to endure such grief and pain. There is always something to worry about whether you are ttc, pregnant or have a newborn and then it just continues on and on.

We have endured since Monday the dreaded stomach bug. Everyone in the house has had it! It's been rough. I was sick yesterday and feel much better today. Lastly luke got it in the night and he's still in bed. I have stomach virus more than any sickness! Cleaning vomit is something I never thought about until I had kids! My 3 older ones aren't near as hard since they can make it to the toilet or a bowl but my 2 year old is a way different story! So anyhow that's been my week. I have a dr appt on Wednesday. My next one after that is the big anatomy scan. I tried to talk luke into finding out gender and he said no that we have already made the decision to not. lol I will for sure try to peak! It's rained for 3 days straight and everything is flooded. I want it to stop!! We live in the country and the roads are under water. I don't even think I could get to town if I had too.

How are you doing?
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:51 pm

My first bump pic in my first new outfit
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite » Thu May 04, 2017 9:27 am

Hi girls!

It's good to hear from both of you! I miss chatting with you both, but I'm still struggling a bit with how to keep a balance between the support from you and this site, without becoming overwhelmed or terrified. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon!

Court- you look great, mamma! How did your appointment go yesterday? It must be so nice to hear your little one's heartbeat all the time! I also read along with your other buddy group and I was heartbroken when I saw the news. I''ve been praying for her and her family. I can't even imagine...Like you said, I hope I can keep my faith if I ever face something that tragic. Is everyone recovered at your house? I hope you are all feeling normal again soon!

Peaks- How is it that you only have 85 days to go? Are you going to celebrate Mother's Day/Mothering Sunday this year? (I don't know what the custom is in Swizerland). Your nursery looks like it is coming along beautifully! Sorry to hear about your cake, but at least you got to enjoy another dessert! I forget-did you decided de on a name yet for baby girl?

AFM- I'm plugging along. I Od early again this cycle, so I'm already 10 DPO. My chart is looking good, but I know not to get my hopes up too much over a chart! My BBs have seemed fatter the last few days and they've been sore on the sides, but I've been burned by BB symptoms before, so I don't trust them.

I'm continuing my treatments and I do think they're working, albeit slowly. Well, it seems slow anyway. We've really been focusing on the estrogen phase of my cycle--it's too short and the temps are too rocky. So I've been told to avoid all soy products since they inhibit the production of estrogen. My acupuncturist also thinks I may have some food allergies, which is why the adrenal system is taking so long to right itself. So I'm also on a grain and yeast free diet at the moment. I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself, lol! It does sound like I'll be able to introduce those things back into my diet eventually, as she has a way to treat me for them. She also mentioned that I might not pass the allergies on to baby that way as well. So, all in all, there's progress and I try to remind myself that I'm always one day closer to my baby.

In other news, my little Honda Civic is having a new engine put in. Amazingly enough, it was still under warranty! The engine was covered for 10 years and the production date on my car is May 2007, so we just made it! Thank God the engine didn't decide to wait one more month to over heat! What started out as a huge frustration and worry has turned into a huge blessing! Hopefully, my car will last another 5 years or so with the new engine! That will be a huge relief for us!
Me: 36
DH: 35
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014
----------------------------------
December 2015 BFP, MC at 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016 started acupuncture
December 2016 1st round of 50 mg clomid- chemical
-----------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:45 am

Hey Becky. So good to hear from you! I'm glad your cycles seem to be normalizing. I know one day you are going to pop in here with a bfp!! I do miss chatting with you as well :) however I do understand you needing a balance in not being on here all of the time. I can't wait to see how things go for you in the coming months. I'm so glad your engine was under warranty. I drive a Honda Odyssey which I love. It's our second and we've always had good luck with them. We got a newer one recently we went from a 07 to 10. So new to us but not brand new. I had an 02 before that. We went with a Nissan last one and it was terrible and decided to go back to Honda.

My appt was short and sweet. Which is fine. I'm 16 weeks and a day. I have my big ultrasound on June 2nd. I am still trying to talk dh into finding out if it's a boy or a girl. I don't want to know but I do. Lol

Peaks how are things going with you?
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite » Tue May 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi gals! I hope both of you had a lovely Mother's Day! What have you each been up to? How have you been feeling?

I'm doing pretty well. I'm getting close to O. So far, my cycle is looking much better this go around. My temps have been much more stable so far and it looks like I'm going to O on CD 11 or 12, which is really good for me! I also had a good amount of EWCM today, which is also unusual, so we've been getting busy. I'm feeling much more hopeful this cycle. Hopefully, I have good reason for the hope! I like feeling more hopeful, but then I also seem to be more let down if it doesn't work out. I'm trying not to let those thoughts stick around, though. Okay, I'm totally rambling now. Hope to hear from you two soon!
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:19 am

Becky I'm so glad you are having a more normal cycle! Also glad you are feeling more hopeful. We tend to be negative I think, to protect ourselves if it doesn't work out. Good to hear from you! I've been keeping an eye on your chart when I get on with something other than my phone.

All is well here. We just celebrated our 18th anniversary on the 15th. We went for a nice dinner and stayed at a nice hotel for the evening. It was fun to get away. Pregnancy is still going well. I will be 18 weeks this week. Time has really flown! That is been all but my first pregnancy it creeped by! I'm almost half way. I had a dream last night I went into labor at 19 weeks though. I was at the hospital and only got dialated to 5 but I was so mad at my MIL for letting all these people in the l and d room. lol I'm not sure where that came from. Haha
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite » Wed May 17, 2017 9:01 am

Wow, Court! Congrats on 18 years! Seeing people celebrate big anniversaries always makes me smile. That's great that you got to get away for a night, too. We're celebrating 10 years on the 27th. I'm not sure if we'll do much yet, since finances are so tight. My in-laws usually do gift us some money for our anniversary , though, so we may use that to at least go to a nice dinner.

Your dream sounds crazy! Dreams like that always disturb me. Not necessarily because I'm afraid they'll come true, but because they feel so real when the dream is happening.

Thanks for keeping an eye on my chart. If you take another look you'll see that all my pre-O temps are pretty close to each other instead of really erratic. That's what my acupuncturist wants to see. She's been treating me for hormones, and it looks like they are starting to come into balance. In more crazy O-ring-with -my-fingers testing, she determined that my body was rejecting the sperm as well. I've since been treated for this (almost like an allergy) and I've been treated for DH's sperm as well. Yup, I had to bring a sample! Having done all that really makes me feel like we finally have a good chance. I'm also comforted by the knowledge that a normal doctor would not have checked any of these things. I guess it just seems like everything is lining up. Soon there will be a rainbow!
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:05 am

Becky I love your positive feelings! Yes you will get your rainbow!! Thanks for the congrats too! Don't see very many lasting marriages anymore! I'm just so thankful to have found luke! Both of my parents have been married like 5 times each. I never wanted to be like them!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:21 am

Hey ladies! Well I have quite the update. I started bleeding after going to the bathroom Friday. I quickly found the heartbeat and called my dr who was out. They sent me to the ob er. I was bleeding heavier and bright red when I got there. They used Doppler and found heartbeat too then scheduled an ultrasound. Come to find out the baby is ok and a boy. I couldn't hold out. I have complete placenta previa where the placenta covers my cervix and that's what caused the bleeding. Being constipated and straining. I guess being over 35 and having multiple pregnancies increases the risk of this. I'm on bed rest until the bleeding stops completely. I'm just spotting brown now. I dispose laying around. The last 3 days have drug on. I go back to the dr Friday for another ultrasound. 90% of the time placenta moves. If it doesn't they will prob take baby early via c section. All prayers appreciated as this is pretty serious.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Hey girls-

It's me, Becky. The stupid site logged me out & I couldn't remember my password. When I tried to retrieve it, I was told that there was no record of my email. Grr. Of course, when I tried to redo my old log in, they did have a record of my email. At any rate, I'm back and I'll try not to forget my password.

Court- I want you to know that I've been praying for you, even though I wasn't able to post. What a scary situation! I'm so glad that everything is okay for now, and hopefully that placenta will behave and move back where it belongs! How are you feeling? Are you getting lots of help at home?

Peaks- I hope you are well! Please give us an update soon. You are getting so close!

AFM- I'm exhausted tonight. My temp has been dropping the past few days and I started my morning crying in the acupuncturist office because there was a pregnant lady who had come in to have labor induced. My emotions and pre-AF hormones just couldn't handle it. I also took the first steps to seeing an RE today. I'll try to pop on tomorrow with more specifics. I'm just not thinking straight tonight.
Me: 37
DH: 36
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

-------------------------------------
December 2015-BFP, MC @ 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016-started acupuncture
December 2016-Clomid 50 mg, chemical
July 2017-1st RE visit, AMH undetectable
2nd RE visit-High FSH, high estrogen, AMH undetectable
October 2017- another chemical
Praying for a rainbow
--------------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:52 pm

Hey Becky!! I get so excited when I see you have replied!! Haha aww I'm sorry about the pregnant lady in the acupuncturists office. I'm sure that was hard. That's great you are moving forward with an RE. Do you have an appointment yet? I believe in a combo of treatments. There's nothing wrong with trying the natural way and then adding in the scientific part as well. You get the best of both! I'm really excited about your future! I just know you are going to have your dreams come true. No matter how long it takes you don't give up sweetie! You are strong and can do this :) I'm mostly on my phone on here and can't see your temps but what dpo are you? Did you get bd in during o? Are your cycles regulating anymore?

I'm doing better. The bleeding has completely stopped now. I spotted up until last night. I'm still really nervous about my anatomy scan on Friday. I hope and pray my baby is healthy and growing as he should. I hope to hear that my placenta has atleast moved some. I've been able to do more today since bleeding quit. I'm still on complete pelvic rest though. Everyone is taking good care of me. I feel bad for bel bc she wants me to hold her and I can't. She just doesn't understand. Everyone is being good and patient with me but I feel bad not being able to do much.

Peaks how are you? How many weeks are you now? I hope everything is coming together nicely for you.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Hey ladies! I'm in the hospital! I had a massive bleed lastnight and luke had to rush me to the hospital. It has since slowed and almost stopped. Baby is fine and growing well and I'm still waiting on the drs to find out what's going on. I'm pretty tired from lastnight. We got here around 130am. I looked like I lost a ton of blood but it didn't affect my blood work so all good there. I'll keep ya updated and please pray for me to carry this baby long enough to get a healthy little guy!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend