12 month ttc buddies #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 12 month ttc buddies #2

Postby NSP214 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:00 am

Oh I meant to mention to you all that I'm trying a fertility tea starting today...I mean, what can it hurt??
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:23 am

Oh yea, one more thing (I'm such a chatter box today) :rofl: the pharmacy gave me more Clomid than I guess what was actually prescribed. I'm supposed to take 100mg (2 pills a day at 50mg ea) for 5 days. When I went to pick up my first prescription it was 5 pills and said that it was a 2 1/2 day supply so naturally I had to refill them and pick them up on yesterday...so this is the tricky part. My prescription originally said 2 refills at 100mg daily meaning enough for 3 cycles (prayerfully I won't need them) Df went to get them on yesterday and came back with a box of 30 (3 cycles worth) but remember I've already taken some for 2 days and there's still 1 REFILL left on this package!! So I'm not thinking I'll need them that long but I am thinking of taking an extra pill these last 2 days...so 150mg for the last 2 days...I need my baby!!!!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:11 am

Thank you Nikki and Sassa.. I am hoping to get to know more about you ladies!

Nikki- I love your sense of humour! I guess it never hurts to try as much as possible to get that baby! Just a thought, do you get follicle monitoring done when you are on clomid? Because for me, it did cause thinning of uterine lining last year. Good luck for this cycle!

I am currently in my tww, following IUI that was performed on day 11 and 12. Today I am at day 13. We did try one IUI in March of 2016. But after BFN, I wasn't in a mental space to deal with things. So we took break months in between, tried again naturally for 4 months, which marked finishing 12 months of trial on our own. This month, my RE recommended for 2 cycles of IUI back to back months. So feb and march. If nothing, we move to IVF in summer.

DH- SA has been perfectly normal.
Me- Have been diagnosed with endometriosis, pcos, and then denied both. Honestly, I am now confused as to what exactly is happening. My scans/tests in last few months have shown clear ovaries, normal ovulation, normal hormone levels, and open tubes. RE has put us in category of unexplained infertility, and hence the IUI procedure.

Praying that 2017 is the answer to all baby wishes, for all of us.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(35), DH (33), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Endometriosis diagnosed feb 2015
3 Failed IUIs, IVF 1 July 2017- 6 embryos day3 frozen, FET#1 (oct 2017)- Chemical Pregnancy, FET#2 (nov 2018)- BFN. IVF 2, Jan 2019- 1 day6 PGS normal blastocyst frozen, FET#3- Feb 2019- BFN
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sassa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:27 am

Nikki-

So good to hear everything is good between you and DF!!!

Yay to all of the birthday festivities! How sweet of DF to plan out the things you enjoy :)

I can't believe it's almost Valentine's Day this year is going to go by quickly !
Sassa
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NSP214 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:38 am

Nickysy wrote:Thank you Nikki and Sassa.. I am hoping to get to know more about you ladies!

Nikki- I love your sense of humour! I guess it never hurts to try as much as possible to get that baby! Just a thought, do you get follicle monitoring done when you are on clomid? Because for me, it did cause thinning of uterine lining last year. Good luck for this cycle!

I am currently in my tww, following IUI that was performed on day 11 and 12. Today I am at day 13. We did try one IUI in March of 2016. But after BFN, I wasn't in a mental space to deal with things. So we took break months in between, tried again naturally for 4 months, which marked finishing 12 months of trial on our own. This month, my RE recommended for 2 cycles of IUI back to back months. So feb and march. If nothing, we move to IVF in summer.

DH- SA has been perfectly normal.
Me- Have been diagnosed with endometriosis, pcos, and then denied both. Honestly, I am now confused as to what exactly is happening. My scans/tests in last few months have shown clear ovaries, normal ovulation, normal hormone levels, and open tubes. RE has put us in category of unexplained infertility, and hence the IUI procedure.

Praying that 2017 is the answer to all baby wishes, for all of us.

Right now I'm not being monitored that much...I only have a high prolactin issue but have been semi-diagnosed with very mild PCOS...and that's only because I have abnormal hair growth and irregular periods (which is an affect of the high prolactin). So obviously they don't think I need much monitoring right now and that it won't be too hard for me to conceive...df has good sperm so prayerfully this'll be the month although we've been trying almost 5 years! Most of that time was spent with bad doctors that didn't treat the prolactin issue.

Good luck to you Nicky! Fingers crossed that this is your month and won't need IVF. Question: not to pry but how does everyone afford IVF? I see so many people saying they're heading into IVF and they don't seem stressed about money...I would be pulling my hair out!!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sassa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 am

Nikki - lol about extra clomid. I know, I know I should probably be a responsible adult and ask you to look into dosages and OHSS ahhh but who am I kidding if I was in your position I'd probably be self medicating as well ;)

Nicky- thank you so much for sharing your story with us, it's great to have you :) my fingers are crossed for you in your tww :) I think you're very close to Beth in your cycle

I'm with you Nikki we need another bfp.

Positive Vibes :) how fun would it be if this new thread saw all of our BFP'S!!!!
Sassa
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NSP214 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:41 am

Sassa wrote:Nikki-

So good to hear everything is good between you and DF!!!

Yay to all of the birthday festivities! How sweet of DF to plan out the things you enjoy :)

I can't believe it's almost Valentine's Day this year is going to go by quickly !

Thanks love! And I hope this time flies by so we can all see our BFP's
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:45 am

Sassa wrote:Nikki - lol about extra clomid. I know, I know I should probably be a responsible adult and ask you to look into dosages and OHSS ahhh but who am I kidding if I was in your position I'd probably be self medicating as well ;)

Nicky- thank you so much for sharing your story with us, it's great to have you :) my fingers are crossed for you in your tww :) I think you're very close to Beth in your cycle

I'm with you Nikki we need another bfp.

Positive Vibes :) how fun would it be if this new thread saw all of our BFP'S!!!!

I mean my FS did say we would move to 150mg at some point if 100 don't take...I'm just saving her the trouble!! :rofl:
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sassa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:03 am

Lmao
Sassa
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Nickysy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Thank you ladies..

Nikki- I am glad you finally have a doctor who is treating you like you deserve it. Good luck for this month. I would have prob taken higher dose myself! One of my very close friends is a gynaecologist, and she told me that hyperprolactinemia can be controlled with just meds. So I am happy. As far as money for IVF is concerned, it is a very big deal for us as well. We will be breaking our savings, and will be able to afford one cycle for now. But def do want to give it a chance. Ofcourse there is always a hope that we won't need it!

Sassa: What part of cycle are you at? For me, i can already make out that this tww is not going to be easy!
My Ovulation Chart

3 Failed IUIs, IVF 1 July 2017- 6 embryos day3 frozen, FET#1 (oct 2017)- Chemical Pregnancy, FET#2 (nov 2018)- BFN. IVF 2, Jan 2019- 1 day6 PGS normal blastocyst frozen, FET#3- Feb 2019- BFN
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Nickysy wrote:Thank you ladies..

Nikki- I am glad you finally have a doctor who is treating you like you deserve it. Good luck for this month. I would have prob taken higher dose myself! One of my very close friends is a gynaecologist, and she told me that hyperprolactinemia can be controlled with just meds. So I am happy. As far as money for IVF is concerned, it is a very big deal for us as well. We will be breaking our savings, and will be able to afford one cycle for now. But def do want to give it a chance. Ofcourse there is always a hope that we won't need it!

Sassa: What part of cycle are you at? For me, i can already make out that this tww is not going to be easy!

Yes my Prolactinoma is under good control finally so I'm hoping everything will go smooth this cycle...I mean, I am turning 36 on Valentines Day soooooo the clock is ticking!!! LOUDLY!!! :rofl:

Nicky do you deal with high prolactin as well?
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sassa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm in the boring part of my cycle lol just waiting for O I normally O by today or the next day but for the last two cycles my O has been later than normal. I am opking like a crazy person and still nothing, most likely in about 4-5 days for a cycle day 14/15 O instead of normal cycle day 9-11... I wonder if this change will affect egg quality? I have a really long luteal phase of 16 days but I always felt I O'd so early and maybe my problem was egg quality?
Sassa
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NSP214 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Sassa wrote:I'm in the boring part of my cycle lol just waiting for O I normally O by today or the next day but for the last two cycles my O has been later than normal. I am opking like a crazy person and still nothing, most likely in about 4-5 days for a cycle day 14/15 O instead of normal cycle day 9-11... I wonder if this change will affect egg quality? I have a really long luteal phase of 16 days but I always felt I O'd so early and maybe my problem was egg quality?

This may be a good thing Sas!!! Have you been bd'ng anyway? How do you ladies gauge when to start bd'ng. Last cycle (my first using opk) we started on cd 10 and I didn't get my peak until cd20...we were burnt out by then but kept it going for the most part...I don't want to do that this time!!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Welcome Nicky :) Happy to have you join our lovely little group. I so hope that this cycle leads to a beautiful BFP for you and your partner :)

Nikki - sorry to hear that you and DF had a difficult time, happy to hear things are back on the level! I tried to set up a ticker - we'll see if it works :)

Sassa - waiting for O can be so boring, I have a good feeling this month - I think there will be a BFP soon, babies & spring go together right?

Mom - how are you?

AFM - feeling sort of meh. Really PMSing today. Currently hiding away because the sound of my family chewing a snack was getting to me!! The really light spotting continues, now just a bit of pinkish brown fluid when I wipe, no flow yet. Really feeling like AF is coming, boobs are so sore, lower back cramping, cervix feels soft. But we'll see. I did test with FMU today and it was BFN. If AF doesn't show by Tuesday then she will be late.
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Nikki: Happy coming bday! I hvnt dealt with high prolactin myself, but my friend did. DH is a doctor. So we do have a lot of doctor friends in our circle. 10 day bding schedule sounds tough! We get burnt out in 4 days. Yikes..

Sassa: I have a 15 day lp myself, and its a torture! I normally o around cd 11-12. And my RE said its not a problem. The follicles look healthy, and that's important.

Beth: Thank you so much. Sorry about the AFy feeling. Its an irritating phase to be in. Is spotting normal for you? Fxed AF will stay away.

AFM, nothing much happening here. 24-25th Feb seems so far off. Have been scheduled for b-hcg blood draw around that time. Basically 14 dpiui. Sending sticky baby vibes for everyone! And hoping for nice juicy BFPs soon in the group
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups