Feb. 2018 cycle buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Feb. 2018 cycle buddies!

Postby Arielhopes143 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:22 am

Hey girls, I’m currently 1dpo and looking for 2ww cycle buddies! TTC for four months and I think I FINALLY got my timing right! Tought it would be fun to share stories and go through this with other girlies on here :)

Good luck to us all and respond if you want to be cycle buddies!
Arielhopes143
Friend

Re: Feb. 2018 cycle buddies!

Postby kayy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 am

Hey! I'm actually about to O in a few days; we are also on our 4th cycle of trying.. So we are in the same boat! I'm finally getting the hang of timing and using an OPK, and just being more cognizant of my body/hormone changes throughout the cycle. I'm looking forward to having someone to share this journey with!!
kayy
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:31 am

Good luck ladies,let’s see some bfps up in here Hahahha.Im not ttc but I just wanted to say you are not alone !!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PhDer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:50 am

TTC #2 about fourth cycle in too!!

Haven't done OPKs but based on previous cycles should be almost in TWW
Me: 31 ( normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility, 3% morphology)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015 (on break since Sept 2015)
BFP 11th April 2015 @10DPO/ cycle #3 (SMEP); M/C @7w3d. Angel Baby was due Christmas Eve 2015
BFP # 2 3rd July 2015 @10DPO; Betas: 145 @13DPO... 412@16dpo; MMC- 13w1d
BFP # 3 23rd March 2016 (3rd wedding anniversary): NTNP. Beta's at 10dpo (estimate) 13; 16DPO- 394 (doubling time 29 hours)
Cycle 29-33 days. LP: 10 days

TTC #2 Since November 2017
>

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 am

PhDer wrote:TTC #2 about fourth cycle in too!!

Haven't done OPKs but based on previous cycles should be almost in TWW

Ohhh heeey!!Remember me ?!Hahha!!Welcome back!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kayy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:31 pm

arielhopes- How are you doing? Still in the waiting period? Any symptoms yet? When are you going to start testing/POAS?

Danaa- thanks for the support!

PhDer- Are you in your 2ww yet?

as for me- Today should be my 1dpo, and I'm already antsy! This cycle feels like it's been going on forever! Hope to hear from you ladies!
kayy
Friend

Postby LittleLisette » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi, ladies! Mind if I join in? I believe I am about 3dpo currently, but I'm not entirely sure as I'm taking a break from temping!
LittleLisette

Postby kayy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Hey Littlelisette!

We just got started, welcome to the party :D

How many cycles have you been trying for? And are you using any kind of OPK?
kayy
Friend

Postby LittleLisette » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:37 am

Thanks, Kayy!

We have been trying for 16 months now, but my cycles are very long, irregular, mostly anovulatory. I had been diagnosed with PCOS in March of last year, but now I’ve been UNdiagnosed because my blood work all came back perfect (minus progesterone). So I nixed my OBGYN and started seeing a naturopathic doctor-- I’ve started on some supplements and I’ve ovulated twice since the new year! Very excited. I did use opks this cycle, but they were a bit confusing, going back and forth between positive and negative for a couple of days.

What about you? How are you tracking? I see that you're 2dpo in your 4th cycle trying-- are you trying for your first?
LittleLisette

Postby Vault101 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:00 am

Hi there! Might be a little late to the party but hoping I can join your Feb/March buddy group if you'll have me...? :)

I know it's CD24, and I think I'm 4dpo (might not even have O'd though lol, I'm doing first ever Clomid and by last ultrasound CD18 my follicles still hadn't popped, but then CD20 I had weird pains sort of like a UTI, maybe O..? Maybe UTI lol)

TMI warning btw ;)

Anyway going by my very regular 27-28 day cycle, I'm due AF in four days - BUT I don't have my usual sore boobs, usually a dead giveaway she's en route. And since what may have been my O day, my CM has come back with a vengeance after drying up for the month - Clomid's fault - normally it would go away by this point.

I'm constantly hungry, or more accurately I'm never full (I have a low appetite normally but I'm eating three meals a day plus snacks quite comfortably) - but that could be an AF thing... and finally I am exhausted, like I sleep eight hours or more but by afternoon I'm shattered, especially if out and about - just an hour in town wiped me out yesterday lol!

Have no idea if AF, late O, Clomid or what!! Just know I am going craaaaazy over here with the TWW, anyone in same or similar boat would be excellent company while I wait out what now seem to be the longest four days of any cycle ever - plus it could be a very long one if the Clomid has indeed pushed my AF right back as it feels like right now!!

GL all TTC <3
Me 31, DH 32
TTC #1 - 4.5 years and counting, never been PG
2017 - learned I don't ovulate (big surprise as regular 27/28 day cycle always)
2018 - finally starting Clomid!! :o
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LittleLisette » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 am

Hi Vault101!
Of course you're welcome-- isn't that the point of this site? Open arms and community support? :D
Were you using opks this cycle? How are you feeling today? How long have you been TTC?

As for me, I actually am quite sure today is O day! Potentially even tomorrow. I have been feeling lots of chatter in my ovaries for several days, and then got a bunch of ewcm last night! Tested with an opk, and sure enough, super positive! It's still positive this morning and the sensations in my ovaries is more intense, so I'm quite sure I'll O later on today. I'm happy about that because we got lots of BDing in last night, and will again today and tomorrow! I feel unbelievably positive about this cycle, like I have a gut feeling that this is the one. 15 months TTC (miscounted in my last post lol oops) and I truly believe that this is the one :). I've never felt like that before!

A little background about me... as I said in my last post, I was diagnosed with PCOS and then found out recently that I don't actually have it. I was a late bloomer as a teen so I had hardly started my period before I went on BCP at age 16. Came off of BCP a month before my 24th birthday when we got married & we started TTC right away. I figured it would take a little while, but I didn't anticipate it would be this frustrating and emotional! Turns out my body is still trying to become balanced and learn how to ovulate, since I only had a few cycles before going on the Pill. Anyway, I've been on a handful of supplements for about 5-6 weeks now (zero medications), and they seem to be working. I've now ovulated twice in 2018, and only about 4 times since coming off the pill, so things are regulating! Very, very excited about it all. As trying as the process has been, I've learned an unbelievable amount about my body and have become fiercely passionate about women's health. So I wouldn't trade this process for anything! But...I'm also ready for this portion of the journey to be over. I'm very ready for a child now, lol.

What about you? What's your story?
LittleLisette

Postby Vault101 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:59 am

Hiya! Thank you for having me :D

I haven't been using OPKs because when I did, I got random positives all over the place. I don't ovulate on my own apparently (no PCOS or anything, just not making the right chemicals at the right time), and my progesterone is low (though I have a ridiculously regular cycle lol) so they never really did anything for me. OBGYN said not to bother, to go off the ultrasounds. But by the last one my follicles hadn't popped, so I am none the wiser as to whether I O'd. Had day 21 bloods done (on day 22, was snowed in on cd21) so hopefully that will give me a result. But if I o'd after the last u/s then it's probably going to show like I didn't, even if I did. GRRRR!

TTC for seven years total - five with my OH. Never been PG to my knowledge. Never got the magical mystical EWCM either, OH has ordered some pre-seed as he read online it would probably help us, waiting for that to be delivered and we'll try it next month. Your O signs sound very promising indeed, I wish I had such clarity but my body is a mystery to me :rofl:

Positivity is the key, I'm sure! I really hope this is your month, if you feel it is that's an excellent sign surely! I'm less optimistic about mine but that's because of the mystery of if I O'd at all. I've got a post on here somewhere about how crappy the nurse was with me at my u/s - she didn't tell me anything about my results at all and had a horrid attitude, proper crushed me for this cycle :(

We weren't actually too worried that it hadn't happened for us yet - most of our friends still don't have children, we feel pretty young - but then we got told the funding cut off for IVF is 35 round our way, so suddenly everything took on a bit more urgency. Then we found out I don't O, so that's got us more stressed as we know we've got a battle ahead of us. OH is more ready and more excited than me tbh, he's got all the lingo down and he's always trawling the forums etc, came home other day with a list of 'fertility foods' he'd researched, shoves a cushion under me after we BD lol. He's the stressy one of the pair of us :rofl: But I do feel more determined to catch our bean and make it stick now - if only to avoid another clomid round lol. I feel a bit out of place on these forums because some women are so desperate to make their little one and have had such a lot of tragedy in their journey - we've never been PG so never lost one, and if we caught next week, next month or next year I'd be easy, the desperation hasn't kicked in yet. Mainly we don't want to get too old and find there's no help available anymore and we've missed our chance.

Clomid has turned me into a right evil monster. Genuinely had a freakout at OH because his dad went and died, right in the middle of our cycle, therefore stressing us both out and potentially screwing our chances... They weren't close or anything, hadn't seen each other in years, so he didn't really mind my meltdown, but still, major cringe! :oops: :oops: Seriously, I am the devil on this stuff! :mad:

AF is due Thurs (cd28) so I can test from Fri in theory - but if I didn't O til cd20 or later, then either she'll arrive too soon for anything to happen, or she'll be pushed back a few days. I have occasionally been early but never late - but who knows what the blummin' clomid is doing lol!

Really hope this is your month and you get your BFP!!!
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Arielhopes143 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 am

Hey girls! Ok so I should be about 8/9 dpo and I couldn’t help it but I tested and it was a bfn :( still feeling like this is my month. We have had our best timing yet bd every other day from a week leading upto and few days after O day. I didn’t tell, just took opk and moinitored CM. I got a positive opk Thursday night March 22 and had tons of ewcm wed thurs fri and it was gone by Saturday.

Just to give u guys a background I had two boys in my 20s that were both concieved by dtd once in my cycle. This time has been soooo much more trying. I’m now in my 30s and feeling discouraged that it’s not going to happen for me for a while :(. This cycle I decided to take soy iso on cd 3-7 and it SIGNIFICANTLY increased the amount of ewcm, I also took mucinex the 4 days leading upto O and the day after. I’ve been taking baby aspirin from 3dpo till I (hopefully) get bfp.

I really have a strong feeling this is going it me JJ month. My breasts are super sore and I’ve had dull cramping from 4dpo on.

Still I’m feeling down about the bfn 8/9 dpo......

How is everyone else doing? Symptom? Testing?

Baby dust to us all!!!
Arielhopes143
Friend

Postby Vault101 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:44 am

Sorry about your BFN - but as you note yourself, could still be a few days too early. I'm going to test Fri if AF doesn't show on Thurs - but by my reckoning that will put me 8/9dpo like you today - so probably too early. Hopefully by the time I test, you are near enough to get an accurate result. If you get a good result that would certainly raise my hopes for our cycle lol - I just know I'll feel disappointed at the inevitable negative even though I know it's too soon.
We do make this TWW stuff harder for ourselves with early POAS don't we haha?! So hard to wait those fourteen days out, especially when the symptoms kick in (or lack of them in my case this month - still wondering where the sore bbs are...)
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Vault101 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:49 am

I do have one new symptom actually - the past two nights I've woken twice to use the loo. Normally I sleep through. Night before last I wrote it off as I had a cup of tea at bedtime, so that probably explains it - last night I made a point of not having a drink before bed, yet I was still up at 4am and 6am - weird. I also had a crazy dream last night - not TTC related, was about OH being horrid to me and then getting ill and me yelling at his mates for not looking after him. Weirdest thing was after I woke up from it, I fell back into it when I went back to sleep! I NEVER dream. I woke OH up at 4am and told him he'd been nasty to me, he just told me to go back to sleep lol
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups