Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 2

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:28 pm

This is a continuation of Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be.We have been together for along time and this is a well established group with pregnant ladies and ttcers. I will give you all a little background of everyone and explain what we are about if you decide you would like to join us. We are very close and we have many long time ttcers in this thread. It is usually a pretty fast paced thread. We are very supportive and there is slot of knowledgeable people and we tell things like it is and don't sugar coat anything. So here's our background and read through it to see if you would like to join us.

Danaa is the longest member of this group. She has ttcedfor a very long time, 4 years I think. Anyway she finally got pregnant by IVF and miscarried at 5 weeks. Ivf #2' was a success as well and she conceived twin boys.. she recently at 21.5 weeks endured a tragedy that no one should have to go through. She lost both her boys due to an incompetent cervix. At 3 months out she can resume ttc again and as of now her plan is to do ivf again.

Nicksy has been ttc for a few years too. She has unexplained fertility. She has had multiple iuis and so far she hasn't gotten a bfp. She is currently waiting to do ivf soon.

Star is a long time ttcer as well. She did the egg retrieval twice and each time her embryos didn't develop enough to transfer. She recently moved and works a lot and is busy busy busy. They are trying naturally at the moment.

Whoz has been trying for awhile too. She got pregnant awhile back and had a missed miscarriage at around 10 weeks I think. She recently saw a FS and she has unexplained infertility. She is getting ready to give clomid a try as a first treatment before moving on to something else.

Loz has pcos and she has had her first egg retrieval and is currently awaiting ovulation so they can do FET and pun them babies in there!

Faith has one little girl and has been ttc awhile as well. She is on her first month of clomid and consulting abou moving to iui if he clomid doesn't work.

Fly just had a baby after several months on clomid. Her first month she conceived and miscarried at 8 weeks. She took many months of clomid and no bfp. She ok a cycle off and got pregnant that month. She has a beautiful daughter named Remy.

Andi has had 3 miscarriages and after he third she was takin a break and ended up with a surprise bfp and she's carried this one further than any of the others. Things are lookin great this go round!

Baby dust is our newest member and it took her along time to get pregnant with her first and his time around she got a bfp her first cycle trying.

Then there is me momma-of4 or I prefer Courtney. I have 4 kids and we decided we wanted a 5th and final baby. It took us 18 months to conceive. I finally found a dr who would give me clomid. It worked second cycle! I'm 16 weeks 1'day currently.

There are a few others who occasionally pop in and say hello but if you are regular I posted name and "season" you are in. I hope I didn't forget anyone and I hope I did ok with the descriptions. If there is anything you want me to add just let me know.
Last edited by Danaa on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 2

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:29 pm

New home ladies!!
Now let's get pregnant
Attachments
IMG_5710.JPG
(161.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_4135.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG (26.83 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Danaa: Thank you!! You did a good job. I didn't see MK aka Angela but everyone was accounted for ;)
I LOVE YOUR DOGGY!! I got doggy envy. I want a doggy baby so bad but my cat baby will due for now. He is super sweet but there is nothing like the licks and attempts to sit in your lap...hahaha. My big boy would do that all time. Miss him. How are you doing? Did you use OPK?

Oh, and did you know I have been on this site since 2008? Yup, I couldn't figure out how to sign in after having my daughter and so I just created a new username. Crazy.
DH:31
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven

My Ovulation Chart
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Faith I just copied what Courtney wrote on the other one,i will add MK next time.
Omg 2008?that is a long time ago,how was the site back then?!
Cats are really wonderful,so much independent than dogs.
I have puppy fever,I want that puppy smell and breath,the whining and the barking BUT not the pooping and peeing lol.
I remember jack one time he peed in my bed while we were cuddling,he was asleep and he woke up and he just let go:))he was an adorable puppy I wasn't even mad.
I used an opk and I got the biggest F U from it:)) it was so negative that I had to squint for that second line,soo negative that I thought I took an hpt,oh well:))i would very much want to O on cd12-13 so I still have like a week for it to turn positive.
My day was awesome,I cleaned and organized half of my kitchen,i cleaned all plates and bowls,forks,spoons etc,now i have left for the pots and pans to be scrubbed and make them look flawless and hopefully I can clean the turtles tank as well,Im trying to get done as much as possible before O bcs im always exhausted after ovulation,I barely clean around the house.
That is about it with me:)
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Danaa: Awww...yes the peeing. I use to try and not excite my dogs too much because one would just wet the floor right by my feet..haha. But it was so hard to not coo and pat them like crazy. I had a german shepherd, rat terrier, and 2 Chihuahuas(one passed then I adopted one of its grandchildren). I always wanted so many kids but I had doggies. :D

Blasted opk!!! At least you will know for sure when it gets color.
Nice go on the cleaning. I cleaned too but not THAT good...haha. I have so much to do still. But like you said, after ovulation, I'm so drained. All I want to do is sleep.
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven

My Ovulation Chart
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:23 am

Thanks Dana for the new digs.
You are so good! I am the worst at cleaning. I et to the weekend and I'm just done with adulting for the week and I turn into this blob of a human who just wants to lie on the couch with Netflix haha. My hubby is good at prompting me because he's really on top of chores so I feel guilty if I don't pitch in!
Faith, you have such self control to hold off on the peestick and only use 1, I really hope 1 is all you need.
Well ladies, I woke up at 3am today with horrendous ms. I've have a little nausea here and there but I actually woke up and had to sit by the toilet bowl for an hour. Then another hour hugging it as I vommed. Weird thing though...don't know if anyone here who has had ms can answer me. And sorry it's super gross. But all I brought up was this frothy foamy white stuff. So bizarre. It wasn't like bile (sadly I've thrown that up many times from food poisoning).
I know this is a strange thing to say but I'm actually kind of excited by the ms (for now). It just makes it so real and makes me feel more connected to boba FET. I did NOT feel that way when I was getting ready for work today, but luckily it was a pretty cruisey day (watching pilot screenings, fun!) or I would've really struggled in the office!
Hope eoe is well xx
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby faithrock » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 am

Momma: Forgot to say HEY, Thank you for updating us on your status. You just keep relaxing. Hugs

Loz: I didn't have ms. I can only imagine you were on an empty stomach? Preggy bodies don't want to give up food though ...lol. so might have been being stingey. Hope it calms down though. Happy you are enjoying it for the moment too.

AFM: Tender chest, nausea, insomina, frequent pee trips and hunger...ah, the body on a progesterone high. I'm sure it will get better by 8dpo(or sooner).
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven

My Ovulation Chart
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:14 am

Loz I did not had morning sickness that bad I only had nausea for like a week or so and I can't remember last time I puked :)) Im not much of a help sadly.
Faith is crazy how our bodies mimic pregnancy symptoms even when we are not pregnant,progesterone is a really pain in the butt.
My first cycle after my boys I didn't felt my progesterone was that high,no sore breasts,no high sex drive after 7-8dpo,weird.
I only slept for like 6h,I woke up to check on jack bcs he was whining and I'm wide awake since,I have to get up take him out to pee and then drink my caffeine free coffee.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 am

Dana I forgot to say because we changed threads. Thanks for sharing a picture of Jack. He's so beautiful! I love seeing pics of him (and hearing tales of his adorable cheekiness).
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Loz28 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks faith. I did have a really big dinner for my sisters birthday the night before. Mexican food and then vegan doughnut cake because she's vegan. i knownitnwasnt food poisoning as when I've woken up around the same time from that, I've thrown up actual food. You're right, it was like even though there was still food in my stomach my body was like NOPE. We need that thanks.
Dana, faith, it is so strange to me, even more so now that I have experienced early pregnancy, to think just how similar period and pregnancy symptoms are. Those darn hormones!!!
Well, I'm about to head to bed. We've moved back home (with my parents) after house sitting for the in laws for a few weeks and now I have a super sleepy, purry, CLINGY cat that wants alllll the attention haha. The other one could not care less that we've returned, typical!
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby faithrock » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:32 am

Loz: Oh my gosh. Clingy cats. Its some thing else. I woke up at 2am unable to go back to sleep until 330 but was awaken by my cat attempting to talk tome through our bedroom door. He tries to mimic me and it sounds hilarious. We can't let him sleep with us because I'm a light sleeper and he likes to jump in and out of the bed then onto the nightstands having a party at a moments notice. So we let him sleep in our daughters room and she loves it. We have to leave him at a kitty hotel when we go on vacation and my husband is so worried about him being ok because he hates being caged up and will try to get out. I hope they house him with a nice kitty so he is not alone. He hates being alone.

As for pregnancy feeling like pms..ugh, my goodness. I can't imagine my chest continuing to hurt like this if I get preggers. I was dodging the shower this morning they hurt so bad. They have only hurt like this 3 or 4 times that I can remember and I was either pregnant or not trying...lol So that tells me I did ovulate really well. I'm still taking the progesterone just in case though.

What do you do for work again? I forget. I'm HR coordinator so life is pretty predictable on my end...lol..

HI EOE HUGS
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven

My Ovulation Chart
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:40 am

Pregnancy and cats
Topic:)) I don't have antibodies for toxomplasmosis and the doc told me to keep away from cats and wash the veggies and fruits very well and cook the meat very well.
Have you ladies been tested for that?!It can be pretty dangerous in pregnancy from what I read.
Faith im sure you cooked one strong eggie ready to
Be fertilized.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:56 am

Danaa: I have not been tested for it. But I do know my husband said I'm to stay away for the kitty litter once pregnant. But I'm going to go get tested anyway because I had such a horrible reaction to him when we first brought him home. I think its too much cat dander that gets me because I was visiting him in the store filled with cats for adoption when my body lost it.

My husband boarded off my kitchen so he can't get in there and around my food areas. But aside from the bathrooms and our bedroom, the rest of the house stays pretty open for him. Speaking of that, its time I dedander it...lol...if that's even a word.

How are you doing today?
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven

My Ovulation Chart
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:04 pm

quick post to get this link easy access

hugs to all. started testing this morning BFN. not feeling too optimistic since right now I'm a total b**ch... and that makes me think AF is about to come.
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim/Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol until retrieval, methyl prednisolone and doxycycline following retrieval

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Faith im doing alright,I no more kitchen cleaning today:))I over did it a bit with heavy lifting and I had cramps and spotting so I'm taking it easy.
Even if the cat doesn't goes into ur kitchen make sure to cook the meat very well and wash the veggies and fruits.
I think if the cat doesn't go outside you are fine.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups