2017 Baby Buddies (5)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies (5)

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Taylor, FF is not 100% accurate, it just makes the best guess based on the info you give it. As far as timing, 2 days before is considered very good timing. Sperm go through a process (can't remember the name of it now) where they change to be able to fertilize an egg, which can take 12-24 hours. I wish I could find the article about it! Anyway, that article said that fresh sperm is not ready for fertilization and that chances may actually be higher two days before O.

Another article I read summarized some medical studies where they found that the presence of ewcm had a higher correlation to a cycle resulting in pregnancy than did the day of intercourse in relation to O.

So anyway, while we'd all love to see ALL of our fertile days covered, that isn't always the case. And it sounds like you still had great timing!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:27 pm

If you feel strongly that FF got it wrong, though, you can do a manual override by hitting the menu button in the upper right hand corner of the app, then settings --> detector/override settings.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ACS21 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Taylor, I agree with you that you O'ed on CD18. I can't imagine ovulating with a firm, closed cervix? Just remember that you know your body better than FF. It is great when all of your signs match up with their system, but it's just a computer program. You're much smarter :)

Maggie, you can definitely take it easy over the next 2 weeks or until AF shows, but if you haven't ovulated yet, you won't be getting a period until about 2 weeks after you ovulate. Some people experience anovulatory bleeding, which is similar to a period, but it's not due to an egg that wasn't fertilized. Let's say you ovulate on CD30-- you'll have a period (or a positive HPT) around CD44. Your follicular phase (the time from the start of your period until your ovulation day) can vary month to month. Your luteal phase (the time from ovulation until your period) will generally only vary by a day or two, if at all. The luteal phase of your cycle is consistent. If I haven't already recommended it in a previous post, the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is an amazing book that taught me SO much about my cycles and how to predict what was going on each month, since my cycles are so irregular. Also, as far as EWCM goes, mine is sometimes a little cloudy, but it is mostly clear. It's super stretchy, too. I generally feel pretty wet when I'm in my fertile period. It's just not something that you've probably ever paid attention to before, so you're just unfamiliar. You'll be a pro in no time!
ACS21

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Maggie, the FF charting course is also full of good info about all aspects of fertility. If you haven't read through it and watched the videos, that may be a great place to start, too!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mamabear25 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:51 pm

ACS21 wrote:Taylor, I agree with you that you O'ed on CD18. I can't imagine ovulating with a firm, closed cervix? Just remember that you know your body better than FF. It is great when all of your signs match up with their system, but it's just a computer program. You're much smarter :)

Maggie, you can definitely take it easy over the next 2 weeks or until AF shows, but if you haven't ovulated yet, you won't be getting a period until about 2 weeks after you ovulate. Some people experience anovulatory bleeding, which is similar to a period, but it's not due to an egg that wasn't fertilized. Let's say you ovulate on CD30-- you'll have a period (or a positive HPT) around CD44. Your follicular phase (the time from the start of your period until your ovulation day) can vary month to month. Your luteal phase (the time from ovulation until your period) will generally only vary by a day or two, if at all. The luteal phase of your cycle is consistent. If I haven't already recommended it in a previous post, the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is an amazing book that taught me SO much about my cycles and how to predict what was going on each month, since my cycles are so irregular. Also, as far as EWCM goes, mine is sometimes a little cloudy, but it is mostly clear. It's super stretchy, too. I generally feel pretty wet when I'm in my fertile period. It's just not something that you've probably ever paid attention to before, so you're just unfamiliar. You'll be a pro in no time!

I agree too, with the drastic CM change on CD 19 and checking CP CD18 going from obviously soft and open to definitely FIRM on CD 19 I really think O was CD18
Mamabear25
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:08 pm

OK ladies... I *think* I may be approaching a positive opk. I have never used this brand for dip sticks, but I have a few dollar store tests that I trust, so I've been taking them periodically along with my others. If it was just the dip strip, I wouldn't think much of it, but my dollar store tests have never been this dark unless I was in about 12 hours of a very positive test.
IMG_20170205_170416.jpg
IMG_20170205_170416.jpg (154.07 KiB) Viewed 479 times

The in-laws are gone, so it's back to normal sleeping arrangements tonight, woo! However, hubby and I are both so sick and congested. I have been having *ahem* uncomfortable digestive issues all day, hubby has hardly left the couch. Neither of us can breathe. So tonight should be really fun lol. Wish us luck!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mamabear25 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:28 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:OK ladies... I *think* I may be approaching a positive opk. I have never used this brand for dip sticks, but I have a few dollar store tests that I trust, so I've been taking them periodically along with my others. If it was just the dip strip, I wouldn't think much of it, but my dollar store tests have never been this dark unless I was in about 12 hours of a very positive test.
IMG_20170205_170416.jpg

The in-laws are gone, so it's back to normal sleeping arrangements tonight, woo! However, hubby and I are both so sick and congested. I have been having *ahem* uncomfortable digestive issues all day, hubby has hardly left the couch. Neither of us can breathe. So tonight should be really fun lol. Wish us luck!

Yay!!!! :D
So sorry you have to BD sick, but definitely worth it in about 9 months ;)
Mamabear25
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Let's hope so, Taylor! Hubby was so sick last month right before O but did it anyway, and it didn't get us anywhere lol. I'm hoping since we took a break for a few days that he won't be worn out. And last time he had the flu, so he was much worse off. I'm really hoping these extra few days of follicular phase allowed my lining to thicken up and be ready for that egg!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Fingers crossed for you Becca! I'm definitely going to be paying more attention to my body. Haha. The good news is the inhaler the doctor prescribed has helped SO much. So now any BDing will be done without coughing through it. Haha. Sick sex is so weird and funny. "Hold on honey, I need to sneeze." :rofl:
Maggie <3
Me: 26
DH: 29
TTC#1 since December 2016

BFP: 5-21-2017! :mrgreen:

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Haha thank you Maggie! And if I'm about to O, that means the weird, creamy-streaked ewcm yesterday was probably legit, and not related to the mucinex. So take my earlier advice with a grain of salt. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LibbyMac » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:19 am

Hi ladies

wow - it looks like I have loads of catching up to do!

Welcome to our new recruits, I'm sure you'll love it here with us, Becca is wonderful at keeping us all going, we have our up days and our down days but we all get through it together.

I saw someone got a BFP...can't remember who now, sorry but congratulations! I hope your 9 months will be happy and healthy!

AFM, things are still a bit strange, just waiting on AF to arrive, tomorrow is CD 26 so I'm half expecting her to show up but I've had no symptoms at all so maybe she'll be a little later this month. FF changed my O date AGAIN so I still have no idea when I O'd this month but that doesn't matter too much I guess.

So, something happened last week...
My husbands company run an employee incentive programme every year and the top people in the company win an all expenses paid, 5*, 7 day trip away. This year the prize was India and guess what? He won!

Well to be more specific, 40 people won but they all bring their spouses and they all go together on this big massive trip with a full itinerary of sight seeing and spa days and everything else you can imagine. It's the trip of a life time and he and I are going in a little over 7 weeks!

I'm so excited, I really feel like we were due some good news after what happened last month but it's making me rethink our current baby making strategy.

In truth, I hadn't 100% decided if I wanted to jump straight back in to it in February when it would be ok to try again, some days I couldn't wait, other days I was so frightened of the possibility of another MC that I thought no lets wait another while.

And here is where I am now - The India trip is the first week in April and not only will it include a long flight to get there, there are also two internal flights to different parts of India while we're there. On top of that, the last week of April I'm book to fly to Boston to meet my best friend and fly with her to Nashville for her bachelorette, thats another long haul and internal set of flight... so we're looking at 8 flights in a month in April

I feel like if I got pregnant that would be a lot of air time for a little bump to handle so I'm wondering... maybe we don't go for it in February? I don't know enough about pregnancy and flying and everything but I do know that if I had another MC I would forever blame the flights.

And if I happened to fall pregnant in March I actually wouldn't even know until we were back from India and then there would just be the Boston trip to try and manage

Do you guys have any thoughts? xxx

thanks everyone xxx
LibbyMac
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:38 am

LibbyMac, that is awesome!!! I think it would be amazing to win a trip like that. I think it's personal preference between you and your husband on whether you want to try again. I can absolutely see you being cautious to try again and be weary of flights. I'm so sorry for your loss. I think I would be paranoid to do anything also.

I have no temp rise today, so I'm mostly just annoyed. Also no CM to speak of today so far. We'll see how it goes throughout the day.
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:56 am

Libby, that's incredible!!! What an amazing opportunity!

As far as travel goes, I wouldn't worry about the flights themselves. I read a New York Times article about a study that was done among flight attendants that found a slightly higher risk of miscarriage among those who worked/flew regularly during early pregnancy. They could not say whether that risk was directly related to flying or other life factors. Overall, flying during pregnancy was deemed safe.

The things I would take into consideration include morning sickness and the possibility of picking up an illness. My morning sickness was way worse than average, but thinking about being stuck on a plane for hours on end and dealing with airports, security, and waiting, not to mention the actual busy schedule of following an itinerary for site seeing, etc sounds terrible! That being said, if the trip is in 7 weeks, then you likely would not be far enough along to be too sick. It could possibly be an issue for the Boston trip, though.

If you are in a large travel group, your chances of picking up an illness are probably way less than if you were, say, hitch hiking around India eating street food or something, but things like listeria (causes food poisoning) can end a pregnancy or have serious impact on a developing fetus. I'm not sure what other illnesses would be a risk. When I went to Africa, there were certain vaccines I had to get before I left, and some of them could not be taken while pregnant. I'd definitely ask your doctor if you are going to need shots before you go and maybe get them ahead of time just to be safe.

My last consideration would be this: what feels right? I'm a religious person and I believe that sometimes things are meant to happen when the timing doesn't necessarily seem right, but there is still that gut feeling there that's saying, "go for it." I think when it comes down to it, you can analyze and over analyze all the pros and cons, and still not get a clear answer. It may just come down to what you and hubby decide you feel like doing, and that's OK!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:24 am

Becca, I think your last paragraph there was beautiful. I actually teared up. I'm emotional today. Haha. I agree with Becca too, Libby! Do what's right for you! :)
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Veronica86 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:41 am

Hi ladies!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Becca- so happy your tests are getting darker. Looks like you may be close to O'ing soon!? Hopefully you are your hubby are feeling better within the next couple of days.. you're going to need all the energy you can get ;) And thank you for always be so responsive and helpful to us all- you're a blessing to have on this thread!!

Taylor- I agree- definitely looks like you O'd on CD18! Glad you're in the TWW!

Libby- Nice to meet you :) what an incredible opportunity for you and your husband- you must be so proud of him for this awesome accomplishment! I wouldn't worry about the flights effecting a potential pregnancy... it might be uncomfortable and tiresome for you to do all that traveling, but I wouldn't hold off on trying because of it (unless of course you and your hubby aren't positive you want to conceive right now, then that's different). Do whatever feels right! Either way, you have some exciting things headed your way in the next couple of months!

Maggie- I'm sorry you haven't gotten a temp rise yet. I can't remember if you use OPK's? I know you're just coming off HBC, sometimes the next few cycles after can be a little confusing and hard to read. If you don't use OPK's, I would totally start! I get mine off Amazon (Wondfo Brand)... they're pretty cheap and are so helpful and letting you know when you're about to O.

AFM- I'm a little confused on my temps- they are much lower post-o temps than I've had in the last 9 cycles. Last month I didn't temp because my puppy broke my thermometer.. so I bought the same exact brand and used the new thermometer this cycle. Do you think it's possible this one is just calibrated differently and my temps may just be lower because of the new thermometer? I'm also temping 30-40 min earlier this month than previous cycles. I just hope I've actually O'd.. all temps seem to be hovering right around my cover line :(
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups