2019 baby hope buddy group

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 2019 baby hope buddy group

Postby BHLF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:25 am

I'm almost 39, so definitely fall under the older category. I have a list of questions for when I finally see the Doctor. And this is pretty high up there. I'm on a FB group for TTC with FVL and I honestly think it's scared me more than I ever was before. I knew it was a concern, but it freaks me out to see how many people have had serious difficulties with blood clotting and pregnancy. Did you start taking baby aspirin while TTC? Did you ever take any clotting meds before?

As for Hurricane Florence, I am DEFINITELY in the path and she's really messing up my plans. I'm not worried about the danger, I'm far enough inland that it's probably not going to be any serious danger here. But I was supposed to have my IUD removed on the 13th and now it's been pushed back to the 23rd. I was hoping to spend the extra storm time (work and college are on hold for the storm) holed up with my BF and doing the BD the whole time. But instead we'll be holed up and not trying to make a baby. Grrr! At least we can practice though ;)
BHLF
Friend

Postby 7Mk1973 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Hello lovely ladies.
Welcome BHLF this is a great group of women to lend you support on your journey. I hope Florence doesn't get in your way. We are watching weather right now. I'm in North East Georgia and the are talking about us getting hit with rain from it, but that's nothing compared those in it's direct path. It's category 4 and gaining strength. I hopefully you aren't too close to the land fall. Where are you, if I might ask? Good idea to get some basic test done when you get the mirena out. As far as I know, I don't have a clotting problem, so I have no info there. What I am is a fantastic cheerleader, I just love cheering these ladies on there journey. Thanks for joining our group, the more the merrier, I say. :D I wish you luck and have my fx that it doesn't take too long to get your bfp after your mirena removal. I see now that they pushed back your removal :( But hey enjoy this time with your BF having some relaxing intimate time. Ttc can be stressful sometimes, so be sure to relish it :D Glad you live more inland. GL.
Dini I absolutely adore kitties, they have always been my favorite animals. Princess loooooves human food, anything meat or cheese. She makes the funniest meow when I'm fixing a sandwich and she wants a portion of my meat. I have to admit that I give it to her too :D I'm a softy. My kitty, Captain could care less for human food, though. Wow the hurricane is news in the UK. Yeah they have been rough the past few years.
Afm nothing much to allow. I just had an 11 hr shift, bc it was truck day. I'm soooooo glad to be only working 4hr 15mins tomorrow and the same thing the next day. Going to relax and read some more and then try and get some sleep. That's all except :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:08 am

Hi BHLF - That’ rubbish that your IUD removal was pushed back to the 23rd! I hope you get loads of practise in the meantime :D

I have heard of FVL when looking through blood clotting disorder groups / posts etc.. I think its different to my blood clotting disorder in that mine is a deficiency of a protein in my blood that breaks down clots (the protein can’t be supplemented). I didn’t take clotting meds before as I’ve never had a clot so far.

In terms of Aspirin while TTC - I didn’t take any Aspirin for the first 14months while TTC and didn’t get a single BFP. The first month I took Aspirin I got a BFP!! My GP told me to stop taking it when I went to her and then had the first miscarriage.

I didn’t take it again until June after I’d seen the haematologist… then got this 3rd BFP the next cycle.

I have to say, that my GP was useless when I got my first and 2nd BFPs this year as they didn’t know what to do about it and wouldn’t prescribe anything without my seeing the haematologist first… which they have to organise (they both ended in miscarriages because I couldn’t get an appointment with the haematologist quickly enough). My clotting condition was part of the conversations I had been having with my GP prior to my BFP so thought that everything would be in hand.

Even though the MCs were early, it was all very upsetting and in the end, I pushed for an appointment before another BFP and so glad I did - I changed Haematologists and the new guy is absolutely brilliant. He re-run all the tests and wrote to my GP with what they should prescribe as soon as I get a BFP (Clexane and Baby Aspirin - I think Clexane is called Lovenox in the US).

He is also part of the antenatal clinic I’m with and they run a special joint haema / ob / gyn clinic on Thursdays which I’ve been to since getting my BFP. So I feel like I’m in good hands now that I’m not dealing with my GP anymore (other than to pick up my prescriptions).

My advise would be to see a haematologist and put a plan in place for as soon as you get your BFP - I stupidly trusted that my GP knew what they should prescribe as I’d had many conversations with them about it as it was taking such a long time to conceive.

Sorry for the long post again!! Although I’m really sad you have the FVL gene, I am also happy to talk to someone who is in a similar situation to me :)
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:12 am

P.S. 7Mk1973 - My kitty enjoyed some poached egg this morning :D One of his favourite treats!
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MissChiffsManager » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 am

Hi ladies,
Well it seems like AF is here. A full day of sustained bleeding. Not as heavy as a normal period, but definitely here, and would explain the BFNs. So it was 4 days late. What could account for that? I'm really confused about what exactly happened. :/

Welcome BHLF! Praying that Florence misses you guys and doesn't cause any troubles for anyone. BBT is very easy to do- if you remember and/or makea habit of doing it. I have my digital thermometer right on my nightstand, so when the alarm goes off I just grab it and voila. Easiest way to know when you O'd bc you don't have to interpret mucus or cervical position lol
MissChiffsManager
Friend

Postby BHLF » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am

Florence update: I'm in NC, but a couple hours away from the coast. We'll get wind and rain, maybe up to 12 inches or more. But we're prepared and while I haven't been through a hurricane before, my BDF has. I think we'll be fine. Also Florence may be hitting SC a bit harder than us, but who knows what kind of weather changes there will be between now and then.

MissChiffsManager- Thanks for the welcome. Sorry AF decided to stop by and pay you a visit. I might start taking my BBT now, I was planning on using OPK's, but I sorta want to do something now just to feel like I AM doing something. I guess if I started BBT I could at least be getting a baseline for that.

Dini- Thanks for being so open about everything. I'm so sorry to hear about the mc's. After hearing your story, I'm now seriously thinking about setting up an appointment with a hematologist. I'll give the insurance a call, but they'll probably tell me I need a referral from my GP, so I'll give them a call too. I've only had 1 appointment with a hematologist and that was a few years ago when I first found out I have FVL, I shoul dprobably set up care or at least know who I can see around here anyhow since I've moved since then. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and it's always kinda nice to meet someone in similar circumstances. Misery loves company and all that. :)

7Mk1973- Thanks for the welcome! And it's always great to have a cheerleader in your corner, so thanks for that too!!!
BHLF
Friend

Postby BebeCK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello ladies!
Welcome to the new ladies!
For those interested here are my BBT tips: keep thermometer by my nightstand, during the week I take it at the same time when my alarm goes off but on weekend I take it later and it's a bit higher but still within baseline, also i have found that closing my mouth for a few minutes before taking is more accurate (I usually sleep with mouth open lol). I have read that what affects BBT fluctuation varies from women to women so you should find out what works out for you after a few cycles. One thing that I am very sensitive too is the amount of time I sleep. If I was awake at 3AM for a while (happens randomly) then my BBT is usually way off in the morning (sometimes lower). I recommend combining with CM tracking and you will have a pretty good idea of your fertile window and then ovulation. Opks are pretty good too but in my opinion it helps to combine with BBT to actually confirm that ovulation happened since opk only tells that ovulation will happen but not that it actually did.
I have been able to track my cycles very well using CM + BBT + OPK and I think that in the future I probably do not need to go back to BC pill but use cycle tracking method instead.
Well and now after 1 year I have learned it's actually pretty hard for DH and me to get pregnant so I probably never need BC ever again :rofl:
BTW this book is the "bible" for BBT and cycle tracking, it has lots of examples of charts which can help you understand you chart.
https://www.tcoyf.com/
MissChiffsManager: now that you have your full chart, could it be that your ovulation was delayed? it's the most common cause of late period.

My update: I'm 3 dpiui. I gave myself ovidrel shot on Friday night. We did our IUI Sunday morning and we "supplemented" (doctor's term for BD haha) Sunday night and Monday night. The IUI went well, totally painless and very quick 1min. The most difficult part was keeping my bladder full until the IUI :oops: My clinic asks for full bladder to keep the uterus flat and make the IUI easier. Sunday and Monday I felt very funny, almost like I could feel my ovaries begin heavy, and very bloated with water. It was most likely side effect from the ovidrel shot. Yesterday I was back to normal.
I am so optimistic for this cycle, mostly because we are doing something different (unlike the previous cycles which felt like insanity - doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result) so a part of me is expecting this to actually work! I am hoping (I don't know if any of this is true): that Clomid gave me better quality eggs, two instead of one and that the IUI gave us a sperm advantage by bringing it closer. So FX FX FX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One change I have noticed in my mental and emotional state is that I have much less anger. I have accepted some of the reality of my situation and I'm moving on to actually getting help. I'm ready to move to IVF too if no luck with IUI.
I was able to hang out with our friends who are pregnant on Sunday. Huge progress!

Thinking of those affected by the hurricane and hope you're all safe.
TTC since Oct 2017, no bfp
Sept 2018: Clomid + IUI #1
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Hello lovely ladies...
Dini poached eggs! I'll bet he loved that. Captain is sitting here purring in my lap. It was so cute, when I got home he meowed at me (he just loves to "talk") from the love seat, I was on the couch. He was like "mama I want some attention". I was like "come on over then buddies (my affectionate nickname for him)". He came running over and jumped in my lap. I hate it that I ever have to move him, but I sit Indian style on the couch, so I get really sore if I'm not able to move. Sorry about your mcs. They should have listened to your needs. Despite what they think, though they may indeed be smart, they DO NOT know it all :doh: Glad they could get you the medicine you needed to help this bean be a sticky one :D
MissChiffsManager Sorry about the :af: finding her way to your door. Stress or sickness can also throw off her visit, though it was probably bc you O'd late :? Got my fx that this coming O will bring you your bfp :D
BHLF hey I don't mind it. I really enjoy being there. I was looking at the weather and they down-graded Florence to Category 2 from a 4. So it really shouldn't be as bad as they thought. So that's good. Yeah you should probably see a hematologist and get a game plan since you know it will be a problem. Fx that happens quickly for you.
BebeCK Yay for being 3dpiui. Hope you had fun "supplementing" the iui :rofl: That is funny that they call it that. Yay for two quality eggs. Got my everything crossed that it only takes this once. I'm glad you were able to let go of the anger. It couldn't have been helpful in your stress levels. Having something different to do gives one a sense of hope. Surely that is only helpful to the process. Yay for being able to hang with your pregnant friend. I'm so lucky that my struggle to get a bfp hasn't dampened my enjoyment of seeing pregnant women. It is one of my favorite things, enjoying pregnant women :D But it's just luck that it didn't happen, bc it very well could have. It sounds very tough having to keep your bladder full :| We women will go through a lot for our bfps.
Afm Tomorrow (technically today since it's after midnight) my fertile days starts. Hmmm come to think of it, maybe it was today. I definitely need to jump my dh's bones when I go into bed :rofl: I'm not hurting yet, so I know it won't be for some days. I usually O cd 13 or 14. The 17th is when I'm sure to O. We didn't wait for my fertile time to start bding. :rofl: That's all except for :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all!
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Catblue6 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:59 am

Hello ladies!

It feels like it’s been forever since I was able to get on here, but home and work have just been insane. There never seem to be enough hours in the day lol.

Alright, so where to begin…..

Hopeful – brown bleeding might be a good sign, and that definitely means it’s old blood. Have you tested again yet? Did AF show?

Misschiffs – I’m sorry to hear that AF arrived. It being 4 days late could mean that you ovulated later than originally thought….. pretty much anything can mess with your cycle – stress, lack of sleep, hormones, being sick… anything. For the longest time before I conceived DS my cycles were all over the place, mostly because of stress.

7Mk – I didn’t know you were in GA! You’re only about 5hrs away from me!! Small world lol. DH has a brother and sister that live in Newnan, which is not that far from you. You guys expected to get anything from Florence?

Mum2T – Hang in there, and let DH do whatever he needs to help you out… he’s not the one growing a human 24/7 right now, you are. Just do what you can and don’t apologize for being tired.

Fairytale – I’m sorry that AF arrived. Hang in there though, it’ll happen! And we’ll be here to cheer you on the whole way.

Flanine – Welcome to the crazy of TTC! How long have you been on the train so to speak lol?

BHLF – Welcome! This is where crazy lives lol… I saw that you’re in NC, so definitely stay safe. Did you guys evac? I’m in FL, have been my whole life almost, so hurricanes ain’t nothing to me; but, if this is your first one then it could be concerning. Florence is a big ole nasty b*^%#, even for a 2, so watch out for flooding. Hopefully once things settle down you can move forward with your TTC plans. Let us know how ya’ll do in the storm.

Bebe – I have my fingers crossed for you, and I’m praying hard. Keep us updated!

Dini – how are you doing?

AFM – I am on cd7, so I will be bringing out the OPKs on Saturday/Sunday (cd9/10) and start down this rabbit hole once again. I’m praying very hard that this month will work out for us. DH helped talk me off the ledge over the weekend while I was on AF… I’m so used to preparing for the worst to happen because it usually does that I am NOT very good about being positive or thinking optimistically, which I know can affect everything. So this month I am trying to do better; I’m trying to not let every little thing stress me out, I’m trying to stay calm-er, and I’m trying to think positive about getting pregnant. The miscarriage really screwed me up though in that department because now I have this irrational fear that I’ll never be able to get pregnant again, and that Tommy will be the only baby I’ll ever have which makes me even more sad because I was so incredibly sick with him that I didn’t get to enjoy being pregnant, I went into labor 6wks early, and then while I was on maternity I had to have surgery so I didn’t get to enjoy that time either….. THEN I had post partum depression! I want another baby so bad, and with the miscarriage I feel like that baby was stolen from me. HOWEVER! I am trying very hard NOT to dwell on that and to NOT allow the sadness and depression pull me down. So fingers crossed for me ladies that this month I get my rainbow baby!! DH and I are going out with friends tomorrow night, which should be fun and hopefully relaxing; and then, this weekend I plan on getting me some lol.

Love and baby dust to everyone!
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Catblue It is indeed a small world. I've never been to FL. Funny that I've spent so many years in GA, but never quite made it. Maybe Florence will bring some wind and rain, well that is what they were predicting before it changed from a category 4. Now we are a bit too far north. I think they are predicting that it'll hit Atlanta, but not much further. We are further North than Atlanta, so may not get too much. Newnan, huh? There are about 78 miles by car between Rome, GA and Newnan, GA.
I'm sending some of my positivity your way. I'm a born optimist. The only time I wasn't an optimist wasn't pretty; I was anorexic and only weighed like 83 lbs. It was the only time in my life, about a year to a year and a half in my life that I didn't have tons of hope and faith. I met my dh at that time and he helped me remember who I am and learn to love myself enough to regain my hope and faith, and with them my appetite. We fell in love during that process and have been best friends every since. Just try not to stress. Positivity and faith healed my diseased gall bladder and it will get me my bfp. Try and find something that you enjoy doing to relieve stress, bc it can get in the way of O and implantation, not to mention throwing your cycle out of whack. I understand the fear of not getting preggers again, bc after my two losses I have studiously avoided that fear myself. It's important to me not to allow fear into my system. It could cause me not to achieve my dream, or even to give up all together. Have loads of fun going out with friends. It should help you to relax a bit :D I've got my everything crossed for you this month. This WILL be our month. I will believe that until the :af: proves me wrong.
Afm I'm in the midst of my fertile week and dh and I have been bding, (we've only missed two days bding since the :af: left :rofl:) and I will jump his bones this morning, if he wakes before his classes in time, or tomorrow for sure. I have to work early today (friday), but don't work until 3 on Saturday, so I will definitely dtd then :D That's all except for :hugs: :babydustb: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Debbkinz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:39 am

Ladie, sorry I've had a nightmare and it wouldn't let me log in? Kept saying I was but then kicked me out ! Grrr

So, I've left my other job and im now in agency work, so much better as I can choose my hours!,yey!
So the consultant rang me yesterday, so he told me that I looked like I was ovulating and then I've not? Hense why clomid being prescribed !, So I go and get my prescription today!,and start when the witch comes to greet us!, Which is October now :(
But hey!... It's ok to wait sometimes :)
So yeah that's it for me.
Hope all you ladies what are still trying are going strong & lots of baby dust!

Ladies that are pregnant I hope your not having a hard time xxx
Lots of love and hugs all round
Debbkinz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Debbkinz sorry that you it told you that you were logged in then kicked you off. I had to rejoin the site at one point bc it didn't recognize my password for days. I finally gave up and rejoined. I haven't had trouble like that since then. Yay for being able to choose your hours! That sux that you were gearing up to O, but then never actually Oing :( It's good that they figured that out and there are prescriptions like Clomid that can help you achieve an actual O. Maybe you can relax the rest of the month without having to worry and then when the :af: shows begin on your journey to a bfp. Fx it happens for you in October :D That's all except for :hugs: loads of :babydustg: and the stickiest of :sticky: to us all :D
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Debbkinz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Ladies,is this a positive? I hVent started my clomid yet but this is the first time I've ever had an opk this dsrk, curiosity got me this evening at about 19:50, as I was having teknges in my left ovary
Attachments
rsz_img_20180915_230811.jpg
(255.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Debbkinz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Catblue6 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Deb - looks like a positive to me.....
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BebeCK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 pm

It looks positive. I hope you catch that egg!
TTC since Oct 2017, no bfp
Sept 2018: Clomid + IUI #1
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups