Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be 3

Postby Loz28 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:05 am

Omg Nicky, I just have to jump on straight away to say that is absolutely social conditioning in India. Over here, it's almost the norm for women to have babies and then go back to work, but the attitude (for the most part, except for some misogynist asshats including, to my extreme sadness, a couple of politicians) is do what you want. Just because you're a woman and you're the one who literally bears the child for the 9 months, doesn't lessen your husband's responsibility or increase yours. One of my pet peeves is people talking about a dad 'babysitting' his children or 'helping out' by doing the laundry. No. No effing way. A father does not 'babysit' his child, he parents it. A husband does not 'help out' with the laundry, he does his fair effing share. Sorry, I've gone off on a tangent.
My point is: You both have an equal right to your career, or whatever path you want to follow! I feel so so strongly about this. Women are conditioned to believe so much that isn't true, and I know how hard it can be to consider that internalised bias and move past it, but I 100% believe that if you want to keep working, it's absolutely no one's business but your own. Of course your DH should be involved in the discussion from a financial perspective, but he should (and sounds like he would) support your deicisipn, and it's not a decision anyone else (parents, siblings, interfering uncle) should get a say in. Likewise I firmly believe that if a woman chooses to stay home that doesn't make her 'just' a mum or any less than those of us that choose to, or have to, go back to work - it's just a different career path.
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Nickysy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:26 am

Thanks Loz. I really appreciate it. My husband supports me completely. And I know, it will ultimately be our decision based on our interests and finances. Just not liking the constant talks about it. For example, I was talking about taking a trip with my girlfriends last week, and my SIL was like. O you wait till you have a baby, all this won't be possible. I told her that my friend is leaving her 8 month old baby with her mom for 2 days (hes on solid food and formula milk diet, since she couldn't feed after 6 months and a lap surgery), just so that she can spend time with me. And it was so strange for her. SIL couldn't argue, but I could sense the judgement in her tone. DH completely agrees that we will work around our finances, and he wants me to pursue my study. Nonetheless, the constant chit chats like these made me feel like saying, f**k off. To work or not to work, should be our decision. Just hoping they are able to respect it. They are not bad people. Sadly, didn't develop a perspective, because it was just never taught to them.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:57 am

Hello my lovely ladies,I shall return with personals later.
Nicky you do what is best for your family(baby and husband)let people talk as much as they want.
In Romania some stay home some work it depends on the family.
Is absolutely fine to leave ur baby with ur mother or mil or anyone for a day or two to relax,I find it silly to think "ur not alowed " to do that....
Hugs to all of you!
Teh baptize was a success,the ceremony was absolutely beautiful and the priest was happy for us .the party was a hit.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:14 am

just a quick update because I'm still feeling pretty crappy. anyway, I did end up going to Er lastnight. I have a very bad uti combined with the constipation. I was in a ridiculous amount of pain. I had no idea a uti could cause that! anyway I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious! they gave me a shot of antibiotics and a script to get one filled today. I woke up at 230 vomiting and went right back to bed. I still feel yuck thus morning and I called the phone nurse and they said since I have bad uti it can cause the vomiting too. so anyway I'm going to go get my meds filled and go back to bed!

Nicky good to hear from you hun and glad you are doing well!!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi All real quick Hello as I am swamped with work at the moment. Miss you all. HUGS
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks Danaa..I am glad you had fun at the Baptism party.. Enjoy family time.

Courtney: UTI sounds bad! Uggghhh. Get well soon.

Faith: Hello
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:53 am

Nicky, sorry if I implied they are bad people. That wasn't my intention. I'm just super passionate about equality and it absolutely sucks that there is even a question over this in this day and age. I have been incredibly lucky with the privileges I've had growing up, and just the fact that we were born into a different generation means we definitely have a different perspective to your MIL.
And yes, travel will absolutely be possible! And again will be up to you. Early next year we have a wedding to go to - our baby will likely only be about 8 weeks old and it's an interstate wedding, so a 1.5 hr plane flight away. I keep saying to DH we will have to make the decision about bringing the baby (and my mum or sister to babysit) with us later, once we see how we are coping. He seems to think we will be totally ready for a break from the baby and will do a little overnight trip and leave it back at home with mum! And honestly, who knows until we're in that situation how we'll feel. Maybe I'll be desperate for a good night's sleep, or maybe I won't be able to bear to leave my child - likewise maybe your SIL didn't feel like travelling, or didn't want to ask anyone to look after the baby while she did, but that doesn't mean it will be the same for you! We'll figure these things out as we go :) and you'll be an amazing mum, regardless of whether you choose to travel or work or whatever - because a happy mum makes it a lot easier to be a good mum ;)
Dana, I'm so glad the baptism and party went well. Enjoy your time with your family!
Faith, sorry work is keeping you so busy but thanks for checking in on us! I miss your banter!
Courtney, I actually meant to write again yesterday and tell you I thought it might be a UTI, how strange is that?! I just suddenly remembered the worst one I ever had and the pain sounded really similar. I'm so glad you went to the ER and got it all sorted!! How are you feeling now, are the antibiotics doing the trick?
Afm, I am starting to recover. I'm on so many medications (all safe during pregnancy of course) but it's a struggle staying on top of them all. We had our obgyn appt today and got to see our little one! He was just waking up so he was stretching his arms and waving his fingers, doing a few yawns and neck stretches as well haha. I had to give DH the job of photographer because I wasn't exactly in the best position while he ultra-sounded hahaha, and he didn't get the best photo, but I managed to get a still from the video he took of the ultrasound.
Attachments
IMG_2863.PNG
14 weeks today!
IMG_2863.PNG (94.04 KiB) Viewed 616 times
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Loz28 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:01 am

And an updated bump if you're interested. So far I've actually lost weight so we're still playing baby or burrito ha!
Attachments
IMG_2862.PNG
A 'large lemon' this week according to my app!
IMG_2862.PNG (79.4 KiB) Viewed 616 times
TTC #1 since May 2015
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:40 am

quick update. I'm still pretty sick. they are changing my medicine. I've been vomiting abd sleeping ALOT. I feel terrible. they are going to have me try this new medicine for 24/36 hours to see if it helps if not they are going to look further into maybe something else could be wrong. all I know is I feel like s**t!!

Loz you are looking good lady! sweet pic of the ultrasound!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:44 am

I'm finally starting to feel better! yay! I'm not one to be sick and this was just horrible!! sorry for the complaining! I've been able to get out of bed abd get dressed. I still haven't eaten yet but I've had a couple shakes!

yes I believe it's up to each individual to whether they want to work or not. it's no one else's business what you decide to do! I didn't work after I had kids but would have if we needed me to. I do get to work from home which is nice. I don't feel like any less of a woman BC I don't have a "career" although I think society tends to look at us that way. also if you want to leave your baby or kid for a dew days to get a break there's no problem with that either. I think it's important for us to still have our "me" time. dont let anyone make you feel bad for the decisions YOU make for youself. it's not anyone's business!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Loz ur looking good!!Ty for the scan picture!!
Courtney im glad ur better!!
Eoe hello!!
Im back home with my boys!!i missed them !!
Im very very tired,Im not a young lady anymore:)) I can't miss my night sleep:))
I so enjoyed the baptism and it was a wonderful experience and very beautiful !The priest made sure the ceremony was beautiful.
I want to repeat the experience one day!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:30 pm

OMG ladies I missed so much! (Courtney - thanks for reposting the link... I would have been hanging in the old thread for another week LOL)
Not enough time to fully catch up, so here are just some short personals:
whoz - i hope you are feeling better and enjoying the camping. I want to know how your progesterone test went!
danaa - happy to hear the baptism went well ---- I know you will have some for your little ones in the not too distant future :)
Nicky - when is the transfer? as for working or not working --- I agree 100% with Loz (Amen, sister!).... it is up to you and your DH. Traditional roles work for some and non-traditional roles work for others. I hate the judgmental BS that comes from both sides of the fence. I will, however, judge you if you have a piece of s**t misbehaving kid. Can't stand it if a person's kid is a bully and the parents don't do something about it.
Faith - what was the result of the HPTs?

EOE - I know I missed a personal comment - sorry! hope you are doing well
AFM - AF cleared up and I'm scheduled to see my DR in 2 weeks. We will plan our attack for the next round of IVF.
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim/Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol until retrieval, methyl prednisolone and doxycycline following retrieval

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Hey ladies, checking in again, thought I had strength enough to do mad personals but I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Star:FX for you next round of IVF HUGS I am not preggy. Just going about getting exam done tomorrow to check on my uterus again as it is giving me issues. I also think I am not even ovulating without Clomid or assistance.

Nickysy: I say its your life. Do as you wish. Trying to please everyone will cause undo stress. Your hubby and your babies will be all you need worry about. People who really love and care about you will fall into whatever routine you have for your fam.

Momma: I am relieved you are feeling better. I was so worried. I could let me mind think on it too much. Please take care of yourself. How is your hubby recovering?

Loz: Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Your bump is going to jump up quicker than you think. Enjoy the burrito days..lol

Danaa: Welcome back. So cool the baptism went so well. You sound like you had a good lil trip. But there is nothing like being in your own bed again.

HUG EOE I will try and keep up more.

AFM: Nothing. Visiting gyn tomorrow to check state of my uterus. I think it feels too hard. I'm still not doing very strong ovulations. It is what it is. I will let you all know what the doc says tomorrow. Its not my doc but still need some one to tell me why my uterus feels so hard why I can touch it when I check my cervix..for crying out loud junk should not be reachable. If this doc doesn't listen, my boss gave me the number to her gyn and I guess she does listen. ok headed to bed. HUGS all
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 7Mk1973 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am

Hello lovely ladies. Sorry I've been quiet. I did get to read last Wednesday, but the place I was didn't let me post. Courtney you can just put that I've been ttcing off and on for years and have lost two. That my infertility stems from a shot they gave my mom when she was pregnant with me. Afm I've been very busy. After cleaning for the older lady I clean for I've worked at my job everyday. They gave me over 30hrs this week. That is why I've been Mia. I've finally got an off day to catch up. No personal bc I need to catch up on everyone. Nothing else to allow except waiting on af or not in the next few days. Hugs, baby dust, and sticky vibes to us all.
7Mk1973
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby whoz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi all. Sorry I can't post much. Went to town for groceries and have a connection on my phone. Lolz, beautiful photo!! Courtney, so glad it's not something more serious. Nicky, do what you want to do and I wish people would leave their thoughts to themselves! Camping has been good except my sister is condescending and high and mighty and makes me feel two inches tall. She's bossy, but won't take any of the correction she doles out. My brother and sister in law announced that they just had a miscarriage at five weeks. While I felt sad for them, I also feel like they've not had much sympathy for me having a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks and infertility before and after. They get pregnant any time they want. I heard back from the doctors to say I was 3.5 which is right on the line for non fasting midluteal progesterone, but indicates that I still probably ovulated. I did take the blood test a day earlier than when I thought I ovulated, so I know it could be higher. I also got spotting today. I've never had that before a period. I usually just get red bleeding but very light. So either I'm ovulating now, it's IB which I've never had or AF will arrive the next few days which is probably the most likely.
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups