12 month ttc buddies #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 12 month ttc buddies #4

Postby BethH » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi Sunshine, I am sorry you are feeling rough. Did they provide normal ranges? Without the units it's hard to get a sense.
I know my AMH was 10 and the doctor said 16 would be normal so the units must be different.
I hope that you and DH will be able to move up your appointment, that's frustrating to not to get the interpretation from the physician.

Nicksy - any updates?

AFM - I have developed a Bartholin's cyst (google at your own risk). I've had them before but never this big. They're usually around pea sized, this one is more like a large grape. It doesn't hurt, but it Dr. google says to refrain from sex until it has resolved.......... so this sort of makes BDing hard this month. I am afraid it'll get worse if we do have sex. Oh well, I am feeling so overwhelmed with the move and everything else that I am happy to take a break....
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Mom0fone » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 am

Nickysy, good luck with your eggs! FX this step leads to your LO. <3

Sunshine - sorry to hear you're feeling down, try not to self interpret your results though, maybe you're overthinking?? You never know, try to stay optimistic or at least passive so you don't stress too much. Hugs!

Beth - I didn't google your cyst yet but I hope it clears up quickly so you can get back to normal routine bding. Enjoy your new home in the interim!

AFM - it's 3 am, I woke up to pee and now I'm just awake because the little guy has some serious hiccups. Hopefully I'll fall back asleep or tomorrow will be rough! We're searching for and interviewing nannies, they want SO MUCH money in our neighborhood. I think because our city is considered upper-middle class and up (merely by the city's status, 80% of the residents are normal income families!!!) the nannies who come here think we're going to pay them $40k/year with paid vacations and all kinds benefits. I'm over here like uhhh, I can't give you a huge hunk of my salary, I don't live in a mansion on the lake and we're not rich. Lol. Those lake-livers who are stay at home parents with full time nannies are really screwing the rest of us normal people! Interviewing a lady tomorrow, FX she's nice and normal bc she sounded sort of weird on the phone so now I'm not sure. Ha!
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:16 am

Thanks. I'm trying to be positive.

My FSH level should be 10 or under and my AMH level should be at 1 or higher. My numbers aren't the worst, but not the best either indicating that my reserve is low.

I also got my results from my post opk+ testing. These ones are a little harder to understand. My LH was 27.3, my E2 was 219 and my progesterone was 2. The ranges were a little vague and based only on luetal or pre-ovulatory and it seemed like maybe I wasn't in the luetal phase quite yet? We are consulting with a friend who is an OB later.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
December IVF - BFP
Beta #1 - 135, Beta #2 - 227
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nickysy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:26 am

Sunshine: Sorry to hear about your numbers. Hugs... I think they aren't the worst though. I have a friend who had a way higher FSH, and lower AMH, but still managed to get preggo with IVF. Your numbers seem closer to limits. So hopefully, you should be ok. Though not being able to meet physician before August 1 sucks. Try to push for an earlier appointment. If you need help from science, it better be there asap. Talk as much as you want here.

Beth: I hope you feel better soon. Your cyst doesn't sound nice at all!!

Mom: Good luck in finding a nanny Def seems way too costly. What part of world do you stay at??

AFM:
All 8 eggs fertilized. Today there were 4 at grade A, and another 4 at grade 2. They are planning to freeze them tomorrow. Will get to know the status. Not a very happy number. But hoping that atleast 3-4 will survive the freeze thaw for our frozen transfer next month.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:48 am

Good luck Nickysy!
Me (33) DH (34)
December IVF - BFP
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nickysy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:27 am

Thanks Sunshine! Keep us posted... Hugs... I hope you are not taking it too hard on yourselves
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mom0fone » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Nickysy this is so exciting! I don't know a lot about retrieval/freezing/IVF but I'm hopeful they all make it and you get a fertilized bean in utero and he/she digs in!!! I live in the US, in some cities childcare is less expensive, in ours it's a little higher because our city has this allusion of wealth bc of the 6 wealthy streets on the lake (ha!!). Daycare for our 8 year old (summer camp) is about $800/month in a center, same center would charge $225/wk for 6wks-18mos then the price decreases slightly until hitting $185 for school agers(they offer private school k-5). It's crazy but you do what you have to for your small humans.
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BethH » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Sunshine - here's hoping for an earlier appointment! I hope your OB friend can offer some reassurance as well :)
Nicksy - thanks for the update! I am so happy that all 8 fertilized! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean with your transfer next month! Sorry I don't know too much about IVF, is there a reason they elected to freeze the embryos first?
Mom - damn that is expensive. My friends in Toronto said they were looking at 2500 CAD/month for childcare (which the internet tells me is $1900 USD at the moment) - so expensive!
Sassa, Nikki we miss you!!
Yeah, this cyst isn't really fun. It doesn't hurt actually, which is good. It's just sort of in the way.....

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:16 am

Thanks all!

OB friend said he was a little concerned by FSH and AMH numbers, but everything else, he thought, was normal. I'm HOPING next week during my blood draw that my progesterone level is in the right range. I definitely FEEL the progesterone kicking in during that part of my cycle so I'm hoping that shows on a blood test.

I got my appointment moved up a few days, I'll keep calling to try to get it earlier. We also have appointment scheduled at another fertility clinic just to see if we can get a second opinion. IN THE MEANTIME, I'm heading to a wellness center today to meet with TCM and acupuncture pro. The stress of all of this (plus general daily life stress) has really taken a toll and so I'm hoping to restore some equilibrium with this. I get stressed out so easily.

Truthfully, I'm terrified to be pumped with drugs for IUI or IVF, but I will do it if it's necessary.
Me (33) DH (34)
December IVF - BFP
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mom0fone » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 am

I'm glad you three ladies have come back again! It was so quiet for so long.

I'm just checking messages at 3:30am because I now just wake up from 2:30-4 EVERY NIGHT, like wide awake. Just trying to fill the time before I can fall asleep for another 2 hours. Lol. I just found a lady from our community babysitting page who has an in home daycare that is significantly less expensive so we'll go meet her Sunday, she sounded super nice and one of her children would be on the same bus as my DD so that's nice. FX her home is clean and she's as sweet as she sounds, I'd love to check this off my list of to-dos. Also, I am freaking starving right now but I don't want to get up and eat because that's ridiculous, it's 3:30am. Haha!
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Nickysy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Beth: Thanks. 6 embi babies made it to freezing (day 3). In general doctors think that due to overload of hormones, uterine receptivity for implantation is lower in fresh cycles. So most clinics are moving towards frozen transfers. Of course it differs from case to case. For me, my progesterone was on a higher side, so doc thought going frizen would be better. Just trusted their decision. I am glad to hear the cyst isn't hurting you though. How long before it completely goes off?

Sunshine: Good luck with upping your appointment date. Like I said, you most probably will be fine with those numbers. Try to trust your body and relax. As far as the drugs for IVF and IUI are concerned, don't be too scared. Have gone through both, and believe me, they aren't bad. We can talk about it in detail when you get there. One step at a time. All you can do, is give your best shot. Good luck with progesterone test.

Mom: I hope be that's the homecare you are looking for. Go and eat all you want.. You deserve it momma!
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Mom: I'm glad the group has gotten active again as well! I agree with Nicksy, might as well get up and have a snack!
Let us know how that home daycare visit goes - hopefully it's a viable option!
Nicksy: woohoo! 6 embryos!! that's super exciting.
Sunshine: I echo what Nicksy said and if you need support do not hesitate to reach out to us. We will get our BFPs, we will have beautiful healthy children one way or another. I believe it will happen.
AFM: Good question, Nicksy, I am not sure. I've never had one this big before. It seems to be going down a bit. We haven't BD'd this month because I am nervous about it but I am having a hard time keeping my hands of my husband hahaha.

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:21 am

Beth: You made me laugh so hard!! Now, even I am hoping your entry way clears out soon..Have fun make out sessions even if you can't go all the way. Time to get creative!:-)
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:23 am

Thanks everyone for the support! TTC can get lonely. I have a good friend who went through IVF and all the works so she's been really great to talk to.

I went to my first acupuncture session. It was interesting. Not sure if you ladies have tried it. If it does nothing except keep my stress at anxiety at bay I deem it to be helpful! I've been reading about acupuncture all the Chinese medicine efforts for fertility. It's interesting for sure. But I feel a little cray cray talking about it lol.

Good luck with your transfer Nickysy. Hope everything goes well!
Beth - glad your cyst isn't too crazy. Sometimes a break from the hubs makes him more irresistible, right? lol
Mom - hi!
Me (33) DH (34)
December IVF - BFP
sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mom0fone » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:34 am

Nickysy super excited for your embryo numbers!! It is really cool to hear about how awesome science is and what we can actually do these days. As a chemist I don't think about biology very often but it's incredible!! Will they implant a few at once or will you have 6 cycles to try then? But I really have my FX for you that the first time is all you need *hugs

Thanks for encouraging my late night snacks, ladies. Lol! I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for weeks (months) but today they're a bit stronger. I'm not even moving much at work today a second my colleague is out and I'm doing his Monday work which is all computer based--these are knocking my wind out a touch. I have to actually breath through them but they're not necessarily painful or anything, just surprising maybe??? Idk. Texted my hubby about it and joked the boy just has to make it to next Thursday bc he's going out of town (2.5-3hr drive) for a trade show this wed or Thursday and won't be back until next week! He said it doesn't matter and just let him know, I don't think he's coming out yet, I was more making a joke. Poor DH, I hope he's not on edge now, he's been getting more touchy and cuddly lately as things become more real. The in home daycare was very nice, we like the woman and my DD said she wants to go there. The only minor issue is they close at 5pm and I would normally get home by 5:30 so I have to ask if I can come and go a half hour early on days I'm in the office. I'm sure my boss won't care, we're super flexible and no ones calling me at the office or anything.
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups