Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:54 am

Nicky are you still working? Does your job allow time for you to be off? So excited the time is almost here!! And I have a scan June 2nd. I'm strangely calm and for once don't feel extremely anxious about it. Thank you for the anniversary wishes as well. We stayed at a really nice hotel and had a good dinner lastnight. It was fun :)
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Wow Courtney! Married for 18 years, so you've been together even longer? Huge congratulations! We've only been married for 3 years this August (we started trying almost as soon as we got married) and together 8 years. I went back to work yesterday (the day after the transfer). I really wanted a second day but it's just not possible with everything we've got going on. First day of presentations is today so I'm in back to back meetings from 8am-2pm (hello headache!) and then tomorrow we are presenting at 9 and in back to backs all day. Sooo exhausted already and it hasn't even begun. This weekend I'm just going to completely relax. We are house sitting at our in laws at the moment and it's great to have the place to ourselves, but I'm also deliberately leaving my pregnancy test stash behind so I won't be too tempted. I think I will test early next week if I can hold out that long - there is absolutely no way I will hold out to the 26th like they suggested hahahahahaha. I am feeling a little bit like it didn't work already, I know it's way too soon to tell and I'm trying to stay positive, but I just have this off feeling about it. I don't know it's just negativity or if it's an intuitive thing.
Nicky, so so excited for your IVF!! It must be hard to do without your husband with you the whole time, but it will be good to have your family taking care of you.
Star, thank you! It does feel like another hurdle. Everything about TTC feels like you're drawing closer and closer, jumping thru hoops that will get you to an inevitable either BFP or acceptance that it won't happen (I'm definitely not there yet!). How is the house? I keep asking because I'm so so desperate for work to start on ours haha, although I'm glad it's delayed so I wasn't dealing with settlement on the land at the same time as the transfer!!
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Loz good to hear from you. Maybe work will help keep you busy while waiting. I think we try to think it didn't work as a protection mode to help care for ourselves if it really doesn't work. Have fun house sitting. I am sure it was so hard to leave those tests behind. I was always an early tester no matter what I told myself. lol I wasted so much $ on tests. Yes we were together a year and a half before we were married. So it's been ALONG time. Seems to have gone by so fast though. I've had him longer than his parents. I'm so excited for you and am praying this ivf round is a success. I can't wait!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Tue May 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Loz: I agree with Courtney. I am glad you will have work to keep you busy! I am eagerly awaiting to see the two pink lines from you next week. Don't worry about the negative and intuitive feelings. I am already figuring out plan Bs and Cs, though we haven't even started the treatment. I guess fear is a part and parcel of the process. Enjoy the house on weekend and laze around as much as possible.

Courtney: I am glad that you are less anxious about your next scan. As far as my job is concerned, I have spoken to my boss who is pretty considerate. I will be working from home only, for next few months, with no travel, or limited to my city. That way, atleast I will have something to concentrate on apart from the procedure.

Danaa: I hope you are feeling better with each day passing. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Fly, Star, Whoz, Faith, Andi, Wish, Angela, Babydust: Hello

Next week seems like its almost here. I am feeling as if I am a mixed emotional bag. Sometimes i am really scared, sometimes just purely anxious, and other times just plainly calm. It's weird. Family is supporting me in every way possible, but I know I can't share my apprehensions with them. So I am dreading not having DH there. Everyone is so hopeful, and its scary to accept the fact that things can go either way. When I spoke to MIL, after hearimg about the costs involved, her immediate reaction was, that there needs to be some surety of you are spending this much money. How do you even start explaining then? I did tell her about the odds of the procedure. And that good IVF centres won't give you more than 40-50% success rate. Anyhow, I guess I am just rambling thoughts in my head.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 7Mk1973 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say hey to my lovely ladies!
7Mk1973
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Had personal earlier but lost it with an error 503 which really pissed me off lol so I'll just leave it at hugs, baby dust, and sticky vibes.
7Mk1973
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 am

Courtney congratulations on ur 18years of marriage!!!Praying that I get to that point with my husband!!!
Loz congratulations on being PUPO,one tiny advice if you can don't spend all ur day sitting down on a chair,something about teh uterur,not sure how to explain it,take small trips to the bathroom or get up and stretch ur legs,especially during these early days when teh embryo is looking for a comfy place to implant.
Nicky Im fxing for you,don't be upset taht ur husband won't be there with you during ur stim process,that is just the small part of this process,better to have him on the day of the retrieval when and the transfer.
Eoe hello:)
Im sorry I haven't been be on here much,I was in hell in the last two days,I found something like a skin tag somewhere on the vagina,not sure how to explain it,I thought for sure I had genital warts,I prayed to God it wasn't and with this occasion I think I made peace with Him,today I went to see my doctor and he told me is just a fuckinng skin tag :))and not genital warts,he said something about friction that makes them come out etc.
I was really upset bcs either my husband cheated wich I don't think so and even if he did we didn't had sex in months and he has nothing on his genitals or I had it for years but it doesn't made sense to show up now bcs I had tons of steroids with the Ivf process plus two pregnancy and they didn't show up plus my paps has always been clear so you understand my frustrations:))
Im really happy today,really happy!!!
Thank you God for not abandoning me!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:07 am

I'm glad you went to the dr Danaa and got checked out. Also thankful it's not warts. Who knows why our bodies do weird things!! Good to hear you made peace with God too! That really is important. Hugs sweetie!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 am

Quick pop on for the day since I'm supposed to be focused on other things lol
Dana - I'm glad it wasn't anything to be worried about
Loz - FXing for you. :) as for my house. I love it. I love being in it. There are still things that need to be done, but it really feels like home now.
Nicky - whoohooo on getting started with the stims! They aren't fun, but seeing how the follicles progress is cool.
EOE hi!
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#3 starting Nov 27, 2017 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur (been doing 7 units hGH since 11/1)
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim/Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol until retrieval, methyl prednisolone and doxycycline following retrieval

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Flybutter » Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Loz, so glad to hear you got your transfer and it went well. I can't wait to see your pee sticks!
Kimberly (33) married to Joshua (35) ~ February 11, 2016.

PCOS
Clomid #1 50MG - July - Miscarriage September 17th, 2015 - 8wks :angel:
Clomid #2 50MG - November - Annovulatory - CD21 1.8 - BFN
Clomid #3 100MG - December - Ovulated - CD21 6.3 - BFN
Clomid #4 100MG - January - Ovulated - CD21 18.5 - BFN
Clomid #5 100MG - February - Ovulated - No CD21 Because of Lab Mixup - BFN
Clomid #6 150MG - April - Ovulated - Didn't bother with CD21 - Discouraged - BFN
Month off clomid - May - Ovulated - No CD 21 - 06/06/2016 :bfp:

June 13 Beta: 1228 - Progesterone: 17.5
June 15 Beta: 2759
June 22 Beta: 28,354

:hb: 6w1d: 101 bpm
:hb: 13w5d: 159 bpm

Flybutter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed May 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Ty ladies,I can't express how thankful Im to hear is nothing.Maybe I developed it bcs I had been wearing a bad for two weeks or something to do with the delivery who knows but I'm going to keep an eye on it just to be sure it doesn't grow or turn into a wart :))
Probably after my next period or after my third one I will be getting a pap and get tested for hpv just to be sure.
I read online that abnormal results of the pap are normal right after giving birth so I'm going to wait as long as I can before getting one.
I had a scan today as well and it seems that I didn't ovulated,the doc said is going to happen in the next few days and to go back after 3cycles to see if I'm ready to try again.
That is about all with me.
Thankful to be alive,healthy and loved.
Ready to move on and make life better for myself by becoming a mother.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Wed May 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Dana, you're amazing. I don't know where youur determination and resiliancy comes from! Ok, your post about a possible STD was hilarious. I don't mean to say that it was funny you were worried about an STD, but just how you wrote it was so funny. I loved the bit about "thank you God for not abandoning me!" hahahahah. Glad you can move on to making babies again, soon.

Momma, feeling good? Glad you're not as anxious anymore. We've had so many losses in this group that it puts us all on edge.

Nicky, that's wonderful that your work is allowing you to work from home during this time. Not every work place allows that. What do you do, again?

Lolz, I've been thinking of you constantly. So glad things went well, but bummer about going back to work. Hope you have a fun weekend at your parent's house and you guys have fun. My friend who did IVF twice (successful both times) couldn't wait either and took HPTs early.

I've heard that borderlands is really fun and funny. We don't have a console system anymore, but I used to like playing FPS. This is so old school, but I love the old Doom, Bioshock series, Fallout 3 series, Half Life and Half Life 2, Portal series, etc.

So, DH just returned from his roadtrip. I finished clomid last night and haven't had many bad symptoms (but only on 50mg and taking it at night). I took an OPK this morning and afternoon and luckily, even though they were dark, they were not positive and got lighter in the evening. Phew. I was so worried about that and having our BD totally off. I just wish I knew for sure when I was going to ovulate so that I can get ALL the fertile days before O. But my O date has been changing every month from 12-19 DPO. Did Softcups for the first time tonight and not sure I got it in right. I did a diaphragm a LONG time ago and didn't have problems. Maybe my vagina has changed since then? haha. I tried to push it back as much as possible, but can't seem to do it any further. It fits up above my pubic bone.
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AndiA108 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 am

Loz - glad the transfer went well! Hopefully being busy with work is a good thing! Distractions are nice. Can't wait to hear an update from you.

Dana - Haha thank goodeses it's skin tags!

Whoz - Glad that O is waiting for your hubs!

Nicky - I can understand your anxiety and fears. But listen, no one knows what's best for you other than your Husband and YOU. I know your mil... or was it your mom? Is just looking out for your best interest but I can see how the question would give you anxiety and raise some doubts. Sometimes we just have to put those numbers aside!

AFM... question, any of you have a pap smear while pregnant? I usually get them in december but with the miscarriage last decemeber I missed it. They want me to get one at my next appointment. Seems so strange to me! Why can't it wait until after I give birth? I also have an irrational fear that it will do something to the baby. I know, irrational... I want to ask if I can elect to not have one, but is that crazy? Should I just get it done?
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

11/18/2017 - Our hearts will forever be changed. Our baby boy was born in to the hands of God at 39 weeks and 1 day due to a true knot in his cord. Truly heart broken.
AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 am

Andi I was supposed to have mine in February but i didn't bcs I was pregnant and honestly I was scared to do it.
You should ask your doctor,she /he will know what is best for you.i know some woman have it done in the first trimester but I don't know anything about the second trimester.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby danielleh22 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am

Andi: I know I'm not part of your group or anything, but I just wanted to tell you how it went with my pap smear when I was pregnant. I would strongly advise not getting one. I didn't think anything of it when I was told to get one by my OB. I got it around 6-7 weeks. After it was done, within 2 hours I started to bleed very heavily. Stronger than a period. I thought I was miscarrying. I cried all the way to the ER. Turned out that everything was ok, that I ended up with a subchorionic hematoma. I bled heavily for two weeks..stressing that I was going to have a miscarriage. I had an increased risk so stressed like crazy until it cleared up.

It may have just been a coincidence, but after reading many stories from other ladies, there have been ones that had a miscarriage after having one done. I guess we can never really know for certain if this was the actual cause of the miscarriage. I know I will not be getting one done when I get pregnant again. I just wanted to tell you my story. It's completely your decision, and there have been plenty of ladies who have had one done with no side effects.
Me: 30 Him: 28
DS: Manolo- 1 yr
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS
After 2 MCs, tested Positive (July 2017) for MTHFR (heterozygous) and Factor V Leidan (blood clotting disorder).
Nov 2017- 2 Failed HSGs due to curvy cervix

BFP #1 July 30, 2015 (Cycle 7) Born April 13th, 2016
BFP #2 Dec 28, 2016 (Cycle 6) Miscarriage @ 5w4d
BFP #3 June 26, 2017 (Cycle 11) Miscarriage @ 4w6d
BFP #4 Nov 18, 2017 (Cycle 15) Betas: 10dpo: 33 12dpo: 90

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups