31, TTC 12 mo, baby#1- looking for buddies in similar spot

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

31, TTC 12 mo, baby#1- looking for buddies in similar spot

Postby Babylove85 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 am

Hi, as my subject says, I'm 31 and DH and I have been ttc for going on 12 months for our first child. I'm looking for support and to connect from those in a similar situation.

I found this website and was blown away by all the positivity, which I could really use right now. I have two best friends who are both pregnant (with #2 & #3) and didn't seem to have any problem getting pregnant with any of them. No one in my family has had infertility issues aside from an aunt who never had children (going to ask her about it) so I feel like I only have DH to talk to and let's face it, men don't truly understand what it's like for the ladies ttc.

We have a consultation appt next Fri with a fertility clinic and I'm super fearful there could be something serious.

Would love to hear from others in you early 30s! Baby dust to all! Xoxo :-*
Babylove85
Friend

Re: 31, TTC 12 mo, baby#1- looking for buddies in similar sp

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 am

Hi! I am Rosey. I am in a very similar situation. Soon turning 33 and this is my 12 cycle ttc. AF is due tomorrow or day after. Have all signs of AF so I am counting myself out and preparing for cycle 13. My other details are in my signature.

Where are you in your cycle?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 32, no known issues except early hypothyroidism
DH: 32, Sperm analysis #1 (Jun'16) morphology poor (2%) with severe DNA fragmentation, SA #2 (Jul'17) - Perfectly normal morphology and no severe DNA frg (God is the greatest)

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:04 am

And on fertility. I also don't have any infertile people in my family. Just a cousin who lost 2 babies to early mc. Both my sisters have kids and so do all uncles, aunties and cousins.

For us, it seems to be taking too long because of male factor. We only got tested once so we don't know if his numbers are really bad or just a one off bad result.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
DH: 32, Sperm analysis #1 (Jun'16) morphology poor (2%) with severe DNA fragmentation, SA #2 (Jul'17) - Perfectly normal morphology and no severe DNA frg (God is the greatest)

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babylove85 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 am

Hi rosey,
My name is melissa. Thanks for your reply!... I'm on day 8 of my cycle. AF ended today so I'm looking forward to doing the BD next week. They say the 2ww is hard (which it is!) But i also hate the time between AF and when your fertile. Such a wasted week! ....

I'm sorry you are having AF symptoms. It sucks when you just know your going to get it... A lot of AF symptoms came be early pregnany signs so each month I, like most, pray I'm wrong.

You said your DH was only tested once for sperm count- do men usually have it tested regularly when they knew it's low? How long ago did he get tested?

Praying your signs are for a BFP and not AF (just started using these abbreviations, so I hope I'm using them correctly) :-)
Babylove85
Friend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 am

Lol Melissa. You are using them just right.

Usually docs want to test semen twice before diagnosing male infertility. He was tested last year in June. He has made major lifestyle changes like quiting smoking and cutting down on drinking. He is a bit inconsistent with his multivits but still I am hoping that his numbers should have improved.

For AF symptoms, I am spotting and cramping so no doubts that I am out. Just have to wait for full blown AF so that I can start fresh.

I was in a dark place day before yesterday (when faint spotting started) because this failed cycle means we have officially infertile. I don't like the sound of it but that's how they define infertility in medical terms. I somehow managed to snap out of it as it can take longer for some f people. We at least know why its taking long. I am hopeful again!!!

Did you do any fertility work up? Any meds?
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babylove85 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 am

We haven't started anything yet. Our first fertility appt is next Friday.

I bet it's hard when it's the partner with problems bc it's hard to make them do things differently... My DH thankfully quit smoking 3 years ago. He just bought a laptop fan table thingy bc he sits with the computer on his lap for hours at night and I told him he's over heating his boys! Also wouldn't let get in the hot tub on vacation. He has a horrible diet and doesn't exercise so I'm going he's not the problem or if it is, he will commit to being healthier.... Ugh, sigh....

Since you saw someone before your 12th cycle, did they give you any troubles with testing? Just curious bc that's why we waited. Everyone told us no one will do anything until we've been trying for a year... I'm wondering if I shouldn't have listened
Babylove85
Friend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Yeah its hard when it's the other partner. One just don't feel in control. With I am clearly not the problem but I still work much harder on my fertility than DH does. I freak out at times. Then I realise tje problem could have been me so why make dh feel bad about something he cannot control. He can only try (as much as a man only 12 months into ttc would do). So we are praying for our miracle.

Yes, we got tested only after 6 months and you are right that most docs wouldn't do that. Thats why I lied to my obgyn that we have been trying longer. Otherwise she would not have taken me seriously. My age was not an issue for her as she think 32-33 is 'young' :rofl: I came off birth control 2 years ago (dh took care of protection when we weren't trying) so there was no way that she could have suspected. Not proud of lying but I didn't want to wait for more than one year, only to find out that there was minor and easy to fix problem. Unfortunately there was / is a problem. I hear from lots of people that morphology isn't a huge problem as many REs don't even look at it and dna fragmentation can be easily reversed. So we don't worry too much (well mostly), just prepared that it might take longer for us than usual.

GL with the fertility work up. Fx that nothing is wrong and you guys are just one of those couples who need longer to make a beautiful and healthy little one.

Now I am seriously cramping. Looks like AF is around the corner.

Do you guys have a bd plan? We do it every other day after AF until I see ewcm. Then we try to hit every night for 2-3 days. Then go back to once every 2-3 days. Its a I similar to egg meet sperm plan, just that I don't use opks. Ttc is stressful as it is!!
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hopefulrosey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:33 pm

And my obgyn still doesn't take me seriously. She keeps reminding me that 95% couple get pregnant within 3 years without interventions and with each passing month I am getting closer to my bfp. She is annoyingly optimistic :rofl:

How do I tell her that I cannot wait for 3 years :(
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babylove85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:47 pm

We have been doing the BD every other day when I'm in my fertile window- after tracking for 11 months, I know I have a positive opk test on day 18

Don't feel bad about lying- I wanted to bit dh said we should wait.

Did AF greet you with her presence since we last chatted?

I'm day 2 off af so praying this is the week!
Babylove85
Friend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Yes she did. I may also be on Cd2 today. Maybe because AF properly showed today but I had heavy spotting the whole day yesterday. TMI alert - not red or pink, just brown. So I am a bit unsure if yesterday was CD1 or its today.

FX that you catch that egg soon.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Buddy Groups