12 month ttc buddies #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 12 month ttc buddies #4

Postby BethH » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 pm

Sunshine: I am sorry that your physician didn't meet your expectations, that's really frustrating. From my brief stint in the infertility world thus far I get the sense that a lot of these docs have very firm ideas about how to go about things. My doc at the last clinic was pretty nonchalant and didn't share my level of anxiety about the situation. I interpreted this as him not caring, but now I wonder if he has seen thousands of women have kids over the years that he knows not to be worried? I did get a very strong sense that he didn't want to do anything that would put me at risk of having multiples. For example, he wanted me to do Femara with IUI but since we were moving we asked if we could do Femara unmonitored. He explained to me that they wouldn't know how I would respond and would be at risk of having multiples if I recruited too many follicles. He made it sound like it was very dangerous to have twins/triplets. When I spoke to a family member who went through IVF they got the same sense from their doctor. Anyways, if you're unhappy then get a new doctor and hopefully you'll have better communication with them. It's important to have good relationships with care providers for sure.

Mom - hahahahahahahahaha sorry about the pee but that's funny. Thanks for sharing :)

Nicksy, Nikki, Sassa - how are you ladies?

AFM - we have our first appointment with the new physician tomorrow. I'm pretty checked out. Just not interested in moving forward. I'm going to be honest and tell her that at this point I am not sure if I want to move forward with more testing or more interventions. If she tells me that our investigations to date suggest that our chances of having a child that is genetically our own are poor without intervention then I will think about it more. DH is supportive. It feels really unfair sometimes, that we are experiencing infertility. I am grateful that we know now that there is some sort of issue. It would be worse to start trying in 4-5 years and not get anywhere and realize it's just not going to happen. But still, I get annoyed and dismissive more than anything these days. Months of disappointment have probably contributed to this feeling. Sorry ladies, to be such a downer, but does that make sense?
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:39 am

Mom - So funny!

Beth - Yeah, I don't know. The risk for multiples, I guess, is always there with more powerful drugs. Right now I'm supposed to go on Clomid with no monitoring (she said no need to monitor me because I get positive OPKs) but last time Clomid didn't work and I wasn't monitored so I don't know how I responded to it. She wanted to set up another appointment to talk about it, but there's nothing with her for OVER A MONTH. What the s**t is that? I feel very lost in this process. I'm scheduled to start IUI protocol with my next cycle start, but nothing set for IVF and I just worry that when I go to call and schedule it will be so long from now.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November-December - Starting IVF

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mom0fone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Well, had my 38 week appointment today, doc says no real change since my 36 week appointment. Still about 1cm dilated and "pretty thick" as far as effacement goes. Idk what that means though. Doctor said "you look too happy and cute to be having the baby super soon" sooo all those coworkers who picked tomorrow-early next week probably lost $2 a piece. Haha.

I'm glad you're seeing a new physician sunshine, I really hope that this next appointment gives you more insight and brings you closer to your baby bean. I think it's good also that you're mentally preparing yourself, mental health is so important as is knowing when you need to take a step back a breath a little. Good luck, lady.
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BethH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Mom - I cannot wait to see photos of your baby boy :)

Quick update ladies - we saw our new physician today. Firstly, I will say that she was a no bullshit kind of doctor. She pointed out some concerns from our investigations so far. I have to be honest, these were concerns that I shared but our last physician seemed to downplay. Anyways, Sunshine it looks like me and you are in the same boat. A low AMH which suggests diminished ovarian reserve (even though my antral follicle count was good before - she thinks maybe they didn't count right) and my premenstrual spotting with a few short cycles recently suggest that the eggs I have left may not be the best quality. She said it would be reasonable to try Clomid or Femara for a few months but then to seriously consider IVF.

All the emotions I have been repressing about this over the past 3-4 months came rushing back at once and I started weeping in her office. I don't want to deal with this right now but I feel we have no choice. I have so many concerns going forward. Bleh.

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Mom0fone » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Hugs, Beth. Perhaps a more blunt physician will be good for you two, maybe she'll be more aggressive with her treatment plans? Take deep breaths, if you need a moment to step away and regroup do so, stressing doesn't help anything. Just listen to your body and your mind <3

AFM- I checked my own cervix tonight. Idk why I felt the need to google it, we all check while we're ttc, right? It's not like I haven't felt mine before so idk why I was nervous. Lol. Anyways I learned on google that effacement is when your cervix gets mushy/soft and shortens. I almost didn't really feel what I remember to be the cervix, it felt like I was touching weird goopy flesh stuff. (Tmi sorry!!) and I felt an opening, I know I have felt the opening during ttc checks and it was a fairly large opening, prob 1.5-2 cm but I'm a chicken and wouldn't stick more than just my middle finger up there. Lol. Idk why, pretty soon a whole heads coming out of there so it's not like that big of a deal but it weirdos me out! FX he's on his way this week so I don't miss DD new school orientation next Friday!
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:17 pm

HUGS BETH. I'm with you. I also wept in my RE's office. But then, honestly, I felt MUCH better after my diagnosis. Like ok, I know and this is what we need to do. This is my hand, and I will play it.

AFM- We are going to do one round of IUI this next upcoming cycle and then move to IVF after that. I don't see the harm in trying the IUI once, but IVF will (hopefully) give us a chance to have more than one child if we are lucky. So we will see.
Me (33) DH (34)
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby NSP214 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Hey ladies!!! Beth and Sunshine I'm happy that you two are getting some answers!! I truly pray that your babies are on their way to your arms!

Yayyyy Mom!! It's almost time!! Have you all picked out a name yet!!

Sass and Nicky how are you ladies??

Afm today is 9dpiui and I took a test on Saturday to see if the trigger was gone and it was veryyyy faint. So I tested again today 4 days later and got a faint positive!!! I pray this is it for me!!!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:29 pm

NIKKKI AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BethH » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Nikki - oh my goodness. Please post a photo. We need this as a group!!
Mom - eek, I cannot wait to see photos of your sweet boy!
Sassa - where are you!? We miss you?!
Sunshine - Good luck with this IUI cycle!!
Nicksy - how are you doing? So exciting that your transfer is coming up next cycle!
AFM - ladies, thank you for your words of encouragement, I am feeling better. That appointment with the new doc was like a punch in the gut. But a good because she confirmed what I have been worried about. I've done a lot of soul searching over the past week. In the past 2-3 months I haven't been sure I even want to have kids now. I don't think we have a choice but to move forward. Months and months of disappointment have made it hard for me to be excited about having a child but I am working on getting the magic back :) We've told our parents what is going on which is a big relief. Right now the decision is whether or not to try Femara or Clomid with or without IUI vs. going straight to IVF. DH had his sperm tested again because he had some inflammatory cells in his last sample (that the last Doc didn't point out) which apparently can be a big issue. If it's there again he will take antibiotics.
I'll keep you ladies updated :)

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:10 am

NIKKI AHHH :D :D :D
Me (33) DH (34)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mom0fone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Nikki!!!! Pictures!!!! I'm so excited!
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BethH » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm

*lurking for bfp pics*

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:50 am

Hi everyone.

Sunshine and Beth: I am sorry you both have been feeling this way. Dealing with treatment options is never easy. But its a great start to fixing something. Ofcourse, you will stress. But try to take days as they come. More happy ones, less anxious ones. Sooner or later, it will work for all of us. Hugs to you both!

Mom: Waiting to meet your lil boy.

Nikki: Fxed this is it for you. Waiting eagerly for a pic
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mom0fone » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Just had my 39 week appointment, still 1cm and not very effaced :( my doctor just told me she's on vacation all next week (due date is wed) so now my excitement has turned to anxiety, sadness, kind of fear. Ugh, I love my doctor and I don't want to see someone else or have someone else deliver him! The nurse gave me a 41week induction date of 7am on 8/23 and I almost cried when she told me that. They just autoschedule bc they're on vacation next week so it's already set. I am going to walk as much as possible this weekend and do all the birth squats to try to have him come by Sunday so I can have my doctor. I'm so nervous now and full of emotions plus tired so I'm irrational.
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BethH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:02 am

Oh Mom, I am sorry you're feeling emotional. It's ana emotional time. You're about to have a baby boy yhat you've been dreaming of meeting for quite some time. I will hope that he stays in there until your doctor is back. I guess the little guy will come out when he wants to!

Wishing you all the best in these coming weeks, for a safe and memorable delivery. I am sure that any disappointment you could feel if you were delivered by another doc will be washed away when you see/hear/feel that little babe :)

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups