12 month ttc buddies #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 12 month ttc buddies #4

Postby BethH » Fri May 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Nicksy - thank you for your kind words :) How long did it take for AF to come after stopping progesterone? I was using Prometrium 200mg twice daily vaginally (TMI - my husband called them vag berries hahahaha).
I felt like AF was coming BEFORE I stopped the Progesterone on May 4th. Still no bleeding OR spotting, which is great actually to know that it'll stop me from spotting in the future.

Mom - it's all so horrid, I can't stand what is happening in the States! I hope the health care bill doesn't get through the senate....
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Sat May 06, 2017 2:19 am

Hi Beth: I like the name vag berries! Though mine looked more like small white candies:-) Anyway, it would normally take me about 4 days after stopping progesterone to start AF. If i took my last tablet on Thurs evening, then AF would begin by Tues morning. Doc says to wait about 5-7 days after stopping it.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Mon May 08, 2017 11:06 am

Hi ladies..

I hope everyone is doing well.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mom0fone » Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

Nickysy and Beth your names for this stuff are making me laugh! Hope the vag berries lead to babies, lol!

I was just visiting a friend who also has an 8 year old daughter and now a 3 week old daughter this weekend. Baby is beautiful and teeny and perfect. Anyhoo, she was asking what my birth plan is: natural, drugs, epidural, etc. we JUST got the option to go to the "natural wing" at the most popular birth hospital near us like 3 weeks ago (the day she had her daughter, it wasn't an option for her though bc it was only the ruling on cutting ceremony. So, anyway I said I'd like to go totally natural but I've said that before & it didn't work out. So she was telling me you literally feel EVERYTHING, like evvvvverrrything. She's had one with epidural and one without anything now. So, idk now haha! She was also induced this time so I think that sometimes causes extra pains because it's unnatural labor in the beginning before your body catches up. I had an episiotomy with my DD too, which was weird as hell because I could hear them cut my lady zone but I couldn't feel a darn thing, sort of horrifying. But what if I need that again? I'll have to FEEL my vag being cut with scissors?! Literally cut my hooha with a giant pair of super sharp scissors. I'm spiraling. Hahaha! Three more months. We also talked nursing and huge nipples (lmao) she was explaining the different shield sizes bc some people (like me) have giant areolas and some have teeny ones and the ones that come with your pump are "medium" so I might need to buy the right size. I didn't even think about this stuff with DD, I was so blissfully uninformed and young and only had a hand pump.

I also wanted to share some hope for you ladies who have been trying longer than I did (about 18 months)..I ran into an old girlfriend at the store Saturday and she just had a boy 4 weeks ago. She asked about my pregnancy, we have mutual friends still so she may have known but may have just seen my huge belly. She asked "oh, did you guys wait? Maddie is 8 too, right?" Our girls are 2 months apart. I mentioned we tried for about a year and half and it was tough, she came back with "that's not very long, really. DH and I have tried since DD was 1!" I was so surprised to hear that! I knew they were going to wait after DD bc they weren't financially ready for #2 right way (or they said that) and had some tough life circumstances like losing jobs, etc. but they tried for about 6 years before they got pregnant with DS. She said she'd given up after a few years and accepted they would only have the one and low and behold they had a little boy 8 years later. So don't give up girls! Or do and maybe that's when your little babe will find you, the world works in mysterious ways! Who knows if there was some intervention by the universe while they got they're affairs in order or became settled and some life stress melted away? I hope each of you girls gets your little loves soon <3
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NSP214 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks for posting that Mom!! Some days I'm hopeful and then others I believe it'll never happen!! Right now I'm 8dpo with very minimal symptoms so I'm not thinking one way or the other. Luckily I'm not tempted to test!! Lol
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 am

Mom: Thanks for sharing the story! Sometimes, just finding belief and hope gets difficult. Anyhow, seems like really there is so much stuff out there for kids these days. You have a chance to enjoy newer things with this pregnancy..Have fun exploring. When is your expected date?

Nikki: Its good to hear from you. Sending hugs and warm wishes for your BFP soon.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Nickysy wrote:Mom: Thanks for sharing the story! Sometimes, just finding belief and hope gets difficult. Anyhow, seems like really there is so much stuff out there for kids these days. You have a chance to enjoy newer things with this pregnancy..Have fun exploring. When is your expected date?

Nikki: Its good to hear from you. Sending hugs and warm wishes for your BFP soon.

Hey love!!! Good to hear from you lovely ladies as well!!! Sending positivity and good vibes your way!!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mom0fone » Wed May 10, 2017 6:39 am

EDD is August 16, our wedding anniversary is aug 15 and my nicer SIL bday is aug 17 so this little bean has a good chance of coming on another important day, lol. I believe there are great grandparents whose bdays were august as well and one cousin is 7/31, MIL 7/30! We then have a wedding on 8/26 so I'm not sureness if we'll make it to that, the bride has known about my pregnancy and due date from the get-go so I think she realizes we're playing it by ear and if we can't make the reception I'll be sure to send a generous gift to cover the food we didn't get to eat and bar plus a gift. If he comes before the wedding by more than a week we may try to go to the church, nurse between wedding and reception and make an appearance at the reception. It's all within a few mins of my home so if my mom has the littles we maaaaaay bc able to swing it. I make no promises though, ha. They came to ours so of course I'd like to be present for theirs but sometimes life has its own plan.
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BethH » Wed May 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Mom: thanks for sharing that story, it is encouraging :)
Nikki: fingers crossed for you this cycle!
Quick update for me ladies as I am travelling. Spoke with our doctor today, he said next step would be Femara + IUI. Overall he is hopeful that we will be successful but of course the next step would be IVF. He will refer us to two clinics with the hopes that we will be seen quickly once we move. It took AF 3.5 days to come after stopping the prometrium & this period is definitely heavier and more painful - which isn't saying much because my periods have been so light and painless since stopping the pill.
Hope you all are well!
xoxo

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Mom0fone » Sun May 14, 2017 4:28 am

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing? It's been quiet lately, everyone alright?

We celebrated DH birthday yesterday along with (sort of) Mother's Day for his mom and sisters but it was really mostly his bday. We finally met our newest niece, she's teeny tiny and precious. She'll be 3 weeks tomorrow. I think he had fun, his buddies came out to his parents and they all ate, joked, and drank beer. DD was the life's of the party, she LOVES to be the center of attention and made them all play the hip new version of truth or dare all the second graders are playing, lol!

DD and I left a little earlier than DH since it was nearing her bedtime and when he came home he told me he said something to his mom and dad about the niece we suspect might be somewhere in the autism spectrum. He thinks they're in denial too, I guess something about her strange social tendencies and out of the ordinary noises/reactions to stimulation but his parents both said "oh, no way. She's way too smart to be autistic. She just acts like her dad, he's goofy" and something to the effect of her being withdrawn bc her mom is the bitchy sister. Silly, bc autistic people are some of the most intelligent people but they have trouble conveying their thoughts and emotions. It's sad, I really hope it is just her personality bc if she does need some intervention and help it's best to get as young as possible. She's such a sweet little girl and super intelligent, it's just her social tendencies (or lack there of) and some of the ways she will make noises or move her body that are suspicious.
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BethH » Sun May 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Hey Mom :) Happy mother's day :)

Glad you got to meet the new little one :) That's really a tough situation with the niece. The sooner an issue is identified the sooner she can receive support. It was brave & loving of DH to discuss this with his parents.

AFM, yes things are quiet on my end. We're taking a break for 2-4 months... so I will be checking in from time to time to see how you ladies are doing, I am hoping to see some BFPs.

We were away for a week and we didn't take our Vitamins/Supplments, nothing. It was really nice to not think about TTC for a week.

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:39 am

Mom: Happy Mothers day! And belated happy birthday to your DH. I am glad you had a good time at the party. I also met a tiny tot of 2 weeks yesterday. My friends daughter. She is really tiny. And looked so fragile in her green frock. Sorry about the situation with the niece. I agree, intervention at an early age is much better.

Beth: Enjoy your vacation amd break time. I keep giving myself that time too in between. GL. And keep us posted..

EOE, hello. Hoping you are all doing ok.
AFM, waiting for AF to show up so I can start with my IVF cycle. So nothing much happening here.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 am

Hi all! Hope all is well

Mom- my anniversary is also Aug. 15th :)
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November-December - Starting IVF

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am

Just curious all - has anyone used Raspberry leaf tea? I read somewhere that it was good to drink and helps with implantation, but then I read that it can cause uterine contractions and is actually bad.

I drank it a lot during my tww last cycle and my LF was only 10 days. I feel like drinking it contributed to that, but who knows. My LF is usually 12 days and we BD'd perfectly last cylce.

I'm offishhh going crazy now. I'm trying to do everything I can, but I hope I'm not hurting my chances rather than helping! :doh:
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November-December - Starting IVF

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mom0fone » Thu May 18, 2017 11:50 am

Sunshine- I've never used or heard of using raspberry leaf tea. Maybe ask your gyno/FS? I feel like an FS is more willing to give helpful answers and judge less than a regular gyno. That has been my experience at least. My gyno was a turd though, glad to be rid of him. Also neat that your anniversary is the same as ours!

Afm I'm having bra issues today, lol! My bra isn't fitting well and the wires are digging into my bump some and I feel not adequately supported. Ugh, boobs. My boobs have become super heavy recently and I've started leaking just a touch now. Only really when I've touched my breast at all, it's a reaction to that I think rather than a constant slow drip. Haha! They weight of them is causing all my bras to struggle though, lmao!! I swear the boy has tripled in size in the last month, I feel like my belly is huge now! Sometimes if I'm leaning over slightly and my bra rests on my belly more than normal he'll start kicking/hitting right in the top of his space and my boobs jump! It's so strange to see. Started getting some Braxton-Hicks contractions as well. They're not painful at all, I just feel tight in my belly or if I've recently eaten and feeling full I'll have a little discomfort when my belly is tight. (Less than) One week until the third trimester!!!my DD thinks her brother is coming in July, we shall see. He'd be 2-4 weeks early if he does, so technically full term as long as I make it to July 16, two weeks premature if he comes in the beginning of July.
Mom0fone
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups