On the road again for #2...buddies?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: On the road again for #2...buddies?

Postby Janeite » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:23 am

Hi gals-

Brigerino, how's that line coming? I hope it's getting darker for you! You made me smile with your explanation of wanting to test. I think we've all felt that! Lol! I love old houses, even though they are so much work. There is just something about the charm and character they have. I checked out the circus wallpaper and it looks very cute!

Scarlet- I'm sorry AF showed and that your LP was so short. Have patience! I'm sure your cycle is still just regulating PP. I'm also sorry to hear about the frustrations with your doctors. I wonder if the world sue is really that any drugs they'd give you would make their way into your breast milk. I'm sure it's worth waiting. As far as testing for O goes, it sounds like BD EOD is a great start. Maybe buy a bunch of cheapie OPKs online and start testing once a day (I think I've read late morning/early afternoon is best) untill you see the line start to darken and then test more often. That way you may have better luck catching your surge. You may also want to keep testing after you see a positive, to make sure it wasn't a false one. Hopefully, you'll be able to figure that cycle out soon!

Nothing to report today from my end. I'm just waiting for the end of this TWW and I still feel out. I'm already starting to look forward to the next cycle with the hope that I'll be able to get my cycle and other issues sorted out soon!
Me: 36
DH: 35
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014
----------------------------------
December 2015 BFP, MC at 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016 started acupuncture
December 2016 1st round of 50 mg clomid- chemical
-----------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:40 am

Hi ladies! May I join this group? I'm trying for #2 also! My DS is 9months old today. I ended up having an emergency c-section with him as we didn't find out he was breech until 18hours after my water had broken and contractions still hadn't started. We were just about to start an induction when they decided to do an ultrasound to check things and surprise!! Ugh.. :-(. I really want to have a VBAC this time and doctors told me I needed to wait minimum of 18 months between births. So with DS being 9months now, that would mean we are finally in the approved zone! Woo!!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:52 am

I've caught up on reading through the posts in this thread.

Scarlet- My LP was really short for my first few cycles after getting my period back too. My first O was at 5months PP. I kept getting AF only a week or less after the O for quite a while! I was worried that it would stay like that since I'm still breastfeeding and DS likes his boob around the clock every 2-3hours still! Haha! But In the last two cycles it's finally shifted to Oing on CD 14 which is much more optimal. Here's hoping your cycles will straighten out soon too! FX

Btw- I'm 1DPO today, so just beginning my TWW. :-) I've told myself that there's no pressure to conceive asap and this time and I won't obsess and get all emotionally worked up about it like when we were TTC #1. But we'll see how that works out. ;-)
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Brigerino » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Hey all!

Well, I tested again yesterday - and then again today & there is a definite line there getting stronger! BFP!! It's so funny because this is the cycle that a) I'd already counted myself out of and b) had NO symptoms until the nausea. I can't quite believe it but I'm over the moon!! And mum just arrived for a couple of nights yesterday & knew we were trying so of course when she asked if there was any news I had to say maybe..

Scarlet that sounds pretty grim that no one wants to help you! Is it because they don't want to give you drugs while you're breastfeeding or is it a kind of 'just wait a bit you've got a new baby why are you thinking about the next one already hold the phone' and not understanding your situation at all?? Are OPKs expensive? What about starting at the usual time (like cd7-9 or something) and only test every second day until you get ewcm? Would that extend the supply while giving you some peace of mind that you won't miss the window?
Brigerino

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Congrats Brigerino!!! :-)
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:23 am

Hey ladies!

Brig, CONGRATULATIONS!! :happyforyou: Can you post a pic of your test? I wanna see! What dpo are you now?

Treble, welcome! I'm so happy that another bf mom is ttc like me! Its a little lonely here trying to figure out my darn cycle while bfing! Its good to know that eventually it'll go back to a longer lp, and I was VERY worried that I would have to wean in order to get a normal lp. My AF first arrived pp last week, so thats a little over 4 months after my son was born. I guess thats normal? Are you using OPKs or temping or both? How much is your LO breastfeeding at night? I don't want to stop bfing my son at night - he needs it for comfort more than anything else, and I figured with him on formula over 12 hours a day, isn't that enough for my body to go back to normal cycles? Ugh. I hear you about NOT getting obsessed. I don't want to get obsessed either this time around, but I think it'll be difficult. It took a long time for me to get pregnant last time, so I'm not expecting much for at least 6 months. I don't want to get disappointed, you know? How are you staying busy on your TWW?

Janeite, when does your TWW end? Why do you feel like you're out? Don't worry about symptoms - I never had symptoms before my first BFP last year, so I don't even think about that! Did you start your acupuncture yet?

AFM, Its been one week since AF, so I guess we're going to start BDing every other day. I don't have a clue how long my cycle will be this time. I heard it could be as long as 60 days!! Yikes! I wish I had a clue what was going on. As for the fertility doc, I only asked that they monitor me for a few cycles until my son is weaned, no meds, but they still won't even take a sonogram of me! :( So I'm on my own. I'm going to use an OPK in the next couple of days to try to get a "control" line (I know I'm not Oing yet, I always O late). Maybe I'll start OPKs next week and see what happens. I'm also stuffing myself with so many vitamins its insane - prenatal, 3 extra D vitamins, fish oil, and C complex, and I might start B complex also. I hope it helps lengthen my lp.

Brig, send some baby dust my way!! :wink:
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TrebleLily » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:17 pm

scarletWillow3086 wrote:Treble, welcome! I'm so happy that another bf mom is ttc like me! Its a little lonely here trying to figure out my darn cycle while bfing! Its good to know that eventually it'll go back to a longer lp, and I was VERY worried that I would have to wean in order to get a normal lp. My AF first arrived pp last week, so thats a little over 4 months after my son was born. I guess thats normal? Are you using OPKs or temping or both? How much is your LO breastfeeding at night? I don't want to stop bfing my son at night - he needs it for comfort more than anything else, and I figured with him on formula over 12 hours a day, isn't that enough for my body to go back to normal cycles? Ugh. I hear you about NOT getting obsessed. I don't want to get obsessed either this time around, but I think it'll be difficult. It took a long time for me to get pregnant last time, so I'm not expecting much for at least 6 months. I don't want to get disappointed, you know? How are you staying busy on your TWW?
:

I was worried about my short LP at first too... and VERY relieved that it straightened itself out in not too long. I don't have any long gaps between feedings like you, so yours might straighten out even quicker. My DS nurses every 2-3 hours all day and night. He has never slept through the night even. Which worries me about getting pregnant again! First trimester exhaustion combined with real sleep deprivation?.. eep!! But obviously it hasn't scared me enough to stop TTC! :wink: I figure I will survive and make it work somehow.

I'm just using opks, not temping. I don't really see how temping would work since I'm up so many times in the night and I seem to recall that you're supposed to take it at the same time each morning before even getting out of bed. With a baby, that's just not happening! :rofl:

My parents will be visiting this weekend, so that's a few days to help keep me distracted. Other than that I don't know. I'm hoping that it won't consume my mind as much this time... but already I know I can't stop thinking about it.

I feel like we gave it our best shot this month. DTD on every day of my fertile window. We'll see what happens!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Brigerino » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:58 am

Here you go Scarlet! BFP from 11dpo (top) daily down to the current 14 dpo. Only symptoms I had were slight waves of seediness (like the day after a really bad hangover when it's still kinda there ugh) and today I started to get sore bbs. Most definitely sending baby dust your way take those vitamins & catch that egg! I think your plan sounds like a good one, there's only so much you can do and it looks like you're giving those little beans the best chance to make themselves at home when they arrive!

How are you guys all doing? I know every time I heard about a BFP I would get a twang (obvs super excited for another lovely lady from here but still a twang) and I hate to think that I could be now causing that for anyone else. Seriously trying to send the magic forward to you all!

Welcome treble good on you for starting early while still bf you guys are all way more organised/ready than I was I'm envious that when your babies come (and they will come soon) the age gap between kiddies will be an advantage when it comes to being friends :)
Attachments
IMG_9818.JPG
IMG_9818.JPG (56.38 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Brigerino

Postby TrebleLily » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:30 am

I was up at 1am last night feeling nauseated and ended up running to the bathroom to vomit. This morning I'm fine. So it doesn't seem to be a stomach bug. Just a one off puke. It's way too early for it to be possible to be morning sickness though right? I'm only 3dpo.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Hey ladies!

Brig, YAY for your BFP!! That test looks beautiful!! When did you tell your husband? What is your plan now? Don't worry about twangs..your BFP gives me hope! I hope that mine comes as easily as yours. How many months were you trying? What vitamins are you taking? Any advice is much appreciated.

Treble, I'm with you on the sleep deprivation, nursing issues, and no temping for me. My son has never slept through the night EVER. I've gotten used to him waking up every 2-3 hours and some nights are better than others. I do hope it gets better, but I imagine he will be over a year before I see any changes in my son's sleeping pattern. When is your TWW over? How was your weekend with your parents?

AFM, I started spotting on Thursday (1 week after my period) for several days. Today seems to be the first day without spotting. So my EOD thing didn't start because the spotting was unromantic. Does Thursday start CD1 for me all over again? Or am I in my second week now? I'm so confused! I guess we'll start BDing now but I have a feeling that this is going to be a long ugly cycle. I need all the help I can get this time. I'm hoping that I'll see changes in discharge to give me some direction, because right now I'm as lost as ever! :doh:

On top of that, my son has been AWFUL! He was screaming bloody murder every nap and bedtime all weekend and I'm physically exhausted. He's doing better today but I don't want to jinx myself. Let's just say that I'm happy I'm going to work tomorrow - I need a break!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:47 pm

scarletWillow3086 wrote:
Treble, I'm with you on the sleep deprivation, nursing issues, and no temping for me. My son has never slept through the night EVER. I've gotten used to him waking up every 2-3 hours and some nights are better than others. I do hope it gets better, but I imagine he will be over a year before I see any changes in my son's sleeping pattern. When is your TWW over? How was your weekend with your parents?

My son is the same- never has slept through and generally wakes every 2-3 hours. I've mainly gotten used to it and don't find it so bad most of the time. Except for those nights where the wakings last a long time because every time I put him down he stirs and I have to rock him again then put down, then rock, put down, nurse, rock, put down..... agh! As long as I can put him down on the first try and it sticks, I don't mind the wakings.

I have 6 or 7 DPO today (depending on if you count the first or second positive opk). So I guess I have 1 more week left. My period is due to start sometime between next Monday to Thursday.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:50 pm

PsS-" symptoms" update- no more vomit. Super gassy today and headache. I'm sure this is all something else and I'm not pregnant though. Don't know why. Just not having that hopeful optimism right now I guess.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janeite » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi gals! Happy Valentine's Day!

Does anyone have plans to celebrate today? DH and I went on a date last weekend, so today we're just planning to cook a nice steak and open a bottle of wine.

Brigerino- Congrats, momma! Those are beautiful looking lines and a great progression! Good thing you got into that nursery, huh? ;) Have you been to the doc yet?

TrebleLily- Welcome! We've all had times where we just don't feel it and times where we do. Lol! Hang in there! Is your screen name Treble as in treble clef?

Scarlet- Hang in there! You may be in for a long cycle, but just know that your body is working itself out. I bet you get pregnant very quickly this time around, now that your body knows what it's doing. I'm sorry that your clinic won't monitor you right now. That is frustrating! It sounds like you have a plan though with EOD BD. Not sure what to say about your spotting. :/ I probably wouldn't count it as CD1, though unless it's a full flow.

AFM- I expect AF any time now. My temp has been dropping. I've had several acupuncture treatments and I'm feeling great! I have so much more energy now! My current diagnosis is that my thyroid and adrenals are fatigued and that my body is not absorbing nutrients from my food. So my body is tapping into its energy stores to survive. That's why my acupuncturist thinks I've not been getting pregnant. There is no way that my body can or will sustain a pregnancy if it is struggling this much. So, I'm on some supplements to fix that. I'm very hopeful for next cycle. It's so nice to actually have a plan!
Me: 36
DH: 35
One fur baby

TTC #1 since August 2014
----------------------------------
December 2015 BFP, MC at 5 weeks :angel:
January 2016 started acupuncture
December 2016 1st round of 50 mg clomid- chemical
-----------------------------------

My Ovulation Chart
Janeite
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Hey all,

Janeite, even though your temp is dropping, I think its good that your cycle is regulating well. I hope that the acupuncture can help you with the nutrient absorption issue that your body is dealing with. Did you have any blood tests done with your primary care or gyno on this? When does your acupuncturist think that you will be in prime shape for pregnancy? What supplements are you taking?

Treble, I'm sorry that you feel like you're out. You did everything right this cycle, so there is nothing left for you to do but try again if this cycle didn't work. I haven't lost hope for you yet because its still early and I don't believe in symptom spotting. :hugs: Try not to be so sad yet. You still have time!

Brig, how are you feeling?

AFM, I have zero desire for BDing right now (I think the sleep deprivation this weekend totally screwed me up). I also see no indication of EWCM or anything yet. Fertility Friend thinks my fertile window will start on Thursday, but that is assuming 2 weeks after my period, and since I spotted this weekend (and usually have long cycles), I don't know. I think it'll be at least another week or longer before I hit my fertile window. Ugh. I already feel like I'm "out" before the cycle even really started. Kinda sad. I'm going to use the OPK tonight to get a control line.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TrebleLily » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Janeite-yes, my name comes from a treble clef (I'm a singer) and my favorite flower (lilies). :-)

No valentines date out for us this year. But he did get me a very nice bracelet that matches the other pieces of jewelry he got me at Christmas and our anniversary. Much better than his usual flowers and chocolate (or last year when he didn't even get me anything)! We jointly cooked a nice steak and seafood dinner and I made a yummy fruit crisp for dessert. I also took some super cute photos of our son wearing a red diaper and with lipstick kisses all over him holding a rose. <3

I'm not sure why I feel out really. No reason I guess... and I'm not even upset about it either. I am not feeling a huge pressure/rush to get pregnant again though I do want it to happen within the year. I guess with this being the first official month trying I just figure we've got more time to try and that's fine. I'm sure after a few cycles of failing I will start to get anxious and worked up. But right now I'm just taking it as it is.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups