Looking For TTC Buddies, O day in a lil more than a week...

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looking For TTC Buddies, O day in a lil more than a week...

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:15 am

Hey Y'all!

I've been lurking the board(s) for a while, figured it was time to start reaching out for ttc buddies, especially for positivity during that two week wait we all dread. So, let me formally introduce myself- I'm 30, married, living in Florida. Husband and I have been TTC for our first child for 3 months. January will be our 4th, hoping 2017 will bring us all the big fat positive we've been looking for- New year with new opportunities! :) I've been charting my cycle, bbt, using opks, etc to narrow down that window of when o-day happens for a few months before we started officially trying. I was totally convinced I would get my BFP during my last cycle, so I was horribly disappointed on January 2nd when AF came-- two days late. (SIGH) But, I didn't let myself get too upset, I had a stiff bourbon that night, and started journaling and by the next day I was feeling positive again, haha. Just gotta keep pressing forward. I'm on CD 9 right now, and my ovulation day tends to happen in the CD 17-19 window, so I was hoping to find some support buddies for that two week wait, and the rest of the journey

I'm curious what, if any, tips you have for helping keep your mind busy during that time. And what tips & 'tricks' y'all use for a sticky conception.

Good luck to all! :)
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Looking For TTC Buddies, O day in a lil more than a week

Postby NSP214 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:25 pm

mermaid.hair wrote:Hey Y'all!

I've been lurking the board(s) for a while, figured it was time to start reaching out for ttc buddies, especially for positivity during that two week wait we all dread. So, let me formally introduce myself- I'm 30, married, living in Florida. Husband and I have been TTC for our first child for 3 months. January will be our 4th, hoping 2017 will bring us all the big fat positive we've been looking for- New year with new opportunities! :) I've been charting my cycle, bbt, using opks, etc to narrow down that window of when o-day happens for a few months before we started officially trying. I was totally convinced I would get my BFP during my last cycle, so I was horribly disappointed on January 2nd when AF came-- two days late. (SIGH) But, I didn't let myself get too upset, I had a stiff bourbon that night, and started journaling and by the next day I was feeling positive again, haha. Just gotta keep pressing forward. I'm on CD 9 right now, and my ovulation day tends to happen in the CD 17-19 window, so I was hoping to find some support buddies for that two week wait, and the rest of the journey

I'm curious what, if any, tips you have for helping keep your mind busy during that time. And what tips & 'tricks' y'all use for a sticky conception.

Good luck to all! :)

Hey love!! We're pretty close in CD's so I'll wait with you!!! Gonna copy and paste my last post from another group so I don't have to retype it here(I'm lazy) :rofl:
Last edited by NSP214 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Hey ladies!! Need some buddies to wait with!!! A little about me: I'm 35 and Df is 33 (both of our bdays is coming up...scary) I'm ttc #1 and this will be #2 for him as he has an 11 year old daughter. I got pregnant once when I was 18...I have an aunt whose always been extremely jealous of me and sadly she started a physical fight with me which resulted in me having a stillborn at 6 months. I've been devastated every since...fast forward to almost 5 years ago and I met the love of my life!! We've been ttc since 6 months into our relationship (I know, that's fast but we both wanted it) and nothing!! I started seeing an ob in 2014 because of my concerns and after multiple tests was told I'm fine and to keep trying...so of course I found a new doctor...I mean how could I be fine if I only get 3-4 periods yearly??? So new doctor, new attitude and I found out that thankfully DF swimmers are perfect but I had a prolactinoma ( tumor in the pituitary area that releases the hormone prolactin in your body which tells the body not to ovulate) and have recently been told that I have a mild case of PCOS. So the prolactin has been under control for six months straight which also restored my cycles to around 32-34 days. I started my first round of Clomid on Jan 2nd and OPK's and Bbt about 4 days ago(first time for both ever) and now I'm just waiting to O...I'm not even sure if I do O but I'm so ready to find out!!! Anybody want to join me??? Feel free to tell your story!!!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:45 am

Hey! haha you're not lazy! I would've done the same thing :mrgreen:

Yay! Thanks for responding! You're on CD 17 it looks like, I'm just three days behind you CD 14.

Well, my OPKs started to get dark on Friday so, I may have sorta freaked out, haha. But it looks like it hasn't changed much since then. :doh: And I changed my donor delivery to accommodate what I thought would be an earlier than usual O-Day. Husband and I have to use donor sperm- and it just adds an extra element of 'stress' to the whole TTC journey. Firstly the cost, but then the timing of order/delivery, and then finally the intimacy is kinda meh when you're inseminating. At least we have the means to do it at home, right now, if this month doesn't take I'll consider going in for IUI instead. My OBGYN says I'm all good as far as fertility health goes, so she sees no reason for me not to have success at home with ICI. I want to avoid IUI because of the medications that typically come along with it.

Are you using OPKs at all, or some other method of determining your Ovulation period?

I go to yoga 4-5 times a week in general, but the week leading up to my ovulation time, I start focusing more on getting the blood flowing to the reproductive organs. You may wanna consider that? I love this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGzpdpdDwBY It's only 20 minutes, and before bed, it's just awesome! I've done this before BD too, you can definitely tell there is more warmth going to your "sitting parts" :wink:

I'll keep you posted on my O status!
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NSP214 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:54 am

mermaid.hair wrote:Hey! haha you're not lazy! I would've done the same thing :mrgreen:

Yay! Thanks for responding! You're on CD 17 it looks like, I'm just three days behind you CD 14.

Well, my OPKs started to get dark on Friday so, I may have sorta freaked out, haha. But it looks like it hasn't changed much since then. :doh: And I changed my donor delivery to accommodate what I thought would be an earlier than usual O-Day. Husband and I have to use donor sperm- and it just adds an extra element of 'stress' to the whole TTC journey. Firstly the cost, but then the timing of order/delivery, and then finally the intimacy is kinda meh when you're inseminating. At least we have the means to do it at home, right now, if this month doesn't take I'll consider going in for IUI instead. My OBGYN says I'm all good as far as fertility health goes, so she sees no reason for me not to have success at home with ICI. I want to avoid IUI because of the medications that typically come along with it.

Are you using OPKs at all, or some other method of determining your Ovulation period?

I go to yoga 4-5 times a week in general, but the week leading up to my ovulation time, I start focusing more on getting the blood flowing to the reproductive organs. You may wanna consider that? I love this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGzpdpdDwBY It's only 20 minutes, and before bed, it's just awesome! I've done this before BD too, you can definitely tell there is more warmth going to your "sitting parts" :wink:

I'll keep you posted on my O status!

Yes this is my first month using OPK's and it's soooo frustrating to be at Cd 17 and still nothing. But I'm hanging in here. I'm hoping your delivery and O day will line up symmetrical and this will be both our months!!
According to my multiple apps I should be ovulating around CD 20 so I know I'm panicking for no reason! Fx for us both :babydustb:
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:19 pm

I got my Positive OPK this morning, WOOO! Let the games begin! :wink:
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NSP214 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:55 pm

mermaid.hair wrote:I got my Positive OPK this morning, WOOO! Let the games begin! :wink:

Wow!! I got my flashy smiling face this morning!!! Let's do it!!!!!!!!! :babydustb: :babydustb:
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:20 am

Oh yay!! Fingers crossed for both of us! :)
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:54 am

Here's what I got today/yesterday
Attachments
poas.jpg
poas.jpg (31.63 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NSP214 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 am

mermaid.hair wrote:Here's what I got today/yesterday

Wow!!! That's really dark! Have you been bd'ng??
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ttc8mnthboo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Hello there, I wish you lots of luck. We have been trying for 8 months and it feels like an eternity but you are right, the upset disappears quick as you soon start your next cycle so do try not to become too disheartened if it doesn't happen straight away, (easier said than done tho haha). So me and my partner are doing ai, we have been using a clearblue digital for 4 Months and I'm a little bit worried that the previous times we tried that the cheapo Amazon sticks were catching the last bit of hormone and we would take that as the start of ovulation on day 14, we were very wrong, it has been day 11 or 12 for the last few months in a 26/27 day cycle. Baby wishes to all...
Ttc8mnthboo
Friend

Postby Ttc8mnthboo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:59 pm

I went off road there... So we are TTC currently, we insem cd8,10,11 and will do cd12 too, flashing smily cd11 fmu and then bought just pink sticks by mistake which was just a circle (confused) hoping its tomorrow and the fellas will be patiently waiting, so in a couple of days we will be in the tww...again lol good luck to everyone :-)
Ttc8mnthboo
Friend

Postby mermaid.hair » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 am

NSP214 wrote:
mermaid.hair wrote:Here's what I got today/yesterday

Wow!!! That's really dark! Have you been bd'ng??

Yes ma'am! Well, I have to inseminate using donor sperm, but I did that CD 15 & CD 16 (33 hours apart) I'm feeling really confident this time! :) Plus I've gotten some real BD in too :wink: that can't hurt right? haha

This morning's OPK test was not nearly as vivid as the last two days, so I think I may have caught her (the egg) this time! WOOOO! Let's hope so!

Fingers crossed for us both!

What's your status? :)
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mermaid.hair » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:47 am

Ttc8mnthboo wrote:I went off road there... So we are TTC currently, we insem cd8,10,11 and will do cd12 too, flashing smily cd11 fmu and then bought just pink sticks by mistake which was just a circle (confused) hoping its tomorrow and the fellas will be patiently waiting, so in a couple of days we will be in the tww...again lol good luck to everyone :-)

Hey TTC8!

Welcome to the club! :D The two week wait is a hard time for us all. I also AI at home, I'm using the ICI method with Mosie Baby Syringes, which I love. I'd recommend googling it and checking them out. Are y'all doing this at home too? Donor sperm is running me about $800 a vial, I can (barely) afford to do 2 vials per cycle. My savings is starting to run out though, so fingers crossed it happens soon! Best of luck! Keep us posted!!
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ttc8mnthboo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:24 am

Oooh I shall have to see what it is if we are unsuccessful this month. I have a really good feeling though and my partner who is the one TTC feels more hopeful this month, possibly the amount we have seen our donor. Thankfully our donor is donating to help and not earn ££ but this is the 'busiest' he has been yet and obvs each time we see him the quality will be less. We use a syringe (no needle) and a bit of sterilised tubing (about 10 cm long) to get it as close to the cervix as possible. We are on CD 12 now and will try the test again before we see donor tonight, if not we may have to see him tomorrow too lol ... I have been watching these forums for a few months now i feel like I am ready to join in the tww :-)
Ttc8mnthboo
Friend

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups