On the road again for #2...buddies?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: On the road again for #2...buddies?

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 am

Hey ladies!

Brig, I hope that you are feeling better now. I understand how that kind of news is hard to hear when your hormones are going crazy. Have things gotten better for you since then?

Treble, Janeite, how are you? How are you feeling?

AFM, I don't have a clue when I O'd. I thought i O'd last Thursday because in the middle of the night, I got these awful hot flashes, which usually happens before O. Then, I saw more fertile CM on Sunday and Monday, so I'm very confused. We BD'd the past few days, but I'm not convinced that I was fertile this week at all. So I'm going to wait for AF to arrive and see if I can retrace my steps. OPKs have been negative, but they were darker on Sunday/Monday. I'm kinda stumped honestly.

DH and I are doing better now. It was a crappy couple of weeks because DS was really difficult and it wasn't good atmosphere for baby making. We've since 'made up' and we're trying again, but we're being very relaxed about it. In fact, after we BD'd yesterday, DH asked why I wasn't laying in bed an extra 10 minutes, and I said I don't want to drive myself crazy with it this month. I'm trying to keep it very zen for a couple of months. I might have to get new OPKs because I have yet to see a positive. Oh well. In the meantime, I assume that I'm in the TWW somewhere.
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Brigerino » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Thanks guys I have gotten over the shock & grief for that poor little girl & it's still a weird feeling to know but things are better. I'm starting to feel sicker more frequently but it's manageable, most of the time it's at home so it's good to be able to get through work. Putting on heaps of weight which I'm a bit depressed about, I know it's not supposed to happen this fast but it did last time which so I kinda saw it coming. I feel like I already have a bump which is crazy at 6 weeks & I know it's just bloating etc so I'm just feeling fat rather than pregnant :( two things I remember from last pregnancy are that my nails are growing super fast & I'm having very strange but vivid dreams haha.

Scarlet I wouldn't be at all surprised if you don't get AF this month & get your BFP it seems to be the way when people have low expectations & thinks they're out already it happens! Fingers are most definitely crossed for you keep us updated!!
Brigerino

Postby TrebleLily » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi scarlet! Im feeling really good. Still no symptoms really, other than feeling a bit more tired than usual in the afternoons. I've ended up having an afternoon nap a few times this week when my son naps.

FX for you! It could still be your month!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Hey ladies!

Brig, I remember the vivid dreams!! Haha they were crazy vivid. I think its the hormones that make vivid dreams during pregnancy. Also I heard that you will start showing much earlier with a second pregnancy because your uterus has already been stretched the first time, so its much easier for it to stretch the second time. Maybe you will start looking pregnant earlier, instead of that weird I-look-fat-and-not-pregnant stage. Sorry to hear that you are getting sicker...I hope that it doesn't affect any time spent with your daughter.

Treble, glad to hear that fatigue is your only symptom right now. Yay! Hopefully you won't have nausea or any other pesky symptom.

AFM, hmmmm yeah I really don't think this is my month haha I love the positive encouragement but its probably not gonna happen. I think we BD'd on the right days, but honestly I'm not sure. I think I'm going to toss the other OPKs that I have because the strips don't seem to work right. I might have to use a different OPK (the ones that are 7 in a box and look like HPTs) to get more accurate results. We BD'd when I saw changes in CF that looked fertile, but who knows? I'm just glad that I haven't gotten AF yet because I'm hoping that my LP is longer this time around. Humph. Its just perplexing.

Meanwhile, my son is still breastfeeding and I don't know if he will be weaned in a few weeks. He still wakes up 4-6 times a night to breastfeed. Otherwise, if I have to give him formula, he will definitely wake up completely and it'll take 30 minutes to an hour to get him back down at each sitting. With breastfeeding in the middle of the night, its quick and easy. I'm feeling a little discouraged. I'd like to get pregnant without going on fertility meds or an IUI this time around. We will see how it goes this week. :)
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 pm

AF arrived today. Cycle was 38 days long. :( I think my lp was long enough this time though.

Hope you are all doing alright.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Brigerino » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:42 am

Oh no! That sucks Scarlet. Are the cycles getting more regular & predictable? Big hugs! Go have some wine or do something really nice just for you, I found that made getting AF a teeny bit easier or at least took my mind off it for a bit. I'm ok managing through the sickness & counting down til end of first trimester so the risk of the bean not sticking is much less, and so hopefully I don't feel nauseous all the time & can get some stuff done.
Brigerino

Postby TrebleLily » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 am

Scarlet- Echoing what Brig said, treat yourself to some nice wine and foods that you can't eat when pregnant (rare steak? Sushi?). And of course lots and lots of chocolate!! My AF always demands chocolate. ;-)

As for me, first trimester exhaustion has set in for sure... and my little one seems to be sleeping worse that his usual already bad sleeping habits. Ugh. I'm feeling so anxious and panicking that I need to fix his sleep problems NOW! But we never wanted to do sleep training. So I feel awful and guilty like it's all my fault for being selfish and getting pregnant that I won't be able to meet his needs like I want to anymore. We actually looked into hiring a sleep consultant (one who's gentle, anti CIO and pro attachment parenting at least) and I'm waiting to hear back for my free 15 minute initial consult. I feel like such a failure though.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:53 am

Hey ladies!

Treble, sorry to hear about the sleep issues. My son wakes up 6 or more times a night, so I understand your concern. I hate sleep training myself and I don't want to do it either. Let us know what the sleep consultant thinks and if you think hiring one is worth the money. Don't feel like a failure though! I have come to understand that some babies are just more difficult than others based on their temperament at birth, and all you can do is ride the wave.

Brig, sorry to hear that you are still sick! Ugh. First trimester is almost over right? How many weeks are both of you?

AFM, AF this cycle is TERRIBLE. Its very heavy (because my cycle was extra long this time) but not incredibly painful. I think we BD'd on the right days, but it didn't work this time. I was able to determine approximate O day by watching my CF, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to do the same this cycle. I'm going to switch OPKs this time, and I think we'll do the BD EOD thing again but we'll wait at least a week and a half before starting. My cycles are ultra long generally, so I don't expect O day for at least 3 weeks. We will see....feeling a little down (thanks to hormones) but it's getting better. DH is very supportive and seems to really want to try again this time around.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups