Babydust Buddies....with hope for 2017

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Babydust Buddies....with hope for 2017

Postby Keriberi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 am

Our New Home for 2017!
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)
Dec 2016 started Charting
Jan 2017 started Acupuncture

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Babydust Buddies....with hope for 2017

Postby Keriberi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:25 am

DarkAries - Yay our cheerleader is back!!
Fabel - Hope the Warm Christmas did not affect the Festive spirit!
AndiA - You just need to take as much time as you need but we love having you around here so we will always lend an ear
Janeite - Hold on to that positive sign that you know it can happen.
Crumpet - We miss you

AFM - not as much BD as I would like over Christmas but I "think" we got it in where it counts. My CM (usually in abundance) has been pretty sparse and the OPK's didn't even have a hint of any lines before I then saw (the tiniest) EWCM. All I can do is hope I guess. Refusing to symptom spot as I am feeling crappy anyway with a cold so am just putting all "symptoms" down to that! I have my first acupuncture session tonight so we shall see what she says. Started my new off well with a good diet too and taking my prenatal vitamins. Gotta keep positive! (and do better with temping next month and opks!)
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby fabel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:23 am

Thank Keri.. for creating this new thread.

Janeite - its interesting what your doctor said. I had no idea that blastocytes can be found in blood without implantation. It indeed is comforting to know that you and your dh can fertilise eggs. Just have to wait for that one lucky bean who will stick. Fx for you
ME: 33, DH: 30
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby fabel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:29 am

And Christimas didn't turn out to be that warm. We had cloudy, rainy and foggy weather so our guests could still eat warm cookies and drink some Glühwein (spiced red wine served warm).. naturally I had nonalcoholic fruit punch ;) We missed snow but maybe next year...
ME: 33, DH: 30
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AndiA108 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:50 am

Thanks for the support ladies. It is helping to sign on here and get whatever I can off my chest.

I am feeling a little better today. Last night I had a bad break down to DH but we had a nice long talk and he cheered me up. Basically he told me that he's not over this yet and not expecting me to be over it but we do need to be positive about our future. He said if we expect failure we'll fail and we need to stay positive. So I'm doing my best today to stay positive!

Janeite - I agree with fabel that's interesting about the blastocysts! To answer your question, I'm not quite sure what we're doing. I'm kind of waiting for DH to make the first move lol. I decided that I was going to take it easy and not worry about temping, taking opks, or making sure we get lots of BD in, this first cycle back. I'm not expecting much anyways because who knows when I'll even ovulate again.
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DarkAries » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:33 am

So nice to see all you ladies. (and hoping Crumpet will be back soon).

Keri - thank you for creating the new thread!
Janeite - I hope you're still ok over there :)
Fabel - this is the year we're meeting your little one... how does it feel?

Andia (and Crumpet) - it's not an easy road - it's been three months for me now (and yes the kids keep me busy so my mind is not on it much) - today is our youngest 5th birthday!

But I digress, what I wanted to say is...this is from my point of view ... it's a long road, and what makes it even harder after a miscarriage is that your body doesn't play along well... it's almost as if it's sulking... you don't know if your ovulating or if the few days of spotting can be considered a period. All your regular menstruation /ovulation symptoms are no longer there, so you can't even judge by those. If I was going to jump ride on the BB Bandwagon , I would have been frustrated right now.

I lost my baby @ almost 2 months... and it's been 3 months(well next week it's officially 3 months) now, and it's seems my body is going to lay dormant until the '9" months are up... it really does feel that way.

Oh did I mention my boobs have not gone down in size yet?

I've taken up walking... and I'm hoping to move onto running... I've set myself a goal... to RUN a 5km :) I'ts realistic and I believe I can do (it'll also help with losing a little weight, cause I'm tired of my little (read big) muffin top now.

All I can say is that we all grief and deal in different ways... I'm still grieving ...butnow I have something to take my aggression out on...the road... I'm feeling abit down today... maybe it's because I took a pregnancy test yesterday, just to make sure there is nothing there or the fact that it is the youngests' birthday. I can't wait for my work day to finish so that I can hit the tar!
Me: 40 - DH:38
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi gals,

It's a chilly day here, but I've spent the afternoon on the couch with tea, a blanket, and a snuggley puppy, watching flurries out my window, so I'm content.

Keriberi- Thanks for the new home. sounds like you BD at all the right times. FX crossed for you this cycle! I hope your cold had gone! How did you like your acupuncture session?

Fable- I'm glad to hear that you at least got some chilly weather for Christmas. We didn't have any snow either this year.

Dark Aries- You are so right, the grieving process takes time and there is nothing you can do to rush it. How is your walking/running going? Did your DD have a good birthday?

Andi- I'm glad that you are starting to feel better! Remember- you can always vent to us any or all emotions you are feeling. It really does help to get them out there. When did you say your doctor's appointment is? I really hope that you will be able to find some answers. *hugs*

AFM- Nothing much happening, really. We're just trying to wait out the rest of this cycle. I took my last dose of progesterone on Tuesday morning before seeing the doctor. He told me to expect AF in a few days. Well, she's still not here and my temp is staying high. I really wonder if I O'd again. I guess we'll see. I'm really tiring to be patient and wait this out, but part of me is like "nudge, nudge, wink, wink we weren't really trying this cycle, so let's have that surprise BFP, please!" :doh:
Me: 36
DH: 35
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014
----------------------------------
December 2015 BFP, MC at 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016 started acupuncture
December 2016 1st round of 50 mg clomid- chemical
-----------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Keriberi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:20 am

Hey Ladies

Am very impatient and a bit down this month. I just know it isn't our cycle (why should this be different from the last 9 months!) I have a some events coming up where all DH's friends & s/o will be watching to see if I drink plus the less discreet will outright ask questions/ go on about their kids. I just want to hide away. I had the acupuncture last Friday and although I enjoyed it.... it may have brought on a migraine (could be conincidence) which then laid me out. Nothing seems to be straight forward! Am really over ttc at the moment. Am CD26 and just want this cycle to be over.
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Janeite » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:15 am

Keriberi- I'm sorry you're feeling down. I know those feelings all too well. Sending a big hug to you and lots of patience to get through those upcoming events. Those are just the worst. I always feel like people are questioning us, even if they don't say anything out loud. You are strong, though, and I know you'll get through it. I forget-how long is your LP normally? You're not out yet, sweetie. I'm sorry the acupuncture gave you a headache. Did you drink lots of water afterwards? I think it can release a lot of toxins into the blood (kind of like a massage can), so the body can dispose of them. I wonder if that's what happened to you? Sometimes I would feel somewhat blah (tired, dull headaches) the day after a treatment, especially in the beginning. I agree with you though- I really wish things were straight forward!

How's everyone else doing this week?
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AndiA108 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Sorry you're feeling down Keri. *Hugs* hang in there girly!

Janeite - I hope this cycle is it for you!!

Ok so AFM I have a novel so be ready, lol. I finally had my appointment with my OB and I have to say, I surprisingly feel better after meeting with her. She's doing some testing, only I went to get it done and it costs like $4k!!! So I left the lab office and calling my insurance to see what's going on and if any of that is covered first because that's ridiculous!

So in short this is the plan. We are doing these bunch of tests for now. We'll see what that comes back. Then DH and I both will most likely go through chromosomal testing. This will tell us if we basically need to just do IVF or if we have something to be treated or if all is ok and we don't have to worry about that. I just need to call my insurance about that test pricing as well. If it's too pricey we agreed to not do it.

So we're just taking it one step a time for now until we get results back for these tests. Then she said we can talk about next steps, like if I want to go back on clomid or not. Also she said if I were to get pregnant to take the progesterone right away as soon as I get the BFP and she will keep testing my HCG levels until they get to 1000.

I just hope insurance covers testing! Stupid medical care.

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.

AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janeite » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 am

Andi- I'm glad that you have a plan. It sounds like a good one! I'm sending you lots of strength and patience to deal with the insurance company. It can be so stressful and overwhelming! I'm with you- I hate the way medical care is covered (or not covered) in this country. I'm self employed and have to buy my insurance through the market place. There was not a single plan that covers infertility treatments--even the really expensive ones. Please keep us updated on the tests!

Keriberi- Looks like you're around 13 DPO. Have you tested?

EOE- hope you are all well.

AFM- I'm feeling down this week, too. I keep trying to bring my mood up and be thankful for what I have, but I'm really struggling. Even though I really didn't think anything would happen this cycle, the temp drop I had this morning has really affected my morale. I guess it'll be good to put yet another mess of a cycle behind me. As soon as AF shows I'll be refilling my clomid prescription.
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Keriberi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 am

AndiA - I am keeping everything crossed that all your tests are covered

Janeite - I know exactly how you feel. On the plus side it looks like we are close in cycle (your cyles look so much better which is so encouraging - although I know it doesn't feel like it!) It is easier having a TWW buddy

I am fully expecting AF to show her ugly face either tonight or tomorrow and it is making me very grumpy (although I have a Hen Party on Saturday so if by some miracle I did get a BFP I have no clue how I could possibly avoid drinking!) Maybe its all for the best. Got my next acupuncture appointment on Friday and the Docs have got a print out of my last bloods ready to collect so I am determined to get any "imbalances" under control
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AndiA108 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:59 am

Hi Ladies,

Janeite - I see AF came. Sorry hunny! But like Keri said, your cycles do look so much better! It's hard to stay positive when we try so hard!

Keri - How are you doing? I see AF hasn't gotten you yet. What's a Hen party? lol

AFM - I have semi-good news, well better news than anything I've had yet. My insurance does cover most of the testing! I got one round of them done yesterday and we will most likely proceed with the chromosomal abnormality tests after.

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks

AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jillmich1983 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:30 am

Hi Ladies I am new here I am 33 and TTC for 4 yrs since I had my daughter. Concived w/ clomdid and IUI 2nd try. I am now on 5th try w/ clomid and IUI. Currently 8dpo and in the 2ww.
Jillmich1983

Postby Keriberi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:18 am

It's all gone very quiet here again!

Jill - Hi! You are most welcome. How are you feeling in this tww?

Janeite - I am sorry AF got you. How are you feeling this month?

AndiA - That is great news on the insurance. I am keeping fingers crossed for positive results. How did the first ones go? A Hen Party is what we call a Batchelorette Party in the UK. My friend gets married in two weeks time.

AFM - I am CD33 and no sign of AF. Absolutely none! I took a test last week which was BFN so assumed I was expecting it any day. All I have had was the tiniest lightest pink streaks on Sunday and now a rotten cold. I suppose I may have O'd late although no real evidence of that. Really holding off taking another test as I do not want to see another BFN only for the witch to show her face later! Latest I have ever been is CD35 so I guess I will consider it Friday
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups