12 month ttc buddies #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 12 month ttc buddies #4

Postby Nickysy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Beth: So happy to hear that you are moving forward in your journey! Keep talking. Support is the most important thing. My recovery from egg retrieval was pretty good. I felt a little pain, but was given an injectable painkillerin the recovery room. That caused the pain to disappear in 15 min. After that, didn't feel anything for next 3 days. 4th day, had a gastric types pain in stomach, that lasted a few hours. But it was manageable. Don't know what caused it. Probably something i ate out. But it got ok in a few hours time, so i did pretty good.

Sunshine: Good luck with IUI. Fxed this is it for you.

AFM, no FET this month. Got one large cyst (>16 mm) in left ovary, along with 2 small ones. Common side effects of IVF meds. Nonethless, doc has put me on birth control pills for now. So next month, we shall see.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethH » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi team :)
Mom: I hope you are well!!
Sunshine: I will keep my fingers crossed for you that this month you will receive your well deserved BFP!!
Nicksy: That's a bit disappointing re: delaying the FET but it makes sense to ensure your womb is at it's best before transferring those precious frozen embryos!
Sassa: we miss you!
Nikki: how are you?
AFM: work has been incredibly busy. We have to do a THREE HOUR orientation before we start IVF. Which I guess makes sense. But I honestly do not know where we will make the time for this. Life can be overwhelming. I'm somewhat hopeful we will randomly fall pregnant before all this starts but it is unlikely... our new doctor made it sound like I have few eggs & the ones I have aren't good quality (weep).
TTC #1 since January 2016!
Me (29): probable diminished ovarian reserve
DH (30): slightly low morphology
IVF#1 micro dose lupron Sep/Oct 2017 - pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momof0ne » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:00 am

We've been on a whirlwind since last Saturday! Killian was born at 12:01am on 8/19 which is actually his original due date but it was moved up to 8/16 at my first US. he was 8lb10oz and 20inches long with a full head of black hair, he looks just like his dad and also my DD and I bc of coloring, not features so much. Things were great and I was healing nicely and just tired from lack of sleep due to night feedings when Thursday I started feeling a little funky and my breasts hurt. I had to unclog a milk duct with my pump then felt better but the next day I woke up feeling worse, by the afternoon I called my OB and told her I believed I had mastitis. It's an infection in the breast caused by either clogged ducts that remain clogged for a period of time or bacteria entering through chapped nipples from nursing a babe who is learning what they're doing and beats ya up. They put me on antibiotics and I started feeling a little better and was staying on ibuprofen to keep a fever down (this infection has flu symptoms, fever, aches, tired, don't want to eat, etc). Well, last night my fever got up to 103.7 when I napped for several hours and missed ibuprofen and my mom stopped by insisting I go to the ER to make sure I wasn't a much worse issue like they left some placenta in me. Turns out I have a UTI that I didn't have any symptoms for...some minor stinging when I peed but the area where it stung was right where I'd also torn slightly and been stitched. I thought that was just using hitting my stitches! I've probably had the UTI for a week and thought it was my stitches. Ugh. I feel dumb. They have my IV antibiotics and switched my home one to treat both mastitis and UTI bc I'm an over acheiver and really do have both! Bleh.

https://imgur.com/a/s6ZVk

https://imgur.com/a/VR21S
Momof0ne

Postby BethH » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:35 am

Ohhhhh Mom!!! Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family - DD looks so proud.
Also, love your sense of humor re: having to go to the ER but I am so glad they caught the diagnosis and that you will be on the mend soon :)
This is so exciting!!! I wish LittleOwl & Sassa would come back to see photos of your little guy!!
Congratulations!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momof0ne » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks Beth. I can't wait to hear about everyone's next steps, this is a super exciting time for this group! It seems everyone has moved forward and things are moving forward.
Momof0ne

Postby BethH » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Absolutely! Much has changed since I joined this group! I can't wait to upload a photo of our babe when our time comes :)
I'm having awful cramping right now, on my right side. I've had very positive OPKs (beat the control yesterday & almost today). I think, and Nicksy feel free to weigh in, with my low AMH & random cycle lengths/spotting & also the fact that my LH was super high on monitored rounds, that my ovaries are on the lazy side, I honestly wonder if I've ever ovulated properly. I'm still hopeful that I'll get pregnant on my own, but I am working really hard to get going with IVF ASAP. I wish I could have an ultrasound to see what's happening, how much longer until that is an iPhone app? hahaha

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:54 am

Mom: Congratulations... Baby is super cute. And very active, just like you. And your daughter looks so happy. Thanks a lot for sharing. I hope your infections are going down now. Considering you decided to do double whammy!

Beth: Possibly you have been having lazy ovaries, but people have got pregnant even with low AMH. IVF def seems like a logical step for you, and I am eagerly awaiting to hear about your orientation. Have science, have faith.

Nikki, Sassa, Sunshine: Hello. Wishing you ladies baby dust wherever you are.

AFM, still in my coasting period. Hopefully, FET happens next month. Lets see.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momof0ne » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 am

Hey nickysy and Beth... looks like we're the only ones around these days. I wonder what ever happened to sassa, she just disappeared.

Anyways, I hope you're both doing well this week. I'm super sleepy. My baby who was sleeping very well is now permanently attached to my boob. He's sleep on the boob right now but if I move him to put him down so I can nap too he'll wake up and request more boob time. Lol. I took him for a 5k walk this morning and he slept the whole time, it was only about an hour, he also nursed most of that time. I had him in the carrier so I could nurse discreetly while on our walk and also be hands-free. My husband is jealous of the baby getting boobs on demand. Lol! Men...
Momof0ne

Postby BethH » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:57 am

Hi Mom of two :) hahahaha on demans boob time, it is a pretty sweet deal! Are you feeling that you're healing? It's good that you're out walking :)

Nicksy - I affectionately call my ovaries lazy hahaha :) I am hoping that a whopping dose of science will make them work! How are you doing??

AFM we have our IVF orientation today. I am excited to grt more information.

I keep having dreams about pregnancy. Yesterday I had a dream I gave birth to this giant toddler sized baby off the edge of my bed and it landed on the floor!! I had a dream last night I got a positive pregnancy test. So I guess this is all on my mind. Maybe AF won't come this month!

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby LittleOwl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 am

I have to start this post with a massive congratulations to you Mom!
Your baby boy is beautiful and what a lovely, unusual name, it only seems a few weeks ago you shared your amazing BFP with us! I can remember how excited I felt for you looking at those lines. 9months later there he is x Hope your infections are healing and glad you and baby are doing well xxx
I apologise for just dissapearing, and sorry to ladies who have no idea who I am xx I started this group a while back after I passed 12months ttc and was struggling emotionally. It was such a wonderful support and help! A lot has happened for my partner and I, I cut my hours at work from 62.5 a week to 37.5 due to being so run down, we took a trip and moved to a new town! I didn't come back to the group because I forgot about ttc, just for a while I felt distracted and was busy planning another Holliday, indulging in my sewing and crochet with my free time.
Then I began to feel a little different, can't explain in what way just different. The only physical symptom was a lot of creamy cm which I never have leading up to af and I was beginning to worry it was another dreaded bout of thrush but a few days later I became tearful and began to feel sick through the day. I dared to wonder by this point could it even be possible? After not tracking cycles for a period of time I could only roughly work out I must have been about a week late. (Turns out 2weeks late) I discovered on the 1st July I was pregnant, after a month full of colds and an awful bout of thrush, possibly 2baby dances the entire month there were the 2lines we had longed for for so so long! I am 15weeks on Monday, it hasn't been the smoothest start long story shot after time off work and hospitalization due to acute and relentless sickness, our dating scan showed we were a week further than we thought. The sickness eased off around 11weeks, the second tri has restored me to full wellness and if not for my little bump I wouldnt believe it was real, I had to come back and share, I always thought my bfp story would be full of tips and details and I would be so sure of what worked and could maybe help somebody else but I am honestly stumped. As is my man, we are so blessed and delighted to be expecting.
Baby dust to all you wonderful ladies, lets hope this thread carries on blessing each and everyone who posts and reads, and again congratulations Mom! Amazing news to come back and find you and DH have finally got the little boy of your dreams :) xxxx
LittleOwl

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Congrats LittleOwl! Your story gives me so much hope that one day that will be me!
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November-December - Starting IVF

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BethH » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Little Owl I am almost in tears
Thank you so much for coming back to share your story!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I just went to my IVF orientation and I am a tad overwhelmed!! Hearing your news made my day :)

My Ovulation Chart

BethH
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Little Owl: Congratulations! Wishing for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy for you. Thank you for sharing your story. It spreads joy and brings hope. Stay blessed
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Mom: It was hilarious reading about the boob time. I am hoping you are feeling better. And admire your enthusiasm for keeping fit!

Beth: Yay for the IVF orientation. Hugs... Waiting to hear more.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momof0ne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am

Littleowl are you back then for the remainder of your pregnancy? I hope so!!! Your post made me cry happy tears - still hormonal overload I guess but I'm just so happy for you!!!

Beth I cannot wait for your IVF steps, littleowls story just gives me so much excitement and hope for the rest of you ladies. I can't wait to hear everyone's story when the time comes!

Thank you all for your well wishes with my infections. I'm all better now, I was given a new antibiotic and felt better very quickly. Our DD brought home a cold at the end of her second week of school so she couldn't hold little bro for a few days and was mad, then my husband and I got the cold. Fortunately it seems that DS has not gotten sick. Thank goodness because he just turned 3 weeks yesterday! He's still a boob lover and asks for them ALL THE TIME but I think we've finally gotten our nursing routine down pat after a couple of issues with supply due to dehydration.
Momof0ne

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups