2017/2018 Baby Buddies (9)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2017/2018 Baby Buddies (9)

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:56 pm

This is a continuation of the previous 2017 Baby Buddies thread found here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=246151

New peeps, please read:

This is an established buddy group that is getting very large. We have been going by our first names just to get to know each other better, but it's getting hard to keep up with everyone! If you'd like to join, feel free, all are welcome. But be warned that you might feel kind of lost in a sea of people who know each other pretty well and you might want to consider starting a new group. :) We have a lot of people join and then disappear, which makes it hard to keep the members list current, so please only join if you are confident that you want to keep up with a busy thread! So, if you feel like you'd like to join, please tell us your first name and introduce yourself!

Rough members list: (I'm adding the most active or established members. If your name isn't on here, it's simply because we haven't heard from you in awhile and I'll add it if you become active on this current thread!)

BeeCee33 Becca
ACS Amy
New girl Bre
Mamaof2 Anita
Mamabear Taylor
Klj Kathy
HopefulRosey Rosey
Libby Libby
Crps Dawn
Amber Amber
Charli Charli
NSP Nikki
Kjohnell Kat
Veronica Veronica
KitKat Katie
Hulamom Carmen
Thirdnerd Kathryn
TwoToThree Maggie
KittyKat Kat
Kmary Kiera
SEL Simone
Nm51314 Natalie
Thedoglady Edel
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 2017/2018 Baby Buddies (9)

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Well ladies, BFPs this next cycle will result in 2018 babies for most of us, so I adjusted the title to suit!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Okay! I have decided to stop stalking the heck out of you all and join if I may. You guys seem so sweet, nice and knowledgeable and I like the way that when one of you gets your BFP, you stick around. I think I just really need support throughout this whole process and to offer it back. I tried to start a thread in the over 40's section some time ago but it is pretty much dead down there!

So, I'm Simone, 43 (gulp) and have been TTC since I (madly) decided at 40 that I would like another. If I do have a successful pregnancy, it will be my first with my current DH. I have three grown up children. We are trying on our own for another three months and then we are off to try IVF in July. I think I will perhaps have better luck there. I have had numerous chemicals, never got further than 7+2 weeks. I have low progesterone and a crappy lining unless I take estrogen before O and progesterone after so I do just that.

Becca - Am I mad or do I see lines on your latest test that you posted on the other thread? Hoping she stays away from you!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi Simone, of course you can join us! I honestly couldn't tell you if there were lines on any of my tests... I have been staring at them under different light, inverting the pictures, and all around driving myself crazy. My line eye has gotten so bad that I seriously can't tell. I have to keep reminding myself that whether I think I see something or not, it's not my BFP today.

Last cycle was my first miscarriage and it sure makes this cycle feel different. I feel desperate to get pregnancy back, even if it's not the same one. Like if I get my BFP, I will have "fixed" my sadness. I fear that if AF shows up, it's not going to feel like it used to, but rather like losing that pregnancy all over again. :( It's an odd feeling, and making me feel more crazy than usual during the tww.

I just took another test, hoping that maybe afternoon urine was my ticket to a bfp, but nope. There really is nothing there. I may just wait for AF (should be here tomorrow or Monday) at this point, as I don't think I can take seeing any more negative tests. I'm sure you've been there, too.

I'm sorry to hear of your losses. Do they know what is causing you to miscarry?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Newgirl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Welcome Simone! Sorry about your rough go at TTC.

Libby-your symptoms sound promising! Fx that this is your sticky rainbow!

Becca I know it doesn't help saying it because I've been hearing it forever but your bfp will come soon.

Currently I'm 7dpo. I'll be testing maybe towards the end of next week but I'm on the fence about which day. AF is due thursday-ish. I'm optimistic bfp or bfn but I'm sure that'll change if I get a bfn lol.

Who else is still in the tww?
Bre & Andrew
TTC since March 2016
MC @ 7w4d 9/30/16
BFP - 5/27/17
EDD 2/5/18
Newgirl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KittyKat414 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Welcome Simone!! Glad you're joining us! I've been stalking you a bit. LOL

Becca- Sorry about the BFN. :( I felt that way about testing this cycle with the long LP. I tested 3-4 times and it was too much for me seeing those BFNs. I just had to stop and wait. That's why I stopped temping too. My Chart was looking so good but I knew AF was on her way.. It sucks.. :hugs:

How is EOE?
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Thedoglady » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:29 am

Hi everyone
I'm new. Name is Edel. 1st month officially ttc currently 4dpo. I'm nearly 30, fiancé is 37 this will (hopefully) be our 1st baby
Thedoglady

Postby Crps369 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:21 am

Welcome Simone and Edel!
Crps369
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LibbyMac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:15 am

Welcome Simone and Edel and our other Newbie, so sorry, I can't go back and check your name without discarding my reply :(

Becca I know what you mean, I cried just as hard over my first AF after MC as I did when I Mc'd, it's more the reminder of what you went through a couple of weeks ago and if AF shows it definitely will be tough but try not to put such pressure on yourself to "fix" it, you'll get your BFP, we all will FX

AFM, same again, 16DPO, AF is now 5 days late, it was at 16 DPO that I got my BFP before my MC and I am now REALLY regretting not bringin a test on vacation with me, Wednesday seems AGES away now! My boobs aren't as sore as they were a few days ago but Hubby just said there "you're boobs are all vein-y underneath" which I hadn't noticed

Please don't come AF, please stay away

Xxx
LibbyMac
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kjohnell » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:22 am

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I've been quiet as of late. Work and life just got busy all of a sudden! I got a semi promotion at work - which is great but it just means more work. And work sucks.. Haha! Also, we are in the process of trying to buy our first home.

I enjoyed reading everyone's updates!

Welcome Simone and Edel!

Veronica, congrats on your BFP! Hoping and praying for a sticky little bean for you! Can't wait to read more updates!

Becca, I definitely see some lines on those tests! It's tricky though with those Wondfos so I definitely understand your hesitation. They have a tendency to always give me evaps. That or I just have a really keen eye for lines! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Libby! 5 days late!? If I were 5 days late I would be freaking out. Hoping she continues to stay away for you and you get your BFP!

AFM - I am waiting at the RE for DH swimmers to get liquified so that we can go for IUI round #2!! Apparently, one of the nurses forgot to schedule my X-ray this cycle and so we will have to wait until next cycle b/c it needs to be done between CD8-12. I don't think it will reveal anything though. I don't suspect that I have any tube blockages. Also, my thermometer broke so I'm in the dark right now on temps. I'm going to buy a new one - any suggestions on brand?
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Kat): 33
DH: 29
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/2017!!!
kjohnell
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 am

Welcome Edel!

Libby, things are looking soooo good for you! I can't wait for you to get home and test! How's India treating you?!

I feel much better today. I'm sure I'll be upset when AF shows, but I've pretty much accepted that she's going to. My temp didn't plummet today, which is actually kind of annoying. If it did, I would at least have my answer! Instead it dropped mid-way. Some months I've had a drop for AF gradually over two days, some days it's just one sudden plunge. My best guess is that my temp is in the way down and AF will be here tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm not testing today, just waiting things out.

Hey Kat! I'm hoping this is your cycle! I got my bbt thermometer at Target for like $7. I'm not sure what brand, but they don't have to be fancy. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:55 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Well we had some action here today. DH and I were up having or morning coffee and we saw an Amish man walking around on the road (there are lots of Amish families where we live). So DH went out there because the man was waving at him through the window from the street, beckoning DH to come out. Anyhoo, it turned out that the man's horse had fallen in the road whilst pulling the buggy and it was just lying there making noises. I felt really bad. We called the vet and he came and managed to get the horse up and moving. I was so happy because we thought it would have had to have been put to sleep, but thankfully not.

Becca - still holding out hope for you. Even though it is a drop, it is still up there. FX for you. I totally hear you on the sadness fixing issues, I have been through the same thought pattern myself. You always hear of people saying that you are more fertile after a loss and I used to kind of hold on to that only to be let down when it didn't happen. I hear ya too on the negative tests. Sometimes, you just know that AF is coming but it doesn't help that I am the Queen of evaps in the time limit as well so there was alot of false hope given there to me as well at times. I think I just might be one of those women who have a small amount of HCG in their system all the time and it sometimes shows up in a test, but now I know that about me it has helped me be more discerning.

My fertility problems have been put down to lining issues and "not the best" progesterone levels hence the meds which work well for me. It also could be my 'old lady eggs' as well lol but DH's swimmers are good so that is something. I really think IVF is our best shot but I am trying to get lucky in the meantime to see if we can save some money because it is all out of pocket (we have bad insurance). :roll:

Bre - good luck in your tWW - you're halfway through it.

Libby - OMG, I would be going crazy by now. Roll on Wednesday and yay on the veiny boobs lol! India sounds like a lovely place to visit. How hot is it right now?

Edel - good luck to you as well in the TWW. Hoe you strike it lucky in the first month.

Hi EOE - :hi:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:15 am

Hey ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well! Welcome to all the new ladies!
I haven't been posting consistently as I've been trying to take a breather and not obsess so much about ttc. But I'm remaining positive and praying that this'll be my month!!

Becca I pray that whatever the outcome is, you'll find peace! Thankfully you don't have problems conceiving so I believe your BFP will come soon!!

Libby can't you sneak And buy a test in India?! :wink: I sooo think you're pregnant!

Veronica where are you? How is everything going?

I have to go back and get familiar with everyone's names so I can do more personals....but how is everyone else doing? Where is everyone currently in their cycle?

Afm: 5dpo and just waiting...nothing to write home about but I'm feeling pretty good about this cycle!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:28 am

Wow, Simone, what a morning! I'm so glad they got the horse up and moving!

It stinks that IVF is so expensive. :( I hope that dh's super sperm meet one of your old lady eggs before it comes to that lol. Really, though, I hope you get that bfp.

I'm feeling a bit better today having not tested. I guess in a way it allows me to be hopeful for a miracle or a surprise. Even if I don't get it, it sure is a better way to pass to the weekend feeling a bit hopeful rather than just plain depressed.

I feel weird today. I don't feel pregnant, but I don't feel like AF is knocking on my door either. I do feel uncomfortably bloated and I'm having some weird gas pain type feelings on my sides between my hip bones and ribs. I still kind of assume AF is coming by tomorrow, but gosh I'm hoping I'm wrong!

I also had high hopes for increased fertility this month, and yes, I think that's going to make it worse if AF shows. I never knew how much mc changes the tww experience. :( I'm hoping it gets a little easier after this first cycle.

Nikki, hi! I hope this is your cycle!
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LibbyMac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:14 pm

India is incredible guys!

Granted, we're doing it in a whole other way to most people! DH won employee of the year in work and the trip to India was part of his prize, there are 40 employees here plus their partners makes 80 of us in total and everything is the absolute lap of luxury so we might be getting the most authentic of experiences but it's definitely a once in a lifetime thing!

It's really hot though Simone in answer to your question, we don't operate in F but I've been told we're in the high 90's, which for little old DH and I, from Ireland, that's pretty damn hot!

When you combine that, with the 14 hours of travel to get here, the jet lag, the food, the alcohol, the late nights and early starts, all that sort of stuff, there's a ton of reasons why AF could be late

So I'm really trying to keep a level head

But it's literally all I can do to not step out and ask our driver to bring me to a pharmacy so I can buy a test!!!
LibbyMac
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups