1DPO-AF due approx 10 March.. post chemical-any buddies :)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

1DPO-AF due approx 10 March.. post chemical-any buddies :)

Postby BabyBassy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi ladies!!

So here I am - the very start of the dreaded TWW! :omg:

This cycle is the very next cycle after experiencing a chemical last month (5 wks). It has slightly extended my cycle :? and I believe I ovulated yesterday (CD20) - I normally ovulate days 17/18.

Monday - CD17 - BD
Tuesday - CD18 - No BD
Wednesday - CD19, Blazing Positive OPK - BD
Thursday - CD20, Positive OPK - BD
Friday - CD21, Negative OPK, will try BD this evening.
I hopefully have things covered..

Last month I really didnt have many pregnancy symptoms at all, so I was quite surprised when @ 11DPO I got a BFP. We didn't even BD that much.. only twice during my fertile week. 3 days before Ovulation & 1 day before Ovulation. Unfortunately, 4 days after my 1st BFP, the tests started to fade, and blood tests confirmed my HCG levels were falling :cry: was pretty upset. Here's hoping those myths about high fertility after chemicals/miscarriages are true.

Would anybody like to join me in my TWW, I try not to talk to my partner too much, he doesn't get it like us women, and thinks I obsess too much!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xxxx BabyBassy
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
TTC #1 since December '16 :D
1 CP - 4 Feb '17 @ 5 weeks
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 1DPO-AF due approx 10 March.. post chemical-any buddies

Postby belikethesky17 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Bassy,

I'm around the same time as you! My AF is supposedly due around March 9-10 (though, for my cycle, it could be anywhere between March 7-10). I have been using OPK's like CRAZY and I think I finally got a positive yesterday. DH and I have been at it frequently so hopefully we got our window covered :rofl:

So, I might be 1DPO today? I'm going to try another OPK test this afternoon and see what happens. If it's even darker than yesterday, I'm assuming my ovulation is today or tomorrow. But if it got lighter, then i'll assume I ovulated yesterday...I think I'm driving myself nutso with this haha. I'm CD18 today.

We are TTC #1 right now, technically only the first month of trying (last month would have been a whoops, we got a little ahead of ourselves haha).

I'm feeling like this "two week wait" is more like 1 months wait. This month has been EXTREMELY long. And now there's still 2 weeks left to wait and obsess over potential symptoms? Crap. hahah

Anyway, I'm right there with you!!
-Jackie
Me: Jackie 31
DH: 31
MC: 1/26/15 7 weeks
TTC#1
belikethesky17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyBassy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi Jackie,

Yaaay! Someone to join me =) Yes i assume AF is due 10 March for me..My BF has tried to make me promise that I wont test until AF is late.. and we have to do it together (which means I cant surprise him :cry: ). I really don't know if i'm going to be able to wait until 10 March!

This is only our 3rd cycle TTC #1. I came off birth control in Oct last yr, having been on it for 12 year! Lucky for me, my periods went back to normal straight away, but I dont think I began ovulating properly until January.. Jan & Feb I have been having O pains for 4 days prior to ovulating.. didnt have these pains in November or December.. December, we literally BD'd every day for 8 days in fertile period - no BFP!

I went a bit crazy with OPK testing too.. because we haven't really felt like BD'ing much this time :( BF has said sometimes it feels like a chore. I understand.. it really depends on what mood he is in, as Dec and Jan he wanted to BD all the time. So I kept testing OPKs to make sure they were fading after I got my positive! I didn't want to have to keep telling him we needed to BD one more time! :rofl: :rofl: Luckily, they started to fade yesterday.

Yes the TWW definitely feels alot longer. And we are only beginners in this game! Very glad we can ride out these two weeks together!!

My name is April by the way, and i live in Brisbane Austalia! We have no other kiddies, this will be our first :mrgreen:
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby belikethesky17 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi April!

Yes! So happy to have a buddy.

I keep testing with my opks too...I'm so confused by them! Pretty sure my surge was a few days ago...But I'm still getting lines. I do think they are fading though...I always think my eyes are playing tricks on me tho.
I've become a poas addict haha.

Also, it's good to know that someone else's partner also is feeling that way! pretty sure DH also is feeling like it's getting to be a chore...We ha e DTD so many times this month just to cover our bases lol.

So, if I O'ed yesterday...I'm DPO 1-2...Sigh, so many more days to wait. I have a huge pack of the 10miu pregnancy tests though so I'll likely start peeing on more sticks soon.

Australia! I've always wanted to visit! Looks very beautiful.
I'm from the States and we live in Colorado, near Denver.

Got married in October but have been together/living together/bought house together for quite a while. We feel it's time for a baby and we are both 31 so we hope we have one soon. I hope!
TTC#1
belikethesky17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyBassy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Hey!

Nice to hear from ya =) I have also just bought a huge pack of pregnancy tests from ebay :rofl: they will hopefully arrive in a few days. Its Monday here in Oz and today I am 4DPO.. nothing huge to report. Although I had a really vivid pregnancy dream Friday night, and I recall having those early on with my chemical. However, from everything that I've read, I don't think its possible to have any symptoms until after implantation. I'm just keeping a log of them anyway :wink: Just lots of creamy CM, no feelings in the tummy though.

We still haven't BD'd since my fertile days :) its been nice not thinking about it! Just lots of cuddles in bed. I think next cycle i'm not going to tell BF about what day i'm up to etc.. just try to jump him on the right days! So I am getting my progesterone levels checked this cycle, so i'll be getting a blood test done on Friday.. approx 7 days from ovulation. I have a gyno that I see and she was curious to get it checked out. Hopefully I have O'd successfully! Still not really getting my hopes up for this cycle. I'd be pretty lucky if I managed to also conceive this time.

Congrats, you newlyweds! :) We have been living together for approx 1 yr, been dating for 2 yrs. Hoping to buy a house before the year is over, actually have a financial planner coming over this evening!

April x
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby belikethesky17 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 pm

4dpo, ugh lucky, I think I'm only at 2dpo haha. It figures that time has gone by way quick the last couple months but when it actually came time to start trying for a baby it's just dragging. I think about whether or not I'm pg just about every hour!

If you're 7dpo at the doctor, will the blood test be able to tell you if you are PG or not yet? I thought I read somewhere that it can show up way early in the blood.

I keep thinking every symptom is pregnancy, but in actuality I don't think I'm actually experiencing anything out of the ordinary at all.

I just want to fast forward to next week so I can maybe feel some symptoms :)
TTC#1
belikethesky17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyBassy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Hey!

My 7DPO bloods are just for progesterone, and I think whether you are pregnant or not, they should be elevated. So I dont think its an indication of pregnancy. If it was a HCG test however.. then that would definitely tell me whether i'm pregnant.
I guess with the chemical last month, I want to make sure that I have a healthy level of progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. Hoping thats not the reason for the chemical... so fingers crossed I get good numbers 8)
I definitely think time goes quicker on the weekends! When i'm not really busy at work, I find myself googling alot.. thinking alot.. counting the days.. On Friday I was already telling myself "ok on Monday you will be 4DPO April, it will come so quickly!" And it did haha. And it definitely drags on even more when you have a long cycle =( mine is around 33-34 days!
I'm having zero symptoms. I didnt have any last month until around 12DPO. Just started to feel very tired and bloated.
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby belikethesky17 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Ooh, I see. I'm not exactly sure I quite understand chemical pregnancies...Gonna have to look it up more.

I've had some problems with hormones about a year ago. Prolactin was high and progesterone a bit on the low side. I seemed to fix it with Vitamix tincture. It seriously worked wonders.

So now I'm 3dpo (maybe 4, not sure anymore) and I definitely have felt off today. Hoping I'm not getting sick. Experiencing extreme extreme exhaustion. It's 8pm and I swear I could have been in bed an hour ago. If it's sickness, I hope it doesn't affect implantation.

Of course, googling doesn't ease my worries :D

Hope all is well with you today!
TTC#1
belikethesky17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyBassy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Hey lovely,

A chemical pregnancy is basically a very early miscarriage.. and its called a "chemical" because thats the only way it was ever detected - via HPTs.. and it was never detected on an ultrasound.. so when I had mine, i lost it at just before 5 weeks. I see that you had a miscarriage in 2015? :cry: :cry:

I am 6DPO today.. and I don't really have much report. I'm not feeling any symptoms, though its too early to feel them anyway! All I am having is a tonne of creamy CM. I have decided to start temping (very random considering i'm towards the end of this cycle!) and my temp today was 36.25/97.25. I wont really have much to compare to, i'll just see if it dips before AF is due..then I guess that could mean I am out for this cycle! But I will try to carry on temping every morning next cycle. Do you temp?

Hope you arent getting sick!!! Thinking of ya!
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby belikethesky17 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi April!

Hope all is well with you today.
I'm sorry about your CP.
Yep, MC a couple years ago. We weren't trying then and was a COMPLETE surprise. It's kind of why I don't exactly know what symptoms to look for...I had no idea until my missed period! After that I could look back and see sypmtoms but I can't remember which days, etc. We decided to wait after that until we got married...and welp, nows the time haha.

I haven't been doing temping...it seems like such a chore lol. Do you use one of those apps like fertility friend?

I don't think I'm getting sick, thankfully. The other night was WAY weird. I felt like I was totally getting ill. I was so hot, achey, super sleepy and then had delirious half-awake/half-asleep dreams. My DH tried to cuddle me around 11pm (I was half sleeping for hours before that) and I was so uncomfortable in my skin that I said "I love you, but I REALLY don't want to be touched right now" LOL. He took it well. But damn, I really thought I was getting the flu. Thankfully I seem fine now.
Now getting a lot of creamy cm...is that a good sign? I don't remember if thats what I get before AF usually. I really should have been watching more closely before this!! hahaha.

Also, because i'm a POAS addict and I just got a billion ovulation and HPT tests in the mail...I started testing today 5dpo/6dpo. Obviously, BFN. I was dumb for testing this early...but...i'm an addict :D

Anyway - any updates on your end??
TTC#1
belikethesky17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyBassy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Hey Jackie :mrgreen:

Ohh we sound so similar! I also just received a MILLION internet cheapies of HPT's and OPK's in the mail :rofl: AND I ALSO did a HPT yesterday :rofl: :doh: BNF! Obvi!! So funny. I knew it would be LOL. Last month I got the BFP @ 11DPO.. on an internet cheapie.. i'm only 7DPO today.. no symptoms. I didnt test any earlier last month, so i'm not sure if I would have gotten a BFP on say 10DPO, but I do know that the line was SUPER faint @ 11DPO..
In the next few days, i'm hoping implantation will happen for us both! I will probably do another test this afternoon, just for the hell of it haha.

I have been having pretty vivid dreams and still having heaps of creamy CM, every day since ovulation. I don't really know if thats a sign (I also haven't taken too much notice in previous cycles :/ ) but if you google "creamy CM before BFP", then most opinions say its a good sign :wink:

I do have fertility friend.. its really good, although you do have to pay for it. I have been temping the last three mornings. This morning my temp went up a bit (97.25 to 97.87), but I'm trying not to look into it too much. Do you use any apps?

So sorry about your miscarriage. I got pregnant unexpectedly when I was just 17 with my BF of 4 months.. I had a termination :cry: I was so young and didn't once entertain the thought of keeping it. I'm quite sure when I went for the termination, I was 8 weeks along. I didn't realise I was pregnant/had no symptoms until well after a missed period..

What do you for work Jackie? I'm a legal secretary. Sit at a desk all day! Not very good when I have the internet and google @ my fingertips!!
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby belikethesky17 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:13 am

Hey again,

Tested again today haha. BFN. I should probably stop doing that...
One of my closest friends just messaged me that she's pregnant. First month of trying...she sent me the pic of the HPT. I'm happy for her but quite upset right now. I don't feel ANY symptoms at all.
Is it bad that her good news made me upset? She already has one child...she's 1.5 years old.

Ugh. Ok, bad start to my day, just needed to vent :(
TTC#1
belikethesky17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyBassy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Hey Jackie..

Oh please don't feel guilty about the way that you're feeling. I feel the same way, and SO many other women do too. You are not a bad person for feeling that way.

When we decide we want kids, I think (especially for women), all of a sudden we begin to desire it SO MUCH. We ache for it. So to hear that someone else is having that very thing so easily.. so early.. without so many BFN's along the way.. oh gosh it hurts and pull at our jealousy strings! You will get your BFP my dear.

I tested yesterday afternoon.. BFN. I am only using internet cheapies 25miu. I don't really know what that means, but I know there are some for 10miu, so guessing they are far more sensitive. I'll be testing this afternoon again - 8DPO today. I was having some cramping yesterday afternoon/last night. I am hoping it may have been implantation :| :| but truly have no idea. Tummy is a little tender today, still creamy CM, but not so much as 1DPO-6DPO.

Let me know how you're doing today my friend xxx
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby belikethesky17 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:06 am

Hey April,

Yeah, I know...jealousy is SO hard. I am happy for her, as I know she wanted two kiddos...I just really hope that I get at least 1.

I'm still feeling pretty much nothing and I'm at 7dpo (maybe 8??). No symptoms. It's nearly the weekend, and those tend to feel much slower since I'm not working.

Oh! I forgot to say what I do in real life - I work at a University. I run a Testing Center, primarily for students with Disabilities and I also lead our Academic Coaching program and help students who are struggling. I tend to have SOME downtime (like now, well...i'm procrastinating researching for a presentation haha), so I start googling things...but days tend to go by quickly due to the structure of it. Weekends are a bit harder for waiting.

For the miu...I just know that that's how sensitive the tests are. I bought a ton of cheapies online that are 10miu. Been testing...again. Still BFN.

Anyway - how are you doing today?
TTC#1
belikethesky17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyBassy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey Jackie,

How are you doing? Sorry I haven't responded in a few days. Had a pretty busy day yesterday, we went to a friends place and had an afternoon swim in their pool then stayed for dinner. Had a strange night afterwards though :|

We DTD last night but I start spotting half way through :cry: I am very confused this morning! Its seems too early.. AF isn't due for me until Thursday. Yesterday was 10DPO.. I normally have a 15 day luteal phase. It hasn't turned into full on AF yet.. and its brown. So odd! I have put in a tampon this morning and I guess I will check it in a few hours.. I don't have any pains or anything. Arghhh. I don't normally spot before AF. It usually just comes in full force. Even though today is CD31 for me (my cycles are normally around 33 days), I ovulated a few days later this cycle.. so if I count 15 days from ovulation, then AF isn't due till Thursday. But given the early miscarriage last month, I don't know whether that has stuffed up my cycle.. maybe shortened it.. I started to panic thinking bleeding @ 10DPO means my luteal phase is now too short.. I don't know!! Anyway, I am about to call my gyno to get my progesterone level results.. if I can speak to her, i'll also tell her whats happened and see what she says.

But, I guess I have to be honest with myself and assume that I am out for this cycle :cry:

How are you going...
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups