March TWW buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: March TWW buddies!

Postby goldietarheel » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Bebe, I am charting, but this is my first cycle doing so. My temp dipped a bit on the day of the IUI (yesterday), and then went back up again this morning. Waiting to see what it does tomorrow -- I'm hoping to see it shoot up to continue the upward trend and confirm O. However, I'm also finding that I wake up with my mouth open (allergies), so I'm not sure how accurate the temps are. I think I'm going to switch to temping vaginally next cycle (and we have an out of town wedding the weekend of O next month, so I probably won't get to do an IUI, so it can be a low-stress cycle!).

Alexsaur, you'll have to keep us updated on how things are going with your symptoms! You've got to be 15 DPO by now. Are you sure of your ovulation date? I'm only asking because 13 DPO + 4/5 days until AF is a long luteal phase, so maybe you actually O'd later (thus the results not showing on the test yet!).

Mum2T, I hear you about being up all night Googling! I thought I got the Googling out in cycle 1, but turns out I still have a million questions that I need the internet to answer for me. I see you were due to AF on Wednesday -- any news?

BTW, I feel better after my most recent Google binge. I learned that washed, frozen sperm in an IUI really have a lifespan more like 6-12 hours, and possibly a little more. So that opens up that window a little bit more. I also learned that we can order unwashed sperm to do inter-vaginal insemination at home, which is more like the "real thing." Those can live for 2-3 days in the CM and could open the window even more. I thought our next step after IUI would be medicated cycles with triggers shots, but it actually may be to simplify the whole process. I just hate the idea of wasting $900 worth of sperm (and a $400 Dr. bill) with poorly timed inseminations.
goldietarheel

Postby BebeCK » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 pm

I also wake up with my mouth open (I sleep with mouth open haha) but I find closing for 1-2 min and then temp works well and is mostly stable. You could try it :)
But it depends on women. For some the temp rise very fast after waking up but for me a few minutes is ok.
TTC since Oct 2017, no bfp
Sept 2018: Clomid + IUI #1
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BebeCK » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Goldie how is your tww going?
I'm at 8dpo now. Nothing to report.
Good news about the sperm options. Doing it at home might be fun too!
Sunday I'm thinking about the wait and the outcome a lot. It's hard to take my mind of it.
FX for everyone!
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goldietarheel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Bebe, I'm 3dpo, but nothing much to report! I got my first crosshairs on Fertility Friend, which was exciting! It confirmed O on the day we did the IUI. I don't normally get a lot of PMS/Progesterone symptoms, so nothing much to report on. I'm quite excited that I have a busy few days coming up, and my in-laws coming to stay with us next weekend, which should make it easier to keep my mind off things. Sounds like you are in the more exciting phase of the TWW, though -- no wonder you can't keep your mind off it. When do you plan to test?
goldietarheel

Postby BebeCK » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi Goldie, hi everyone.
Well my tww is coming to an end :( I tested at 11 dpo and got a bfn. And today at 12 dpo my BBT is starting to drop.
I feel a little sad. Why can't I get a bfp? Moving on to month 8...

Goldie how are things for you? When will you test?
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goldietarheel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:54 pm

I've been testing since 8 dpo. Today is 13 dpo and still BFNs. I've started spotting, so I'm pretty sure I'm out. The spotting is lighter than usual, but with the 12 dpo and 13 dpo BFNs, I think I'm just grasping my last bit of hope...I'm fully expecting AF on Friday.
goldietarheel

Postby BebeCK » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Oh no sorry Goldie but you're not out until you're officially out :)
And if not, moving on to next cycle. Hang in there! I do feel for you. The up of the hope and waiting followed by the down... It's really hard.

You can join 2019 baby hope thread :) trying to keep it going until we all have our bfp!
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goldietarheel » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 am

Annnnnnd I'm officially out. AF came this morning. I'm traveling and working out of town for my next THREE ovulation dates, so IUIs are going to be completely up in the air this summer! But my nurse did say the doctor cleared me to start clomid with midcycle monitoring after IUI #3, so that's good news!

Bebe, I'll be joining up that 2019 group for sure.
goldietarheel

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups