2018 Baby Buddies (2)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2018 Baby Buddies (2)

Postby thirdnerd » Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 pm

Veronica: Ugh, I know about the excessive BD'ing! I kept having alllmoost + OPKs so I kept thinking it was O time. Psych. I miss the days where sex was unplanned and fun! haha.
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Gj140516 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:25 am

Hi everyone, I am new on this!
My name is Gina and I am 26 (27 in 2 weeks) and me and my husband has been married for just over a year. He is 27 and we are TTC. (apologies if I don’t use the lingo correctly!)
I have been on BC for 10 years (on and off but mostly on) I was on microgynon 30 pill. I stopped taking the pill in January and had a usual withdrawl bleed. I don’t know what I was expecting but I thought that is it, first time we have unprotected sex I’m going to get pregnant! Obviously I know now that is not the case. I used to have really painful heavy periods when I was 15/16 so that is what I thought I was going to have.
My first period after the pill was 9/10 weeks later. It was quite light and only last 5/6 days (wasn’t as scary as I thought!!) I wasn’t particular trying or tracking anything. I was quite glad so I could start getting back to normal and understanding my cycle. I then had a cycle of 45 days. Again, we weren’t really ‘trying’ on particular days it was just as and when. I took a pregnancy test around 3 days before I got period (I didn’t know when it was due) and was BFN. This period was strange it started quite light and then 3 days later was really really heavy and painful. It lasted 9 days.
I downloaded an app ‘flo’ to keep on top of tracking. This was the first month we actively ‘trying’. Today day 8 after O and 7 days until my period is due (according to app).
I became ill (cold/flu) last week I am usually healthy & active I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and eat healthy as much as possible. I feel exhausted and I am struggling to get up on a morning even after sleeping all night. 8 days later and I am still feeling ill. Obviously the first thing I did was google ‘early signs of pregnancy’. I’ve had a couple of cramps but been trying to just dismiss them. I don’t want to get my hopes up.
I am unsure when to take a test? Because my cycle is still not ‘normal’ or ‘regular’ after BC I don’t know when I am due on. After researching about TWW I found
My husband is really getting his hopes up. I am trying not to. I didn’t realise how much I wanted it until now. I try to take attitude of ‘if it happens it happens’ we have a lot of plans for this summer and I find we are talking about ‘if I’m pregnant’. I have a close friend who got a bit ‘obsessed’ last year tracking cycles etc etc and I thought your stressing yourself out it won’t happen you are putting too much pressure on yourself! And here I am today getting my hopes up!!
So any advice would be great on when I should take a test!

Thanks! Gina xx
Gj140516
Friend

Postby SEL » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 am

Hi Gina and welcome.

I have nooo idea about when you should test. Do you temp and chart? If not I suggest you do because it is a really good way for you to have a window to look into your cycle and, best thing of all, it's free! You just have to buy a bbt thermometer and download fertility friend or one of the other apps and Bobs your Uncle (lol English expression there Libby and Fiona and some others will know what that means, basically means "you're all set"). I would purchase some cheapies from amazon or ebay and that way you can test every day. It won't cost an arm or a leg either because there are cheap. Either way, best of luck and hope you have a lovely bfp coming soon. :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby feefee87 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:23 am

Kathryn- Yey for the crosshairs always good to see! PCOS sucks I hate it!

Veronica - yes we were on the same board a number of months ago, hope your well too?

Dawn - Thanks for not hating me lol.

Gina - welcome! It's hard to say if your cycles are still all over the place? If you want to test alot buy some internet cheapies so you can pee on them to your hearts content!

Simone - LOL I love "bobs your uncle" such a British saying! Although it's better when you finish it with "and Fanny's your Aunt"!

AFM - not much to report really, I'm 10DPO and waiting for AF and wont test until Tuesday when I'd be classed as late!

Keep your fingers crossed for a weight loss for me tonight at my Slimming World Group, I'm determined to get to my target by my 30th birthday (just over 8 weeks away).

Oh and I'm holiday hunting for a break in Oct/Nov somewhere nice and hot, realized we can't keep putting things off in life just on the off chance I get PG!!!
feefee87
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Newgirl » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:33 am

Maggie - I'm not having really any symptoms other than my face is really broken out and I'm a tab bit more tired at the end of the day but I have a busy schedule since my one kid still has school until the 13th but my youngest is done. I've been trying to make a doctors appointment but I called 10 doctors (yes 10) to see what procedure is and most of them wait until 10 weeks to do blood work and u/s. I want blood work done now so I'm not getting my hopes up if my levels are low. I found one that does it right away and i tried to call this morning and they put me on hold for 6 mins (I have zero patience and I'm at work so thats too long and i hung up.) Its not easy sneaking around the office to make an appointment without someone hearing and we aren't telling anyone until July.

But I tested yesterday and 3 days ago and my tests are noticeably darker. So hopefully everything is going good in there. Only time will tell.
Bre & Andrew
TTC since March 2016
MC @ 7w4d 9/30/16
BFP - 5/27/17
EDD 2/5/18
Newgirl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Gj140516 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:53 am

Hi! Tested this morning – BFN but was expecting that. It’s either way too early or I’m tracking my O incorrectly (more likely this). Going to wait till next Saturday to test again because then I go on holiday and can relax and drink cocktails! Took your advice, ordered cheap tests from ebay, but also ordered O strips for next cycle to try again.
Like I say, I am very new and we have just started trying, and I am only just beginning to understand my body/cycle so I apologise if I sound stupid here!
My understanding is if your cycle is ‘normal’, you ovulate 14 days from the first day of AF. When you O you have a 24-48 hours window, any other time around this is very little or no chance. On my next cycle after AF, should I do an O test every morning and then DTD when I test positive? Then there is a TWW until next AF which I will need to resist testing as may be false readings/too early?
You mention temp and chart, no I don’t it looks very complicated what does this do?
Any help/advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Gina xx
Gj140516
Friend

Postby AnJC13 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:16 am

Congrats Bre!!! :) Sticky vibes! It's good to see BFPs around here, it had been a cold winter indeed.

Gina, I think "normal" is more like cycles between 27-34 days (though everyone's "normal" is different, as long as they are regular they are "normal") and ovulation comes between CD10 and CD20 (though again that varies, and is considered fine as long as it's pretty regular). The LP (luteal phase) means the time from ovulation to AF, and that ranges usually from 10-16 days. I found when I started reading these threads that most people don't ovulate CD14 and have 28 days cycles. That was good for the school books only! ahah
Also, I found it too much to temp everyday, but I used OPKS around ovulation the month I conceived. I used to have pretty good O symptoms, mainly a lot of fertile cervical mucus (EWCM) and and I was really "horny" so it made easy not to miss O.

AFM Baby is getting big and kicking about at all hours, but I love it.

Maggie: I tried to join the pregnancy group, but it doesn't let me post?

Becca: How is your trip going?

Simone: Good that you enjoyed the month off!

Babydust to everyone!
AnJC13

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:23 am

Hey lady! I know that you have to create a new username specifically for the group. So lame. It's like that for the TTC blog too. Let me know if you need more help. And remind me of your first name please! I want to say Alex? Or am I completely off base?
Maggie <3
Me: 26
DH: 29
TTC#1 since December 2016

BFP: 5-21-2017! :mrgreen:

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnJC13 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:35 am

Anne. Lol

Oh, that's why (I wonder why they don't link our accounts, weird). I'll go ahead a create one!
AnJC13

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:40 am

Dang! I knew it started with an A at least! :)
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby knpoduch » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am

I would love to jump into your group! I am new to this board because the board I used to be on, has been shut down. I am 38 years old and we are currently working on our 4th. I have endometriosis and a terribly long list of complications that have occurred after my births. A brief history is that I had IVF for my first baby, it worked the first time! We had 6 embryos left and it took two tries with 2 embryos each, to get pregnant with my second son. I also had surgery to remove my endo again prior to that pregnancy. The third baby was all natural! We got pregnant about 6 months after my second baby was born, we lost that baby but realized we could get pregnant! We tried the following month and that is boy #3! Since I am 38 I dont have time to waste, so we are trying for baby #4 now. My sons are 5.5, 3 and 1.5.

All three boys were csections (first was foot first breech) and I have had multiple surgeries (4 since my 3rd csection) to fix the fact that my bladder migrated into my uterus. yup! I am interesting. My cycle has been messed up since that last surgery (Nov) and I have been on/off bcp's trying to regulate it. It seems like its better now but I am using OPK in order to pinpoint. So we did the BD before, during and after ovulation. Now I am in the TWW and obsessing over everything. I am 5dpo currently! Any cycle buddies out there? Im freaking out that it may never be possible with all these surgeries and complications. I still have two embryos left but FET's are hellish and I dont want to do it if I dont have to.
Kristina

TTC#4
DS #1 5.5yo conceived 1st round of IVF, DS#2 3yo conceived during 2nd FET, DS#3 1.5yo conceived naturally immediately after natural mc
knpoduch

Postby Veronica86 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:44 am

Hi ladies..

I'm 10 DPO today. Tested this morning and thought I saw a shadow line... it dried like this. Can't tell if there's any pink to it or not so I'll just have to wait it out and see what tomorrow's (or later today's) test says! Trying not get my hopes up because I've gotten plenty of evaps on these Wondfo's... but on the other hand, the beginning of my last BFP looked like this as well.

(sorry about the quality of the pic.. i had to crop it down quite a bit in order to fit here)
FullSizeRender (7).jpg
(240.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Welcome to all the new ladies! Seems we're quite the popular group lately! :)

Becca- Where are you?!?! I see you succeeded in not temping during your trip- way to go!! Hope you're ok- check in soon, you're my cycle buddy! ;)
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby knpoduch » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:03 am

Veronica,
Maybe you could upgrade to an FRER. I am just so paranoid about any other tests. I can almost see something in the middle window. hmmmmmm
Kristina

TTC#4
DS #1 5.5yo conceived 1st round of IVF, DS#2 3yo conceived during 2nd FET, DS#3 1.5yo conceived naturally immediately after natural mc
knpoduch

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:15 am

I feel like I see something on the middle test!
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 am

Hey ladies! I've been out of town all week which was a great way to pass the time. I was feeling out this morning, but used SMU and....
IMG_20170602_101406.jpg
IMG_20170602_101406.jpg (95.8 KiB) Viewed 500 times
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups