Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 2

Postby Loz28 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi guys,
Well I'm pretty freaking stressed out. My land was meant to settle today but we are also refinancing our unit in order to put part of the deposit on the land. The bank we are leaving are refusing to settle today even though they've known for weeks. So frustrating. You guys, don't get a loan with Citibank ever (if they are an option where you are!) they are the absolute worst to deal with. Glad I'm going back to an Aussie bank haha.
Star thank you! How are you going? Psyching yourself up for IVF? Good on you for doing HIIT, it is great! I used to run to stay in shape but I wasn't able to do it during ivf and I've lost whatever tiny fitness I had. I tried to run a little the other day and could only manage a minute or 2 at a time haha.
Courtney, I'm so glad Luke's surgery went well. I hope the pain is gone for good this time. Hoping the drive isn't too bad.
Nicky, I LOVE mango. The one craving I've had so far aha been for summer fruits and it's the middle of winter here. I managed to find some imported nectarines but no luck with mangoes. Oh well, only a few months til they are back in season yummm. Haha I can totally imagine that. I do like Indian food, the flavours are so rich that I can only have it every so often though, so I can understand wanting to experiment with less spices etc! I love trying different seasonings but that's as far as my food experimentation goes! I am obsessed with garlic. To the point that I will warn people if I'm cooking something with garlic that they better love it because it'll have 4 times the amount of the recipe haha.
Dana, thank you. I want to do what I can. The countryside in Australia is a bit different from elsewhere haha. It's not the nicest place to live - depending on where it is of course. Some places are just very isolated. My hubby went to university out in the country and he made some amazing friends there but it depressed him being so far away from everything and it's just not very pretty out there. I live in the suburbs which is nice though - lots of trees and hills. What's your area like? Are you right in the city? I've actually never been to Greece but would love to visit. So much history!
Angela, glad the new job is working out. You'll get used to being on your feet! It does suck at first though. I haven't worked retail in years but when I did I was so fit haha!
Thanks faith! Sorry work was such a bastard. Hope it eases off soon. I think your chart looks good but it's way too early to test lol!! I know there are people out there who get super early BFPs. Happy testing ;) alcoholic root beer sounds great. I haven't really missed alcohol yet but I think when it gets to be summer over here and everyone is drinking beer it will be a strange sensation not to join in!
Andi, I'm so glad you had a lovely vacation and how nice of your family to plan you a baby shower. I know it's so hard not to worry and we all get superstitious about some things as well. I am trying really hard to just take the attitude of 'enjoy it while it lasts' for now but it's so hard to relax.
Fly, I hope the move is going well and you'll be all settle in soon.
AFM, I did my NIPT blood test yesterday. They say the results take 5-7 days to get to your dr, but I'm not seeing her for another 3 weeks so I'm hoping she either calls when the results are in or the results arrive with me not long after. I've asked for them to be posted to me as well, but it takes 2-6 days to post something so it could be another 2 weeks before I know anyway!! Ahhh the wait is already killing me at it's been less than 2 days haha.
I am telling my work in 2 weeks and telling my extending family including grandma next weekend. Hoping I get the results before then. I can't seem to focus on anything else at the moment.
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby starMint » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:13 am

Courtney - that is great news about the surgery :)
Loz - grrrrr house and lending stuff is the pits! they get away with horrible customer service and rake us over coals to get an ounce of money out. I hate to sound ungrateful b/c their lending does make it possible to do things that otherwise we couldn't, but geez.
Faith - your temps look good. I hope you get that BFP in a few days :)
Andi - one step at a time! you have plenty of time to get what you need :)

AFM - sigh. this cycle is annoying. on the plus side, I just got more vitamins! I'm taking like 14 pills everyday --
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#3 starting Nov 27, 2017 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur (been doing 7 units hGH since 11/1)
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim/Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol until retrieval, methyl prednisolone and doxycycline following retrieval

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Loz: Ah, man, if it isn't one thing its another. Citibank SUCKS. I won't go into my sob story because your situation totally topples my old one. Keep your head up, your home is on the horizon. You are too cute. I laughed so hard when you said how it would be odd not to partake in drinking of beer...ehehhe...a weird sensation I must say. Like not eating donuts whenever I want to now that I am on a low cal meal plan. My mouth just opens...and no donuts enter it...strange

Star: Girl, if I get a BFP I don't think I could manage to keep breathing even. That would turn my frown up side down. Awwww....more vitamins!! Gotta do what ya gotta do. Every bit of hope behind you.

HI EOE HUGS :D

AFM: I had on and off again crying spells because I got a negative today. I was doing the best I could to make phone calls and punch in numbers for pay. But tears would just come bursting out. Like this is the worst I've ever experienced with ttc. Its not. And when its meant to happen it will. Until then I've decided getting drunk at home in the middle of the work day is a bad idea. I was about to start nursing a rootbeer when some one asked me to mail them off some forms for the doc's office. I'm flippin' at home! I can't do it. Oh, no, I'm going to have to drive in! Soooo glad I wasn't drunk. However, I got a hold of my sweet vacationing boss and she told me some one else could do that. I was so relieved. I have enough to worry about with getting everything set for payday. Well, in the midst of my tears because no matter how I tried I kept coming across pregnancy related issues with everything I did that sent me balling - I got a raise in pay. Yup. I was working my heart out and realized the paperwork I was working on had my name on it with a juicy raise. That brightened my day considerably.

I don't know if I will test in the morning. Last cycle proved my temps can stay high and still not get a bfp. My husband is on Clomid still. Maybe in a few months we will see a change in his libido. And with the raise, I can afford my HSG...woohoo!!
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Oh, dear Faith. I am so sorry that you were feeling so sad. I'm glad you were able to be in the privacy of your home to let out your feelings and cry, but I'm sorry that you had to work! Gosh, I wish I could cheer us all up. How cool that you got a RAISE though. How fun is that??

Lolz, that IS stressful. Ugh. And being pregnant can really exaggerate emotions! Best of luck.

Nicky, how are you holding up? When do you get your blood drawn?

Lolz, when is your appointment? What are you hoping to discuss/plan? Or, what do you really want to come out of this next appointment?

Andi and Lolz, my offer still stands about the baby gyms. But if it's not to your taste, just let me know. I won't be offended in the least. Andi, can you PM me your baby registry if you feel okay with that? I would like to get you a little something.

AFM, guys, I don't know if I'm getting desperate or what. Doing Ovaboost, baby aspirin, SMEP, wondfos opk and clearblue fertility monitor (yeah, I sprung the cash--and kind of regretting it? But it will test for estrogen, too, so that's how I'm justifying it), preseed, soft cups, DH is taking Fertilaid, progesterone, prenatal, BBT charting. We have our appointment on the 18th to discuss IUI and ReceptivaDX (a cheaper new way to test for endemetriosis).
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby faithrock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:37 am

Whoz: A raise was nice. Even nicer it takes effect this pay on Friday. I'm going to be a the dollar store "WAZ UP MY PPL". I am right behind you in extra effort next cycle. I don't want to hyper stimulate my ovaries so no Clomid or Soy. However, I've ordered Chinese herbs (fallopian tubes, fibroids), Serrapeptase Enzymes, found an infertility acupuncture center. I hope in the midst of all this that we get pregnant and I get healthier. FX for us to get a healthy baby baking. I hope your appt. goes well too.
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AndiA108 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 am

Aww Faith - Those on and off again crying days are the worst! But you know what, sometimes I think we need them to just release all the stress that comes with ttc. It is the toughest most emotional journey! *hugs* and praying you get that BFP SOON! It's nice that your day ended on a positive note with a raise! It's funny you mentioned the drinking thing. People always asked me how I didn't start drinking early in the day working from home. I always made a promise to myself to not start until after 5 because I felt like it was a slippery slope lol. Unless I was out with friends for lunch then I'd let myself have that glass of wine. ;)

Whoz - awww you are so sweet! I will definitely PM you my registry whenever I have it semi figured out haha. I didn't realize you were still doing your gyms. I had it in my mind that you stopped. What is your link again?? I don't think you're desperate! I think you're trust trying everything you can which is not a bad thing! Keep us posted about your appointment. I'll have to research this new procedure for endo. Have they found spots on an ultra sound before? I know they thought I might have it because I kept getting these blood filled spots but then they would go away so they said nahh.

Star - those cycles are annoying! I'm glad you ordered some more vitamins and I hope they help! 14 sheesh! Haha that's a lot girl.

Loz - the waiting game just never ends does it! haha. I found that distracting myself with a good book or DIY hobby helps me to keep my mind off test results. Let us know how it goes!

AFM - So ladies I don't know if I ever got to share because I was absent before I got that surprise bfp but I did do the Whole 30 "diet... (quotes because it's technically suppose to be a lifestyle which I have given up since pregnancy lol), the month before I got pregnant. Although, I mainly believe my bfp just can't be explained because it's still so shocking to me... I also can't help but think the whole 30 helped me. I had read about women struggling with infertility and then got their bfp on the whole 30. It can help with a number of physical illnesses and for me I think it helped with inflammation down there. Not that I was ever diagnosed with anything other than unexplained infertility and recurrent unexplained miscarriages, but they thought I might have a hostile environment. I also used to get a lot of pain and discomfort in my pelvic area. On the diet that went away, along with a lot of my weight which is a bonus! It can help with inflammation in the brain as well that reduces anxiety. I really enjoyed the whole 30 because it's strict guidelines and you can eat as much as you want from what you're allowed. It's definitely daunting at first glance but trust me it's a lot easier than it looks! I plan to go back on after I have the baby.

Anyway, ramble over haha just wanted to share!!
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

11/18/2017 - Our hearts will forever be changed. Our baby boy was born in to the hands of God at 39 weeks and 1 day due to a true knot in his cord. Truly heart broken.
AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:41 am

Angela: Sorry about the AF hun. Hugs! I am glad your job is working out well, with its pay timings and a little bonus of loosing extra calories. Thanks for the wishes.

Danaa: Big hug for you! You have all the right to see those scans and things. They are always going to be your boys. Forever. Memories are yours. Really hoping that both of us are gonna have our babies soon!

Faith: Hugs sweetie. I am sorry about the apalling feelings. So many emotions, such little time to process. Very happy about your raise though. Yay for HSG paytime. Friday is almost here. I hope you can use the extra money to definitely try IUI once. And thank you for the wishes.

Andi: Yes, I am from India:-) Glad to hear your family is planning a baby shower. That is so cool. Yay for prenatal yoga too! That's one class i will definitely be interested in. Can you tell more about the whole 30 diet??Sounds interesting

Courtney: Woohoo for a good surgery! Hoping Luke and you are getting some rest now.

Star: 14 vitamins! Wow, just wow... That's a lot! Wishing you a BFP soon.

Whoz: I am doing fine. No blood draw. We didn't do any transfer in the cycle. Waiting for AF. Hopefully, i can get transfer done in the next cycle itself. It is amazingly sweet of you to offer the gyms! You are an amazing human being. I will check out about the new test you mentioned. Haven't heard about it.

Loz: So sorry about the loan trouble. Banks can be d**kheads some time. But I am glad you have your announcement to focus on. Have you finalized yet, amongst your choices? Btw, I have never had nectarines. Don't get them here in India. Monsoon season is approaching now, so we also have some of the last mangoes of the season. So enjoying them. I love summer fruits!

EOE, hello. AFM, nothing much happening here. Have had boring work days! I feel like taking a vacation, but with this IVF and all our money spent, that doesn't seem like a possibility right now. Well, may be later.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Im here reading ladies but the heat is making me crazy and on top of that my hormones are out of their mind,they are making me fat and super emotional.
Loz I hope you solved the bank problem,I hate banks that is why we still haven't done anything about our house yet....
Faith hugs,congratulations on the raise.
Whoz hugs Im looking forward for you to have iui,is hard taking all those supliments but once ur pregnant you will forget all about them.
Eoe hello,I'm not doing so good bcs I hate this heat,I couldn't even go out to have the pap done,i took jack for his evening walk and I almost passed out,headache and sweat and it was 8pm....that hot.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Oh my, Dana, that sounds hot! How do you like to cool down? Do you have ac?

Nicky, girl, I feel SO badly. I of course KNOW you are waiting a month to do FET. I totally just goofed it for a minute and was thinking/hoping? that you were in your tww. FX you get your period soon. Please forgive me!

Andi, interesting about your Whole 30. I know lots of people who have done it. It's tough stuff. Your post made me sad cuz it made me think, what if I'm not doing enough to get pregnant--for instance doing a detox like that? I have a little toddler and a husband who is not interested in the Whole 30, so I don't know if I could really commit to it. It makes me sad cuz i think, what if i am keeping myself from getting pregnant by not doing it?
DS born July 2015
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AndiA108 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:57 am

Whoz - Do NOT think that at all!! You are doing everything you can to get pregnant and it is not any of our faults that we are on or had these long journeys! I'm so sorry it made you feel that way! I just shared because I know we always share different things we hear about that can help so I thought I'd share that one. Who knows if it helped me or not, haha. You are most definitely NOT keeping yourself from getting pregnant. I don't know why some women have to wait so long for their baby to come and go through all we have all been through. I really don't. But what I tried to accept is that, well it's my story. My story wasn't to get pregnant right away, my story for whatever reason was to try for over 2 years and have 3 miscarriages. Don't lose hope because I know your BFP is coming for baby #2!!
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

11/18/2017 - Our hearts will forever be changed. Our baby boy was born in to the hands of God at 39 weeks and 1 day due to a true knot in his cord. Truly heart broken.
AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:35 am

Whoz omg girl stop doing this to yourself,no diet in this world can help you conceive if you have real problems or your body is simply not ready for a baby.
I started healthy eating in January 2016 and even before that i didn't had that much junk food,everything was homemade and I wasn't eating fried foods or oily foods except fries and i have not gotten pregnant.
You are doing more then enough to get pregnant ,don't do this to yourself.
Hugs!!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:31 am

Thank you, Dana and Andi. I was feeling quite low about it since the post but after talking to my husband he seemed to calm me down.

Andi, I am so glad you shared your story with us, and you should be able to do so! It is very interesting and I wonder if it did help. However, because I feel that we are close and "real" enough with each other, I thought it would be okay to disclose my distress after the post. I wasn't mad or offended. I was only fretful about the notion that I am not doing enough to get pregnant. I'm doing so much already that adding an exclusive diet seems overwhelming and depressing to me at this point in my life.

Thanks for understanding.

I'm worried about Courtney. She is such a regular poster and she hasn't been on for a few days. Anyone know if she's on vacation or something?
DS born July 2015
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby faithrock » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:34 am

Whoz: I'm with everyone else. Your rainbow baby will get here when it is time no matter what diet you do or don't do. HUGS That whole 30 does look interesting though...heheh
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:39 am

Here is my contribution to the BFN Hall of Nope. My husband was laughing at my flashlight light antics and taking tests apart..lol..sigh. He was helping me determine the negativeness of all my sticks. Poor fella.

On to a new cycle.

HUGS EO
Attachments
IMG_20170714_122620126.jpg
(96.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:44 am

Whoz: She is bringing her husband home after his back surgery. They should be home getting him settled in.
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups