Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

Postby Janeite<3 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:11 am

I'm definitely praying for you Court! Thank God that baby is okay! Did it look like your placenta had moved at all? Do they think that's what's causing the bleeding? I hope you get some answers soon. Not knowing is always the worst! Please keep us updated as you can. Sending massive hugs your way!
Me: 37
DH: 36
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

-------------------------------------
December 2015-BFP, MC @ 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016-started acupuncture
December 2016-Clomid 50 mg, chemical
July 2017-1st RE visit, AMH undetectable
2nd RE visit-High FSH, high estrogen, AMH undetectable
October 2017- another chemical
Praying for a rainbow
--------------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Janeite<3 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Any updates, Court? I've been praying for you and your little one.

Peaks, I hope you are well! Drop in and say hi if you get a chance!

AFM- I'm beat! We just successfully completed all kinds of yard and house work. Feels good to have it done. DH and I were off last week and had a sort of staycation. Now we go back to work tomorrow (boo), but at least I only teach two days a week in the summer!

TTC-wise it's CD 4 over here. AF should be on her way out and we'll get to BDing in a day or two. Last cycle I O'd on CD 12, which is really good for me, so I'm hoping that pattern continues. I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday to have a pap done (oh joy) and to get a referral to see an RE. I've spoken with the RE's office and it sounds like my insurance will cover diagnostic testing, even though they don't cover any treatments. So that's a bit of relief. Maybe we'll actually get some answers. I'm feeling better about it now than I was a few days ago. I'll probably still be terrified when the actual appointment comes around, but at least we have a plan B going forward.

I need to add my chart to my signature, but I don't remember how to do the code for it. Do you remember how you did it, Court?
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Hey Becky! I'm home from the hospital again. I can't remember my last update so I'm sorry if I repeat myself. The darn placenta is still in the way and I threw up a couple times Thursday evening and the second time I thought I peed my pants but when I pulled them down I had blood everywhere. I honestly swear that's the most scared I've ever been! I grabbed a towel and stuck it between my legs and looked again and blood was pouring out of me and small clots. I'm sorry if tmi but the amount seemed unreal. I yelled for luke and he was sound to sleep he came running in there and I told him I have to go to er NOW. He started freaking out as well. Our minds don't quite work right when that stuff goes on so we were stumbling around trying to find me some pants and underwear and him clothes to put on my purse and our phones! So you can just imagine what those 5 minutes were like. This wasn't like the first time where I spotted a little then 30 min later it was all over the toilet paper. When people say they have bled bad with this they aren't kidding! I was not prepared at all to see that. I will be prepared next time and will atleast know what to expect. Sorry if all that was a bit on the vivid side. So we finally get on the way to the hospital. Luke drove 90mph all the way. He was praying I was praying the whole way there. This wasn't the wuiet kind of prayer either. We were begging god to let our baby and me be ok. I started chattering my teeth and getting really cold. I thought maybe I was going into shock or something. I really think now it was just my nerves. We passed a cop and he didn't even pull us over. I think he saw our hazard lights on and knew we wee on way to hospital. Plus I believe God was with us and answering our prayer!! The er was slow as molasses! It took them forever to get my info and taken to the L & d er. They first listened for heartbeat with Doppler and they found it. Ok a little relief but I was also having contractions so that was just as scary. They were moving so slow and just didn't get in a hurry about anything. I was extremely frustrated! Finally the on call dr go in there and did an exam and said it appeared my cervix was closed. They did blood work and checked my vitals. Admitted me to the hospital and said they'd do an ultrasound the next morning. It was just going to be a waiting game. They give me something to help me sleep and calm down got an if going and all that. I did sleep thank god and the ultrasound was early so we didn't have to wait along time to see what was going on. Anyway I had two ultrasounds fri morning and finally got to talk to my dr that evening. Placenta had a small spot of bleeding and appears to be a partial instead of a complete previa which is better news. The baby looked great! Measured spot on for my due date. Was moving around like crazy letting us see his face and hands and feet and his little legs crossed. It became so much more real when I saw him in 4d ultrasound. My bleeding had slowed down a lot and I was doing better. I had to be there for 24 hours after the bleeding became spotting. Finally I got to talk to a high risk ob. At 23.5 weeks they are giving me steroid shots to mature lungs incase I have to deliver early. There's still a good chance the placenta will move out of the way. I have to be extremely careful. Nobstraining lifting or anything really. No longer than 10-15 min on my feet at a time. I get rescanned in a month to check in things unless I have more bleeding then I have to go back to the hospital. Praying I make it long enough for the baby to have a good chance at survival if I have a bleed that can't be stoped and would need an emergency c section. So yes it's scary but I'm believing my baby is going to be just fine and so will I! It's going to be a long few weeks!! I'm sorry that was so long but it was an ordeal in a half!!

Becky I'm so glad you are oing at 12! That is great for you! Also you don't know how happy it makes me you are getting an appt with the RE! That's great and they atleast pay for your testing!! I'm hoping your answer is easy and cheaply fixable!! Enjoy only working a couple days a week and your staycation sounds great!! Go to your profile and click on one of the links account profile or something like that and choose the share option and pick the one for forums or something like that. I don't remember step by step but I finally figured it out by trial and error. Lol so good luck and keep me updated on how you are doing!

Peaks I so hope you are just busy and that's why we haven't heard from you!! I get if you are but I have a hard time not worry of when we don't hear from one of you :) so I hope my posts are a bit milder in the coming weeks!! Love to you both!!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:57 am

Ladies!

I'm sorry it's been so long. I don't have a good excuse, and I'm sorry I've missed so much of what's been happening in your lives and in your journeys lately (which is a LOT!). At the beginning, I think I wanted to give Janeite a little space when things were going rough and there was a spell when no one was posting much. I checked for a while, but after not seeing much activity (and not having much to report either), I lost the habit of logging in! Again, sorry for neglecting the thread. I'm still here though, and I wouldn't completely call it quits without saying something first.

Janeite: It sounds like your acupuncturist is taking really good care of you! How are you feeling about taking the first steps with RE? Have you gotten an appointment set up? How is DH dealing with things these days?

Momma: I can't imagine how scary the massive bleed was. I'm so thankful that all looks well with the baby, and I hope that things settle down enough that you can function more or less normally for the rest of the term. Are your kids doing okay with it, or were they pretty scared, too? It's astonishing to me how different every pregnancy can be (I'm assuming this hasn't happened with your previous pregnancies).

Not a lot of real news on my part - just continuing to tick off the to-do list. I've mostly got my ducks in order for maternity leave (16 weeks paid!!), so that's a good thing. Church life is naturally slowing down as summer approaches, so I feel like I'm gradually easing into my time off. The baby is doing really well, and I'm starting to feel really huge. About 7.5 weeks left, and it's getting real. We have a pediatrician, we toured the maternity ward this weekend, and we've started birth preparation classes. It's fun to watch DH engage more and more. Before, he would sort of chuckle at me when I would try to use my arms to support me when getting out of bed or a chair, sometimes calling me "grandma"! But after hearing the instructor talk about the importance of supporting yourself, though, he's now like "Yes, make sure you're not using your abdominal muscles!" He's enjoying taking on the role of coach, which I think agrees with his sporty side (marathon runner).

That's my update for now... I continue to think of you both, and I hope to pop on more regularly!
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:44 am

Good to hear from you peaks!! It's ok you haven't been on much but I was just getting worried about you!! I'm glad all is going well and you are heading into your last weeks! Yes every pregnancy is different! I've never had this before. I'm in a much better frame of mind though which is helpful. Thank god my baby is healthy!! That's a huge relief!! It's funny how you can tell your dh something and they dismiss it then they hear it from someone else and they suddenly get it!! My belly has really popped out in the last week and I'm getting the "waddle" walk a bit! Thankfully I'm still pretty comfortable! I hope that the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful!! Over there do you start going to the dr weekly at 32 weeks?
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi ladies!

Peaks- It's good to hear from you! I confess that I was a little worried about you, too, and had to remind myself that I took quite a bit of time off from the site as well. :) You are getting to be so close! I'm quite jealous of your 16 weeks paid leave. I love hearing how your DH is really warming up (for lack of a better term) to everything that's about to happen! It must be so endearing to see that.

To answer your questions: my DH is doing well. We both struggle with everything at times, but are mostly in a good place. Right now, he's finishing up a cleanse to try and jump start some weight loss. He's going to join me in eating grain-free and we're hoping it'll help him to slim down a bit more. I haven't seen the RE yet. I saw my GP on Wednesday to get the referral for my insurance. I'm going to check on it tomorrow. As far as my feelings on seeing an RE.....that's still hard to say. I think I'm glad that I have a bit of a plan in place. Sometimes I'm terrified of what we might find and other times I'm afraid we won't find anything & we'll just be back at square one. I'm trying to just remain content and wait and see.

Court- You story gave me the chills! How terrifying for you. I'm so glad that things are going well. When is your next appointment? Are you still on bed rest? How are you passing the time?

AFM- I'm 1-2 DPO. It looks like I O'd on CD 9 or 10. Not as good as last cycle, but not to bad, either. So far I'm feeling okay about this TWW. Not necessarily optimistic, but at least calm. It probably won't last. The last few cycles my temp has started dropping early (around 10 DPO), so that will be my indicator this cycle as well.

Did I tell you girls that I'm learning to sew? I'm doing some historical costuming with my Jane Austen group and I've been trying to get better on my own. I just finished a circle skirt yesterday and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 pm

As always Becky good to hear from you! I know it's hard to be optimistic in the tww wait for you when you o early but you are right it's not bad. Is your dh disciplined enough to eat grain free? Mine would never make it! What kinds of things do you eat mostly? What did your go have to say? I know going to the re has to be scary! I know you want to get pregnant but at the same time don't want bad news either or no reason at all so they don't know what to fix. I'm hoping that whatever they find is simple and gives you hope!! You know you CAN get pregnant! Have you had your progesterone checked? I know you took it for awhile with the clomid right? I hope they are quick about getting you in. I'm hoping more so that you don't even have to end up going bc you are pregnant!!

Well I'm doing good still thank god! I do have a nasty chest cold and am coughing. It's picked up more tonight. I try to cough very easy so I don't cause a bleed. I just hope it doesn't get worse! Now is not the time for me to be sick!! My belly like popped out overnight! Baby has finally moved to above my belly button. My tummy feels rock hard. I was a bit chubby in my last pregnancies so I never got the full "pregnant" look. I can tell the baby changed positions tonight. Since my placenta is in front I don't feel many kicks it's just like squirming around. It's hard to describe. It feels way different than my others. I'm so hoping my placenta is out of the way! I got to go to church sat night and they prayed for me. I totally believe God heals today as well as in biblical times and I have faith that all is going to be fine! I feel good and am in a much better state of mind!

Peaks how was your weekend?

Latest bump pic. Excuse dirty mirror. The light is usually off in the hallway and I don't notice it!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 am

Hello again!

Janeite: Your Jane Austen group sounds really cool! What kinds of activities do you do, and how often do you meet? Was this the same group that sponsored the zombie thing a while back? The circle skirt sounds awesome. Do post a photo of it if you're willing/able. I have been enjoying using the sewing machine that I got a few months ago. It was DH's grandmother's, but it's still a little hi-tech for me... I just do basic stitching. All I've made so far are a few bibs, a travel changing mat, and most recently a liner for a Moses basket that we also got from DH's family. Maybe I'll move on to clothes someday, but I haven't sewed really since I was a kid, so I always have to relearn how to do certain things.

Momma: Love the bump pics - things are really coming along! Perhaps I'll post something soon if I get my courage up. I'm still mostly comfortable, except for getting out of bed in the middle of the night or in the morning. There I move like an elephant! But finally at 34 weeks along, someone gave up a place for me on the subway! Not one single person has budged until yesterday - amazing... To answer your question, I will start seeing the gynecologist about every two weeks, which is reassuring. Will also meet with a midwife at the hospital to discuss a birth plan. I'm all for help with pain management in just about any form, though I know that DH would try to go all natural if he were a woman. What did you do with your previous deliveries? Epidural or no?

All continues to go well here. Still really enjoying the birth preparation classes. I had no idea there were so many positions for labor and delivery, and I also didn't realize the extent to which a partner can participate in the process. After last night's session, I came away feeling like it was really a team effort, and that his role in helping me is as important as my role in helping the baby make her grand entrance. Other prep is slowing winding down... found a (male!) midwife to do home visits after the return home (basic insurance covers I think seven visits), are pre-registered at the hospital, bag is mostly packed except for snacks for the stay after (4 days is standard here). I just have a couple of loose ends to tie up for work, but then hopefully the month of July will be pretty calm. I have a writing project that needs to get done by November. As I don't realistically think anything will get done after the birth, I'm hoping to spend the last month working on that.
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite<3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi ladies! Hope you are both enjoying a lovely weekend! I've been working around the house some, but trying to take it easy as well.

Court- Your bump looks very cute! It does seem quite round--isn't that what they expect with a boy? How's your cold? Hopefully all your forced rest has healed you rather quickly. My DH is doing really well with the changes in our diet. He really wants to loose weight and sees this as a good opportunity. It seems to be working in that regard. I'm down a couple of pounds (I didn't need it, but I've been keeping track out of curiosity. DH swears that I'm curvier and when I measured my waist for a sewing project this week it was an inch slimmer than when I did my last project a few weeks ago! :shock: There's lots of things for us to eat. We eat lots of protein and vegetables. I always thought that we were big veggie eaters, but it's even more so now because we use more vegetables to fill up our plates in place of grains. Really, it's just a different way of looking at things and I've been scouring paleo blogs (which is closest to the way we're eating) for recipie ideas.

Peaks- I'm glad you are enjoying all the classes, etc! It sounds like you have all your ducks in a row, or close to it anyway! Good luck with your writing project! Is it something that will be published? I might post a pic of my skirt. I'm really self conscious, too, and have the irrational fear that if I post a pic of myself someone might recognize me. Maybe if I get the courage I'll put one up until you two have seen it and then take it down. My Jane Austen group has four big events each year. They tend to be somewhat academic in nature, which is one of the things that appeals to me. There are always noted Austen or historical scholars. Some examples of talks that I've been to are: Gentlemanly Pursuits in Jane Austen, The Scarlet Pimpernel and the start of the Royal Secret Service, Fictitious Ills in Jane Austen and talks based specifically on one of the books. Then there are several smaller groups: book clubs and my sewing circle. One of the meetings each year is an afternoon tea and periodically they host a ball. :D The Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Halloween even was actually put on by a traditional dance society in my area that hosts English Country dancing once a month. DH and I try to go when we are able-it's a lot of fun!

AFM- 9 DPO and my temp plummeted this morning. :cry: It was more than half a degree down from yesterday. The last few cycles it's dropped around 9 or 10 DPO, but AF didn't show until 13 or 14 DPO. Today, I started spotting. This really worries me as it makes my LP only 8 days this cycle. I've no idea why that would change. I heard on Thursday afternoon that my referral to the RE was approved by my insurance. Now I'm just waiting to hear from the RE's office to get my appointment scheduled. I expect that will be set in the next couple of days.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to link my chart anymore. If you want to stalk it, let me know, and I'll attach a screen shot. Or you can check out a post under my old screen name.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:15 am

I'll be back with a proper reply but I'm in a hurry at the moment but just wanted to say post your chart Becky if you have time.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:53 am

Ok so I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back for proper replies!

Becky I was dying to look at your chart this morning. You go into ff and in the settings there is a share option and you pick one of them and copy the link then go into your profile for tww and add it to your signiture. You can preview it before you submit to make sure it's the correct link. So your last post you were 9 dpo and spotting so I assume af came since we didn't hear back with a bfp. I'm sorry :(. I am glad to hear your re was approved by your insurance company. I hope they get you in asap. Are you still doing the acupuncture as well? I can't remember what tests have you had? Did your dh ever get the SA? Anyway I hope you are closer to an answer and pregnancy!! I hope you've been able to stay in a decent frame of mind as well! I know how nuts this has made us, well me anyway! Your diet really does sound good to me as I enjoy veggies and grains. My dh on the other hand would have a very hard time with it. He loves sweets and fried foods and meat! I hope you are enjoying your summer!!

Peaks it sounds like things are coming along quite nicely for you! You are getting so close!! I'm glad you've been enjoying the birthing classes. Yes I had an epidural with all of my births. I tried not to with my last and I made it to 9cm dialated but I thought I was going to die! I started asking for one at 7 but they were er surgery and couldn't get to me. Don't mean to scare you though! I had no problem with the epidural whatsoever. They numbed me where I couldn't feel anything! They had to tell me when to push even. I didn't like how long I was numb afterwards though. That was the only drawback. I'm sensitive to the meds and mine always lasted longer than normal. It doesn't really hurt when getting one either. It's just uncomfortable and feels like pressure and pulling in your back. My last one they had a hard time finding the spinal canal so the stuck me like 6 times but finally got it! So anyway if you are in pain get one if that's what you want to do. I will get one again this go round! Wow you don't hear of many male midwives anymore! I'm glad you found one if that's what you are looking for. My dr is female and I like her. I've just always had a female and that's what I'm use to. Please post a pic of your baby bump! You don't have to do it with your face in it. I understand if you don't feel comfortable though. I hope everything continues to go well and your sweet lo comes in to the world easily and healthy and labor isn't bad for you.

Afm I was doing great no bleeding or nothing. I had convinced myself placenta had moved and then two nights ago I started spotting again. It's been very light but there and is still there. I had been doing more than I should've too so I'm back to really taking it easy! I did get my steroid shots and I get another round on Monday and I have my ultrasound on Friday to check on placenta. I'm hoping for good news! I'm still having this stupid cough. It seems like it's never going to go. I had to end up getting antibiotics and an inhaler for it. So that's about it for me right now. Hope to hear from you both soon!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 am

Will be brief because the weather is quite warm and the heat coming from my computer is making me sweat even more!

All is well here, just battling the heat. I imagine you guys might have higher temps where you are, but I imagine you probably also have air conditioning! AC isn't really standard here, so I invested in a a Dyson fan (which I told myself was compensation for not having to buy too much baby stuff...). It's still a little difficult to sleep at night, though. It's too loud if I open the windows at night (being in the city center and all), but it's unbearably stuffy with the windows closed, even when the fan is on and aimed directly at me. Fortunately, I think this coming week will be a little cooler.

Work has been encouraging lately. The Sunday school (the one we just started in January) led the whole service this morning. It was very cool to see twelve kids ages 2-10 and several adults who had all worked together to plan everything - music, a skit, dancing, etc. I found it really rewarding to see, especially since before we dared to begin, our statistics listed an average of one child present on Sunday morning.

This posting is rather self-centered, but I'll be back again with personals. Now to get some cold water to drink!
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:47 am

I got great news today. My placenta is completely or of the way! I'm cleared for vaginal delivery! That is if he doesn't stay breech. He is right now and kicking me in the vag! My cervical length was a tad short but she said that may just be my body since I've had several kids. I get it rechecked in a month.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Hooray!! What wonderful news!!!!

I'll be back soon with a proper update. :)
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Thanks Becky! I'm super thrilled! I had believed god had healed me and now I know he did! I believe god speaks to his children and I had one of those moments about 3 weeks ago where I felt like he was telling me me and my baby were going to be just fine and trust me I'm very cautious about when I say I think god told me something BC I'm not flaky and I would never want to say something like that I didn't wholeheartedly believe!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend