Won't Give Up... 30 & Up TTC'ers

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Won't Give Up... 30 & Up TTC'ers

Postby GaLady » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:32 pm

It's been a long time since i've been on a ttc blog. I convinced myself it was easier to go through this alone vs always being the 1 in the ttc group who didnt end up with a baby. Always the short end right?.. Recently i've had a change of heart, while it always suck to not get that positive after months, years, in my case a decade or trying,. i've found it therapeutic in some way to talk to other women like me who are still trying for baby. It's not that we arent happy for those who finally get those golden beta numbers, (success stories make us happy,.. gives us hope) It's just that, after the rush of happiness we are then faced with the reality that we are still trying. When is our turn? Prayer helps but the clock is ticking... So about me... I'm 34, DH is 36. We've been TTC for 2 years (Anovulation, High FSH 16, Low AMH 1.3, Endo, and Irregular 40,50,90+ day cycles kinda irregular :0..) I also TTC with my late husband, we tried for 8 years with no success, and 1 spontaneous pregnancy that ended in miscarriage @ 7 weeks. So as you see i'm not working with the best hand.. But I do have one thing, Hope. And I won't give up. One day I will hold my baby and look in her eyes and know she/he was worth the wait.

2017- I have decided to try IVF. It's going to give us the best odds. Until then, I'm going to try to get my hormones in balance. Today is CD3 and I've been taking Maca (gelatinzed 1tsp- 5G) for 3 days now. I heard it does wonders. Once a week im taking 10,000 of D3, and a few times a week CoQ10 Ubiquinol. I'll Still take prenatals and take my prescribed medications (xarelto- due to deep vein thrombosis yes i know it's risky to ttc). I know you are supposed to find peace when something doesnt go as planned,.. but I can not and will not accept a life of childlessness. Infertility is the worst thing that can happen to anyone... This time im giving it all I got. Join me?
GaLady

Re: Won't Give Up... 30 & Up TTC'ers

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:28 am

Im glad you decided to join,l always was the one in the group whiteout a bfp but thankfully Ivf helped us and im now pregnant with twins 16weeks.
Good luck!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:41 am

Good luck! I'm 33 (don't remind me) DH is 34 and we've been trying for a year. Nothing wrong with me, DH has his SA tomorrow. So we shall see!
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March 207: Clomid BFN
April 2017: Clomid BFN
May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with DOR.
August 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mari Mo04 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:43 am

Hope it's ok if I chime in. I'm 34 (will be 35 next month) and have been ttc for 25 months with 5 early miscarriages. No issues with me or DH, so fall into that frustrating "unexplained" category. I'm definitely ready to have my sticky one!
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby adawnishness » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:47 am

Hi. I am 35. Dh is 39. We have been married since '99. Never used any form of birth control. Been actively trying for 12 years. He has that mentality if it is ment to be it will be. I finally have a obgyn appt the 15 of June to do the full workup.
adawnishness
Friend

Postby mbt50 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:42 pm

I am 36. DH is 39. We have been trying to conceive off and on for 13 years. This year we finally took the plunge and started seeing an RE for testing so we could move forward.

Bloodwork, SA, ultrasound/follicle count, HSG....All came back normal except my follicle count was a little low (4 on each side). But I'm definitely ovulating and everything else looks great. So we were diagnosed with the dreaded "unexplained" infertility.

Last month started taking CoQ10, Vitamin C, Acai berry, and Vitamin D (all were recommeded by my RE). I was already taking pre-natal vitamins.

RE recommended doing 2 rounds of monitored clomid/IUI and if that doesn't work we will discuss other options.

So...we are just waiting on AF to show so we can start the first IUI cycle. AF should be here around the 28th. Of course, I'm still holding onto the hope that the HSG I had a few weeks ago cleaned out my tubes enough to get pregnant this month so we don't have to go through the IUI. But I know that's doubtful.

GaLady - Are you in Georgia? I live in a suburb of Atlanta and work in Atlanta.
Me: 36
DH: 39
TTC #1 on and off for 11 years

2/16/17: DH had SA...came back normal
3/4/17: HSG...All Clear

Mar: all natural; BFN
Apr: IUI Cycle #1 - 100mg Clomid, Pregnyl(trigger) - BFN
May: IUI Cycle #2 - 150mg Clomid

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby irelandsmama05 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi there everyone!

I am new to this board. Hopefully you will let me join you! :)

I am 37, married (14 years) and have an 11 year old DD. While we havent prevented pregnancy since we had our daughter, we are on clomid again, hoping for a #2. I do have PCOS, dont have a long luteal phase and I am currently crampy and its driving me nuts. I am within the O stage or possibly in the 2ww depending on how the CM is read on my chart.

My hsg came out clear, and I did clomid at the beginning of this month. I currently also take metformin for the PCOS to keep my cycles regular.

I am in Maryland, the southern end. Either way- all the people I was on the journey with, have had multiple other kids or are not ttc anymore. Yet, we are not done! I hope I can meet some friendly faces and
irelandsmama05
Friend

Postby mbt50 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:24 am

Irelandsmama - is your clomid cycle monitored? Do you know when AF is due? Fingers crossed!

Mari - I'm totally with you on the frustration of "unexplained". It sucks.

sunshine - did you get the results of the SA?

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby irelandsmama05 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 am

mbt50 wrote:Irelandsmama - is your clomid cycle monitored? Do you know when AF is due? Fingers crossed!

My clomid cycle is not monitored per say. It is monitored by me- as it is not time for us to move on to IUI. Once we move on to that, then it will be watched. Basically it is monitored through my fertility chart. Currently it is stating that AF is due the first part of April. I am "apparently" and I say that loosely.. I was in my green fertile as of Sunday to yesterday- but I actually got EWCM 7 days before that. SO what gives, right? Sighs are so crazy
irelandsmama05
Friend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:19 am

mbt - I did! SA was normal. I started Clomid this cycle and I'm on CD9 now. Now it's waiting for O...
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March 207: Clomid BFN
April 2017: Clomid BFN
May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with DOR.
August 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mbt50 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am

sunshinepgh84 wrote:mbt - I did! SA was normal. I started Clomid this cycle and I'm on CD9 now. Now it's waiting for O...

Yay! I'll be doing 100mg of Clomid starting either Day 3 or 5 of my next cycle. I'm supposed to call the RE the day I start my period and they will tell me at that time whether to start on Day 3 or 5. But I have another week before I'm supposed to start my period. And the days are just dragging on....

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby adawnishness » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:29 pm

6Dpo today. Yesterday I had a huge pain? Cramp? In the uteran region. Never before felt that kinda pain. Lasted 20 min or so. Hoping I can beat the Ob appointment.
adawnishness
Friend

Postby mbt50 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:41 pm

adawnishness wrote:6Dpo today. Yesterday I had a huge pain? Cramp? In the uteran region. Never before felt that kinda pain. Lasted 20 min or so. Hoping I can beat the Ob appointment.

I am 8/9 DPO today. I had some bad cramps yesterday and boob pain the night before (which I never get). Hoping I can avoid the IUI and save myself some $$, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. When do you think you will test? I'm trying to wait until Tues the 28th since that is when AF is due.

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby adawnishness » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Af due the 30th. Wish I could say I have enough will power not to test till then. Prob test Saturday or Sunday if I know my self. :)
adawnishness
Friend

Postby banana78 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm one of the oldest TTC warriors in these parts it seems. I'm 38 and getting awfully close to 39. I got a late start in life and we're working with doctors to determine what's up with DH's sperm issues. I always imagined two children and now I'll be happy to have just one. 4dpo and not expecting any miracles.
Me (Jo): 38 / DH: 42 in Toronto

TTC since 10.01.14 (with breaks) MFI
banana78
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups