Joining a buddy group

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Joining a buddy group

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Hello! I'm Amber! I used TWW four years ago when I was ttc my first child. I met some amazing ladies last go around so I knew when it was time to ttc I would be back. I had hoped to be back sooner. But. Here I am now! I'm almost 27. From texas. I left my husband over a year ago. And my boyfriend and I are trying to conceive. We each have a son with another person. Mine is 3 and his is 2. We have been ttc for four months. I'm hoping this is the month though. Today is cd 16. I'm in my fertile window. We have dtd at least three times... Maybe four. I would love to join a buddy group or start a new one! Thanks for reading!
AmberLoo1022
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Joining a buddy group

Postby charlicorcoran » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 am

Hi Amber!! Im Charli. Only just joined the forum today when I stumbled across it. Would be lovely to chat with you :) we are at similar points in our cycle, today is CD 16 for me too!! I'm 27 and from Scotland. I have a 16 month old son as well and have been TTC for 3 months. Hopefully this is the month for us both!! :D

I don't know how these buddies groups work really, but if your starting one, count me in!!

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:53 pm

I'll start one! Not sure what to name it... And ill try to think of something clever!
AmberLoo1022
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby mermaid.hair » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 am

I'm only on CD 10 but I'd love to be part a of a group. It's nice to have support :)
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby charlicorcoran » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:47 pm

AmberLoo1022 wrote:I'll start one! Not sure what to name it... And ill try to think of something clever!

I'd love to join a group if your starting one AmberLoo!!

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Brigerino » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Ladies! Did you create the group (or is this the group?) if so I'd love to join too, I'm concerned I'm driving the two people that know I'm TTC crazy with my obsessing about twinges & symptoms. I'm a first time poster (gulp) and have been TTC for 2 months for #2, have a 3.5 year old little girl. I *think* I'm currently about 10 DPO & feeling all sorts of twinges & weird feelings so I'm super hopeful but then terrified that it's just because I want it so much that my mind is creating it!! AF is due in 2 days so I'm on edge..
Brigerino

Postby charlicorcoran » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:10 am

Brigerino wrote:Hi Ladies! Did you create the group (or is this the group?) if so I'd love to join too, I'm concerned I'm driving the two people that know I'm TTC crazy with my obsessing about twinges & symptoms. I'm a first time poster (gulp) and have been TTC for 2 months for #2, have a 3.5 year old little girl. I *think* I'm currently about 10 DPO & feeling all sorts of twinges & weird feelings so I'm super hopeful but then terrified that it's just because I want it so much that my mind is creating it!! AF is due in 2 days so I'm on edge..

Hi!
I don't think that we have yet, however we could always just use this thread to chat! Welcome!! We are about the same on our cycles, my AF is due in the next day or two! And I'm also trying for #2 :D

I'm getting a lot of twinges and cramps, driving myself crazy going between 'that feels like my AF is just around the corner' and 'that feels different, maybe I am pregnant!!' Its so crazy how we can do this to ourselves!!

Since I'm not sure exactly when AF is due, I've decided if it hasn't arrived by Saturday, I will test on Saturday morning! When do you plan to test?

Amber, how are you doing today?

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Brigerino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:53 am

I've been testing way too much! I think I'm going to try on Friday just because I'm going away for the weekend & would love to be able to celebrate with DH before I go!! And I'm going to visit a friend who is 6 weeks pregnant (& another who is 4 months!) so I'd love to get a BFP before then. After my spotting today I'm lying on the couch & feeling a lot of boob tingling like a let down so I'm feeling so positive right about now! Plus the mild cramping & tugging that I've had for over a week - which would be a long time if it was because of incoming AF. But I don't know! Argh it's torture this wait isn't it!

Question for you girls - how many people have you told you're trying? I'm in the unusual situation that I have to tell my boss *awkward conversation!!!* as there are restrictions that have to be in place during this time (I work around a lot of strong magnetic fields which are linked to asthma in developing babies) but other than that it's just Mum, my sister & a couple of very close friends for me
Brigerino

Postby Brigerino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 am

Oh and I'm Bridget by the way ha just realised I did a poor job of introducing myself :)
Brigerino

Postby charlicorcoran » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 am

Brigerino wrote:Oh and I'm Bridget by the way ha just realised I did a poor job of introducing myself :)

Hi Bridgit, I'm Charli!!

Your symptoms do sound promising!! Hopefully you get your BFP on Friday :D I have my fingers crosses for you!

I haven't told anyone this time round, but when we were trying for my son I did have to tell my boss as I worked as a scuba diver and you aren't supposed to dive when pregnant. I'm still diving this time round, but only one day a week instead of every day so its way way less of a risk, so haven't said to anyone! Plus last time my boss was a woman, this time its a man, more awkward this time round!

My mum also knew last time but I haven't said this time because she was already piling on the pressure to have another. Don't want to be asked all the time how its going :p It took us 12 months last time so half of me is resigned to a long wait, half of me really hopes it'll happen soon!! Preferable this time!!!

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Brigerino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:25 am

Haha I told Mum so that she'd stop the pressure to have another! Now that she knows we're trying she won't say anything but she knew I had work concerns so once I'd cleared it with the work Dr I told her so she could stop hinting at it.

Ok so woke up this morning a bit scared to go to the loo in case AF had come but spotting has pretty much stopped! Still hopeful!

Are you having any symptoms Charli? I hope hope hope it doesn't take a long time for you, 12 months of this isn't something I'd wish on anyone..
Brigerino

Postby charlicorcoran » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Thats so good that the spotting has stopped!! Just the right time for implantation spotting as well!

I definitely understand the whole scared to go to the loo thing incase AF has arrived, I get that like every time I pee!

I've been having cramps for the last few days, sometimes it feels like AF is about to start that very second, sometimes its a very different feeling. I remember getting a lot of cramps in my first pregnancy but my memory starts at like week 6. We didn't really expect that we were pregnant as I thought we had completely missed ovulation that month, so I wasn't really monitoring things. I've had a wee bit of heartburn which is unusual for me, I've never had it before, my boobs have hurt on and off (but I only finished breastfeeding my son 3 weeks ago so I can't rely on that as a symptom) and I'm tired (but my 16 month old doesnt sleep through so I'm awake a lot through the night, so again cannot rely on that as a symptom). Today as I was walking i felt a stabbing pain in my lower left side for about a minute, then it went again, which was a bit weird...but could have just been a cramp!

Just kind of want it to be saturday already so I know either way hah!

How are you doing today?

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Brigerino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:26 pm

I'm good! Tired and getting tentatively excited about every ache & pain haha yeah I just want to know either way so I'm not on edge thinking is this it?! Is it not?! Weather's cruddy & I've got a busy day at work ahead but I know I'm going to be going to the bathroom every hour or so to check on the spotting. I haven't gone off anything food wise but the last few days I've had definite cravings for falafels which is odd for me. But hey if I am pregnant & I end up craving healthy foods I'll be over the moon with that! Trying to take my mind off waiting so looking forward to hair appointment and road trip tomorrow. It's tough because yes I want to know right now. It I'm not sure I want to get AF & find out it's a no then go visit pregnant friends..
Brigerino

Postby Brigerino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Update: so I don't think I will be testing tomorrow. Think spotting was start of AF as now heavy enough to be that & bright red. Damn, think I'm out this month :( I was so sure too!! All the best for sat test Charli let me know how it goes!
Brigerino

Postby charlicorcoran » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Brigerino wrote:Update: so I don't think I will be testing tomorrow. Think spotting was start of AF as now heavy enough to be that & bright red. Damn, think I'm out this month :( I was so sure too!! All the best for sat test Charli let me know how it goes!

Oh no, the evil witch! :( big hugs to you!! It's such a disappointment isn't it :( Chin up, there is always next month! I promise you that it will happen!! In the mean time, drink wine and enjoy yourself on your road trip!!! xxx

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups