New Beginnings

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: New Beginnings

Postby whoz » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 am

Waiting to hear, Nicky. We're all here for you.
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AndiA108 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Nicky, I'm holding out everything for you! I'm thinking about you. Xoxo

Just a note that I'm on my phone, sometimes I'm not sure if it shows me the latest posts...
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:14 am

Nicky my heart aches for you and ur husband!!
I’m praying sooo hard that your beta comes back huuuge.
Eoe hello,how are my ladies doing?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:39 am

Nickysy: Thinking of you :hugs:

Andia: I don't think it does when some of us are on our cell. I've had so many occasions where I thought I had read everything then posted just to see my post at the end of alot of other posts about some thing I never saw till I logged onto my computer.

Danaa: Not much going on over there. Trying to stay away from my thermometer. My body does the same thing every cycle. Only thing is bbs ache more on Clomid than not. I would love to say I have tons for hope for this cycle but I'm still pacing in the 'waiting room' until this weekend when I start testing on Saturday. I really would love some type of physical sign to clue me in to 'oh, yeah, this is it' but I'm afraid I won't be that lucky. I will say that at 2dpo I had rather upset intestines. Right now I feel like an achey tire around my stomach. Aside from tww stuff, I'm looking better and feeling stronger with working out. I tend to chill out on weekends but during the week its back to disciplined eating/exercise.

How are you doing? I forget when you next scan is.

Courtney: How is your father doing? I hope everything calms down for you soon. HUGS

Hello EOE HUGS
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 am

Faith congratulations on working out and feeling strong,feeling good can have such a huge impact on our mental state and even if ur rainbow baby is not coming this cycle that will only help you get stronger and healthier for your baby when it comes!!Dont give up!!
Well I didn’t had a date for my scan until today when my husband called the doctor and he said to go next Monday,I will be 6w on the dot by then,I’m happy and anxious and scared due to me NOT HAVING ANY SYMPTOMS,like big fat zero symptoms and that scares the s**t out of me but Im remaining calm and praying my babies are waiting for me to say hello.
In wonder if I’m having a singleton with the lack of symptoms...I have seen cases with high hcg and singletos.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:36 am

Dana, my SIL had very high HCG in a singleton pregnancy and absolutely no first trimester symptoms except that one day when she was working out at the gym she puked out of the blue. It seems like every pregnancy is different. I am very excited for your scan and praying for you!
Nicky, i am still crossing all my fingers and toes for you and I hope this blood draw brings you a happy result. But I also hope whatever the outcome of your beta, you are okay and you know we are here for you. I know what you mean about being strong. Sometimes you just want to scream 'I don't want to be strong anymore, I want to be weak and collapse in a puddle of tears on the ground and not get up!' And that's perfectly ok too. We just do what we can to survive the nightmare of ttc.
Faith, keep us posted on your symptoms! Good luck. Have you thought about trying letrozole (Femara) instead of clomid, for some people it works better?
Whoz, how are you doing post lap? Do you feel any better? Were you having any food issues from the endo, my friend has it quite badly and gets triggered by almost everything.
Andi, how is the last trimester treating you? It must be nice for you heading into winter now?
Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear that about your father, I hope he's ok. How are Ben & the family?
MK, that's great news on the longer cycle. Your DH sounds like such a sweetheart, just like you!!
Afm, I'm just chugging along into week 26 here! I've started to get some aches and pains but can't complain! I also had my nipples start leaking haha!! So weird. I was asleep and woke up with stains on my shirt, took way too long for me to figure out what they were from lol.
I had a lovely 30th birthday celebration over the weekend, very chill because of the pregnancy and because one SIL and my best friend have both just had their babies. My other SIL (the one who is yet to acknowledge my pregnancy) didn't even bother to wish me a happy birthday, so I'm pretty annoyed with her and am really done making an effort there. I don't know why I always feel compelled to try, but I guess you just can't win with some people.
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Nickysy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:30 am

Hi everyone.Thank you for being there. I love you all. Quick update of my betas.
15dpo- 17
19dpo- 48
20dpo- 56
22dpo- 95

My doc says it seems low for this point, but looks like its doubling within 72 hours. So she wants me to do ultrasound to check the uterine adnexa. And take a booster shot for hcg (5000 IU), continue meds, and repeat beta now on Thurs(25 dpo), and then Mon (29 dpo). She did say that she doesn't want to give up on this yet, and so shouldn't I.

I guess I am PUPO at the moment. Wishing I could enjoy being in this state rather than being in this limbo of waiting game once again.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AndiA108 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

Nicky - That's reassuring! I understand you feeling like you are in limbo. It sounds like your doctor is being very proactive which is nice! I know that wait to the next beta is going to seem like forever! Try to take it one day at a time, girl. HUGS xoxo Thinking of you and still holding out everything I got that this is it for you!

Faith - I agree! Sometimes I don't even post from my cell because I get nervous I'll miss something big and do an insensitive post or something, ha. How's the working out going? I found that working out was my release before I had to stop recently. I loveeedd spin class with the music and dark lighting. No one could see my and it was such an awesome stress reliever! I may or may not have teared up a few times in there from releasing all the built up emotions I had. But hey, like I said it was dark so no one saw haha.

Loz - I'm doing ok. The third trimester was a challenge for me. I think at 30/31 weeks I really felt the weight of the belly. Now I'm used to the belly and able to move around better but this "rest" thing has been a bigger challenge for me than I thought it would. I can barely go out grocery shopping with out cramping. I have always been a very active person so resting doesn't come that easy. I've accepted it at this point though and now I think I'm mentally at a better place. How about you? How's your pregnancy going??

Dana - How are thing with you? How are you feeling?

Whoz - WIll you give your first IUI a shot any time soon?

Courtney - thinking of you and your family!

AFM - so ladies, I think I pulled my inner groin muscle lol! It's so pathetic but with all this sitting around the only thing I can think of how I did it is... by having some basic sex. Basic because nothing gets crazy these days. ;) This little boy better stay put because I can't spread them wide, let alone push right now!

Other than that, I have to share this thought that popped across my mind last night and now I can't get it out. So I've been able to talk pretty hopefully about wanting to have two more kids in the future. DH and I talked that we always wanted a slightly bigger family. I originally wanted 4 but we agreed on 3 and reassessing after 3. Then all of a sudden I got this huge wave of fear and anxiety. Like, what makes me think everything will just turn out so rosey? Who am I kidding trying to plan out the future. We went through so much before this little one surprised us. I don't know if I will ever mentally be able to "try" again. I'm so terrified I will go through another loss. At first, I was feeling like, oh this is it I made it through the storm, but have I? You never know... and as we all know life's not always sunshine and unicorns. I know right now my main priority is bringing this little one in to the world healthy and happy. I had to share my thoughts.

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.

AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Nickysy: I like your positivity. Your number did double. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. How are you feeling?

Danaa:Your body is accustomed to the hormones but by six weeks you will probably feel the down pour.Hugs

Loz: Happy belated birthday. I wouldn't let your sil stress you out. Her being the way she is now is on her not you. Enjoy your pregnancy. Hugs

Andia: Hugs. It's ok to feel a bit of anxiety. I get that way every time I think I might actually get pregnant. But that is normal. I hope when baby gets here you can find some peace and settle into mommyhood.Hugs
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AndiA108 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Thank you faith <3!

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks

AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Andi: Thank you so much. I get your anxiety. We have spoken about having at least 2 kids ourselves. And then i have to remind myself, who am I kidding. But now you are at a state, where you are going to meet your rainbow baby. Once you hold him, your thoughts will take a turn. Hugs! When is your due date? I hope your groin muscle enjoyed its basic workout (wink).

Loz: Belated happy birthday! Hoping you had a good time. Forget about your SIL. Some people just aren't worth it.

Danaa: How are you feeling? Your scan is on Monday, right?

Faith: I am much better, thank you. Today, i go for my u/s. With such low hcg, doc is not expecting to see anything there, but just wants to rule out any tenderness/swelling in the pelvis area indicating an ectopic pregnancy. If things look good, then we go ahead with beta hcg booster shot, and repeat blood test after a week. Next Tues (31st Oct). I am upset that I could not get a straight yes or no. Just so either to enjoy the moment, or mourn the negative outcome. We accepted it last week that it hasn't worked. And cried. Then the beta increased. And again gave a little hope. And I am tired of building it up again, only to feel disappointment at the end of it. So for now, I am gonna take it as a mechanical process, one day at a time. I guess, it will take some time for the loss to sink in. I need some time to think straight about our next steps.

Courtney: Hows your father doing? How are you? Must be exhausted. Take care of yourself and little Ben
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:43 am

Nickysy: HUGS. You are doing the only thing you can at this point. I would be doing the same. You don't have to concern yourself with what to do next. You already have so much on your plate right now to focus on. Next will come when it comes. I wish I could do so much more to help in this moment for you. Limbo is the worse ever. I'm crying for you and praying for a miracle still.FX your scan is a positive one.
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:07 am

Whoz: Hello. How are you. When do you start your IUI process?

Faith: Thank you for being there. As expected, my scan came ok. Doctor couldn't see anything on the scan to suspect ectopic as of now. And obviously, nothing else either. With this low beta, didn't expect anything too. But they did do a blood draw again today, which was unexpected. So I wait to hear about the result of todays beta to see if they are increasing. If the increase is within acceptable limits for 24 hours, she wants me to take a booster hcg shot tonight. And then wait it out till next week, and continue progesterone support and other meds. She doesn't want me to give up hope. She wants to give this a try. So, we wait again.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:41 am

Nicky I’m praying for you!!And I love ur doctor bcs she is really trying,love that!!
At this point all you can do is to pray and enjoy ur PUPO status,as far as I can see ur little bean is a fighter.
Hugs!!
Angela I’m sorry af showed up,Im happy ur having longer cycles,I hope it continues for you and you get ur bfp!!!
Andi is normal to want to plan and is normal to be scared,all u can do is to take things as they come.Ur baby will be here in no time!!!
Whoz,faith,fly,Courtney,loz,hugs !
Loz ty for telling me ur SIL experience.
Afm nothing much going on,waiting for my scan on Monday....
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 am

Nickysy: That is a relief that there is no swelling to indicated ectopic. FX for your beta today. Please let us know what is doing. Your doctor is awesome. Do you have any plans for the up coming weeken? Do you celebrate anything like Halloween there? Hugs

Danaa: FX for your scan. I know its hard to wait. Heck I can't even wait with peeing on a stick so a scan??? I about crawl out of my skin. What are you doing to distract yourself?

HI EOE HUGS

AFM: I'm freezing my butt off in my old house. Hard to stay healthy eating when you want bad hot yummy foods. As long as I power walk later I give myself freedom to eat small portions of the 'good' stuff...lol. as for the tww....Meeeeeeh. I always feel this way. I keep stopping in my tracks to think 'is that cramp the way I normally cramp'..Seriously? Yes, I went there. I'm also a meany today. I was so crabby when I went into work. I was nice enough as long as no one asked me to do anything...LOL. I had to leave. Too many veggies in the soup milling about for me to really concentrate on what I needed to get down. I hope my bad mood equals means we caught the eggy some how. This is too early for pms. Or is it? Maybe I'm just old...hehehehe
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups