Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Peace, Patience and Positive Vibes

Postby Janeite » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:05 am

Peaks- I'm so happy that baby is measuring well and that you got to hear a strong heartbeat! That must be such a wonderful experience! It definitely sounds like you can begin to breath easier and let go of some of your worry. Hope you had a good time at the movie last night. Are you going to be crazy busy this weekend with a lot of services? I'm playing for two. The second one is a midnight mass. That should make my flight home Christmas morning rather interesting!

Court- Looks like you and I were posting at the same time. Thanks for checking in! Did you get that positive OPK yet? I hope you're getting close to O and that your body is growing a good solid egg for you!

Staying- thanks for popping in! You must be crazy excited for the holidays this year!

AFM- Thank you all again, for the kind words and support. I feel uplifted each time I go back and reread through this board. I'm still waiting to hear back from the doctor with beta numbers. I didn't test this morning, because I just couldn't face another BFN. I may test again tomorrow. It'll depend on what the beta comes back as. My temp stayed fairly steady today and I'm still spotting. The last two days it was lighter in the morning and evening, but heavier in the afternoon. I sure would like to see it stop. I haven't needed more than a panty liner, and most of the time there is little on it. I really want to hear back from the dr., but at the same time, I'm terrified that it'll be bad news or just give me more vague information. I know my doctor seemed to think I'm pregnant, but I'm having a hard time believing it without some kind of concrete confirmation. I'll let you all know once I hear anything.

We have a movie date this afternoon to see White Christmas on the big screen. I'm really excited for it! It's one of my favorite Christmas movies and I don't think we watched it last year. It should help to take my mind off things.
Me: 36
DH: 35
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014
----------------------------------
December 2015 BFP, MC at 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016 started acupuncture
December 2016 1st round of 50 mg clomid- chemical
-----------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:28 am

Did they check your progesterone? You could double up on your progesterone and it may help the spotting stop.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:36 am

Janeite: Yes, I'm breathing a bit easier now. We saw little arm and leg buds, which I had never seen before, so that was reassuring. I won't go back until January 20, so I have decided that all has to be well between now and then! Not too many services, just Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. I'm telling a Christmas story on the 24th, so that makes prep a little more simple. Looking forward to your results, and hope the spotting tapers off soon.

Momma: Thanks for the good wishes. Yes, this is as far along as I've ever been. I'm a little surprised I'm not feeling sick at all, but I guess I'll be thankful for that, especially around the holidays. Hope the extended family won't notice my not drinking wine at Christmas... How long has this cycle been for you so far?
Me: 34, DH: 41
2010: 2 MCs
2015: Begin TTC in August
2016: MC in March (Trisomy 13)
BFP November 2016, EDD end of July 2017
Salomé Marjorie born July 18, 2017
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:11 am

I've heard back and betas were negative. They were less than two. The doc wants to do another draw in 10 days. The nurse said that we could just be really early and my bleeding episode is implantation, but I wonder if that other test was just a false positive. How could I get a positive hpt in the morning and a negative blood test that afternoon? I feel so stupid for even hoping. I should have known they would be negative; that's all I ever get. I've done nothing but sob since I got the results.

I don't know how much I'll be on the next few days, but I want to thank you all again for your love and support. It really does mean a lot to me.
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 am

Im very sorry Becky. I still think you were or are pregnant. I mean why else would your temp be above coverline for this long even though its hovering right above it. You did get a positive hpt. Dont feel stupid for hoping bc you had a reason to hope. FRERS can pick up very low amounts of hcg and youve taken enough tests and know the difference between an evap and a line. You had a line. You are 20 dpo and you clearly ovulated so you probably had late implantation. I wouldnt stop your progesterone yet. The other lady I was telling you about had late implantation as well. I hate this for you especially 1 year ago from your last MC and right before Christmas. We are here for you sweetie and lots of hugs and prayers for you. Understand if you need time away but we are here when you decide to come back.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:31 am

Oh Janeite, my heart goes out to you. I'm sure that something was starting to happen. Early pregnancy, though, is such a delicate time. It's hard to know so much so early but to be pretty much powerless to help the process along. I hope that there is someone in your life that you trust enough to speak to over the holidays (preferably in-person, though we're obviously still here for you no matter what!). Do what you need to do in order to care for yourself, and don't feel bad about saying no to some activities or gatherings. Hugs!!
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Oh Janeite, I am so sorry to hear this. :-( Please do not feel stupid for thinking that this may have been it. We have all been there. This TTC stuff is so hard for some of us and I just wish that no one ever had to go through all of this pain and heartache month after month. Take the time that you need to process all of this and we will all be here for you when you feel ready to come back. Sending tons of virtual hugs your way. Please don't be too hard on yourself and be sure to take care of yourself during this upcoming holiday break. Hugs to you and your DH.
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:35 am

Hey Becky I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I know you are staying away for a bit just wanted to know Im thinking of you and praying for you. I see you still havent started AF but noticed either you quit the progesterone or just didnt' enter it. You temps are still hovering above coverline. Have you tested anymore?

Peaks Im so glad you got to see your little one with more form this time. So happy for you! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

Staying I hope you are doing good as well! Hows the 2nd tri treating you? Are you feeling movement yet? Thatś my absolutely fav part of being pg is feeling the baby move aside from actually having the baby.

AFM still no o or positive opk. Im cycle day 22. Ive had several fertile signs off and on but they go away. I guess Im not responding well to the clomid. Im pretty frustrated! I dont know what the deal is. We have gotten bd in when I thought I might be fertile and my opks close just in case but I think poor dh is getting worn out! I just wish I could be monitored bc this is stressful. I called about a scan and its just not affordable for us. I got a call from my mom this morning and they rushed my gma to the hospital. She lives in the nursing home and has had a couple strokes and has congestive heart failure. So please say a prayer for her. Her name is Eva. Shes 85. Shes been a great gma to me and I love her dearly.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:58 am

Hello everyone!

Court- I'm sorry to hear about your g-ma. That's scary anytime, and even more so right before the holidays. I'm praying for the best outcome. I love the name Eva. It's definitely a name on my short list, if I ever have a girl. I'm sorry your OPKs have been so frustrating! Maybe you just need a larger dose of clomid. It does look like you are really close to O, though. I am still taking the p, I just didn't enter it into my chart yet.

Peaks- Arm and leg buds! So exciting! I'll be looking forward to your scan on the 20th, too. Good luck with your services today and tomorrow. I always get so excited for Christmas services!

Staying- How is it that you ar in the second tri already?!?! That's crazy! I hope you start to feel some movement soon!

AFM- I'm feeling a lot better. I had a good hard cry on Wednesday, and have been doing pretty well since then. I'm still in TTC neverland. I really have no idea what's happening. The signs just don't add up. My lining was still smooth and in tact on Monday, my temps are hovering above the cover line (although, I wonder how much of that is due to the extra progesterone now), no AF but spotting, and I still can't seem to pull a line on a hpt. I tested yesterday with a FRER and a Walmart cheapie. The FRER gave the faint grey evap line that so many wonen are getting and a shadow showed up on the cheapie well after the time limit. I'm counting both of those as evaps. The spotting was pretty bad on Monday and Tuesday, but never enough to need more than a panty liner. It's tapered off since then. Wednesday it was nearly gone and I had one episode of a little heavier bleeding yesterday, but today it's super light again. Part of me is worried about an ectopic. The nurse did say that implantation could happen anytime between 3and 6 weeks of pregnancy. This seems a bit extreme to me, though. Maybe she was just trying to make me feel better. I'll probably test again in the morning before we leave for our trip.

Tomorrow is going to be really crazy, so I don't know if I'll be able to pop in. I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!! I hope your celebrations are happy and filled with love. I feel very blessed to have found friends like each of you! *big Christmas hugs*
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Becky its good to hear from you. Im so sorry you still dont have a a clear answer yet. I hate to even mention this but do you think it could have been a chemical again? I never knew implantation could happen between 3 and 6 weeks!! Are you having any cramping? I so hope that between now and your next blood test your hcg rises like crazy. I think if it were ectopic then youd have alot cramping, but then again I dont really know much about that. Where are you guys going for your trip? I hope inspite of all you have going on you can have an enjoyable trip and a Merry Christmas. Enjoy your family and time away. Will miss talking with you.

I have an almost so close positive opk this afternoon. I believe its finally going to happen. My cervix has moved up and cm has increased and Im still cramping alot so just maybe Im about to o!! For once they arent fading!! This has been a really stressful month for me. Im considering taking the clomid next month days 3-7 instead of 5-9 in hopes it makes me sooner. I feel pretty hopeless that this cycle is going to work since its so late in the month. I dont think the meds helped me do anything different except alot of extra cramping. Now if I o and have a bigger temp spike then I might think differently.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:53 am

Becky Ive noticed your chart hasnt been updated in a few days. I hope you are doing ok.

Peaks and staying I hope you guys had a nice Christmas and your babies are doing well.

Im finally getting ready to o. My temp dropped really low this morning so Im expecting o today. Its been a long month for me and Im trying to calm down and be patient. Its sooo hard to do though. My opks were blazing positive yesterday. I haven´t checked yet today but normally I have short surges and sometimes dont o for up to 3 days after a positive. My cramping has subsided alot so Im hoping Im getting ready to spit out a very mature egg or two!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Peaks+Valleys » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:47 am

Hello friends,

Just a brief check-in to say hello.

Momma, your eggs must be super-sophisticated by now! Congrats on the positive OPK. I hope you'll be able to relax a bit after this and to not worry so much for a while.

Janeite, thinking of you constantly during the holidays. I hope you'll find a way to rest a little. Your emotions must be exhausted...

Staying, hope all is still going well! Any updates on your part?

Things are okay here. I think DH has been lamenting my lack of motivation to cook, but I'm working on it for his sake. I've been more attracted to things like applesauce, cereal and hot water with lemon and ginger, but last night pushed to make Indian-style potato croquettes and rice. Again, no real aversions, I just seem to prefer simple foods that are easy to digest. DH worries I don't eat enough vegetables, but I do what I can! Otherwise, all is well, and it's easy to forget that there is (hopefully still) a human taking up residence in my innards.

Christmas services were good... On Christmas Eve, I traditionally read a Christmas story instead of preaching. On Christmas morning, I used a wooden nativity scene to illustrate the texts and invited the children to imagine who they might be in the story. My favorite response was from a small boy who shyly said, "Umm... a sheep..." His younger brother similarly timidly confessed after the service was finished that he would be the donkey.

We then spent one night in the "family village" where my MIL grew up. There was a big family meal, and for the rest of the time we just relaxed and visited all the individual families for coffee. Unfortunately, MIL had a stomach bug, so she and FIL and missed the whole weekend. SIL also got something which prevented her from coming to the big meal, but otherwise she was well and present. This week is pretty calm. The city is a little deserted, so I may check out the sales at stores before the rest of the world gets back from vacation!
Peaks+Valleys
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:48 am

Hi peaks :) glad to hear Christmas went well :) that's sweet about the boy wanting to be a donkey. Made me lol. I'm so sorry your mil and fail missed Christmas with you guys. The stomach bug got all my kids but thankfully it was before Christmas. Luke and I were spared! Thank god! At this point eat what you can handle. Hopefully dh will adjust. lol it's hard to get motivated to cook when you don't feel like cooking. I'm just so happy that it looks like things are going well for you this time around.

Becky I hope you are doing ok and I'm patiently awaiting a chart update.

Staying I'm sure you've been busy and pray you are doing well.

I'm still not sure I've do yet. My temp did go back up but not above me pre o temps yet. I'm not sure we can get another bd in today. Let's just say it's been a long month! I had so much ewcm last night it was crazy. I never get it so maybe that's a good sign I released a good egg. My opks have went negative and I'll still just have to wait and see tomorrow's temp. I'm going to be very frustrated if my body geared and didn't o. We got some $ for Christmas so I bought me a new phone and mini iPad. Problem is I haven't been able to get my phone to activate so I am without a phone at the moment. The kids had a nice Christmas. Every present that was opened bel would say holy cow!! She loved opening presents this year and had a great time.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi ladies-

Peaks- it sounds like you had a lovely Christmas, in spite of the unwelcome stomach bug. I hope your family is feeling better! I'm glad that you still seem to be feeling well. Perhaps your body knows what you need, and that is the simple food. I'm sure DH will get used to it--it is for a good cause, after all. :) Your story about the children made me laugh. To be honest, I think my DH would probably choose to be the donkey as well!

Court- Your Christmas sounds amazing as well! Bel sounds like a card and a half! It must've been so fun with all the little ones. I'm glad that your temp went up the day. Don't worry about how high it is yet--I bet (and hope) that it jumps up for you tomorrow! I definitely think you've O'd. If you can't BD today, maybe you can shoot for tomorrow, in case that well seasoned egg is a bit slow.

Staying-your ticker says you're half way there! Have you started planing a nursery yet?

AFM- We've had a nice Christmas and trip so far. My two gigs on Christmas Eve went well, and I managed to survive Christmas Day in spite of only 2 1/2 hours of sleep! All the family gathered for Christmas dinner at my aunt's house. There were about 40 of us all together. It was a really nice time. The last few days were spent relaxing and hanging out with my parents and siblings. We all live in different states and cities, so we don't all get together too often.

As far as TTC goes, I'm still in the middle of my FWW (four week wait). Actually, it's probably even longer. I was still spotting Christmas morning, but it has since stopped completely. My sleep schedule has been really off, so I haven't taken my temp in a few days. We're on our way to the in-laws now, though, so it'll be easier to start temping again. At this point, I really doubt that I'm pregnant. I think it's probably just the extra progesterone that's keeping AF away. I will probably try and test again later this week, but I'm not expecting anything.
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Hey Becky good to hear from you. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas in spite of all going on. When do you go back for your next blood draw? I know you think it's just the af keeping af away but I tend to hold out hope for you. I've still got everything crossed for you. When do you come back home?

Honestly I don't think I've do yet I had more cramping today both sides. At this point I'm just ready to move on. If this cycle ends in a bfp I will be beyond surprised. We did get one more "session" in this evening but that will be it! I think we wil win the award for most bd sessions in a month for us. lol I've seen 4 girls have a miscarriage in the last month and to be honest that really scares me. If I do get pregnant I'm going to be a nervous wreck!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend