Christmas BFP?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Christmas BFP?

Postby J.Erica » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 pm

LittleOak---it definitely makes you notice the littlest things more, and could definitely make you obsessed if you let it. I think crazy dreams end up being a "symptom" for many people. Sounds odd that something like that would be a symptom, doesn't it? LOL @ the mountain comment.

AFM---so I took a test this morning and :

Image My Ovulation Chart

ME: Age 32
HUSBAND: Age 34
Our Lil' Wildcat: Nolen Caine - Born: 2/5/2014

Dori couldn't be bothered to have her picture taken.
J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:37 am

J.Erica, OMG! Yay!!!! Congrats :D I was so hoping and praying it was a good sign for you and it looks like it was!!! I’m so happy for you. Fx for a nice little sticky pea!
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
This Month: R&R
LittleOak

Postby J.Erica » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:21 am

Thanks! We're just kinda hanging out. My son's birthday party is next Saturday, so I'm trying to get that stuff together so I'm not rushing last minute. I'm going to the doctor today to take a test. (I don't think I had to do that the first time, but I could be wrong.)

LittleOak--how many DPO do you think your are now?
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:47 am

J.Erica, that’s smart, getting things done ahead of time. I can be such a procrastinator. I think more doctor’s are becoming aware of early losses as well as faulty tests sold in stores, so they test you A-Z before moving ahead.

AFM, I put in my temp today and FF finally gave me crosshairs but they’re dashed so even FF isn’t sure when but It looks like I’m 8dpo. I hope we timed BD okay with late O. Hubs was sick though, so I’m wondering about the quality of his deposits anyway. Symptoms so far: Beyond thirsty, cramps and twinges for the last few days, and heavy/tender boobs. Yesterday I noticed that the Montgomery bumps on my nipples are making a reappearance. They showed when I had my CP last month and now I’m curious as to if it’s a sign or just a permanent fixture from being PG before. Also, only my left breast is sore now and the areola is puffy looking. My nipples don’t even look like sisters anymore, let alone twins LOL!!! I’m just kinda hanging out, waiting to see if the witch shows or not since I can’t pinpoint exactly where I’m at. I’ll buy a FRER next Thursday if she hasn’t!

So hubs and I, back in October, thought we’d downgrade to flip phones because we didn’t like our faces glued to a screen. Everywhere, people can’t even enjoy a meal out without someone sitting at the table on Facebook. Anyway, that lasted just a few months haha. Hubs needs better communication for work and flip phones are more crappy than I remembered. We went and upgraded last night to smartphones again. I still feel like a sellout kind of! Or high maintenance maybe. Anyway, that’s what I’ve been up to :D
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
LittleOak

Postby MommaJenna4 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 am

ahhh congrats J. Erica!!!!

Little Oak: FX for you!!!

AFM- I'm out this month. The IC cheapy tests were complete garbage and the FRER lines were HORRIFIC "ghost lines" 2 beta tests were both negative. AF is a week late and still testing negative. Suspicion is that I actually O'd much later and the tinged EWCM I thought was IB back on 1/13 was actually O so AF should be here by monday. I know I'm not PG because my husband has been gone for 2 weeks on a business trip so there's been no DTD. Plan is to try again next cycle and see where things go from there.
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby J.Erica » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 pm

LittleOak---I'm not sure about those crosshairs. Not that I am a pro, but your big temp shift appears to have begin at CD18. Regardless, my fingers are crossed for you. The boobs were a big symptom for me as well...they usually act up around AF's arrival, but they were constantly sore, maybe felt more full, and my nips, which are never really that prominent, stuck out like knives (TMI, sorry) and were/are sore and sensitive. No joke, it feels like a permanent titty twister.

I'm with you on the phones. It's convenient having the tech of a smartphone, but It's just like you said...phone in the face constantly. I sometimes miss my ancient Nokia.

MommaJenna---thanks! Sorry the hag is on her way. I hate how some of those tests have lines. The first time I was TTC, I remember seeing several posted on here with ghost lines, indents, evaps, and whatever else just to be let down when AF showed. Fingers crossed for next cycle!
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Jenna, I’m so happy to hear that you both are going to try again! :) I’m with you on the IC being garbage, I don’t think i’ll be buying those anymore. Some ladies have luck and I’ve read a lot of others who haven’t.

J.Erica, yes I feel like it should’ve been sooner too but I guess we’ll find out by the end of this week. I’ve never had such strange temps. Permanent titty twister? Oh no. That sounds so uncomfortable! Any other symptoms as of yet?

The immortal Nokia lol!!! Someone somewhere is probably still using one.

AFM, I’m trying not to symptom spot but I dunno, something just feels off. So many dips post-O! Still holding out for Thursday to test. FX.
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
LittleOak

Postby J.Erica » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 am

LittleOak---I see your CH are gone. Did FF remove them? Just curious. It's hard not to symptom spot. Every time I did it, I just told myself that whatever symptom I was feeling was typical before AF, that way I didn't get my hopes up. Yes, its kinda uncomfortable---it may be a bit better today though. You know, I read somewhere that they were coming back out with those Nokias (a revamped version, but along the same lines). It has just been within the last week or so, but I don't remember where I read it (and don't know if it was credible or not). Pretty cool if it is, though. Anyway, my fingers are still crossed for you.

AFM, I haven't really had any more symptoms out of the ordinary. I had a bit of pinching, but that didn't last long. My son's 4th birthday party is Saturday. We may be having a bit of snow moving in on Thursday and Friday (depends on how the front moves). Normally I'd be all for it, but hopefully this time, it doesn't come. My brother is coming from Nashville and we're supposed to spill the beans that day. We bought Nolen (my son) a big brother shirt and a couple big brother books---and that's gonna be the last gift he opens. We'll see how it goes. I have so much left to do to prepare, though!! Darn Pinterest for all the ideas!
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LittleOak » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 am

J.Erica, yes FF removed my CH yesterday when my temp dipped below my CL. Today it dipped a little more. That's exactly what I did last month, in reference to the symptom spotting, told myself it was just usual like the previous month (had tons of symptoms in Nov but was a BFN). That really helped but this month has been an anxious one, seeing my body try to get back to normal. At least if it's a BFN this month, it'll level me for next cycle. :oops:

Huh! I haven't heard anything on Nokia's. That would be super cool if they made a comeback though. Seems like everything these days is making a comeback!

Well even in early days, it sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to :D I love the big brother gear. So precious! I bet he'll be so excited. FX! I know what you mean about Pinterest though. I get so many dinner ideas from it and I have a secret baby board for when it's useful but I should probably update it. I'm sure some things on it are outdated. Don't forget to take time to breathe through the busyness.

AFM, honestly, no clue. I'm on CD32 and should've started by now if not by Wednesday (assuming I even O'd). For funsies, I made a dummy chart and just put in my temps for this cycle and FF gave me dashed CH for CD15 which would put me at 17dpo HA! Very doubtful. So still lingering in limbo of this cycle madness. Creamy CM still going strong though, very wet feeling down there. With my dropping temps though, I'd say AF is on her way. Ready to be past these two week increments!

Edit: Well, I went to FF and discarded a temp I forgot to, the day after I had two glasses of wine with dinner. Usually after one drink, no matter the kind, my temp is fine. Anyway, FF finally gave me solid CH that match with my shift! YAY! But (TMI) I just went to the bathroom and there was pink/brown CM when I wiped. AF is definitely on her way!
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
LittleOak

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Morning ladies! Thanks for the well wishes... was SO out of it. It's just awful as an adult. I have some fading spots, still, so my skincare regime is on point, lol. So is my makeup game ;)

The LO got it, now. It's so different in babies. She's 1.5 and got lots of spots, but they don't seem to bother her. She has no fever, no nothing. She itched for one night and I had to do a 2am oat bath with her, but otherwise, she's totally a champ!

My app says I should be ovulating this week. I am SO conflicted about TTC... I get disappointed whenever I get my period, but I haven't been tracking O (OPKs) or temping, nor have I been taking my vitamins.

I told hubs we should probably take it more seriously now, and he was like - do you think Olivia is ready? I'm like - ummmmmmmmm??????????? Yes! She's 19 months old, and the new baby would take 10 months to cook, and that's AFTER we get a BFP... she sleeps through the night already, she's a champ at eating, self settling, etc... dunno why he's throwing this out now.

Anywaysssssssss - off to read up on you lot and see what's the good good with yous! xxx
Me: 34, DH: 29

DD1: Baby O (born June 2016), conceived while tracking here :) in Oct. 2015 (BFP 10 DPO)

TTC No. 2: C1 (start Nov 21 - cycle 29 days)

Taking multivitamins only for now
NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby LittleOak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 am

Good Morning! LOL, I can't even cover the sleepless night bags under my eyes, let alone pox. You go girl! :rofl:

Oh no, poor dear...at least she handled it fairly well. I'm not even a baby, but I'd turn into one if I had that!

I'd definitely recommend tracking. Even if not all the signs, temping or OPK's would be suuuuper helpful. Even I slack off on vitamins from time to time (there's just SO many sometimes) but I always get back to it. Babies or no babies, I think they're good for my overall health :) I know it's so disappointing to go out every month, I'm not even sure how I"m still trying, I just know that I really want this and so the wait and disappointment are worth what I really want. It'll just make that pea to pumpkin journey all the more sweet. Corny, but I'll tell you what my nana told me a long time ago, "When the going get's tough, don't give up, give all". Don't give up!

Haha my thoughts exactly, that's after a BFP. Hubs and I were just chatting about age gaps between our 1 and 2 when we get there. We decided we would probably try about a year before we would be "ready" to allow for time to try and not to mention deal with anymore potential losses. I don't see why your LO wouldn't be good with another one around. She sounds like she's developing so well already! My cousin just had her second a month after her first turned 2. He's great with baby, just needs help helping. It's an adjustment for everyone but it'll all work out. I'm always surprised to see how well older siblings take on the younger. Maybe he's just nervous, some kids can get a little insecure about sharing after so long of not sharing.

AFM, CD1 here and actually feeling pretty great. No disappointment, just relief that the madness is finally over and I get a clean slate this month. All symptoms, save for cramps, have dissolved. I'm going to be doing everything I did the cycle I got my BFP this month. Took a break from the supplements to give my body time to regulate and now...MAMA IS BACK! With high hopes for this cycle. I won't be tracking after O is confirmed, I need to relax this TWW.
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
LittleOak

Postby MommaJenna4 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 am

Kids are always ready!! My littles are all really close in age. I have 9,7,5 and 2.9 lol This will actually be the longest spacing between pregnancies hah!

I'm on CD4 today. I'm thrilled it was the shortest and easiest AF I've had in ages!! I want to go all out this month and legit try so I want to try temping and OPKs. How does one do this LOL. When should I start?? What is the protocol on all this? I need some hand holding hahaha
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleOak » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Yay!! So happy someone with little ones of many ages is here to confirm :)

I love how excited you sound, Jenna! So, what I know about temping is you can start CD1 OR after AF (especially if you temp vaginally and that grosses you out). Use a bbt thermometer, first thing waking up before any movement (I've found vaginally that movement doesn't matter for me). Be sure to take it the same time every day. I ready that 30mins-1hr earlier or later might not make that much of a difference but everyone is different. I just set an alarm for when I know I should have 3 consecutive hours of sleep and then after go back to sleep. Normally have to go to the loo in the middle of the night anyway lol.

OPK's I start around CD8-10 based on if I'm showing fertile signs like CM and CP. I don't usually O until CD14-18 so after a little while of using them, if you don't get that BFP immediately, you'll get to know your pattern and when to test. My OPK's used to get progressively darker the closer I got to O, but now the second line is barely there until BAM!!! I know I'm only days away.

So if you have a bbt thermometer, you can get started right away. If not, it's said to just wait until next CD1 to start. But the OPK's are a green light! If you haven't read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, I highly recommend. It's the book that taught me, along with lots of others, how to chart and temp and stuff. Google and forums work too though, just might be a little conflicting on info. I hope I helped some!
Me - 23, DH - 24
TTC #1
LittleOak

Postby MommaJenna4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 am

I started temping at CD1. My son is medically complex so there's really very little that makes me squeamish anymore LOL. Regarding OPKs, I took my first today at cd5 since I have no idea how long my "average cycle" is because I've either been on BCP or pregnant hah! Are they usually this close to the control line this early?
Attachments
27540572_1992834317656874_3870589939625023303_n.jpg
27540572_1992834317656874_3870589939625023303_n.jpg (25.25 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby J.Erica » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 pm

LittleOak---I see the hag is in your midst. It's good that you have an optimistic outlook for this cycle though. Hopefully your temps will cooperate this time around...LOL. My gosh, if it weren't for Pinterest, we'd have the same handful of things for dinner every night...LOL. Have you tried the Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches? They're AMAZING! Anyway, it sounds like you have a good plan for this cycle. Best of luck!

NewlywedZ---I hate your little has chickenpox (they could be gone by now, I suppose) but it's good that she's handled them so well! I agree with you on age difference. My husband and I always talked about how we'd do a 2 year difference---and here we are with a son who will be 4 in a few days and baby due at the beginning of October. (So much for the 2 year difference...LOL) My brother and I were a little over 5 years apart, and it would have been nice to have someone at school with me (especially high school).

MommaJenna---LittleOak gave you a good rundown of temps and OPKs. I think FertilityFriend also has some lessons (videos, I think) about temping and OPKs...and whatever else. They're pretty helpful, too. I'm glad the hag was kind and had only a short visit...LOL. How did your older kiddos react to a bitty baby when your littlest was born? Mine could go either way, I have a feeling---very helpful and a good big brother, or incredibly jealous. Anyway, if your OPKs end up like mine, they stayed virtually the same for two or three days, then became noticeably darker until BAM! Positive.

AFM---still trying to get stuff prepared for the birthday party. The weather is still a gray cloud over our heads (literally and figuratively). I'm expecting approximately 40 people, but if we get snow, we won't have anywhere NEAR that many because everyone freaks out about snow around here. Seriously. It's crazy. I don't want to have prepared all this food and no one show up---not to mention the big announcement will effectively be ruined (well, maybe not RUINED, but not quite as fun). Am I being selfish? :c( I don't wanna sound selfish.
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups