5dpo and looking for a tww buddy

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 5dpo and looking for a tww buddy

Postby Roman&LeilanisMommy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:18 am

Thx, girls! I've decided to wait till this weekend and get a digital instead of FRER's. I still have a few more of the cheapies left so I'll take one each morning for the rest of this week to keep an eye on progression. I know I probably shouldn't but I honestly just can't help myself. Lol! I didn't pee at all last night so I could see a nice pink line this morning.. but instead I got another faint positive. I can't help but worry now :( I've been having strong period-type cramps throughout the night/morning. I'm so scared of another miscarriage.

Bee: that's freakin awesome that you're taking good care of your body! What exercises do you do? I used to be a health and fitness fanatic, like to the point where it most likely wasn't healthy. I was a big ol gal a few years ago and lost 100 lbs through diet and exercise. 10 lbs makes a huge difference in how you feel. Keep It up and all of your hard work will pay off for sure! The endorphins will keep you in a good mood, and a happy, relaxed mind and body is a wonderful environment for a growing baby bean!

MrsK: Is today The Day?! Cycle day 3? Yaaay for clomid! I feel really hopeful about this cycle for you. I'll bet that clomid will do the trick :D
Roman&LeilanisMommy

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:20 am

Aw, R&L mommy, I know that stress all too well. I can give you the usual "wondfos aren't good for progression" and "it takes 48 hours for HCG to double, and the small amount you're catching with sensitive tests isn't going to change much in those really early days." But I know that (while true!) none of that can erase that worry after a loss. It's just another waiting game to see if this one sticks. I'm sending all the baby dust your way in hopes it does!

As for exercise.... Lol. Where do I begin? So years ago, I was really in shape, ran a couple of miles several times a week, did HIIT 5 to 6 days a week, etc. Then I got married, then I had a baby, then I was just lazy. 70 lbs later (yikes!) here I am. Well 60 now. ;)

About a year ago, I tried to get back into a strict diet plan a along with HIIT and pushed myself harder than I should until I burned out and gave up. So this time, I've just been focusing eating better. The loss has been slow but steady. I haven't felt deprived or under pressure. I don't count any calories, just focus on eating good things, and have a treat once a week.

But I decided that my current health problems (pre-diabetic) are going to take forever to cure that way and could be affecting my ability to carry a pregnancy, so I'm adding exercise back in... Slowly. I just got a new elliptical and had planned to do 20 minutes a day on that to start and then do body weight, dumbbell, and ab exercises along with it a few times a week.

... And then I got on the elliptical. Omg I am SO out of shape! I get out a lot, and do a lot of walking, but this little elliptical is more vertical than others I've been on, so you have to keep a jogging pace to keep it moving and it feels more like a stair stepper. My legs were burning after only a couple of minutes. I only ended up doing 10 minutes and felt like I was going to die lol.

So, that was my long way of explaining that I'm going to have to start slow- this week I'm doing 10 minutes a day on the elliptical followed by ab/bodyweight exercises a few times a week. I'll see where I'm at by next Tuesday (that's my weigh in day for my weight loss group, so the day I start new goals each week) and adjust as necessary!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Well, yesterday I almost got on here to complain how far away I was from O and that I wished it would hurry up. Today, I'm glad it's not O time because we're stuck in the hospital with our little dude. (He's ok, just receiving breathing treatments and being monitored until he starts responding better to treatment.) I just keep thinking maybe it's a good thing this didn't happen right before O!
Either way, I'm ready to go home!
IMG_20170817_163110.jpg
IMG_20170817_163110.jpg (225.39 KiB) Viewed 292 times

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Roman&LeilanisMommy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Omg noooo! I'm so sorry, bee!! I hope your little man feels better asap! Sending prayers and hugs your way <3
Roman&LeilanisMommy

Postby Roman&LeilanisMommy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Just a quick update on me; my tests have definitely darkened and the nausea and fatigue have hit me like a freaking Mack truck! Seriously, I feel awful!

MrsK; yaaaaay for clomid! I'm glad you're not feeling any harsh effects from it (also knocks on wood, lol) . What are the usual clomid side effects?
Roman&LeilanisMommy

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Well, we're finally home. It's been a rough few days and I have now caught the cold that started it all, so I'm feeling pretty crappy! Henry's on the mend and things should settle down just in time to get to baby making time sometime this next week.

Mrs.K, he has asthma as a side effect of viral illnesses. So he doesn't normally have it, but this is the second time a common cold has landed him in the ER, first time being admitted, for breathing treatments and observation. If it happens again as we get into cold and flu season, they'll put him on a preventative inhaler. Have you finished the clomid? Do you feel extra fertile lol?

R&L Mommy, glad those tests are darkening up and I'm glad you feel awful. ;) I remember being so offended when the nurse at my 6 week check up said that to me, but it means things are going well, so it's good news! I hope you find some things to make you more comfortable, though!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am

CD 12 here and also just waiting... I've been really interested this cycle because I've noticed subtile signs and looked back on my charts to make some predictions. The one thing I can say about trying for a long time is that you learn SO much about your body! I got sore boobs and started breaking out last Saturday. I *think* this happens every cycle, but I've only bothered recording it on 3 or 4. But where I have it recorded, it's usually 7 days before O, 9 on one cycle. So if that holds true this time, I'd expect to start seeing ewcm today or tomorrow, get a positive opk between Thursday and Saturday, and O between Saturday and Monday. How awesome would it be if I'm right and can rely on these signs on the future? A full week notice of O would be sooo convenient! We'll see if I'm right...

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:55 pm

I used another app for about about a year, only tracking cycle length before deciding to TTC. Then I have 3 cycles from when I got pregnant the first time, and 10 including this one for this current round.

I do feel positive about this cycle. It's cycle 3, which is my lucky cycle lol. But I also have lost a little weight and have just been loving a healthier lifestyle in general. I'm drinking my pre-conception tea (missed a couple of days while Henry was in the hospital) and added baby aspirin, a b-complex, and fish oil to my vitamins. I'm hoping that all of that adds up to a sucky bfp! I will probably be extra disappointed if I don't get a bfp this cycle. :/

That's great that you've noticed plenty of cm. I hope it keeps up! One of my other buddies on here had hers dry up on clomid, but I think she found lots of water and Mucinex during her fertile period helpful. :)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Roman&LeilanisMommy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi, ladies! Sorry I've been away for a few days. I had the most awful fever/earache that lasted for about 5 days. It was rough. I wish I was in your guys' positions right now, gearing up for ovulation and the tww.. meaning I'm pretty sure this pregnancy isn't going to stick :( I posted this on a forum on BabyCenter.com today..

"Hi ladies! I got my bfp 8 days ago at a mere 3 weeks and 3 days. The tests darkened up nicely over the next four days and I felt quite confident due to my symptoms. My breasts were full and my nipples were on fire and constantly hard. The areola had already started to darken and widen. I am 4 weeks 4 days today and I'm very nervous because yesterday, all of a sudden my breast tenderness and fullness went away completely. My nipples look normal again and don't hurt a bit. I'm very worried as I had a chemical pregnancy in April of 2016 and the same thing happened but in tandem with the bleeding and cramping. My BBT (basal body temperature) is still high (though I've been suffering from a fever but it finally broke yesterday) I am still slightly nauseous, still have constant headaches and am still having random, mild cramps, twinges and pulling sensations. Any ladies who have been pregnant before had this happen and go on to have a healthy pregnancy? I am well aware of the fact that if the pregnancy isn't viable then there's just nothing that can be done and I'll just be awaiting the inevitable. Really grasping at straws right now and looking for some hope. Thanks, sweet ladies"

Bee; I really hate to take you back to your days of miscarriage but did this happen with any of your losses? I'm beyond paranoid right now. Ughhh.
-but yaaay for signs of your impending fertile period! May the blessings of conception be ever in your favor!

MrsK; I'm excited for you and your DH to get it on! Haha. Is that weird? :P do you think you'll go all the way to cd24 instead of stopping at 18? Fingers and toes and head hairs crossed for you, lady!

Here's a pic of my pee test progression. I stopped taking them on Thursday but am going to get another one after my daughter's cheer practice to see if the line is now fading. If all is well, it should be a strong positive since I'm 16DPO and had my first positive at 8DPO.
Attachments
IMG_1744.JPG
(227.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Roman&LeilanisMommy

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Aw shoot. With both of mine, I only had those tight early pregnancy cramps, and when they went away, I just knew. I clung to every hope I was wrong, but bloodwork both times proved HCG was falling days before I started bleeding. One of those my tests were very light and never got much darker over the course of a week. The other time, my tests got nice and dark pretty fast, but I stopped testing out of fear. (Plus I already had bloodwork on the way, so I was waiting for real numbers).

When I called to talk to the nurse the first time and request betas, they weren't convinced I was losing it. But she did ask if I had had symptoms like sore breasts that suddenly went away, so I think that can be a heads up sometimes.

That being said, I have heard of people whose symptoms kind of come and go, and you're so early that could still be a possibility. My fingers are crossed for you that it's just a weird occurrence and things will be ok. <3

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Also, how high was your fever and how long did it stick around?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Roman&LeilanisMommy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Ahhh thanks so much for your fast reply! My fever got up to 102.3 one day and would go anywhere between 99 and 101 the other 3 days. I was taking Tylenol round the clock trying to keep that damn fever at bay because I read that too high of a temperature can cause damage to a developing embryo.
I just took another test, line showed up before the control but still isn't as dark as the control. Here's the difference between 12DPO and 16 DPO. I was really hoping it would be as dark as the control line by now. :(
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
(103.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Roman&LeilanisMommy

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Well it's good that it's that much darker! I don't think I matched the control with my son until 18/20 dpo but I can't remember.

I did some reading about high prolonged fevers (in the 102 range) causing miscarriage, but if it was going up and down and you were trying to keep your temp down, hopefully you weren't hot enough long enough to do any damage. Is your doctor willing to do betas for you? That would be the clearest indicator of what's going on in there...

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 am

No fertile signs yet. I'm kind of bummed! But in reality, if I O'd 9 days after the sore boobs, that would be next Monday. I usually have between 4 and 6 days of ewcm, so I could still be right on my O time predictions, but I was hoping to see something by now!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Roman&LeilanisMommy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Bee; this just means your eggie is getting nice and ripe for the pickin'!

MrsK; yaaay for baby dancing! I'm really excited for you. I have a strong feeling that you're going to be one of the "bfp after first round of clomid" stories! :D

Afm; the boob heaviness has returned along with weird burning/reverberating cramps!? They're not too strong though so I'm not worried. I FINALLY picked up a clearblue digital. Bummed it wasn't the week estimator but it is what it is. Lol. I also got a pack of first responses... cuz I'm a crazy pee stick lady with mental problems. Super strong positives on all of them.. digital popped up "pregnant" in 35 seconds! ( I set the timer on my iPhone. Haha) I'm feeling extremely confident now and I'm praying that this is a good sign for you ladies!!! I've tried uploading pics of my tests but NOTHING is working.. emailing.. screenshots.. Nada. Oh also, I go in for betas tomorrow! :D
Roman&LeilanisMommy

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups