Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

Postby AndiA108 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi ladies,

Wow! Trying to keep up but it's hard when i don't log in as much as I used to.

Nicky - I was on CoQ10 and it upset my stomach too! Like... couldn't leave the house because I had to GO. lol The nurse told me to knock the dose down and build up to it. So they wanted me taking gosh i forget now... 800mg it's in my sig. And I started at like 1 or 2 pills then when I felt of I upped it.

Whoz - I'm sorry you're feeling so angry and there's not much anyone can say to make that feel better but just hang in there! In times of uncertainty God is doing more for us than we know. That woman sounds HORRIBLE.

Dana - I'm glad you seem to be in a good place! You are so strong! I completely understand not being able to go back to the doctor just yet and just take time your time.

Momma - Your bump is super cute and you look great!!! I love that shirt too. Are you in the US? Where did you get it?

baby - glad everything is going well for you.

Star- long cycles are no fun and i've heard good things about ovaboost!

Faith - how'd the first clomid cycle go? Any symptoms?

AFM - I'm doing good! My anxiety is acting up because as I'm approaching the second trimester I'm feeling much better. I know it's normal but it still scares me to have my morning sickness dwindle. Waiting for my appointment to get here.
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

11/18/2017 - Our hearts will forever be changed. Our baby boy was born in to the hands of God at 39 weeks and 1 day due to a true knot in his cord. Truly heart broken.
AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi everyone,
Angela, it's so good to hear from you! I can't see your chart but fx you o soon.
Andi, it must be so hard not to worry over every little thing. My friend, who is preggers for the first time and has not had any difficulties (trying not to be jealous haha) freaked out and sent me about 40 messages on her first day without morning sickness because she was so worried. I have everything crossed for you and am sure it's just normal as you approach second tri! Can't wait for your next appointment.
Banana, I'm so glad you came back to the forums. It sounds like you're in a much better headspace, and sounds like good progress with your hubby. Maybe now that he's had this operation you won't need the IVF?
Nicky, I'm so excited for your IVF! Can't wait!! I haven't noticed any side effects from the COQ10, but I take metformin so I get stomach issues with that anyway.
Babydust, good luck with your busy work period! I know how that feels. What do you do for work, if you don't mind my asking?
Faith, do you think the clomid is doing the trick? Later o is a good sign?
Dana a hahahahahaha I love you! Punch her in the vagina!! Classic. I'm so impressed (as always) by your approach to this, and am glad you have a healthy diet to focus on. Your boys will never be forgotten, we will all keep them in our hearts forever, and I love the idea of you getting a tattoo to memorialise them.
Whoz, honestly you did well not to slap that woman or make a snarky remark back to her. As an Aussie, our first defence is always humour so I don't think I would have been able to hold back on a comeback there haha. Having said that, when you're TTC, even the most well meaning people can be insensitive. My bff who is preggers, knows we are doing IVF, is a social worker who has done all sorts of psychology training etc, so you'd think she'd know to be sensitive to me. But when we went over the other day she told me that she hopes that I get pregnant soon so our babies can grow up together (like I don't wish I already had a baby or was already pregnant), and showed me all the baby clothes she's bought. I very nearly cried at the sight of all the tiny baby clothes but I held it together and I don't think she noticed. She's also when complaining about morning sickness said she hopes I get it that badly so I know her pain! Jokingly, but it's just insensitive because of course I wish I could experience morning sickness, as much as I know I'll hate it at the time. Anyway, I'm trying to learn that no one is an expert in how to talk to someone who is ttc, and unfortunately, as much as we are already the ones struggling, we have to be the bigger person and rise above. Still though... I agree with Dana. Punch her in the vagina!
Courtney, how are you going? How are your other kids reacting to the pregnancy, are they all super excited?
Sorry if I've missed anyone.
Afm, I had my blood test yesterday and they had me start testing with the LH test today. There was a line but it wasn't as strong as the control so it's not peaking yet, even though I feel certain that today is o day. I have o pains and ewcm. I almost wish I was temping so I know for sure, but then I'd be obsessing. I'm trying to have faith in the clinic that they know what they're doing, but struggling a bit! I usually test for LH in the afternoon/evening because that's when the surge peaks and it only lasts 12-24 hours, so I've had days when I get a positive at night and by the next morning it's gone. So I'm a bit worried the line won't be any darker tomorrow.
If I don't ovulate by tomorrow, then the transfer will be next week around the time of my presentation, so please every, cross your fingers for me that timing works out and I have o'd by tomorrow so I can have the transfer Saturday/Sunday!!
Oh! One last thing. I want to say a big thank you to Whoz for your lovely words about Mother's Day. It is always one of those hard days for all of us TTC-ers, but I think it can be especially hard for those of us who aren't mothers yet and are usually forgotten here at home, so thank you for thinking of us and knowing that we are mothers at heart. Dana, I will be thinking of you especially and remembering your beautiful boys. Much love xx
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Welcome back banana! I hope this procedure does wonders and works! Government funded ivf sounds awesome too! Give therapy a little more time. It really does help even if it's just talking. Therapist is getting paid for her time so don't ever think you are wasting her time. I struggle with isolation as well. It's a terribly hard habit to break. I swear I'd be fine with my family just at home forever but I know I need other people in my life. Hey we all love food and it's a daily struggle!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon May 08, 2017 4:18 pm

It was Mother's Day?Happy Mother's Day to all
Of you!!
Im glad I made you laugh with my comments:))
Nicky hugs don't let the comments get to you!!I hope you had fun at ur family function!!Im looking forward for you to start ur period and right into Ivf!!
Banana welcome back!!I hope the funding doesn't really need two years!!Fighting with ur husband about paying for ivf is not good but i understand your pain,my husband needed a bit convincing as well but I gave him time and eventually we did it.
Angela wb and Fx for you this cycle.
Andi second trimester is banging on ur door,don't worry to much about the lack of symptoms,mine tappered off around that time as well!!
Loz I really hope that ur eggie is getting nice and big and ready to burst soon so you can have the transfer before the presentation!
Whoz,Courtney,babydust hugs!!
Ty all for the nice and kind words regarding me and my boys,they will never be forgotten or replaced.
My day got better this evening after having a kinda of a fight with my husband last night,he said some hurtful things but true,i couldn't say much bcs I was crying like crazy,he apologized today and reassured me he loves me and nothing can separate us,I needed to hear that but now i know he kinda blames my trip to Romania for losing the babies,basically he blames me,he seemed resentful for the fact that we spent so much money with Ivf and we are empty handed,all very true things,I can't be upset....i know he is hurting....im not sure how we going to get pass this.This evening he brought home a hand drawn portrait of myself,he gave the man one of my photos and he did it exactly like the picture,I'm amazed.
Ughhh you guys life is so fucking complicated at times,one moment ur having the time of ur life and the next moment ur in hell,I'm just annoyed and heartbroken!
I have no idea what to do with my life and how to do it!!
In the last 4-5y i focused on getting pregnant and time flew by and im now close to 30 and no goal in life....I don't even know if I'm going to have another transfer....
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm so sorry Danaa. I know you guys are hurting and arguments are bound to come up but his wasn't your fault. We all say things in the heat of an arguement that we don't mean and do it to intentionally cause pain to the other. We feel terrible about it after the fact. You guys will get through this and be much stronger. Hugs hun!

Loz exciting you are getting close to o. I so hope it's soon! You've been waiting so long for this! All prayers for you!

Andi good to hear from you. Sorry your anxiety is acting up. You are doing great though! Believe! All is going to be ok! I'm in the us. I got it at motherhood on clearance. Still paid too much though!

Nicky exciting praying af comes soon!

I may have missed someone I'm on my phone and can't look back.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Mon May 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Banana: HUGS Hey there. Glad to see you back. Taking steps forward is always the best medicine. I like the softball team mention. Sounds like so much fun. :)

MK: Hey girly. Nice to hear from you FX for this cycle.

Loz: Praying you have ovulated so you can get on with the next step. You poor thing. HUGS

Danaa: Good grief girlfriend. HUGS Just feels like a whirlwind some times. No one is at fault. You both lost dearly. He is in pain and trying to deal with it. I'm sorry he hurt you in the process. But its all apart of the grieving that we go through when such a tragedy befalls us. No one plans on this junk. There isn't a manual in sight to prepare you for it either. You need to make a comfort zone for yourself. Find some thing or some where to focus in/on that brings you peace. Allow youself to melt away from everything else. Healing takes time. You don't have to be your old self anymore. Be who you are now and let your new reality set in and you guide it where you want it to go. You are not alone EVER. Your husband is there and we are here thinking of you always.

Hey EOE Sorry if I missed anyone totally ran out of awakeness.

AFM: Still in the sick house. Just want to sleep and eat spicey things. I'll write more tomorrow if I am well enough. Have to go in to work and pretend to be functional.
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Faith - hope you are starting to feel better! Your chart looks awesome right now so I'm excited to see what this month has in store for you. I love spicy food... my stomach doesn't always agree :rofl:
Whoz - some people are assholes. I 100% disagree with that person's statement. I hope you just said "bless your heart", which is my favorite southern insult.
Danaa - you cracked me up with the punch. I have the bad habit (picked up from a friend) to say "punch them in the neck", which is much gentler on the knuckles and worse for the person getting punched (from what I hear). Just remember that you are not defined by your family status, you have worth beyond being 'mother' (even though you are wonderfully nurturing!!!) You will find an identity that gives you joy. You may already have it (and probably do!) so don't forget how valuable of a person you are!
Loz - fxing that this cycle is on track for you! I'm excited.
courtney, nicky, Fly, mk, baby, EOE - hope you are doing well!
AFM - I'm guessing AF should come by the end of this week/early weekend. Maybe starting the ovaboost after this cycle started caused confusion for my body. I'm looking forward to next month tho!
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#3 20 eggs retrieved (12/13/17); 12 fertilized
150iu gonalF+150iu Menopur x 14 days (with last 6 days Cetrotide) , 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger (5 weeks of 7 units hGH started 11/1)
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim + 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:31 am

Thank you eoe. Star, 'bless your heart' as an insult is the most deliciously passive aggressive thing I've ever heard and I love you for it! Haha. Any other southern sayings?
I am so wrecked after today. Still getting over this sinus infection (4 weeks and counting) and had back to back meetings from 9-6 today. Head is throbbing. To top it off, one of the members of my team has just resigned after only 6 months (again!) she assured me it wasn't personal, sent me a lovely email saying she thinks I'm an amazing manager but she is switching careers and going travelling for awhile. It was nice to hear but stil, now I'm faced with recruitment in the middle of trying to de-stress while I go thru these transfer cycles.
Sorry all, I feel like I'm being such a big whinger right now and it's really not that bad, I'm just irritable and in that 'pity me' frame of mind haha.
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby starMint » Tue May 09, 2017 6:31 am

Loz - you don't sound whiney! work stress is the pits. Managing people is HARD. I also had an employee leave recently that I just adored. It's tough, but we have to let the chick a dees fly... you never know when that person can come back into your life (or bring other good tidings your way).

All right, I need to focus on work today...
:grouphug:
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#3 20 eggs retrieved (12/13/17); 12 fertilized
150iu gonalF+150iu Menopur x 14 days (with last 6 days Cetrotide) , 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger (5 weeks of 7 units hGH started 11/1)
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim + 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 am

Banana: Its good to hear from you. I am glad you are going to a therapist. I think its going to help you a lot. I am considering one for myself as well. I am also glad about govt funded IVF. But i really hope you don't have to wait 2 years for it.

Star: Its always nice to hear that you are so committed to work. Thinking about you.

Loz: Don't worry, you are not whining. You do have a lot on your plate right now. But i will be glad that there will be some distraction for you to focus on after the transfer. Fxed for perfect timing for you.

Faith: I am so sorry you are feeling sick still. Get well soon! I love spicy food myself. If you have tried Indian cuisine, you might know we as it is use a lot of different ones of spices on a regular day!

Courtney: Thank you. With your latest pic here, every time you msg, I keep imagining talking to you in person. (Don't worry, I ain't a stalker). Just have a face now for the name i type to:-) I remember the last pic you had shared with your family, but you look really different in this current one.

Danaa: I am so sorry you ended up in a fight like this. I am pretty sure its one of those moments we regret what we say when we are angry. Both of you are hurting because of the loss, and brain just figures out different ways to let sadness pass by. Its alright to feel all of this. There is no set rules to how you need to behave, or your DH for that matter. Take your time, and I am sure you both will take a step in forward direction soon. Hugs! Stay strong hun.

Andi: Thanks for the advice on CoQ 10. I am also very very glad that you are already entering 2nd tri. Hugs! Fxed for a healthy pregnancy up ahead as well.

BabyDust, Fly, Whoz,Wish,Angela: Hello!

AFM, nothing much to report. Waiting for next AF to come. Till then, work is gonna keep me busy.
Last edited by Nickysy on Wed May 10, 2017 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi ladies

Do you all know of safe meds to take while ttc? I'm not feeling so well and I need relief. Its nasal congestion/sneezing that is turning into an itchy cough.

Yes, I am crying like a baby over here. No shame...help :cry:
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Faith, this is what I've had for the last few weeks. Nothing really helped. Saline flush should be safe, but also try Vicks on your chest and feet, and steam (just put hot water in a bowl and put your head over it with a tea towel over your head!) also sambucol black elderberry seemed to help me a little. Honey and lemon in hot water with some ginger and cinnamon was a nice temporary cough relief. But then again, I've tried everything and it's been weeks and I'm still sick so who knows.
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Loz28 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Thank you star and Nicky! Nicky, when exactly do you think you will start IVF?
Dana, I'm so sorry you and DH fought like that, but it's so often we say the most hurtful things to the ones we love when we ourselves are hurting because we know they'll always love us and be there for us. I'm glad you were able to clear the air and resolve things though. Hugs.
Afm, I'm going to try and post a picture of today's LH test. I think it's positive (it's considered by the clinic positive when the test line is the same colour as or darker than the control line). Let me know what you think.
Side note, I drink so much water usually (sorry if tmi but then again, not really because this whole group is really just one giant tmi forum hahaha) my pee is usually almost the same colour as water which I can't help thinking affects the test. Last night I deliberately only had a sip of water and peed before going to sleep to make sure my pee was as concentrated as possible for this morning's test. Lucky I did or it would have been even more unclear haha.
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Loz28 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:42 pm

LH test
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
(75.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Loz if ur pee was very diluted I would count the oh as positive but keep testing.
Faith I don't know what you guys have in us but here we can take paracetamol and a cough syrup called Stodal.I hope u feel better soon.
Star I hope af shows up soon so you can start a fresh cycle,Im hoping ovaboost can help you also tonight i read a bunch of wonderful things about melatonin,helps with sleep and keeping ur ovaries young.
Eoe hello and ty for the nice words and ur support,I guess fights are natural in this process,Im not upset with my husband at all bcs even if I don't like it he is right and the fact he is still here and trying to make things better means a lot,he is a wonderful man and deserves nothing but the best and if that means we have to split up im fine,im just trying to take into consideration everything bcs at this point in my life nothing is a certainty,I guess we shall see.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups