Christmas BFP?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Christmas BFP?

Postby J.Erica » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 am

Thanks for letting me into the group, ladies! I've scanned over the thread to try and catch up.

LittleOak, I hate that you had to deal with a chemical. How horrible! I see that you're a military spouse. Which branch is your husband in? My husband was in the Air Force and had a deployment in Afghanistan a few years back. I feel you about guys not really understanding what goes into TTC. It's a little irritating at times, for sure. It's good that your husband seems to be interested in the process, at least. Mine doesn't really know about my charting or BBT (he sleeps through the beeping), but knows about the OPKs.
Newlywed, it's awesome that you live in Denmark! I'd love to travel Europe at some point in my life. Kudos to you for getting your license with a manual transmission! I'd wreck the first time out if I tried to drive one. You mentioned a sleep regression in your little, right? I read (forever ago) that a sleep regression is common around 18 months---if I recall correctly, my son did that, too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the PreSeed coming to the office. That gave me a good laugh!
Highland, you lived in Denmark too? That's so cool! I've been on the same stretch of road in Kentucky my entire life...LOL. I've heard Australia is awesome, too. My cousin attended a law school in Sydney a few years back, but is now settled in Sacramento.
Cli, hi there! Best of luck to you! I have a couple Canadian buddies from the first TTC group I was a part of. It's great the friendships that a person can develop through this process.

As for me, I live in Kentucky with my husband, almost 4-year-old son, and all my critters. I finished college last month and am now searching for a job. My hubs and I decided to try for our second last month, but were a little late in the game when we started. We're excited about the journey, but also a bit nervous. I had a rather rough labor, so I'm nervous about that happening again. My platelets kept dropping and no one knew why. It was kinda scary---and painful. I couldn't have an epidural (I'm a weenie) and they might as well not have given me the med that I was allowed to have because it didn't do much to help.

Anyway, I'm CD12 today. I'm doing prenatal vitamins, fish oil, OPKs, and BBT. My BBTs have been a bit erratic this time (not that they were ever "regular"). It's the time of year where the heat has to be turned on so it's too hot with the covers on and too cold without them...so I'm burning up, then freezing, then burning up again ALL NIGHT. My son wakes up usually once a night and wants to tell me about what he's dreamed. ~-sigh-~ I also have some PreSeed from last time we TTC, but there isn't much left so I'm saving it for the BIG days...you know. We got pregnant the first cycle we used it...so why not try it again? I had some pain in my left side when I woke up this morning, so I think O is on the way in the next couple of days. My OPKs aren't positive yet though. I guess we'll try to work in some BD tonight.
Image My Ovulation Chart

ME: Age 32
HUSBAND: Age 34
Our Lil' Wildcat: Nolen Caine - Born: 2/5/2014

Dori couldn't be bothered to have her picture taken.
J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaJenna4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:49 pm

HI! I'm new here in the TWW with a possible #5. Obviously anxious and wondered if I could join you for some company? I'm currently 4dpo from what I can figure out. The wait is agonizing!
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby J.Erica » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Welcome, Jenna! I'm a newb to this group, as well. The TWW is always a time to be anxious! Did you use OPKs or anything like that, or did you just go with the flow? Fingers are crossed for you, either way!
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaJenna4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:49 pm

J.Erica wrote:Welcome, Jenna! I'm a newb to this group, as well. The TWW is always a time to be anxious! Did you use OPKs or anything like that, or did you just go with the flow? Fingers are crossed for you, either way!

When I'm actually TTC I do LOL This was a complete oops cycle. I am on BCP and also diabetic. I take a handfull of pills every night so I have a 4 wk pill pack and realized way too late that I forgot to put the BCP in. DTD and later that night had some sharp side pains then next morning had some pink tinged CM, then DTD again that night and next morning realized CRAP pills never made it in. DH is excited but I'm nervous as all hell LOL So assuming Pains were O we are guessing 4dpo today.
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby J.Erica » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Oh my goodness! That would be a huge surprise! I hope things turn out the way you want them to turn out.
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:55 am

Lindsey - Yes, it has been painful but I take comfort in that at least I know I can get pregnant. Over the last almost two weeks I've been reading so much about TTC after an early loss and most go on to have perfectly happy and healthy 9 mos. Just waiting for my turn now!

Hi, J.Erica and welcome to the group :D Hubs is in the Army, Infantry, but getting out in June though. I wish my hubs would sleep through the beeping but he's up when I take it every day at 3am lol. Strangely, he seems to be warming up to the whole TTC thing, but maybe that comes more from the excitement of getting that BFP last month. He asks me every day if I've poas yet and if it was pos. Congrats on finishing college!! I don't know much about epidural's yet but I don't blame you for being a weenie. Drawing blood is one thing but I don't even want to know what that needle looks like. I feel you with the hot and cold during the night. It doesn't help that my hubby is a little toaster when he sleeps too. But as for the erratic BBT, mine was always erratic until I realized I was a mouth breather and switched to vaginal BBT. Also, I keep hearing about this PreSeed. I'm very curious to try, maybe I'll pick some up next month.

Welcome Jenna, what an anxious wait indeed. I've only been pregnant twice now, but the first time was when I was on the BCP too. Sadly I miscarried at 9wk2d but I have a friend who now has a bubbly three year old from her pill mishap. Not sure what you're hoping for but fingers crossed that if there is a little one in there, it'll grow big and strong.

AFM, Hubs is coming home today, finally!!! I'm in dire need of hugs. My temp has been doing weird things but I'll chalk it up to all the wine I've had. On the sunshiney side though, my OPK was nearly positive this AM. I'll poas again this afternoon and/or evening. It's so addicting sometimes. Blaze little line, blaaaaazzee :rofl:
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
This Month: R&R
LittleOak

Postby J.Erica » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:29 am

LittleOak, it's great that your husband is so close to being finished! I bet that's a huge relief for both of you. I swear---my husband could sleep through a hurricane. I'm totally jealous of him. He also sweats like a beast...(his words, not mine, but accurate nonetheless). The PreSeed is pricey, but a little goes a LONG way.

I haven't POAS today. I'm gonna do that around 2:00, but I'm betting it's going to be close to positive as well. All signs are pointing to O very soon for me as well. We worked in a little BD last night, so hopefully can tonight as well. However, my son is sick...he's had a fever, puked twice (his car seat is a MESS), snotty nose...just feeling crappy, the poor guy. If he's rather clingy tonight, we may not be able to work in another BD. Fingers crossed he feels better tonight. Good luck to you!

EDIT: Here is a pic of my OPKs since CD11. Today is CD13. Am I crazy or do they all look really similar? :|
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am

J.Erica, it really is a huge relief to us both. It’ll be nice to have him home and less stressed. He’s literally counting his days left haha.

I can totally see the progression, they do look similar but it is getting darker. Just not quite there yet! Good luck!! :D Aw, I’m so sorry he’s not feeling well! I guess it is the season but that sounds just awful. Hopefully he gets better soon and no one else catches anything!

I got bored waiting on hubs to be home and did some reading about Preseed last night. I ran into something about baking soda finger helping CM. So I tried it just to see and holy cow CM! It was a bit excessive. But my afternoon and evening OPK’s only got lighter so I’m not sure when or if I’ll O. Temp is being really strange.
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
LittleOak

Postby J.Erica » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:07 pm

LittleOak---Mad props to military spouses that endure long deployments. I didn't meet my husband until he had been back from Afghanistan for about four months or so. He wanted to enlist with the Marines at one point after we started dating, but I think he figured they wouldn't take him due to some trouble he'd been in while in the Air Force, so he didn't try. Evidently, he was a hellion.

My son seems to be feeling better today, thankfully. Around 1:30 yesterday, his fever got to 101 degrees. As you said...'tis the season. My OPK at 2:00 today was pretty similar to the one yesterday...maybe a teensy bit darker. I'm not sure whether to classify it as a positive or not. The test line is darker on one side than the other. ~-sigh-~ I may post it later to get someone's opinion.

I've never heard about baking soda being used for CM! Thanks for mentioning that! I ALWAYS have it on hand (it works wonders on odors and stains). I may give it a try if we end up running out of PreSeed. Your chart is like the Rocky Mountains! How long are your cycles, typically? (You may have said at one point, and I just forgot.)
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

J.Erica, props for sure. I thought it would be a breeze, the deployments, but it’s hard even without kids to worry about yet. Lol! That’s great. From what I’ve heard and who I’ve met through my hubs, they’re all mostly hellions. Though, I wouldn’t mind asking ladies from the other branches their two cent take on it.

It’s so great to hear that little guy is doing better!
I get odd OPK’s like that too, where one edge of the line is darker or as dark as the control. I hear that some ladies never get blazer’s. So I guess it’s just a trial until you spot your particular pattern.

Neither have I. Probably because it’s said to balance your Ph as well for the mini Olympic swim squad. I read not to do it too often so as not to acquire a yeast infection, yikes. I was just thinking that this morning, my chart, it’s so up and down. The temps are almost identical too for each drop and rise. I’m beginning to think it’ll be another AnOv or delayed O. I’m just not that hopeful. My cycles are usually 31 days, give or take a day on occasions. I’d say I’m pretty regular, but I was on vitex for awhile (6+ months) and last month was the first month I quit taking it.
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
LittleOak

Postby J.Erica » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 pm

LittleOak---My husband was evidently promoted and demoted several times...LOL. He's told me some crazy stories. (He evidently had a bit of a drinking problem back then).

Yes, he is back to his rambunctious self, thankfully. As far as OPKs are concerned, I don't remember if I ever got blazers from the first time TTC or not. I think I'm just gonna assume this one was negative. All the signs say O is very close, so I'm just gonna roll with it. My DH apparently thought Netflix was more entertaining than BD last night, so we didn't last night. Guys sometimes, I swear...

That makes sense with the baking soda now that you mention the pH balancing. I never would have thought about it in a million years, but it definitely makes sense. Do you have many anovulatory cycles? Your cycles may be regulating without the Vitex. Before I got pregnant, my cycles were knocking 40 days. The cycle DH and I conceived, I got crosshairs on CD25. Now, they are pretty regular at 30ish.
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 pm

J.Erica, Oh my! Haha! I definitely haven’t heard of anybody doing that. Ah, stories for the grandkids. Well, when they’re much older! I can definitely believe the drinking thing though. Hubs drank a lot before we married, luckily he has more stories about other people than himself but at least every other weekend we are being invited to keg parties by guys he works with. There has also been 50+ DUI’s on post just in the 3 months since he’s been home from deployment.

Oooh I know just what you mean! I don’t get it. We have to wake up at odd hours to take temps in odd places, check our insides and hold pee for sticks. They get the easy part, the enjoyable part and sometimes not even dressing up to tempt works. Thankfully hubs was gone for a month so I don’t think he’ll need the extra encouragement this time, but it won’t be long before I’m blocking CNN for a corset catwalk...Fx that you get your baby bank deposit!

No, I haven’t had many. I can count only one just last year. O’d every month on time from Feb-Aug of 17’. September I moved state to state for hubs return and that was my first AnOv, probably due to the stress and excitement. It was a 44 day cycle and it was miserable. I can’t imagine my regular being near the realm of 40. I’m an impatient person as is though, so nevermind my dramatics.
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
LittleOak

Postby J.Erica » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 pm

LittleOak---I think the drinking is a pretty common thing in the military. One story in particular that my DH has told me was getting absolutely wasted at a farewell party for a person in his squadron. At the time, DH was still under 21, so drinking underage. A bunch of the people scattered when some MPs showed up. I don't really know what happened, but he ended up swinging on one of the MPs. Not his brightest moment, for sure...Needless to say, he got in trouble (as he should have). That may have been one of the instances he was demoted---it's been a while since he told me this.

Yes! Even the most understanding and involved guy will NEVER understand. I believe you're right about your DH though! He'll totally be ready to go. (Also, corset catwalk is one of the funniest things I've read for a while!)

I bet you're right about the stress causing your anovulatory cycle last year. Hopefully it'll happen for you soon. For an impatient person, a long cycle is a nightmare when TTC. No apologies needed--I totally feel you.

AFM, DH and I BD last night, and I got a blazing OPK about 30 minutes ago. He is supposed to get off work at 3:00, and my mom is kidnapping my son for the night. We should be able to work in another BD this evening.
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaJenna4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:52 pm

FX for you!! OPK sounds great!!

SOooo many blessings to you military families.

AFM- I'm 8dpo and today had a ton of pink then light brown/tan EWCM so here's hoping it's a good sign!
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleOak » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi ladies! Hubs was energetic this weekend and running me around all over the place, whew.

J.Erica, you weren’t kidding when you said hellion! I’d definitely say brave, but hey, that’s what liquid courage is for huh? Lol. I’m so glad you finally got your blazer and BD! How was your weekend?

Jenna, CM sounds very promising!! :D

AFM - I seem to be ovulating a little later than usual. I’m CD18 and O is usually around 15-16. Got my blazer at noon and am super excited. My temp finally dropped to my usual 96, so here’s to hoping that I’ll see a rise in a day or two!
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
LittleOak

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups