On the road again for #2...buddies?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

On the road again for #2...buddies?

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:24 am

Hey ladies! I haven't been on the buddy list for a while. I had my first baby in September after fertility treatments and IUI, a very frustrating experience with unexplained IF. My fertility doc gave us the go-ahead for #2 (given my age, fertility issues, etc) because it'll probably take a long time for the second. Soooo we're trying again! I'm waiting for a call back on my blood test results, but I should be Oing in the next few days! Yikes! Any takers?
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: On the road again for #2...buddies?

Postby Janeite » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 am

Hey Scarlet! It's nice to see you again! How's motherhood treating you? It's exciting that you get to start trying again. Are you going to try naturally at first, or go straight back to IUI? FX that things are much easier and quicker for you this time around.

I'm still waiting on that elusive BFP. I'm on my second clomid cycle and expect to O any day now (hopefully today!). I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to my BFP, so hopefully that optimism will be realized soon! :)
Me: 36
DH: 35
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014
----------------------------------
December 2015 BFP, MC at 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016 started acupuncture
December 2016 1st round of 50 mg clomid- chemical
-----------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Hey Janeite! Its so good to see a familiar person here!

I am praying for you that this is your month. The last I remember, you had issues with O and your BBT charts weren't consistent. Is it getting better? Yay for Clomid! How are the side effects on you?

Motherhood is great - he's a beautiful baby (even though he hates sleeping - yikes!). DH and I wanted to start trying again for No. 2 right away because we had so many issues with our first with the medications, IUIs, etc. The doc said that we should try as soon as we are able, especially if we want more than 2 children.

We are going to start trying naturally for a while, several months at least. I'm partially breastfeeding and I haven't gotten my period yet, but the doc saw a dominant follicle (size 19) on Tuesday and said I might O over the next few days, so we are BDing. The doc said it might just sit there and not actually release, so it's a mess. I won't know for 2 or more weeks whether or not I actually O'd. It's frustrating because I thought my blood test results would show whether I will O or not, but they aren't sure.

Sooo we are BDing for a few days. Looks like we will go through the TWW at the same time! FX
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Brigerino » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:53 am

Hi Scarlet, I'm new to TWW so don't know you from before but I'm also TTC #2 (DD is 3.5 years old) sounds like you've got a good plan I hope that follicle releases that sucker! I just wanted to say hi & for your interest I've know people who had huge issues conceiving #1 then #2 just happens naturally almost straight away like the body has been 'taught' how to do it (oh thaaaats how I grow a baby!) so fingers crossed you get the BFP soon & kiddies can be close in age! I think I've missed that boat but mine will be old enough to be a helper. I'd so like to get a BFP by September so that I can be off on maternity leave when she starts school..
Brigerino

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:35 am

Hey Brigerino! I hope that you are right about #2 being easier than #1! I'm honestly very nervous about TTC again because our first try was so difficult. The idea of going through month after month of disappointment is terrifying! I hope that my being busy taking care of my son will keep me distracted during the TWW.

Are you in your TWW? How are you tracking? How long have you been TTC?

I am going to see my fertility doc monthly to make sure that I'm actually releasing eggs. They think that I was last week, but who knows. Also apparently my vitamin d is very low (even though I am already taking a supplement), so I have to take 5000IU of vitamin d each day for a month and then come back for more bloodwork. Ugh...the cycle begins again!

If I O'd last week, then technically I'm in the TWW now. I have no signs of EWCM, so I'm just going to wait it out and see if AF arrives in a couple of weeks...we will see!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sarahleh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi Scarlet - I'm also ttc #2! Wishing you luck as you start your two week wait! At the tail end of mine (AF due tomorrow and so far all BFN's).
Cheers :)
Sarahleh
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Brigerino » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:07 am

Oh definitely the disappointment is super terrifying! My #1 was unplanned but welcome (& also terrifying) so this is all new to me. We've been trying *officially* for 3 months, I'm currently 4dpo & have friends staying which is a totally welcome distraction. I'm not even going to test until AF is due because last cycle I completely overanalysed & convinced myself I was pregnant which made it just so awful when AF came & I kept getting the BFN. Had agonising ovulation pain on sat night & BD on Friday night so timing wise should work out so we'll see! I'd kind of counted myself out this month because I couldn't maximise BD what with having houseguests haha..
I'm not charting, I think if it doesn't happen this month then I'll start but I know my personality type would just jump on this as another thing to obsess over! So I'm feeling pretty positive at the moment & hoping it lasts, the emotional rollarcoaster is just awful really isn't it?!
How are you going? Where in your cycle are you now? I'm glad my whole TWW will be done by the time my friends go so I'm not letting myself spend time & money doing tests way too early like I have.
Brigerino

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey Brig,

Yeah, I never test anymore at the end of my TWW. I just wait for AF to arrive and usually it would before I take a test. I couldn't stand the actual test-taking and seeing a negative test. It was too saddening for me. I might do OPK testing, but I'm terrible at it. I always have a short LH window and usually miss it altogether. It was always easier for me to go to the doctor and they would tell me if/when I am Oing.

We have similar personality types. No charting here either, at least not yet. I don't want to obsess yet!

You BD'd at the right time! Friday night for a Saturday O day is perfect. Now you are in the middle of your TWW, right? Looks like we're due at around the same time. Any cramping or other symptoms for you? Don't worry about BDing enough - sometimes too much BDing will hurt rather than help you. Honestly I think its all a matter of just plain good luck sometimes.

If I O'd around the time that the fertility doc predicted, then I am due for AF near the end of next week (I think). We BD'd every day Tues-Sat last week. I am trying to catch the first egg postpartum, so there is no way to know when I actually O'd. My hormone levels last week were optimistic. It's sketchy the first month TTC because who knows what my body did. I go back to the doc next month and they will see what is going on and check my hormones again.

Yes, this emotional roller coaster totally SUX. I hope my son keeps me distracted in the waiting process. I've been cramping on and off the last few days, but I think I'm starting to obsess again. Yikes!

Sarah, good luck on the TWW! Any physical signs so far? How long have you been TTC No. 2? Isn't it a little different the second time around? :)
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Brigerino » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi Scarlett!

No physical symptoms for me - well if there have been I'm not listening & don't think I'd trust them anyway as last month I had aaaallll the symptoms and nada Donnie I'm just like well obvs the power of my mind can cause my body to pretend pretty well so I'm just going to act like I know I'm out for the cycle, and so with my friends we've been drinking nice wine & eating & I haven't really been thinking about it too much (liar I really have they've got their 18 month old with me & it makes me long for a little one!!) but we'll see. I keep thinking it's ok the longer it takes the more money we'll have etc.. we're currently doing up the nursery in preparation & while I was painting the other night I was thinking how great it was that I wasn't yet pregnant so I won't have to worry about getting that sort of stuff done while I'm feeling ill from morning sickness or tired from being pregnant.

That sucks having to go to the dr each month to check on hormones etc, I mean good that you get to know well what's going on but it just makes it more of process huh. Hopefully you do catch that first egg! How old is your son again? (I think I knew?) they are so lovely I can't wait to have another one - and I definitely think my daughter needs a younger sibling. She keeps asking for a baby sister & I'm like yeah that would be nice!

Do you get ovulation pain? I have quite a short cycle (24-25 days) so for me AF is due 12/13th Feb. When are you due? I'm loving this forum as it means I'm not driving people around me mad with discussing things! They say I'm not but it would drive me mad haha
Brigerino

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:10 am

Hey Brig,

I know what you mean. I keep trying to convince myself that the longer it takes, the more money we have. And then I get all sentimental looking at my son and think, oh I wish I were pregnant already....Humph! I remember that when I got pregnant, I had ZERO symptoms whatsoever, so I don't expect any symptoms the second time around either. I didn't start getting nauseous until weeks later.

That's nice that you are doing nursery preparation already. I guess you have to go with gender-neutral colors? Do you want a boy or girl, now that you have a daughter?

My son is 4 months old. He's young I know, but the doc doesn't think we should wait very long because it could take a long time to get pregnant. It took over a year last time. I want my son to always remember that he has a sibling. The longer we wait, the better his memory of being the only child. I don't want him to remember being the only child.

My cycles used to be very long - 40ish days because it took forever to O. I was always the last one to O in a group. Last time, I took clomid (which didn't work) and then they put me on letrazole to speed up the O day, so my cycle ended up being long, but I got pregnant that way. So I'm hoping that until I start taking fertility meds again, the long cycles will be in my favor? I'm grasping at straws here. Trying to stay optimistic.

If I O'd when they said I might, I should have AF by the 10th or 11th, but I'm going to be flexible with it because I'm not entirely sure when I O'd. It feels like a test month for me because my body is still figuring things out postpartum.

You aren't driving me mad discussing this! We already think about it 24/7 anyway! lol I'm trying to give myself a break and not think about it so much because the doc doesn't want me to get disappointed so early in trying. Ehhhh...one day at a time. :roll:
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Brigerino » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Hey Scarlet,

I don't think 4 months is that young to be trying, especially if you think it may take a while (which hopeful it won't!) as a year apart in ages means the kids will have a special relationship & friendship that I just can't expect mine to have as there will be at least 4 years between them. So DD will be really helpful but it won't likely be til they're adults that they will have a good friendship. Haha having a 4 month old would make me sooooooo clucky! I already stare at all babies wanting one!

Yeah I don't know if it's bad juju or whatever to prep a nursery but it's more renovating than decorating, so my husband has built a new wardrobe & patched over the spot where the previous one was, and I've got the wallpaper which is really cool and gender neutral. I'm not sure which I'd prefer, I actually don't mind! Every baby is so different anyway, and although I've got heaps of girl clothes stored away my sister had 3 boys so I've got plenty of not clothes as well.

I've read both that long cycles and short cycles are better for conception, so who knows the google machine can say anything you want it to really!

That's cool that we're kinda due AF at the same time hopefully we can get the BFP together!! I'm secretly thinking about it alllll the time but I'm not googling symptoms & making myself believe that I'm pregnant this time.
Brigerino

Postby Janeite » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi ladies!

I hope you don't mind if I still join you. I'm still working on number one, but hopefully that'll change soon!

Sorry that I never got back to responding, Scarlet. I had a couple of really busy weeks and my MIL was in town. I'm hoping that things will slow down a bit now. To answer your questions: my cycles have still been kinda wacky. :/ They've definitely been better, but not what I would call good. The doc prescribed clomid and progesterone to try to help boost my chances. This is my second cycle on clomid and AF is due next Monday. I'm actually starting to think that my cycles are seasonal (if that really even a thing). This current cycle looks suspiciously like that one I started last January. I just saw a new acupuncturist today, who sounds like she will take a more targeted approach to balancing things. I liked her a lot, but it's going to be an expensive few months, if we decide to go with her protocol. It's so hard to decide where best to put our finances.

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying motherhood! Are you staying home, or did you go back to work? I wouldn't worry about starting too soon--I'm close in age with all my siblings and it was really great growing up.

Brigerino- Nice to meet you! Kudos on getting into your nursery already! DH and I have talked about doing some of that stuff so we're ready, but we keep putting it off. You're nearing the end of your TWW as well, right? I hear you on the symptom thing. Sometimes I don't even like to admit my symptoms to myself, but, to be honest, I always wonder at every twinge. Lol!
Me: 36
DH: 35
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014
----------------------------------
December 2015 BFP, MC at 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016 started acupuncture
December 2016 1st round of 50 mg clomid- chemical
-----------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 am

Hey ladies!

Janeite, your cycle looks pretty good this month! I can see your temp rise, and you covered your bases with BDing every other day. I'm FXing for you this month! I remember that you were loving the acupuncturist last year, and you said that you were feeling better when you saw him. Maybe it'll help you this time around (I know its expensive - I'm thinking about doing it myself to regulate my cycle too!). How was the Clomid for you? Did you get a lot of side effects?

Brig, hows the TWW going? You are on the home stretch! I don't remember if you said that you were gonna test or not. I expect the same as you - no matter if its a boy or a girl, I expect him or her to be completely different personality from my son. My son is very hyper, never sleeps, always on the go and very alert. The next one I expect to be a very calm, relaxing baby lol I think its nice to work on the nursery and get excited about it! What is the paint color that you are going with?

Bad news for me. I got AF on Friday :doh: Looks like my lp was only 7 days!! Which is waaaay too early. I read that having a lp too short is very common postpartum and it takes a few months to regulate my cycle again. So even if we did succeed, my lp was too short for any egg to implant. :( I spoke with my fertility doc and my gyno on Friday and yesterday. The fertility doc won't give me meds or monitor me until I completely wean my son, which will take a couple of more months. I breastfeed my son at night only (he is on formula for 13+ hours a day), and I don't plan on completely weaning him until 6 months.

DH and I decided to just BD EOD starting on Friday until AF arrives, or at least until I suspect my O day is long gone. I bought OPKs already, but I always miss the LH because its short, so thats why we are BDing EOD. Any suggestions? I don't think temping will work because I don't sleep for 4 hours at a time (my son is a terrible sleeper). I was told B-complex is good to lengthen the lp. Ugh. What a mess. I hope my cycle goes back to normal soon!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Brigerino » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi Janeite welcome back! I know what it's like to have busy times, I've got houseguests away for a week then back with me for a few days so I'm taking this time to relax & just he on holiday! The stuff we're doing in the nursery is really just the necessary renovation stuff, the personalisation stuff can wait until baby is actually on the way (& we know if it's a he or a she!).

Scarlett Yep in the home stretch, currently 11dpo and I wasn't going to test until Valentine's Day (so romantic here's a stick I peed on DH!) but been feeling waves of nausea the last 2-3 days and last night at squash I got off the court & totally had a dizzy spell so of course my mind is going crazy chanting 'test test test test test test test' at me like a native circling a captive on a stake. So I tested and I *think* I can juuuust make out a faint second line, maybe. Tried to photograph it but can't focus that closely. So I'm cautiously optimistic that my mind isn't making it up! Also - waaaay less cramping & twinging (I.e. none!) than last cycle when I convinced myself I was preggo. I'm just sitting here staring at this test wondering if my mind can also make my eyes funny and I'm seeing this or not.... there's definitely a shadow of a line! Now I want to go get a bunch of tests to test every day and see if it gets stronger (this was my one & only test).

We can't paint our walls without a huge amount of work, it's an old house so a wallpaper house! The plaster keeps opening up hairline cracks which would ruin the paintwork. We're doing a feature wall which is a cream colour with navy circus sillhouttes going across (couldn't attaché a pic but google 'circus parade wallpaper' if you want to see it!) & the other 3 walls will be a neutral textured paper to match. The paper is from my sister & I love it! Even though hubby hates feature walls I put my foot down :P

Scarlet I read somewhere pineapple (core especially) is good for short LP to help with implantation? Makes the blood a bit thinner or something so easier for the blasto to burrow in - but you have to make sure you've already O'd as it can also make CM too acidic for sperm.
Brigerino

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Hey ladies,

Brig, I hope that your shadow-line gets darker and darker every day! Did you test again today or yesterday? Any change? Its so easy to symptom spot, so I understand the excitement. The wallpaper sounds adorable for the room! It sounds like you're busy with hard core renovation right now. Stay busy! It'll help you before your TWW is officially over!

Janeite, hope all is great!

AF went away yesterday, so I'm waiting patiently for O day. I can't temp so I'm a little lost. I don't even know when to start OPK testing?!? I mean, it could be weeks before O day arrives. What should I do other than BD EOD? I'd like to get an idea of when I'll O, you know? Should I wait another week before OPK testing? I wish I had more direction here. I was thinking of trying fern testing but I have no clue how to do that. I gotta read that "taking charge of your fertility" book again. :?

On top of that, I feel like the doctors are treating me like a disease because I am breastfeeding. I get zero help whatsoever because of it, which really sux. I hope my cycle is more "normal" this time. Who knows.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups