Just started referral process

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just started referral process

Postby Vault101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:20 am

It's been quite a while since I was here. I gave up forums, symptom spotting and obsessing for a couple of years in the hope it would kickstart something. It hasn't. I also stopped tracking my cycle completely, but that was a mistake tbh because now it catches me out at seemingly random times (even though I'm sure it's actually as regular as ever).

So. I'm 30, OH is 32, and after four years of giving it a bloody fair go and getting absolutely nowhere, we've turned to the docs for a little prodding and poking and whathaveyou before they decide we're too old and past helping. Advice and input and general tales of what happens would be much appreciated from those ahead of where we're at now.

So far they've done OH's tests and all is peachy, and they've done my ultrasound, blood tests and general probing but I'm yet to get any results back. So, I'm in that awkward bit where it's definitely not him, but it still might be me. So it's a different kind of TWW for me right now - waiting for doctors appt to roll around, so they can tell us what the hell we do next. Yay(!)
Vault101

Re: Just started referral process

Postby Danaa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm

I really hope you find an answer soon.
You are young so egg quality is not a problem and if ur partner semen analysis showed no problems I think ur next logical step is an hsg to check ur tubes after you get ur blood tests results.
Infertility is such a stressful journey.
Good luck to you.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Vault101 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:47 am

Cheers.
I certainly feel young - but apparently the cut-off for referrals is 35? So that's pushed us to get started.
Last bloods four-ish months ago were normal so can't see how anything has changed since then. And the nurse doing the scan at least confirmed I do indeed have a uterus and ovaries (until someone checks for the first time, you can't help but wonder...) I did have a peek at the screen but it just looked like the weather map to me. :wink:
Vault101

Postby Tara04 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:03 am

We are almost in the exact same position. Just got some referrals yesterday start doing more investigating. I am 31 and husband is 36. It be nice to stay on contact and support each other. Hard to know where to start when everything is so overwhelming and emotional. Sending good vibes your way sister!
Tara04

Return to General TTC Stuff