TTC baby #3 using clomid...looking for buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC baby #3 using clomid...looking for buddies!

Postby Jami#3 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Ok so I have never really don't this posting thing. But here goes....I'm 30 try for baby number 3..tried for a few months on my own no luck....have mild pcos but after I had my first two things went pretty well to normal ...reg 31-32 day cycles right on time every month for past few years but have only recently started to TTC . ...dr gave me clomid 50mg... I started Jan 10(cd1) started clomid days 5-9 didn't opk test at all wasn't told to but did the BD every other day from day 5- now lol didn't wanna miss a day ...but AF was to come last Friday (Feb 10) but is still a no show I have never been late except when preg and I have done many blue dye tests all pos but NO red dye test show anything and blood beta test was a no on Friday (feb10) so now waiting in qual test whatever its called the one that gives exact numbers ......anywhos I'm going bonkers as I don't know what to think? Has anyone ever had yes on every brand of blue dye but nos on red dye ? Has anyone who was reg went all crazy late with clomid? Any input would be greatly accepted!
I do feel some prego symptoms tho
Fatigue, sick at certain smells, boobs sore, mild off and on lower back pain and of course late AF ....
Jami#3
Friend

Re: TTC baby #3 using clomid...looking for buddies!

Postby thirdnerd » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Did they do a progesterone draw on CD 21 to see if you even ovulated? I took Clomid CD 5-9, but didn't ovulate until CD 26, so my progesterone test was obviously negative at CD 21. They said if I didn't either have a period, or positive by CD 35 to go in for Provera and start the next cycle, but since I already ovulated I'll just wait for either my BFP or period.
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jami#3 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:43 pm

No they have done nothing at all I went in myself for the blood tests BC the hpt was yes and no....
Jami#3
Friend

Postby thirdnerd » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:52 pm

I might find another OB. Honestly, finding one that helps monitor you make a huge difference. Unless you're just being casual about TTC, then it might not be worth the extra visits. I'm also trying for my third, but am casual about it. I moved to a new town and found a new OB and he happened to just be like "Let's do blood work to establish your hormone baseline so we know if the Clomid dose works." And then they had me come in for Progesterone. So at least I know I started off "normal" and what my expected hormone ranges should be if Clomid is working or if I need progeterone supplements, etc. My last OB was a bit of a douche and he literally gave me a year supply of Clomid and Provera and told me to call him when I got pregnant.
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jami#3 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Wow and sorry you had a dr like that...glad you have a good one..
Turns out I was preg had a chemical pregnancy (bleeding still right now) dr said I could count this as cd1 and go right back to clomid I was right at 5 weeks preg ....not sure how other drs have u do with that but that's what I was told ...also to do opk tests starting 2 days after last pill until positive and chart it all.
Jami#3
Friend

Postby thirdnerd » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy, although at 5 weeks is it still called a chemical? Sounds interesting to me that your Dr wouldn't advise for even a month off from trying... Best of luck this time around. The good news is that at least you can get pregnant. Welcome to the wonderful world of charting and testing and obsessing about the charting and testing... lol!
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Buddy Groups