Christmas BFP?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Christmas BFP?

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:19 am

Hi all,

I should change my name as I'm no longer a newly wed :) I was here 2 years ago when we were trying for our first. She's now 17 months old and kept me awake most of the night crying... for no reason at all (toddlerlife). So whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy am I even considering baby #2! Hehe... jk.

I'm on CD4, so pretty much hoping for a BFP for Christmas.

Anyone trying around the same time?

Last time, SMEP + O kits worked well for me. I also took folic acid and a bunch of other things to ensure I was in tiptop shape.

This time, I'm only on my regular multivitamin and have got some O kits. I tested for O last month and it was around CD14, so that was good. I BD'd once during that window, but still had AF visit, so... maybe it's time to really try!

I hope to find some buddies here :) I still have some buddies from the last time I was here and it was just the best!

Hugs!

S
Me: 34, DH: 29

DD1: Baby O (born June 2016), conceived while tracking here :) in Oct. 2015 (BFP 10 DPO)

TTC No. 2: C1 (start Nov 21 - cycle 29 days)

Taking multivitamins only for now
NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Christmas BFP?

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 am

Hi there! I am CD3 so right with you! My O day seems to have changed after having my son - it used to be CD 12-13 but now it's CD18-20! I will wait it out with you and hope for a December BFP too! I may not be super active until the TWW though because I am an "older" college student and my semester ends Dec 9. I will do my best though!!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:11 am

Hi HGG!

Are you in the US? Oh, and exciting on being in College - but more exciting to soon be on holidays ;)

How old is your son? X

My name is Sue and I currently live in Denmark. We moved here a while ago from the Middle East where I had my daughter (who’s 17 months old now).

DD1: Baby O (born June 2016), conceived while tracking here :) in Oct. 2015 (BFP 10 DPO)

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:56 pm

AWESOME! I lived in Denmark for a short time, in Jutland in a town called Silkeborg. Where are you?

Yes I am in the US, American born and raised but we are expatriating to Australia as soon as we save the money.

My son is 9.5 months, and my daughter will be 2 on Dec 21. Busy busy! haha Your daughter is 17 months? What a great age! My name is Lindsey, nice to meet you Sue!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:32 am

So awesome! We live in Jutland too - Esbjerg :)

Aussie! Fun! It looks amazing there:) massive change!

I’m Trinidadian and hubs is British :)

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Jutland is so beautiful, I miss it!! I know Esbjerg. I had such a hard time with Danish - I could read it fine but speaking it, I am horrible. Trinidadian, wow what a different climate you are in now! :)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:36 pm

Oh I'm now seeing everything on the website and can see your signature showing your kids and more about you :)))

Clever you for learning Danish! It is SO hard, but depending on what next year brings (we may leave - depending on how the merger goes with my company), I will learn it. Thinking it may be good to stay in Europe for our next baby (maternity leave is AWESOME here).

So! About TTC - what are you doing? You've been pretty successful at it ;)

Last time I was so diligent with OPK's and SMEP and LOTS of vitamins tailored for fertility, but this time I'm just like - meh, I'll take the OPK's at about CD10 and try sexy time as much as possible then.

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:53 am

haha! Honestly, same here. I am taking prenatals, b vitamins, etc. and doing OPKs. I still chart, mostly to confirm O. I had the prettiest chart last cycle lol oh well. We don't plan sexy time exactly, but we try to make sure to get in what we can at the right time.
Yes, Europe has fabulous maternity leave! It gets so dark where you are so early in the winter, so it's prime baby making conditions! ;)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:42 am

Hello ladies! I hope you won't mind me joining. I'm CD2 and my projected period is due the day after Christmas and *sings* all I want for Christmas is twoooo...pink lines lol.

We're young and I'm new to forums. DH and I TTC for three cycles last year, Oct-Dec, but DH was deployed come January so had to take a break for 9 months. Now he's home and we're currently two cycles deep, but I only count one because the first cycle I had was anovulatory. No known fertility issues on record yet, so I'm counting ourselves on the lucky end of the spectrum. But DH recently told me about being diagnosed when he was younger with some sort of blockage in one of his boys. They told him it would go away on it's own but (TMI) we can both feel the lump of sorts still there so he has plans to get that checked out this month. Praying all goes well with that.

DH doesn't fully grasp all of the "trying" that goes into baby making and symptom spotting last cycle drove me nuts. There's been so many pregnancy announcements in the family lately and I just find myself losing hope, despite being young and not having been able to TTC for very long. So here I am, hoping that I can ride out the crazy with support.
Me (Stasia) - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
My Ovulation Chart

This Month: Prenatal/DHA, EPO, Royal Jelly, Grapefruit Juice, BBT (vaginal), and Trying Digi OPK's for the first time.
LittleOak
Friend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi and welcome! Would you mind me asking how old is young? ;)
I can totally understand, especially when TTC your first it can take over your life. Definitely get that blockage checked!!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 am

Hi and welcome, LO!

Yeah, hubbies can be a bit clueless with this unless they've done research. My hubs saw the OPKs and stuff last time, saw my charts and was super surprised when I got pregnant 2 years ago. He was like - oh, you can know when you ovulate?

Hehe...

Girls... I have been having LOADS of caffeine yesterday and today... but for good-ish reasons. I had my driving test today, and though it is the 3rd country I'm getting a driving license in, it NEVER gets easier. I passed - by the grace of God only, lol. I HATE manual transmission!!!!

Anyways... I'm going to have so many drinks tonight, heck I might kick off the babydancing on a slightly more intoxicated front than anticipated ;)

Speaking of... I have a medium dark line on my OPK already this morning. I swore I'd O a bit later, so I'm gonna start BDing from today and try to get it in every other day this week. I think I may still O by weekend, so I'll try to get it in more by then... ordered some preseed that should come by then, too. Fun times ;)

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby LittleOak » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 am

Thank you! I don't mind at all, young as in I'm 23 and DH is 24. I've stalked enough forums to know that it can take over my life but I guess I just thought that wouldn't happen to me. I can be a little bit of a control freak at times, even with my own emotions.

Haha! That sounds adorable, even for a hubby. Mine takes an interest to it all, but I can tell that he gets confused and stressed about it. I feel rude to hand him my fertility book so he can understand so I just try to re-explain the best I can when he notices. He says he wishes he would've listened more while I charted when he was gone.

Oh, how I miss Caffeine. You can't see it now, but I've got gaga eyes over here. I tried to limit my drinking of it but couldn't so had to cut it out completely. Anyhoot, that is so great, congrats on passing!!! It's been a little while since I took a driving test, but I remember how much it sucked. You brave woman! I never learned to drive stick shift, pretty sure I couldn't manage it. Drinks sound lovely and so relaxing. That'll be a nice way to treat yourselves ;)

Lol you make me want to poas even though O is nowhere near. How is the preseed though? I've heard it mentioned here and there and considered giving it a try this cycle too but I don't know enough about it yet.
TTC #1
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
My Ovulation Chart

This Month: Prenatal/DHA, EPO, Royal Jelly, Grapefruit Juice, BBT (vaginal), and Trying Digi OPK's for the first time.
LittleOak
Friend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:28 pm

LOL Newly Denmark is a heck of an expensive drivers license! Congrats (tillykke) on passing though! I learned to drive on a manual transmission and actually prefer them. ;) Drink til it's pink, as they say!! Funny you should mention the opk, I did one today on a whim and it was pretty dark for CD7. Going to do another one shortly to see if it was a fluke or what. It wasn't positive but it wasn't faint either. Weird!

Stasia - interesting quote on your signature! I like it :) I could never give up caffeine completely with 2 kids under 2, but I don't have more than 2 cups of coffee a day. 23 is pretty young, hopefully you won't have much problem conceiving. Let me know how the grapefruit juice works for you! I have been curious about that.
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:34 am

Oh wow, LO, I do love your signature quote, too!

Check out the OPKs for day before yesterday and yesterday (CD7 and 8). I think I'll still be on track to O on CD13 - 14 :)

CD7 and 8.jpg
CD7 and 8.jpg (92.49 KiB) Viewed 244 times

And, LO, I have no idea about preseed :) It would be my first time using it :) I'll let you know :)

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby LittleOak » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:53 am

Thank you both! Wish I could take credit for the quote but I'm not even sure who wrote it, just heard it awhile back and it resonated somewhere deep haha.

Lindsey - Well, we have had one pregnancy in the past that ended in a MC, but I was on the pill and we obviously weren't trying so at least I know I can get pregnant. As for the Grapefruit Juice, it really did work for me last cycle. I usually only have watery CM and only for a few days, but this time I had tons more of EWCM and even more watery on the days I didn't. All I did was drink one tall glass of it every day of my fertile window, but I think I started a few days before I even got to that just to make sure it wasn't like my vitamins and needing to get into my system. It wasn't from concentrate either, has to be the real deal I heard. I also tried Mucinex as well, though that was for the cold I had, so that probably helped loosen it up too!

Newly - Your OPK's are looking great. Mine never look that dark that early.

So this morning, Hubby asked me what I thought about having Irish Twins. It took me by big surprise. I told him let's get me pregnant with the first and then we can talk about it. I don't know that much about Irish Twins anyway, guess I'll have to read up.
TTC #1
My Ovulation Chart

LittleOak
Friend

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups