Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:22 pm

This is a continuation of hoping for 2017 babies II. We have been together for along time and this is a well established group with pregnant ladies and ttcers. I will give you all a little background of everyone and explain what we are about if you decide you would like to join us. We are very close and we have many long time ttcers in this thread. It is usually a pretty fast paced thread. We are very supportive and there is slot of knowledgeable people and we tell things like it is and don't sugar coat anything. So here's our background and read through it to see if you would like to join us.

Danaa is the longest member of this group. She has ttcedfor a very long time, 4 years I think. Anyway she finally got pregnant by IVF and miscarried at 5 weeks. Ivf #2' was a success as well and she conceived twin boys.. she recently at 21.5 weeks endured a tragedy that no one should have to go through. She lost both her boys due to an incompetent cervix. At 3 months out she can resume ttc again and as of now her plan is to do ivf again.

Nicksy has been ttc for a few years too. She has unexplained fertility. She has had multiple iuis and so far she hasn't gotten a bfp. She is currently waiting to do ivf soon.

Star is a long time ttcer as well. She did the egg retrieval twice and each time her embryos didn't develop enough to transfer. She recently moved and works a lot and is busy busy busy. They are trying naturally at the moment.

Whoz has been trying for awhile too. She got pregnant awhile back and had a missed miscarriage at around 10 weeks I think. She recently saw a FS and she has unexplained infertility. She is getting ready to give clomid a try as a first treatment before moving on to something else.

Loz has pcos and she has had her first egg retrieval and is currently awaiting ovulation so they can do FET and pun them babies in there!

Faith has one little girl and has been ttc awhile as well. She is on her first month of clomid and consulting abou moving to iui if he clomid doesn't work.

Fly just had a baby after several months on clomid. Her first month she conceived and miscarried at 8 weeks. She took many months of clomid and no bfp. She ok a cycle off and got pregnant that month. She has a beautiful daughter named Remy.

Andi has had 3 miscarriages and after he third she was takin a break and ended up with a surprise bfp and she's carried this one further than any of the others. Things are lookin great this go round!

Baby dust is our newest member and it took her along time to get pregnant with her first and his time around she got a bfp her first cycle trying.

Then there is me momma-of4 or I prefer Courtney. I have 4 kids and we decided we wanted a 5th and final baby. It took us 18 months to conceive. I finally found a dr who would give me clomid. It worked second cycle! I'm 16 weeks 1'day currently.

There are a few others who occasionally pop in and say hello but if you are regular I posted name and "season" you are in. I hope I didn't forget anyone and I hope I did ok with the descriptions. If there is anything you want me to add just let me know.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Here's my firs bump pic in my first new maternity clothes.

Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Thank you Courtney, great wrap up! Lady, you are looking fantastic!!! Love the bump pic.
So after my stressing, this morning I decided to take one of the clear blue digital OPKs because I still have a few left. I got 'high' fertility which is the oestrogen one, so I'm feeling very relieved. Hopefully that means I'll o early next week and manage to get the transfer in before my presentation the week after!! I feel like TTC is just walking this emotional tightrope of not getting your hopes up, but also not losing faith.
Whoz, I totally get the headspace you are in. I am so mad at the injustice of the world in general, but then in particular when you look at all of us ladies who would make great mummas, (or 2nd, 3rd, etc time mummas!) and then on the other hand there are some people who truly should not be parents - it's just so enraging!! One of my cousins has a personality disorder/mental impairment, and has had 2 kids to different fathers by the time she was 21, both of whom have now been removed from her care. On the other hand, there is me, another cousin who has been in a long term relationship and been TTC for years, and my aunt (who is a nanny/childcare worker) who only conceived her first child after several miscarriages through IVF. The world is such an unfair place, but I do hope we all get our BFPs, however long it takes. So what I am (in a very rambling way) trying to say is: you should be mad! There is every reason to be mad!! I don't think there are many emotions I haven't experienced over the last 2+ years of trying, but anger would definitely be in the top 5 haha.
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Flybutter » Fri May 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Whoz, get it out because it is better than holding it in. You have every right to be angry. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I completely understand.

Courtney, you look so beautiful lady!

Afm, the test was negative. I went to pee again and there was more mucus with blood in it so I am not sure what is going on. We are ntnp, but I honestly don't expect we will conceive a second time without also needing to take a bit of clomid, but who knows, we will see what happens. We plan on really trying in November because we want a boy and want them to be close in age.
Kimberly (33) married to Joshua (35) ~ February 11, 2016.

PCOS
Clomid #1 50MG - July - Miscarriage September 17th, 2015 - 8wks :angel:
Clomid #2 50MG - November - Annovulatory - CD21 1.8 - BFN
Clomid #3 100MG - December - Ovulated - CD21 6.3 - BFN
Clomid #4 100MG - January - Ovulated - CD21 18.5 - BFN
Clomid #5 100MG - February - Ovulated - No CD21 Because of Lab Mixup - BFN
Clomid #6 150MG - April - Ovulated - Didn't bother with CD21 - Discouraged - BFN
Month off clomid - May - Ovulated - No CD 21 - 06/06/2016 :bfp:

June 13 Beta: 1228 - Progesterone: 17.5
June 15 Beta: 2759
June 22 Beta: 28,354

:hb: 6w1d: 101 bpm
:hb: 13w5d: 159 bpm

Flybutter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Fly, I had a random month where I had some spotting around o-time. So given your opk, maybe it's o day?
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Sat May 06, 2017 1:32 am

Courtney thank you and you look beautiful.
Loz im happy to hear you are O soon.
Fly I really hope you won't need any help conceiving,maybe you are just now O?Or is ur hormones crazy post partum?!i have no idea.
Eoe hello.
Attachments
IMG_4135.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG (26.83 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:30 am

Faith where's our chart? I looked in your signature on the other page? I want to see it. Lol

Fly thank you and sorry for the bfn. I know you weren't really trying but didn't part of you want to see a second line?

Loz thanks and yay, so glad o looks like it's on the way :) it's all going to work out!

Danaa thank you as well. When we start a new page from now on we can copy and paste the front page of this and just change our background if need be and ad new people if they join. Hope each day is getting easier for you hun. 3 months will be up in no time. Then it will be stressing again. There's always something to worry about. Do you have to go back to the dr anytime soon?

We have a ball tournament all weekend so I'm up early getting ready for a hectic weekend.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:06 am

Whoz I just keep thinking about you hun. I know how you are feeling. I know it what it feels like when you have a perfect looking chart month after month along with a perfect bd schedule and no bfn. I understand your anger at why in the world do all thes women that have no business having kids pop them out right and left then there's is us who are good people who would make great mommies and daddies struggling just to conceive then go on to loose it once we do. Thankfully I've never had a loss but I do understand the rest of it. It's ok to be angry and feel like giving up. What's the point right! I just want to encourage you that your time will come. Very few with infertility never end up having a baby but the odds are on your side. It's going to happen for you hopefully sooner than later. You will experience having a baby again.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat May 06, 2017 5:40 am

Whoz as long as you can emotionally keep trying don't give up!!!After ur misscariage have you had a histeroscopy to check ur uterus for any scaring?!
Loz hugs,is not easy watching someone else get pregnant especially people who don't seem ready or suitable for a baby,my baby cousin who is 19 is due to give birth in a week or two....she is not married and she is most definitely not ready for a baby,she had the kid for the wrong reasons....it breaks my fuckinng heart thinking that God alowed her to carry to term and he took my boys away....I wonder who deserves a baby more me or her?Can she and her bf be better parents then me and my husband?..Im just fuckinng pissed off and i want answers.....Is just not fair.
She is not responsible for my pain of course but I'm just bitter and heartbroken.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Whoz I'm sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. I remember when ttc my daughter I had some of those days too. I found journaling and talking to people (as you are with us) helped a bit- better than holding it in. Have you thought about speaking to a therapist. I found counseling really helpful when I was having trouble ttc.
Danaa, I couldn't agree with you more. Life can be really not fair sometimes. The rich get richer, the poor get pooper, the good die young, and crappy parents pop out babies no problem while well-deserving adults have difficulty. I pray this is something you can look back a couple of years from now when you have your baby/babies in your arms and see it as a hurdle that made you stronger.

Momma, you look great! Thanks for sharing the pic.

I know I'm missing some (sorry) my phone isn't letting me stroll up to read.

My appointment went really well. My expected due date is 12/18 but baby is measuring a few days ahead. I got to see and hear the heartbeat- 173! I get another u/s in June for the nucleal translucency and my doctor also wants me to get genetic counseling, because hubby's father had hemophilia.
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat May 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Babydust Im
Happy to hear the baby is growing nice and healthy.
Indeed life sucks,I honestly feel like i don't want to get past this and forget,I want to forever remember my boys and feel my heart ache bcs I let them down,my body couldn't keep them alive and they didn't gave me any trouble at all,I had the easiest pregnancy....
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Sat May 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Dana, your emotions sound so healthy and normal. Of course you feel all of that way. We won't forget your boys. Did you name them? Is there a way we can memorialize them. They were so precious and you will always be a mama.

Thank you all for letting me rant. I was so pissed off yesterday at everything. It was helpful to just let it out.

Lolz, I am so sorry that things are not going as you want them to go. ARRGGG. I really hope you O soon!

Baby, so glad your LO is doing well. Yay!

Mamma, thanks for writing those fantastic personals. I think that's so helpful. You look AMAZING in your picture. Were you always so skinny? You have a great haircut and look so young. I feel like I'd already be super fat at that point in pregnancy.

I love you, Nicky, Andi and EOE. How are you doing, Nicky?
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby starMint » Sat May 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Courtney - thanks for putting together a great summary post :) and your bump is very cute
Whoz - I feel you on that anger. TTCing can be so frustrating because we are having trouble with something considered so NORMAL and part of our built-in function (like pooping).
Danaa - I think I need to hear about some cooking from you (with pics!). Also know that you, your DH, Jack, and the twins :angel: :angel: are in my heart.
EOE - hi! :grouphug:

AFM - not sure what is going on this cycle, but probably didn't get the timing right. +OPK on CD19, but no temperature spike... then EWCM on CD28 for a few days and now my temperature is above coverline.... so I think I O'd around CD30/CD31... while I was away from home. c'est la vie lol
I am back home (it feels so good to sleep in own bed and be back with DH!). I'll be spending the next week trying to catch up on work and waiting for AF to come. I have been taking Ovaboost this cycle and am really excited to see how this will work on my "natural" attempt at getting pregnant.
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#3 starting Nov 27, 2017 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur (been doing 7 units hGH since 11/1)
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim/Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol until retrieval, methyl prednisolone and doxycycline following retrieval

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Haha no whoz I've never been this small except for high school. I've always gained a ton of weight during pregnancy as well and this time I've only gained 5lbs so far. I have tons of wrinkles by my eyes as well. I decided to cut my hair short a couple months back and I really do love it. I desperately need it cut though. I don't hear very often I look young. Haha so thank you :) I hope you are feeling better today. I know how you feel on the day you really know af is coming so I get the anger you feel.

Danaa of course you will never forget your boys. That's not possible but you will hurt less as time goes on and that's ok. Please remember it's not your fault. There's nothing you could have done to have known sooner etc.

Baby that's awesome news to hear from you today! So glad you got to see your baby and a heartbeat :) I knew it'd be fine!

Shoot star. I know that's so frustrating. I use to get positive opk then my darn temp wouldn't rise and I would never get another positive opk and I never knew if we hit o or not. Funny you refer fertility to pooping!! Haha now could you imagine if we really couldn't poop!! That would be one heck of a conversation!!

I just looked back at my pic and noticed how nasty my mirror is. I thought it was my phone but it wasn't. I need to clean that thing when I get home! I never look at it closely to tell its that dirty!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Sat May 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Lol, Momma, my mirror is so nasty in the dining room, too. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to it! And homeschooling, having four kids and being pregnant gives you a pretty good excuse when it comes to the mirror. ;-)

Star, you are just the coolest. I wish I could be friends with you and just hang out with you. I think that all the time. How are you so positive, too? And such a great sense of humor. I've been doing Ovaboost for three months along with FertileCM. I could also do Fertilaid and Vitex but Fertilaid already has Vitext in it. It's just so expensive. I CAN say, though, that I concieved DS with FertileCM and concieved baby Ben (miscarriage) with Fertilaid and Vitex. Fertile CM really gives me lots of EWCM, it's crazy how well it works! And Fertilaid straightened out my cycles and Ovaboost has made me O earlier than I ever have. I have a niggly feeling that the problem with not being about to concieve is baby quality of eggs. So, I hope Ovaboost helps. DH has been doing Fertilaid and his numbers were quite good with the sperm analysis.

Faith, where are you? We miss you.
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups