Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:52 am

Happy (almost-end-of-the) weekend!

The weather did cool down a bit, and I've been able to take naps again... Have been almost hibernating lately, as I find the cooler air so comfortable! Will probably get quite warm again this week, so I'm trying to rest as much as possible now. I preached my final sermon this morning, so am already sort of on leave even though I don't technically start it until I go into labor. All is well here, just feeling more and more like I'm carrying a bowling ball rather than a baby! Even my maternity clothes are starting to feel a little tight now. Might break down this week and grab one or two more things at H&M. I don't want to spend these last few weeks in more discomfort than necessary!

Momma: I'm so glad that the placenta came to its senses and moved out of the way! You've still got plenty of time for baby to turn, so I'll be sending head-down vibes your way... Have you finally gotten rid of your cough?

Janeite: Your diet sounds awesome. Do you have any good new recipes? I've been pretty lazy with cooking lately (usually I love it!), and am not always good with doing cool stuff with vegetables. I like vegetables, but I have a habit of buying them with no plan in mind, so they end up languishing in the fridge until DH finally throws them away. Really must work on that...
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:32 pm

peaks I hear ya these final few weeks of pregnancy seem to last an eternity! you get uncomfortable and just downright ready to meet your little baby! rest rest and get more rest if you can! enjoy your time off work as well. you feel you can't get any bigger and you just keep growing! well the baby anyway! have you enjoyed being pregnant? do you think you will want to do it again? I'll ask again in 6 months BC things change. ha ha good to heat from you abd yes my cough had almost dwindled!

Becky I hour you are doing good? any word on re appt yet?
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 am

Hi gals-

Sorry for the silence again. You know how when you talk to a family member or friend only occasionally and they ask you "what's new?" and you realize that absolutely nothing is new; you're just seem to be doing the same thing day in and day out? That's how I've been feeling about TTC. There's just nothing new to report and I'm getting tired of saying the same old things. I do need to be better about chatting with you ladies, though, because I miss you! I've really enjoyed our friendship!

Court- Again, how wonderful that your placenta has moved! That must be such a huge relief. You still have lots of time for your boy to move head down. I think you've come through the most trying part of this pregnancy--hopefully the rest will be smooth sailing! Are you still on complete bed rest, or have some of the restrictions been lifted? What have you been doing to keep busy? Thanks for the tip on the chart: I finally figured it out! It's now in my signature again. AF ended up starting the same day I posted last, and she was a doozy. Everything hurt. Boy was I glad when it was over!

Peaks- I'm glad the weather has cooled off a bit for you! Have you considered buying some ear plugs, so you can sleep with the windows open when it gets hot again? Just a thought. I can't believe how close you are! Are you feeling excited? nervous? an kind of nervous excitement? It sounds like your current job is perfect for raising a family.

I love to cook, too! Although, with this new diet, if I want to eat anything I have to make it. That's been a little trying at times. It seems as though I'm always in the kitchen. I always plan out what meals I'm going to make for a week or two (I don't plan what day we're going to have a certain meal) and then make sure the ingredients for those meals are in the house. We'll typically eat the things that have more perishable ingredients first, and then move on to things that keep longer. It leaves room for flexibility and mostly avoids the soggy vegetable situation. As far as new recipes go, I'm always reading cookbooks and food blogs. For interesting vegetable recipies check out Ottam Ottolenghi. He's a British chef with mid-eastern roots. He cooks very vegetable centric and DH and I have lost fed almost everything we've tried of his.

AFM- I'm on CD 18 and I finally got my temp rise! I'm so relieved. I was worried that I was in for another interminably long cycle. At my acupuncture appointment last week, both ovaries were really active. She's been administering treatment that's kind of like a natural clomid--it's supposed to grow bigger, stronger eggs and possibly more of them. Hopefully, that gives us a really good shot this month. At this point, I would totally welcome twins, even though I'm sure it will be terrifying at the same time. It would be nice to have two babies at one time with my age and situation. I don't think I would feel as much pressure when/if we started trying again. I see the RE on July 28th. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to that appointment or not. I guess in a way I am. It's time we had some answers (although I'm afraid there won't be an answer).

Anyway, that's enough ramblings from me. I hope you two have a great day! *Hugs*
Me: 37
DH: 36
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

-------------------------------------
December 2015-BFP, MC @ 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016-started acupuncture
December 2016-Clomid 50 mg, chemical
July 2017-1st RE visit, AMH undetectable
2nd RE visit-High FSH, high estrogen, AMH undetectable
October 2017- another chemical
Praying for a rainbow
--------------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:35 am

Janeite: Yes, I do know the feeling of not having anything new to say. That certainly contributes to my silences at times, too. I'll look forward to hearing about your appt with the RE. Hopefully it will be a positive experience, regardless of what is or isn't able to be ascertained.

Momma: How have you been doing lately? Interesting question, would I want to be pregnant again. It's been such a difficult journey, and what feels like an incredibly long one if I think back to my first MCs in late 2010 (starting to try in 2009, I think). The emotional toll has been so high, and I can't say that I'm a fan of who I become when I'm TTC. Even though they pregnancy itself has been pretty incredible, at the moment I don't feel a particular need to revisit that other headspace. I don't trust that my mental state will be better a second time around, even after one (hopefully) successful birth. I think it's because of this that I'm trying to enjoy every moment. With me nearing 35 and DH soon 41, I'm thinking that the sensible choice for us at this moment is to use our energy and resources for our little family as it is. I never imagined having "only" one child until recently, and I don't know many only children, but I've been really warming to the idea lately. But yes, ask again later!

Things are pretty good here, except for the occasional intolerably hot day. We finished our last birth preparation class, met the midwife who will do home visits, had a consultation with a hospital midwife to discuss a birth plan, and saw the gynecologist for the last time (he'll be on vacation soon until after my due date). I think these last appointments made me feel a little weird, like I should know everything now. It's really strange to think that the ONLY thing left is labor and delivery! I think my progesterone level has started to drop in preparation for the birth, because for the last two days I couldn't stop crying, and I was super irritated (even angry) with DH for no real reason. Pretty PMS-like, only worse, which hasn't at all been the case during pregnancy. But today is better, and a storm has freshened the air outside. I'm slowing down with my insane search for things to do (had piano tuned, had dentist appointment, got hair trimmed, replenished contact lens supply, scheduled for a neighbor/friend to do a thorough clean of the apartment soon, updated paper and digital photo albums, etc.). In general, am just trying to chill and slowly chip away at a writing project when I have the concentration for it. I do feel ridiculously heavy (she's already 7 lbs, a good 10 ounces more than I was when I was born!), but am still happy for her to keep baking until she's ready. I'm sure I'll change my mind if the 28th comes and goes with no sign of a grand entrance...
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite<3 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Oh my goodness, Peaks! It's hard to believe that you are so close. Time seems to have flown by, from my perspective at least. I suppose you may think quite differently! ;) I wouldn't worry about whether you know everything or not--in fact, I would wager that nobody knows everything when they enter motherhood for the first time. No matter how prepared you are, there is going to be a huge learning curve. I say sit back and enjoy it! I can't wait to hear about the birth and to "meet" your little baby girl!

Court- how's it going with you?

AFM- I'm hanging in there. I'm really pissed at my temperatures this cycle. They just don't seem to be right or healthy. It's especially disheartening, because things had seemed to be going so much better, now I wonder if I O'd at all. I'm trying really hard to keep up hope and put on a brave face.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 am

Janeite: I'm sorry about your temps. No need to put on a brave face if it's more exhausting than letting it all hang out. But do keep breathing, and know that you've got experienced professionals working with you to help figure things out. You've waited a long time to take this step, and I think it's perfectly okay to allow yourself to wallow when you need to as long as you can manage to resurface afterward.

And now because I have nothing better to do, I've PM'd you both my online album. Have also managed to scrape up the courage to post two bump pics below... I'm a tad larger at the moment, but still they give an idea, I think...

IMAG1799_1.jpg
IMAG1799_1.jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 619 times

IMAG1805.jpg
IMAG1805.jpg (38.17 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite<3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Okay, someone stop me before I symptom spot again.

Anyone?.......Buler?..........No?

Okay. Fine. Starting Monday (6 DPO) I've been extremely worn out this week. Monday and Tuesday I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and I took a nap both of those days. My BBT wasn't as high as I would have liked, but during the day my temp was over 99 degrees both days. I also felt the urge to test on Tuesday afternoon. I never test early, certainly not on 7 DPO. I caved however and it was a BFN not surprisingly. I was stilll feeling pretty positive until Wednesday morning when my temp dropped. I had an acupuncture appointment that same day and my acupuncturist said that my pulse was very strong and indicated that there was activity happening in my uterus. I had a hard time feeling excited about that with my low temp, however, she convinced me not to give up hope and this morning my temp shot up! I've also been rather irritable with DH and I think my BBs have decided to spread out, but they're really not sore.

Glad I got all that off my chest! I'm going to be terrified of taking my temp in the morning!

Peaks- Your bump is adorable and I loved looking at your pictures! Thanks for sending them! Maybe I'll take a page out of your book and make my own album.

Court- How are you? I think I saw that Luke had surgery for his back? How is he?
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:57 am

Ahh... Janeite... Am so thinking of you. I never know how to be a good virtual friend in moments like these. I want to be supportive without contributing to false hope and disappointment, but at the same time I want to be encouraging as possible! So just know that I'm totally with you in the insanity!

I'm realizing that small daughter has been relatively calm and sedentary (not unlike me), especially compared to the other babies-to-be in our birth prep class. I guess I knew that because the other women often complained about how much their babies were moving and turning all over and generally keeping them up at night, and that was never the case with me. She's had her head buried way down for several months (so prepared!), so no famous dropping of the baby for me unless she were to fall right out. ANYway, point is that when I woke up this morning she felt completely different, like really lopsided. There was a big empty-feeling spot near the pelvis, which is usually full to bursting. I started to worry that she had suddenly and uncharacteristically flipped, but after getting out of bed and showering, she seemed to have settled back into her normal spot. So no real drama in the end, but that's my story of the day...

Hope you're both doing as well as possible, and I continue to think of Luke as he recovers from surgery!
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:23 am

hey sorry for my absence! I wasn't too reply to both of you but will be quick! first off thank you peaks for sharing your pics with us! you look amazing! the link in the private message didn't work but I could see the one in the post. you are all belly! I know the feeling you are describing. my baby did a flip the other day to head down because I could tell the kicks were not at my vagina anymore but at the top but he's flipped again and it's kicking me down there. it's so uncomfortable! I hope he settles head down someone soon! mine as well doesn't keep me awake at night and it's u usually pretty quiet till about 9am. I'm going that's an indicator he's going to sleep well at night and sleep in late once he gets here! maybe I just sleep through the kicking! you are so close!!

Becky, you've got me excited! I totally get what peaks is saying about false hope but remaining positive and hopeful! I so hope you have a good temp this morning and your symptoms sound great!! I miss being able to look at your chart! I'm going to go crazy till I hear back from you!! many prayers for you this is it!!

yes Luke had back surgery on Monday so that's why I haven't had time to get on here like usual. we were in the hospital until wed. he is in quite a bit of pain but that's normal add this is a tough surgery. he's on ALOT of medicine and it's keeping him from resting well and keeps him pretty loopy! moving and getting up abd down is really hard for him but praying each day gets better. I'm a nurse right now and an enjoying taking care of him. he's a great man and I couldn't be happier serving him. I had major complications after my stomach surgery and he took great care of me with no complaining so I'm glad to do the same for him! I'll check in when I can! can't wait ti hear back from you Becky!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks, ladies! I'm just over here trying to take calming breaths!

Peaks- I totally get it! For a long time, I never even liked to admit symptoms or hopes to myself. Then I decided to live in the moment, because, in all honesty, I never felt less upset for trying to ignore my symptoms, or more because I had hope. I love that baby girl is already taking after her momma! You'll get to meet your mini me any day now!

Court- I'm so glad to hear that Luke is recovering well! It sounds like you are taking good care of him. Remember to take it easy, though, momma, and not over excert youself. Be sure to ask for help if you need it.

Well, my temp is still up this morning. :shock: I did test this morning with an 88c Walmart cheapie. I felt like something was catching my eye, but I've been known to imagine lines in n the past. I pulled it out a bit ago (yes, I know these give horrible evaps) and there is a shadow, but I can't tell if it has any color, it's so faint. I had another acupuncture treatment today and she said my pulse is still really strong. She wants to see me again on Monday to keep supporting whatever it is that's happening. She was like you two--really optimistic, but not wanting to give false hope. Basically, it seems as though everything is working the way it should be, so that's something. It's going to be a long couple of days. I'm supposed to take it easy this weekend and not tax my body in anyway. I've attached my chart for your viewing pleasure, Court.

image.jpeg
(201.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:45 pm

so good to hear that your temp I'd still up! I thought you'd show us the picture of the test!! Lol I hope and pray tomorrow or the next day is a darker line so you don't have to wonder! are you still feeling what you were? do you frank before af? I did some but when I got pregnant I had noticeable cramps after implantation. I only had them 3 out of 5 pregnancies. praying like crazy for you!

our garden us starting to produce. we got a late start this year. anyway I'm shredding and freezing zucchini today. after I'm done I believe I'll make some bread! I'm so thankful not top be stuck in bed for the rest of the summer!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:31 am

CD 1 for me.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

Praying for a rainbow

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:23 pm

:( I'm so sorry Becky! hugs
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:39 am

Drat, Janeite!

Just a brief update here... Water broke a little before 2am. Called the hospital and they told us to come in. They're keeping me under watch for 24 hours, and if contractions don't become regular, I think they'll try to induce. They came and went for a while, but are now non-existent. I'm in a little room by myself for the moment, and DH went home to rest (and to let me rest) for a while before things get interesting. More later...
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:50 am

oh how exciting! it's real now! praying your delivery goes smoothly and can't wait to see a pic of your beautiful little one! I'm sure that was exciting at 2 am! my water never broke on its own.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend