Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

Postby Janeite<3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 am

Good luck Peaks! I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying things go smoothly and stalking for an update!
Me: 37
DH: 36
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

-------------------------------------
December 2015-BFP, MC @ 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016-started acupuncture
December 2016-Clomid 50 mg, chemical
July 2017-1st RE visit, AMH undetectable
2nd RE visit-High FSH, high estrogen, AMH undetectable
October 2017- another chemical
--------------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:39 am

Hello to both! Here at long last is my update. I went to the hospital around 2am Monday morning, spent 24 hours under observation and went to be induced around 2am the next morning. The contractions became really strong really fast, and in practically no time they were less than two minutes apart. I wasn't given an epidural for a long time because everyone but me thought it was way too early. Finally they gave it to me, then checked my cervix a second time to find that I was already 10 cm and crowning! So I only had pain relief for the pushing, which was still appreciated even though I couldn't really tell if my efforts were doing any good. Because things went relatively fast (maybe 8 hours of labor instead of 17-20), baby didn't have enough time to turn her head properly, and she was looking up to the stars instead of down. In the end, they had to use forceps. They did an episiotomy and I still had fairly serious tearing.

BUT... the happy news is that Salomé Marjorie was born at 1:05 on Tuesday afternoon. She is (for the moment) a calm baby, rarely crying unless her discreet requests for food go unanswered for a significant period of time. I did not enjoy my hospital stay very much and was so glad to finally come home Saturday and start our family life together. We're patiently figuring out our routine, adapting day by day and trying to keep our sense of humor in face of the unexpected!

DH will be at home all week, which is wonderful, and which has enabled me to escape to a cafe for an hour or two to catch up on messages like this one! I hope your both doing well, and I'll have to attach photos when I'm back home on my computer.. Internet isn't working properly today at Starbucks...
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:13 am

peaks so good to hear from you!! I've been patiently awaiting an update!! I know right after having a baby it's kind of nuts. wow you had a quick first time labor!! I love her name!! so beautiful and original!! I'm sorry you had to endure most of labor without pain relief but you got it done and was finally able to relax towards the end. I'm sorry you tore even with the episiotomy. I was reading an article the other day about whether it's better to tear or be cut. I never got a concrete answer!

how much did she with and how long? I'm glad your Dh is home with you and is letting you get out for a couple hours. I hope you heal quickly and you can get into a routine soon. you will get the hang of it soon

Becky I hope you are doing well!

I'm still here approaching week 28. getting bigger by the minute! feeling good though. Luke is 2 weeks from surgery today and its slowly recovering. he has moments where he's not too bad and others where he's just miserable! back surgery is tough but I'm hoping it was worth it in the end. I have to drive him back to Dr tomorrow. I have an ob appt on Thursday for another scan to check my cervix. I wish they'd check weight of baby and see if he's growing as he should. I can tell he's getting bigger so that's good. he's getting more active abd stronger. that's the one thing I miss after the pregnancy is over. I feel like I'm savoring this because my last pregnancy is almost over! I really need to grasp that and accept it because we just can't have anymore. I wish I was a few years younger and I'd consider another but I'm not and we have to be realistic!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Momma: I can't imagine a recovery from back surgery... it sounds really painful. I hope things continue to heal well for him! Also hoping you enjoy every moment that you can, even amid all the other stuff you have going on right now.

Janeite: Hoping all is well with you at the moment. Is your summer workload lighter, or are there lots of extra gigs and such during this time?

Will try to attach my photos now before getting some sleep (hopefully)...

IMG-20170719-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20170719-WA0002.jpg (13.28 KiB) Viewed 697 times

IMG_20170723_104702.jpg
IMG_20170723_104702.jpg (84.55 KiB) Viewed 697 times

IMG_20170719_165248 (1).jpg
IMG_20170719_165248 (1).jpg (53.64 KiB) Viewed 697 times
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 am

peaks she is adorable!!! who does she look like? so precious!!

I've been canning in the midst of everything. I love it and it gives me something else to do!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:58 am

Hi ladies!

Peaks- your baby girl is beautiful! Congratulations, mamma! I'm so glad that you were able to take the time to give us an update. I'd been thinking about you all week. How does it feel to know that your journey (with all its ups and downs) is finally over? I'm glad to hear that your little one is a good baby for you and I hope you are all settling in nicely!

Court- not much longer for you either. It seems so strange to hear you talk about being finished with pregnancies, when I'm just beginning and we are the same age. I guess you just never know what life will throw at you. I'm glad to hear that Luke continues to do well. Recovery after a major surgery is no easy task! What are you canning? Our garden is really sorry this year. We just didn't have the extra money to put into it. All we have are a few tomatoes (which never seem to do well around here) and some red hot cherry peppers. I may be able to pickle a few jars of the cherry peppers later this week.

AFM- I'm hanging in there. I had a real tough time when AF came last weekend and I was really down much of last week. I'm doing better now. Emotions are a b**ch, though! Now I'm just waiting to O to start the whole process over again. I have my RE appointment on Thursday. I'm still not sure how I feel about it: what if they find something? what if they don't? I guess that best case scenario is that there is something minor wrong that has an easy solution. Sometimes I wonder how much longer I can go on like this, but I also hate to think about having to make other, much harder decisions. After I see the RE I have an acupuncture appointment. My acupuncturist thinks I'm going to O on Saturday (she's usually right) and wants to be able to calm me down after the RE visit so my stress level doesn't affect O.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3

Postby Janeite<3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:12 am

I don't know if either of you saw my last post, but I had my RE appointment yesterday. Not sure what to make of it. Turns out my ovaries are really small (like 1.5 cm when they should be 2-3 cm). They didn't really see any resting folicles on my right ovary. There was one mature 20mm follicle on my left, but only one resting folicle (there should be 5-6 at my age). The drew blood to test my AMH and thyroid and I'm supposed to get blood drawn for for CD 3 blood work and an HSG next cycle. I have a suspicion that the diagnosis is going to be diminished ovarian reserve. :cry:

We're trying not to dwell on it this weekend since I'm about to ovulate, but that's proving to be tough at times. I have a feeling I'm going to need lots of support going forward.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:21 pm

hey Becky! I'm so glad you had your appointment. thank you for letting us know how it went. I dont know much about that but I hope it's something that can be easily treated with some meds or something. I get being afraid of not finding anything wrong and finding something wrong. dont dwell on worst case scenario!! if anything you will get a treatment plan that is feasible for you! that's my pressure for you guys! I know it is hard not to but we are here for you! you vent or whatever you need to do! keep us updated please! I'm sorry i didn't get a response to you sooner. I'm still taking care of my fifth kid! Lol hugs sweetie!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:09 am

Janeite: I did see your last post (popped on just to see how the appt went!) but wasn't able to respond immediately. I can imagine that you have really mixed feelings about the results (or potential results, rather). What did your acupuncturist say? Keep us updated with the bloodwork and HSG. I was thinking about you over the weekend and admiring your patience and endurance through the past few years. I know it's been really hard, but a lesser spirit would have caved long ago. You have all my admiration!

Momma: Just a silly question... what have you been canning? I love homemade canned goods but rarely do it myself.

Things are going okay here. One or two rough nights when we couldn't figure out if she was crying because she had digestive issues or because she was hungry (we were crying ourselves!), but otherwise am trying to take things in stride and follow her rhythm. Going out with her is still a little scary, but it will get easier, I imagine. One day at a time, one nap at a time...
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite<3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:16 am

I finally got the results from my blood work back. My AMH was undetectable. I'm not even sure how to process this right now. I'm supposed to call on CD1 to schedule more blood work and a follow up sonogram. And meanwhile, I'm stuck in another cycle no man's land. That's all I can manage for right now-I can't see the screen through the tears.
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite<3

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Becky I'm not sure what that means but by the sound of your post it doesn't sound good. I will look it up so you don't have to explain it. I'm just so sorry. I hope there is something that can help it. I know you feared getting bad news but maybe there's still some hope. I know this is very hard on you hun! I'm sure that doesn't even begin to describe how you are feeling right now. praying for you ans when you can manage please tell us more if you can. prayers! hugs and love!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Becky I just did a quick search and everything I read gives me hope for you! there are many women who have had undetectable AMH that go on to get pregnant and some naturally some with a little help and some with ivf so don't give up hun!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:21 am

Oh Janeite, I'm so sorry about your disappointing news. I will keep the hope for you that there will still be a way (preferably a simple and not-too-costly way) to help you become a parent. You are so much in my thoughts and prayers!
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 am

hey peaks! I've been canning mostly cucumbers and have been making watermelon and grape jelly. not together but both kinds. grape watermelon actually sounds disgusting! ha ha

how are you guys doing? getting somewhat of a routine down? routines are tough in the beginning!

hey Becky thinking of you hun!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite<3 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 am

Hi girls. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm doing better now. It certainly didn't help that I received even the lab results the day before my birthday last weekend. Not exactly what you want to hear the day before you become yet another year older.

I'm trying to look at the diagnosis as a clue as to what is still off balance in my body, rather than a failing of my body due to age. Most days, I'm pretty good at it, but sometimes it's just easier to be angry and upset and play the victim than it is to be a fighter. I'm trying to fight, though. I read that low AMH can be tied to a vitamin D deficiency, so I've started supplementing that, just in case. I figure that it can't hurt. I'm also trying to focus on the fact that I have been pregnant three times in the last two years. Obviously, I'm ovulating, whatever the doctors think about my reserve. AMH can't possibly drop that drastically that fast, so I would imagine that it was low already for all three of my losses. I also responded well to the clomid, so I know that there are eggs there. I just need to figure out where the problem lies and how to fix it.

My acupuncturist thinks that I probably didn't have any maturing folicles a few months ago. My body was just so depleted of its natural energy. So she thinks that seeing a folicle at all is a really good sign. I just need to give my body time to reenergize and direct it's attentions toward reproducing rather than simply surviving. She's also a believer that the hormones and AMH can come back, and I'm inclined to agree--there are way too many success stories out there of women conceiving naturally was the little to no AMH. The only frustrating thing is that the signals my body is giving are kind of confusing. :doh: Go figure. Just once, I would like something about this process to be easy.

It does look like I'm about to O (finally!). I don't know why it's taken so long, when I had a mature follicle over a week ago, but it is something I plan to ask about when I have my next appointment.

Hugs to you both!
One adorable puppy

TTC #1 since August 2014