2017 Baby Buddies (7)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2017 Baby Buddies (7)

Postby Veronica86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm

This is a continuation of the previous 2017 Baby Buddies thread found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=245858&start=480

New peeps, please read:

This is an established buddy group that is getting very large. We have been going by our first names just to get to know each other better, but it's getting hard to keep up with everyone! If you'd like to join, feel free, all are welcome. But be warned that you might feel kind of lost in a sea of people who know each other pretty well and you might want to consider starting a new group. :) We have a lot of people join and then disappear, which makes it hard to keep the members list current, so please only join if you are confident that you want to keep up with a busy thread! So, if you feel like you'd like to join, please tell us your first name and introduce yourself!

Rough members list: (I'm adding the most active or established members. If your name isn't on here, it's simply because we haven't heard from you in awhile and I'll add it if you become active on this current thread!)

BeeCee33 Becca
ACS Amy
New girl Bre
Mamaof2 Anita
Mamabear Taylor
Klj Kathy
HopefulRosey Rosey
Libby Libby
Crps Dawn
Amber Amber
Charli Charli
NSP Nikki
Kjohnell Kat
Veronica Veronica
KitKat Katie
Hulamom Carmen
Thirdnerd Kathryn
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies (7)

Postby kjohnell » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Brittany, I am so sorry for your loss :( Don't lose hope and keep us updated if you wish.

Becca, I want to see that dark line on your test too! Here I am being an enabler. Haha!

Carmen, I hope you get your BFP on blood test!

Kathryn, I see a lone too! Hoping it's the real deal!

Question - I can't decide...Do I test out the hcg shot this time or wait to test?
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Kat): 33
DH: 29
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/2017!!!
kjohnell
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks Veronica!

Kat, I personally would test out the trigger, but that's not based on what I think is best, simply what I know I would do lol. I would say if you think you're going to want to test early, then you should test out the trigger. If you think you can wait until 14 dpo or whenever they tell you the result should be accurate, then I wouldn't. The "smart" thing to do would probably be to not waste the money on tests and just wait until AF is due and take a test. That's just not a realistic expectation for some of us. ;)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hulamom » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Kat- Personally, I would wait. I've gone the route of testing out the shot. I work in a doctors office, so cost wasn't a concern. It just lead to heartbreak. At the end of the day its totally your choice.

Brittany- I'm soooo sorry. Its a pain that can't be taken away. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that other have been there and have felt that pain too. I'm glad you reached out.
hulamom

Postby Newgirl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Brittany I'm sorry for your loss. I can tell you from experience the emptiness does fade in time. I still think about where I'd be in my pregnancy once and a while. I would have been due in 2 and a half months and here I am at zero still.

Congrats becca
Bre & Andrew
TTC since March 2016
MC @ 7w4d 9/30/16
BFP - 5/27/17
EDD 2/5/18
Newgirl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Veronica86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Aww ladies I'm sorry about all of your losses. I don't know what's more sad.. to never get pregnant at all, or to finally get pregnant and lose it :( Prayers for you all to heal and for all of us to get what we've been dreaming about <3
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ACS21 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Brittany, I'm so sorry for your loss!

Kat, I would also try to hold out and not test. I've seen people on another board who were still testing positive up to 14-16dpo. Thought that was kind of long, but I don't have any experience with that. Just another reason why I'd wait is that when I tested early at 9dpo, I had a few extra days of panic if I was going to have another chemical. Those days leading up to my expected AF were filled with terrible anxiety, so that might be another reason to hold off.

Becca, same thing with continuing to test. If you keep testing and don't see the lines darken, you're going to drive yourself crazy wondering with "omg am I going to lose it? Is my hcg going up?" Even if something is wrong, it's too early to do anything. I finally made myself stop testing a couple days before AF was due. I "allowed" myself one test on Monday to make sure I was actually pregnant, because other than sore boobs and bloating, I honestly don't feel any different. Just don't want you to make yourself sick with anxiety, as I know you've said before that you struggle with anxiety.

Today was the first day where I was hit with a wall of fatigue. Had to take a nap for a couple hours- thankfully I have a few more weeks of my schedule being flexible that allows me the luxury of napping. Hope EOE is well!
ACS21

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Thanks Amy, I do plan to keep testing, just because my wondfos only have shadow lines on them. I got a good line with Henry in 3 days, so I am slightly concerned that they are still soooo light. My wondfos look like shadows still. Plus, I have like 45 hpts left lol. I think for me, testing actually relieves my anxiety a bit. If I've tested, I don't focus on it the rest of the day.

I'm not feeling nearly as worried now. I do feel pregnant. But it's a little unnerving that I had already gotten noticeably darker lines with Henry at this point, and I still haven't had a period with good flow since my IUD removal, indicating that my uterine lining may not be built back up yet. Just hoping and praying for a sticky baby at this point.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ACS21 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:15 pm

I have like 40 hpts left... you want mine?? :rofl: I need them gone!
ACS21

Postby thirdnerd » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:19 pm

Becca, have you asked your OB if being put on progesterone for a bit might help sustain early pregnancy? I've heard it can help throughout the first trimester. I think your lines will darken by the weekend. My last pregnancy was the only one that I was tracking and I obsessively tested every day (maybe even at night too), waiting for the lines to darken each day and it took probably 3-4 good days to see a noticeable difference to when they went from a faint line to an undeniable solid line. I just looked at my old chart from 2012 and it looks like I began testing at 11 DPO but didn't get a positive until 18DPO. I think I am just one of those slow-to-build-HCGers.

As for me, I'll test again on Friday I think. Looking at my old chart reminded me of how anxious I was and how much $ I spent on tests. Friday will be 15DPO and I will officially be late. Either I am pregnant, or this is the absolute worst PMS I have ever had. I have literally cried numerous times each day for the past few days and I am downright unpleasant and irritated by everything. I am out of control, lol. Serenity now!
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 pm

No Amy, then I'll be testing into my second trimester lol. Half of mine are crappy ones that still aren't even showing a hint of anything. I'm kind of curious how long it will take to show up. Some of the reviewers said they started getting shadows on them like 10 days after other tests were showing solid pink lines. I may just give them away!

Kathryn, I haven't. My OB now has a private practice. They used to have 4 docs at the clinic, and now it's just him, so the clinic is only open Monday, Thursday, Friday. I'm going to call tomorrow and set up my first appointment.

I think they are just so light because it's so early, so the total quantity of hcg, even after its doubled, is still barely enough to trigger the positive test. I figure if I don't see it get any darker by this weekend, I'll call and request a beta test.

And for the record, I was only testing obsessively before I knew I was pregnant. I'm back to once a day just to check on things. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Oh, and Kathryn, I totally think you're pregnant. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thirdnerd » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Hah! We'll see sooner than later!
I think you're totally right about why your test aren't getting much darker. In theory, you are only 13DPO! But I know how relieving it feels to see a nice, solid strip. ;)
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LibbyMac » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 am

Britney I'm so sorry to hear about your MC. It's an incredibly traumatic time and you take all the time you need to grieve

We're all here for you if you want to have a chat or scream and shout or anything in between

Loads of love and hugs
xxx
LibbyMac
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby NSP214 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:58 am

Ladies my chart is really confusing me!! Ff is predicting O around CD23 but I got my positive on the opk yesterday at cd16....why would they predict actual o day so far away??
Attachments
IMG_0183.JPG
(144.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_0182.JPG
(235.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups