Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 2

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Ugh whoz I'm sorry your counselor isn't much help and that is so expensive! Try and find another one! In telling uounwith the right person it is helpful. I only pay 35$ for an hour. There's sometimes I do a lot of the taking and others it's both of us. I know it has to be hard to figure out if you really really want another baby. I went through that when we first decided to start trying. Luke wanted one and I did not. It took me awhile to come around. I hope and pray it's not too hard on you! What dpo are you or have you ovulated yet? I'm on my phone and can't check your chart. Hugs girl!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:36 am

Whoz, I agree. It's so important for you to click with your counsellor. She mwah be good for someone but if she's not for you it's fine to be picky - you're paying for this service.
I hate that you are going through these mixed emotions at the moment. I hate all the s**t we all have had to go thru. I wanted to say though, there is no rush to make a decision. You don't need to worry about the fact that your feelings change from one second to the next, or whether what you're feeling is a self protection etc. your one job is to look after yourself! (And your LO & DH of course). give yourself time to heal and the right answer will come to you the longer you spend thinking about it. It's so easy to get caught up in what's 'right' or to feel that you need to decide. Here is my suggestion (and purely an idea, I'm obviously not a therapist) - each day wake up and make a decision for that day, and that day only. If one month during your fertile days you're not feeling it, then that's fine. I think we all get so wrapped up in thinking about the future and playing the what if game and it can really drain you over time. Sorry if I am overstepping the mark offering unsolicited advice hahahaha. That's what I do best!
Courtney, I hope the sinus thing resolves itself! We are just going into winter here and I've forgotten what it was like to wake up in the morning and not sneeze 7 times and then need to blow your nose constantly! I know the sinus flush isn't fun but it does help. Do you have the headache too or just the stuffiness? I remember you telling us about Luke and the nasal spray before. Glad he broke his addiction. I have a friend who is addicted, uses it literally every day even if she's not stuffed up, as a preventative :S
Faith, good to hear from you and enjoy the 'raise' haha. That's gotta get you a few extra peesticks this month.
Wish!! I am waiting with bated breath for your next test! Fx so hard for you.
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Wishfull15 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 am

Momma
My temps are still pretty rocky, but have stayed up since I. My test this morning was stark white. I just threw it away. It was a rapid response and not early results. Thank you for tweaking my test. I am afraid it would get my hopes up. If I don't start by Saturday I'll buy more test.
Faith
Thanks I hope so. YAY for more hours.
Dana
I feel you. I gained 20 lbs after my loss. I just ate everything while I bled, and I bled for almost 4 months.
Loz
Yes I got to keep my tube. I had two shots of Methotrexate to dissolve the sack. It saved the tube but it still gets tender some times.
Wishfull15
Friend

Postby Wishfull15 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:01 am

If I missed anyone sorry.
How are you
Wishfull15
Friend

Postby Wishfull15 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:07 am

Wishfull15
Friend

Postby whoz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 am

Wishfull, I also gained a chunk of weight during the recent pregnancy and after the miscarriage as well. I think I just wanted some kind of comfort in my life.
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (with an arsenal of natural treatments) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (Sept 2017) - Endo confirmed and removed
Fertility treatment October - December 2017
Surprise BFP! - January 2018
EDD - September 12, 2018

whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Nickysy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi Everyone..

Wish: I am sorry about your BFN this morning. No one has to go through what we have over here. But I am not ready to give up hope on all of us. I am glad you got to keep your tube though. Being back to ttc after a loss can be sure shot stressful. Your chat looks decent. I am surely hopeful for you. May be clomid is all you need. Do you have plans to move to other treatment options though?

Whoz: I am sorry your counsellor didn't help. May be you need to find another one. Its saddens me that you are going through all these mixed emotions. Believe me, just 2 days back I was sharing the same thoughts with DH. Whether there is a true desire, or just a want thats unfulfilled, or I am having a defense mechanism by accepting that life is pretty either ways. Truth is, ttc long enough can make even the strongest people weak sometimes. And I am trying more and more to just accept whatever I am feelimg, and let it be. Yesterday in market, I saw so much kids stuff and i was wishing i could buy those. Day before, I was ok with the idea of no kids, as it means I can focus more on myself. Like Loz put it, these feelings keep changing everyday. So I have come to accept them as part of me.

Danaa: I am hoping your opk is turning positive today. Sorry about the chaufing underarms. Hopefully you got some respite from it. Nonetheless, I have seen your pictures, and you look amazingly beautiful Danaa. Body is more about being fit, than being skinny supermodels. As long as you are able to build on your stamina, that should be your goal. I have gone from 60kg (at my short height of 5 feet, 2 inches) to 49kg at one point of time. And it didn't happen over 2 months. It took a good dedicated year. I am back at 57kg right now, thanks to ttc and meds and of course my laziness. But i know i feel fine. I just need my body healthy enough to have my baby/babies. And by no means, even at 49kg weight, I was skinny ever. I have a curvy body type, and it took me years to accept that it can be beautiful too. Relax Danaa, you are gonna be an amazingly yummy mummy!

Courtney: I hope your cough has resolved a bit at least. Rest up good please.

Loz: Thanks. I am sure I am going to have plenty of questions. Will keep you ladies updated as we go forward. How was your meeting? Hoping the meds helped you. Let the time pass by quickly for you to enter second tri, just so that MS can take some backseat.

Faith: Thanks a lot. And congratulations on your raise!! I hope you are gonna enjoy increased working hours.

Star, Andi, Angela, Babydust, Fly: Hello.

AFM, nothing much to report! Like I mentioned earlier, I have started with my Lupron injections. And I have to continue those even with menses. Waiting for AF to show its face now, so that we can start with the stims. Hopefully, this is the cycle.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(35), DH (33), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Endometriosis diagnosed feb 2015
3 Failed IUIs, FET#1 (oct 2017)- Chemical Pregnancy, FET#2 (nov 2018)- BFN. Journey continues.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Ladies no personals bcs I suck:)) I can't focus,the opks are making depressed....they are not progressing and im not feeling like ovulation is close so that sucks,if I don't O by cd20 I will start progesterone to jump start my period.
I wanted to add that I'm not looking to be skinny or look like a model I just want to feel good and be healthy,im 5 and 2 and I weigh 165lbs when I should be 130lbs for my height,I don't think I'm at healthy weight plus with all my upcoming treatments I will definitely put more weight on and that can't be healthy for me or a future pregnancy.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Whoz I think what Nicky said is just perfect I agree with everything she said.
Wish good to see you back and I'm sorry about the bfn I really hope it turns into a bfp soon.
Is it normal to bleed for that long after a loss?
Faith congratulations on ur raise!!
Loz looking forward to ur scan.
Nicky you are at a healthy weight for your height,Im as tall as you and I weigh 75 kg that is obesity not just a few extra kilos.
Ivf is a roller coaster of emotions but we are here for you!!
Eoe hello I hope you are all doing alright.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi ladies!
I've been under a rock trying to get caught up at work after being out for a few days on a vacation. AF came (and is wenting lol). I'm hoping this third month on ovaboost is going to do it. DH and I discussed our next steps and so will be going for another round of IVF for end of summer if I don't get that bfp soon. time is ticking....
Nicky - happy to hear you can start your protocol!!!
Danaa - you've been able to lose the weight before. I have faith you will do it again! :) The key really is a combination of diet and exercise. I recommend doing HIIT (high intensity interval training). It burns up the weight the fastest. I've followed a number of different blogger/vloggers and my current favorite is zuska light (she is on youtube and facebook). you should check out her workouts... they are short and intense!
whoz - I'm sorry you are feeling down. I agree with Loz that if you are not satisfied with your counselor, find another one. I would hate to sit in a room and just tell a stranger how I'm feeling and not get any feedback. Maybe a better person to meet with would be a behavioral psychologist --- someone who can give you behavioral techniques to manage your stress/anxiety/sadness.
EOE - Hello hello hello
Me: 39 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
Transfer 1 - BFN; Transfer 2 BFN
IVF#3 20 eggs retrieved (12/13/17); 12 fertilized; 2 5-day blasts!
150iu gonalF+150iu Menopur x 14 days (6xCetrotide) , 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger (5 weeks of 7 units hGH started 11/1)
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim+150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu; 4x250iu Ganirelix), 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim + 75iu Menopur x 13 days (last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu; 4xGanirelix), 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:57 am

Danaa: Glad to hear from you! I agree if you want to lose a few kgs! Honestly, even with my weight, doc also suggested to lose some. But I have been super lazy to do anything about it. Nonetheless, like star mentioned, diet and exercise is the way to go. You have done it before! And we can all root for you. HIIT is great. Doesn't take too long, and makes you feel good. I tried this app called 8 fit. And it worked for me. Else, i try to go to you tube, pick up a random video, and try to do it. Whatever I can. I haven't done any exercise in last 20 days or so. But I know this is what i like to get back to. Else there can always be dancing for me.

Star: Thanks a bunch. Sorry about AF. I hope you won't need your IVF.

EOE, hello.

Quick question to ladies who got done IVF. My current protocol is 21 days of Birth Control Pills with Lupron from 19th day of taking the pill (its my 21st day of pill, and 3rd day of lupron), followed by stims from day 3, after the lab results of day 2. Did anyone of you did the long lupron protocol? I am borderline pcos, with ovulation and periods happening regularly. Last measured, my AMH was 6.
My Ovulation Chart

3 Failed IUIs, FET#1 (oct 2017)- Chemical Pregnancy, FET#2 (nov 2018)- BFN. Journey continues.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 am

Star ty for the suggestion,I will check that out on YouTube.
I do have a healthy diet,veggies,chicken,fruits and I walk jack every day for at least 30mins plus all the house work,im pretty active but is like my body is holding on to every kilo i have.
Im rooting for you this summer.
Nicky i have no idea,maybe until egg collection?Is supposed to keep your pituitary gland from doing things on her own,I don't see any reason to continue with the drug after the ER.Also if you used lupron now i don't think you can use as a trigger to avoid ohss?right?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Danaa: You are right. I can't use it as a trigger to prevent ohss, since I am already using it for downregulation. Was just trying to understand its function, but finally got it. My scientific curiosity was killing me! So its supposed to cause an initial increase in FSH and LH, both required to cause good AFC in the next cycle (these hormones are normally produced by corpus luteum formed after ovulation, but birth control pills prevent it). Thereafter, it gives a signal that there is enough, causing the pitutiary gland to not produce any FSH/LH, called as downregulation. Body therefore becomes a clean slate, with supressed FSH and LH. So docs can give FSH stims, and LH/hcg for trigger. Phew! Took me sometime to figure this out. Now its just a waiting game on. AF. Tests on day 2. Then the final decision on stims. And the reamining month of monitoring and ultrasounds, and retrieval... Blah blah... Seems like the waiting just never stops!
I am rooting for your diet! I am super bad at maintaining a good one. I sure hope so you enjoy your workout! Good luck..
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Nicky, that makes sense to me with your AMH level. Mine was 40 because of the PCOS so it was high risk for OHSS & no point in down regulating as my LH was not the problem. It seems strange to me they'd give you PCO diagnoses with low AMH? Almost always PCO goes hand in hand with high or at worst normal range AMH.
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Loz28 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Ladies, pls help me. I cannot stop eating. I'm eating more than twice what I usually would in a day because every 1-2 hours I get so hungry my stomach is literally loudly grumbling. I've tried holding it off with tea or water but it just makes me feel more sick. (Sorry for the pity party, I completely know how lucky I am to be feeling these thins. I just also know that my pants are already becoming super uncomfortably tight hahaha)
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28