Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

Postby Nickysy » Fri May 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Loz: keeping you in my thoughts for your transfer on monday. I totally get what you are going through. My mom just keeps saying, i know you're going to be pregnant. I told my MIL today about us considering IVF in next cycle. And she actually thinks it needs to be a surety. So hard to explain that there are so many factors involved scientifically, and the best clinics have success rates of 40-50%. Everyones hope in the family is up, and I am scared to crush it. Financially, emotionally, physically, its a hard journey to take. DH is very supportive and is ok with the ideology that things can go either way. He has been asking me to relax my panties, and take one day at a time. If it works for us this time, great. We might consider FET if required, but if the stimulation protocols do not work, then we are pretty sure we will wait it out another year before trying again.

Andi: So relieved to hear that you are out of scary zone.. Hoping for an uneventful pregnancy ahead for you.

Courtney: I wish God had a barter system, unfortunately thats not how things work. I can get your fears to certain extent, but my gut is telling me, everything is going to be fine for you and the baby. The scare about the blood test is real, and you are very brave in admitting to your fears. You will love your baby, regardless. Hugs! I hope you feel energized soon. And not struggle with all of this. Can't wait for your anatomy scan.

Danaa: It is ok to have faith perturbed after you have gone through so much. As much as your body needs healing, your mind and soul do too! Take your time hun. And ramble all you want. Just know, that we are there, to hold your hand, whenever you need it.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(35), DH (33), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Endometriosis diagnosed feb 2015
3 Failed IUIs, FET#1 (oct 2017)- Chemical Pregnancy, FET#2 (nov 2018)- BFN. Journey continues.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Fly, Baby Dust, Wish, Angela: Hoping you ladies are doing fine too.

AFM, waiting for AF. I am expecting it on 22nd May. Doc asked me to report on cd2. I am getting it done from a clinic close to my parents place. So will be travelling and staying with them for the entire month of the protocol. DH will take a leave and join us, at the time of retrieval and transfer. I am going to miss him badly. But we had to make that call. He has an extremely tough roster for next month, and won't be able to devote much time at home. And i will need a good emotional as well as physical support during the cycle. As far as the protocol is concerned, they do not exactly divulge all the details in India. But here is what i was summarized to:

Short protocol- 10-12 days of stimulation with recombinant FSH+LH. The dose and days can vary depending upon the response to stimulation, which will me monitored regularly with tvs. HCG for triggering ovulation and then retrieval under general anaesthesia. Transfer after 48 hours, again done in general anaesthesia. Followed by bed rest for 3 days, and thereafter permission for normal activities for next 10 days. No driving, no swimming, no exercising.
My Ovulation Chart

3 Failed IUIs, FET#1 (oct 2017)- Chemical Pregnancy, FET#2 (nov 2018)- BFN. Journey continues.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri May 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Andi Im happy everything is going nicely and smoothly for you!!
Booo,sorry af got you but im hopeful for ur next cycle.
Loz im fxing hard for you!!
Nicky is ur doing adding Cetrotide or something else to help prevent ovulation to ur scheme?Why do you need be put under for the transfer?So they are alowing teh embryos to grow only 48h?i have read a few succes stories with 2day embryos but is a very unsual thing,usually is done for couples who can't reach blasto.
Is taht ur clinic policy?or that is how things work in India?
Courtney im spotting but very,very,very lightly,probably it will stop soon.As much as I hate going back yeah I think I have to see my doctor soon to be sure im healing and hear what he has to say.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Fri May 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Danaa: Good luck with the visit to your doctor.
They haven't mentioned cetrotide as of yet. Will check with my doc. They give anaesthesia for transfer here as well because apparently it calms down the female. 2 clinics that I have spoken to follow the protocol at 48 hours. So seems like that is the norm here. I am hoping to get more answers when I meet my doctor again. Just need to believe its possible. The clinic is a high volume centre, specifically for IVF. So I am gonna put my trust and go with it. Have heard good things about the doctor from 3-4 family members and friends. So hopefully they know what they are doing. Also, forgot to mention, we are going for ICSI.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:09 am

Nicky, I'm very excited for you! As I discovered, whatever your protocol starts out as, it can change very quickly depending on how you respond anyway. I'm surprised at the general anaesthesia as well, but you do just have to put your faith in science.
Dana, thank you for the tips, I went and bought some Brazil nuts today and have been eating them but maaaan I do not like Brazil nuts haha. They're the most bland of all the nuts to me!! I have also eaten pineapple because they were nice and cheap here at the moment and I figured it can't hurt.
I really meant to eat healthy ahead of the transfer but we are doing an afternoon tea for my mum for mother's day tomorrow and we bought so much yummy food! I can't resist!
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Sat May 13, 2017 5:57 am

Loz I love Brazilian nuts :))but ur right they are bland.
Don't worry about eating healthy,at my last transfer I even had coffee the days after BUT try and eat warm
Foods after the transfer and the day of,I do hope ur taking the day off at least on the transfer day.
Nicky having trust in ur doctor and the clinic is very important,I think having the transfer under general anesthesia is a bit too much BUT they are right,being relaxed is the key to a successful transfer,I won't go into details but I read a ton of stories where the transfer was painful and the results were bfn soo thumbs up for ur clinic for thinking about it,clinics in Europe aren't really doing this,ask ur husband to take a video of the moment when they place the embryo in ur uterus,I have no words to describe the feelings when I saw them on my first transfer.I really don't want to say anything to upset you or place the idea of a failure in ur head but my advice to you is if you have the plenty of embryos to let them reach blastocyst,the succes rates are higher plus this way you will have the ability to choose only the best embryos,ugh I can't find words to explain what I mean.
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Loz: Thank you so much! I am glad you are tryimg to eat healthy. Your transfer is almost here:-) You are right about changing protocols though. My doc told me things change depending upon the response from the body.

Danaa: Thanks for the wonderful tips. After reading your msg, I did check the clinics website again, and they do transfer day 3 and 5 embies as well. I spoke to DH. And requested him to come along with me to my parents place next weekend. The clinic has sunday hours, and he can meet with the doctor personally. Being a doctor himself, he usually gets more scientific information. While to us, they usually relay the layman ones. Planning to raise this question at that time. Along with cetritide. The doc did mention about freezing the day 5 embies, which is the part of the program. So I will go over the entire protocol again in detail next weekend. Have only been to this clinic once. Interestingly, I did meet an African couple, and another couple from Israel, undergoing IVF there.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Oh Dana that is what I'm worried about, relaxing during the transfer itself! Every time I've had an internal ultrasound, they've taken forever to find my cervix and there's been a lot of poking and prodding before they make it up there. I think it's because I'm quite tall and the tables are not set up for us tall gals!! I am taking the day off, unfortunately I will need to call in sick as with everything that's going on at work, there is no way I would be able to take it as a planned leave day, and that also means I won't be able to have the second day off to keep relaxing. We are housesitting for my MIL and FIL after the transfer though, so my plan is just to relax as much as I can at work and take it easy, and then do absolutely nothing other than yoga once I get home! I've also saved up a bunch of comedies to watch as thy can lower stress hormones! Hopefully all of those things will negate the having to be back at work. I do have to walk a little way to and from the office once I get off my bus, about 1.5km each way, but I'll just walk nice and slowly because the dr said light walking is fine.
Eoe, I will return after my transfer tomorrow for personals, I am just too self obsessed at the moment!! Sorry!
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:26 pm

So excited for you loz!! Will be looking forward to your update!

Nicky im glad you found out more info about 3/5 day transfers :) I'm sure dh being a dr is good at finding out info :)
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat May 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Loz I wish you good luck tomorrow and a sticky baby.
As far as the transfer don't worry about it,don't think about it,you will be fine!!!
Nicky I hope you and ur DH and ur doctor can find the best protocol for you!!
Eoe hello.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Lolz, we're all fx for you and we hope you enjoy your yoga and comedies. Which ones are you going to watch?

Dana, how are you feeling these days?

Nicky, sooo good to hear from you!

Lots of love EOE, and happy mother's day to all of you who are mothers with babies in your hearts, bellies, arms and/or heaven.

CLOMID question. I am super nervous that I will get lots of false positive OPKs and not know which days to BD. Is this true? I've been O'ing on CD 12-14 the last few months and they said I wouldn't O until 5-9 days AFTER taking clomid which is CD10 (so CD15-19?). So, would Clomid really make me O so much later? Should I rely on that, or should I start taking OPKs at CD10 (like I usually do) or will it give me false positives? Basically, when should we be having SEX?? UGH
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (with an arsenal of natural treatments) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (Sept 2017) - Endo confirmed and removed
Fertility treatment October - December 2017
Surprise BFP! - January 2018
EDD - September 12, 2018

whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby faithrock » Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 am

Loz:Thinking of you. Hoping it all goes well.
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:09 am

Whoz I tested early right after I quit taking clomid and I got a false positive but just 1. I got my real positive on day 15 or 16. Usually if you o early it pushes it back and if you o late it brings it forward. My first round I didn't get a positive until cd 27! I knew that round didn't work.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:11 am

Also the month clomid worked my first positive opk was blaring positive. Not a little positive but darker than the control line. I'll have to check my chart but I think I got two days of positives. Just checked and I had one day of positive.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Sun May 14, 2017 7:55 am

Whoz: I normally O between cd 9-12. On 50mg Clomid I O on cd15. And dark positive at Cd14 and really dark at 16.But horrible O pains on 15. I would start testing at cd11 and start BD after your first 'as dark as control line's' test. Every other day until you see a super dark positive then just go at it every day till you get a negative opk or you have seen a clear temp shift up.

HTH :)
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups