2018 Babies

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2018 Babies

Postby bumblebee88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:27 am

AF showed up right on schedule today... I am CD 1 on my 11th month TTC after Depo wear off (last shot FEB 2016).

Next possible due date is 01/08/18... can't believe I'm looking at a different calendar year now. :(

Anyways, looking for other TTCers to keep me sane! Let's get acquainted! How long have you been TTC and where are you in current cycle?
bumblebee88

Re: 2018 Babies

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:34 am

Bumblebee- Me too. Been TTC for a little over a year now. I'm on my first cycle with Clomid and I think I'm 3 DPO. It wasn't a very clear ovulation for me, so I don't really know. I'm afraid I'll be joining you with a hope for a 2018 baby.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March 207: Clomid BFN
April 2017: Clomid BFN
May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with DOR.
August 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bumblebee88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:10 pm

Aw! 3DPO is still early. Don't count yourself out yet!
bumblebee88

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:07 pm

I'm in the 2018 boat too! I'm supposed to O this week, but my CF isn't looking very fertile right now. I haven't been TTC very long. My son was born in September and we've been trying 3 months I guess. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility and had to do IUI with letrazole for our son. Now we're trying on our own for a while to see what happens. I'm not very optimistic though. FX! Looks like we're at different points in our cycle. BTW, my cycles are very long (around 35-40 days usually).
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pdxqueer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:26 pm

This is my first post on this site.

Sorry to hear that you're looking at a new calendar year, that has got to be disheartening.

And I agree 3DPO is way too early to throw in the towel!

My partner and I just starting TTC using frozen, traditional, at-home insem. (Although the process of researching, getting registered and shipping and charting and whatnot has been months now.) I am just now learning what the TWW is and I am finding it much harder than I expected! I had to take it to the internet to connect with others who are in a similar boat. Glad to have found you! I'm 5DPO....
Working on our first!
Me: 32 (will carry this one)
Her: 33
pdxqueer
Friend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 am

Hey ladies.

pdxqueer, the TWW is forever long and crazy, so I hope that you keep yourself distracted as much as possible! That's the only thing that will work for me.

Any news from anyone else?

I think I O'd last week, but I'm not entirely sure (accordingly to FF I should have, so I'm basing it on that). We BD'd every day from Mon-Thur and then again on Friday. CF is dry so I think we'll relax the rest of this cycle. I'm not really thinking about it because the likelihood of us getting pregnant on our own is really low. Doc said it would probably take a year on our own, so I'm not hoping, just going along for the ride. Hopefully we BD'd on the right days this time.

Stay busy ladies!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pdxqueer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:59 am

ScarletWillow, does your name come from Gone With the Wind? Fave movie ever. I throw that puppy on during the rare occasions when I'm 100% done with life in general and it always seems to help. =) Sounds like you guys got a lot of good tries in this cycle. Nice work! Stay positive, docs have been wrong before. I did read in Taking Charge of Your Fertility that folks who are breastfeeding often don't ovulate...and yeah, I think they said up to 1 year. Yet another thing I had no idea about. But then, my brother and I are less than 1 year apart and my mom was breastfeeding so clearly someone is wrong here. ;) What does FF stand for? (I'm SLATA - still learning all the acronyms)

FX for you!

I'm trying to stay distracted but honestly I have just been SUPER angry all. the. time. I don't know if that's a poss. early pregnancy thing or a stress thing or what. There is some neighborhood drama (long story...dumb story) and there's always work drama but I feel extra PO'ed right now. If you go in for astrology, there's about 4 planets in retrograde (including mercury) so it could be that, as well. Who knows! If I get any moodier, I'm going to be fired or served divorce papers or both!! I really need to get my self-care game in order because this is getting nuts.

No news here, just waiting until I guess 10-14DPO to start POAS or get AF. And obsessing over any possible signs. Been uncharacteristically dizzy...discovered that is a sign! Bizzare dreams started tonight...that might be a sign! This is making me feel crazy. =/ I'm at 7DPO....
Working on our first!
pdxqueer
Friend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:26 am

pdxqueer, you are the FIRST person in over a year who has nailed my name from Gone With the Wind! Hahahaha! Yes, its my favorite movie ever too!! I put it on in the autumn-time and snuggle up with a blanket and watch. Ahhhhh they don't make movies like that anymore!

Yes, you are right about the breastfeeding and ovulation. For me, I got my cycle back in January, which was 4 months postpartum. I also only breastfeed at night, so that is why my cycle came back. Since then, my cycles have been very long - about 40 days or so (they were always long for the majority of my life, unless I was on birth control or was on fertility meds). So I AM getting my cycle back, but they are long and a little wonky at first.

FF stands for Fertility Friend. I use the Fertility Friend app on my phone to help determine O day, etc. Unfortunately I haven't been able to track my temps so it hasn't been all that useful. Based on my last cycle, I O'd 3 weeks in my cycle, so FF estimated my O day this cycle at around the same time.

Sorry to hear about neighborhood drama and work drama too! That would make me angry! Unfortunately, after O day, the symptoms are very similar whether you are pregnant or not, so I wouldn't take too much stock in symptoms - my last pregnancy, I had ZERO symptoms whatsoever, so I don't even think about it anymore. The vivid dreams is a good sign though! I used to get crazy vivid dreams when I was pregnant, but that was after the TWW. Don't obsess! Just stay as distracted as possible LOL I'm trying to focus on Easter right now to let the time pass. I took an ovulation test to work to make sure that I already O'd. Who knows? Ugh my body kinda sux.

Any plans coming up? Where are you from? :D
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pdxqueer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:37 am

Scarletwillow, falltime + GWTW is a great combo! Nice.

Breastfeeding at night helps O's come back faster? Interesting. Obviously I'm not there yet so I haven't looked into that bit as much but yeah, when I started doing the math I was like....I'm how old right now? And babies take how long to make? And now this breastfeeding thing is going to hold up my next one for how long? Yikes! Wish they would tell you all of this upfront as part of lady-who-might-want-a-family training. Not a good kind of surprise! Definitely has altered the plan a bit.

I'm glad you're starting back up again, though, that's awesome. 40 days is nice and long. I was 28 but dropped down to 27 in recent years. FF sounds nifty. I have a hard time doing super detailed strategizing on screens so I'm just using an old fashioned paper chart. I also started doing that nutty thing where you save your OPKs and tape them onto a sheet of paper labelled with CD to compare.

We're definitely stepping up our temping game for my next cycle (assuming it comes). I temped in the past before we started trying and it was a pain in the behind. I saw a pretty "normal" looking pattern and I decided meh, it's probably all fine. That was a few years ago. We have mostly been relying on OPKs and CM to determine O but with the pressure on it was nearly impossible to tell which OPK was the peak and which ones were false alarms for this cycle. They don't make it easy! Pretty sure we pulled the trigger too soon this time. With 40 days I'm sure finding your O date is even more of a mystery - just more potential days! And the wonkiness of re-adjusting modes. Did you find it yet?

What kind of Easter plans do you have cooking up? I guess your son is still a little on the young side for Easter egg hunts. ;) It's a good idea to focus on future events to take your mind off TTC, you're right. I'll need to cast around for something else to think about, hm...

I'm on the west coast in Oregon! Still raining here but all of our uncharacteristic snow is gone. =) Lots of wind!! Like wanting to rip your patio roof off type of wind! Yours says Eastern US, must be afternoon for you already.

What CD are you on now? I'm at CD22/8DPO...

Sending baby dust your way!

Any news from anyone else? Are you in the TWW? What CD are you on? What charting method are you using? Are you feeling extra nuts and is it because of PMS, astrology or pregnancy? :rofl:
Working on our first!
pdxqueer
Friend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Hey pdxqueer,

Yeah my cycles are a true mystery lately. I can't really temp because my son wakes up too much at night and it screws up my bbt, and then with the breastfeeding also screwing up my body's cycles, who knows when I really O'd!?! I can only take a wild guess based on the cycle before and a good look at CF, but honestly this cycle I was probably dehydrated and couldn't get a good read based on CF. Sooo I was supposed to O last week and I'm guessing that's what happened. I'm 80% sure i'm in the TWW now, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got this cycle completely wrong. It's very frustrating for sure. I guess I'll find out in another week or so. :?

Old-fashioned paper charts are totally perfect. Taking Charge book has it all in paper charts, so go for it. I really should start temping, but it feels like a waste to try again. With the OPK, you can have multiple peak days in a row (just to make it more complicated! Bah!). My body at some points seem to start up, then stop, then start up again, so that is normal.

Yes, try try try to stay distracted! Focus on the holiday! I'm going to make pineapple upside down cupcakes for Easter, so that'll be my focus on Saturday before Easter. I'm going to my aunt's house that day, nothing crazy. It'll be small and with good food, just the kind of holiday I like. Any Easter plans for you?

I'm on CD32, so I guess another week and I should be done with this cycle. I think we're on the same schedule this time! Yay! I can't predict DPO but I think we're close!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pdxqueer » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:18 am

Scarletwillow, yes - starting up with the peak OPK and then stopping and then starting back up again!! That's exactly what happened to me this month and exactly what causes me to think that we jumped the gun. Frustrating!

That makes total sense that waking up all the time because of the baby is throwing off your temping game. I have heard that some women aren't affected by moving around - like some of them actually CAN get up and make breakfast and do whatever and then temp whenever and get an OK accurate reading. I know that's absolutely NOT what they tell you to do but it makes me wonder if you might not be able to get lucky and get an OK accurate reading even with the nighttime chaos. I would think its worth a try if not in this cycle then at some point when you feel like you might be able to manage it. You've got a lot on your plate right now! I'm sitting here sleeping through the night fine and complaining about ruining my sleep-in days with temping, LOL. I'm a brat. =p

Pineapple upside-down cupcakes is such a cute idea for Easter! I love that. Frosting or no frosting? Sounds like you guys have a sweet get-together planned. I'm planning on grabbing some brunch with a friend of mine on Sunday. I'm in the mood for something trashy like IHOP. =) My wife can't make church because she's working and I don't love going alone so I think we'll skip the big service and just go the week after. I'm thinking of planning a camping trip in the near-future for the distraction factor, sage advice. Maybe some spring cleaning in the garage?

So, because I have no self-control, I completely POAS yesterday for absolutely no reason at all. I know it's too early and did it anyway. =/ BFN. SMH. I think 2 more days before I will even consider testing again, probably should wait more but I'm just being realistic here.

Is nobody else going to give me an update of what's going on this week for them? Bumbleebee88? Sunshinepgh84? How are you ladies doing??

FX for all <3
Working on our first!
pdxqueer
Friend

Postby pdxqueer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 am

Welp, I see crickets here but I thought I post my little piece of (non-exciting) news: 11DPO and still BFN. Any one else have any news??? I'm due for AF in 1-2 days. :?
Working on our first!
pdxqueer
Friend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:52 am

Hey pdxqueer!

Sorry about the delays - its difficult for me to post on the weekends.

AF arrived yesterday (BAHHH!). Oh well. The good thing is that my cycle was a little shorter and more like my pre-pregnancy cycle (35 days). And its more normalized. The bad thing is that we BD'd on the right days and we still got a BFN. Sooooo on to another cycle :( I was a little upset yesterday, but I'm used to the disappointment. I just really really REALLY don't want to go back on fertility meds again to get pregnant. I want us to get pregnant on our OWN, the normal way this time. Maybe I'm just dreaming. Ugh what a bummer. Eventually I know we will get tired of the disappointment and I will go back on fertility medication.

CD2 today and its a little painful. Oh well...maybe we will get pregnant by mother's day time.

How are you doing? Are you on your last days? Any symptoms? Sorry about the BFN but it was a little early so there's hope!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pdxqueer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

Hey Scarletwillow!

Oh snap, that sucks it didn't work out this month. Your cycle is getting super short, I wasn't expecting AF for you for like another week or so! That's really good news. =)

I can totally understand wanting to go as natural as possible and being bummed to not see it working out quickly. I don't think you're dreaming, that DOES happen for folks.

I'm also thinking for myself like...hmmm...maybe I'll step it up to IUIs (and maybe meds) if this whole "natural" thing doesn't work. But it is sad/irritating to think that it's not working naturally. =/

I'm due for AF today but she's no where to be found so far. I'm really not holding my breath, though. It's one BFN after another for me and no real symptoms to speak of, either. I stopped testing because I blew through all of the cheapies and I only have the $16 3 pack from Walgreens now so testing isn't as financially trivial as it was with the cheapies. I need to re-order a batch of cheapies online ASAP! Last BFN was CD11. I started temping again and it's so low! 97.5 - 97.7 I run low but I'm like....isn't it supposed to be higher right now before AF, pregnant or no? What is happening?! I'm curious to see where it goes during AF. If it drops lower still I'm officially dead. =p

Calling the bank in a few days to re-order and start over again. =/

Hoping AF passes quickly for you. On the bright side, our cycles are getting closer together! =)
Working on our first!
pdxqueer
Friend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Hey pdxqueer,

I hope that AF stays away for you! If not...on to ANOTHER cycle! Ugh. What CD are you now?

How long do you plan on trying naturally before doing IUI/meds? Do you have a calendar or plan in mind?

Yeah I stopped testing early because it always ended in disappointment. Now I have lots of cheapies that I never use! I won't test with cheapies unless I am very late, like 3 or 4 days late lol which just about never happens.

My hormones are all screwed up today. I was OK this morning but now I'm kinda depressed and sad. I was really hoping that my body figured things out and I don't have to go to "medical" route to get pregnant again. I want to be surprised! :( Ehhhh I know we haven't been trying very long yet and my body is still recovering, but I'm already thinking that this won't work without IUI/meds. :doh:
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups