2019 baby hope buddy group

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 2019 baby hope buddy group

Postby Dini » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:02 am

Hi Girls, I hope everyone is well :)

Catblue - Haha! Sorry for being unclear about the cold being a good sign / help implantation - its for the reason that 7Mk1973 said - because I remember reading a few times that if your immune system is down because of a cold, its more likely to be fighting off the virus than worrying about the embryo - therefore more likely to implant. I have no idea if this is true or not - but when I was in the TWW I tried to find any reason to feel like it might be my month :)
Also you’re right - Leuteal Phase always stays the same - its the time between AF and O that can change.
Are you planning on testing again?

7Mk1973 - Sorry to hear AF got you, and really hope your DHs dream does come true and Sept 17th is your day - that would be amazingly special for the two of you if that happened!

Fairytaledreams - how is the TWW going? I think you were expecting AF around now?

Bebeck - so happy to hear the cyst is gone and that Clomid hasn’t given you any side effects so far :) Will you still have a scan tomorrow or just OPKs until you get a positive?

MissChiffsManager - Is there an update on the TWW?

Debbkinz - Welcome back! Sorry to hear that you’re not ovulating but thankfully there are fertility meds like Clomid that can kick that back in! Good luck for Sept 13th!
And thanks for the well wishes :)

Hopeful2019 - Welcome back and keeping my fingers crossed for you - how long do you think you will wait before testing?

AFM - I’m 10wks1day today - we decided to have an NIPT test which we had today… they also did a scan, so we saw little bubba and heard his/her heartbeat. It was beating at 170bpm. The technician thought I might be a day or two ahead but said they would leave if for the official 12 week scan to date.
Next scan is Sept 25th (I will be almost 13 weeks).
I have been reading the board here daily although overall I have been avoiding the pregnancy boards. There are a lot of people posting about miscarriages and I’ve been finding it difficult to feel positive that everything is OK since having the two losses earlier this year - I was so scared before the scan today and couldn’t sleep last night as I kept imagining the technician not finding a heartbeat. I’m hoping that I can relax a bit more now - I keep looking at the miscarriage probability websites and chances are getting lower… which somewhat helps.

Anyway, I’ve always found this thread quite comforting especially since we’ve all got to know one another - I hope the rest of the website picks up again soon for all new ladies coming across it.
It just makes me angry that the clinics are targeting women at their lowest and when they’re looking for emotional support - they are really trying to take advantage, and it makes me angry!
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Catblue6 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 am

Hi ladies,
I only have time for a quick pass by right now...

Thank you for all the support from everyone. This group is so comforting and supportive, it really helps me to calm down.

I am 13dpo today, no AF yet, but I am expecting it sometime tomorrow. I decided to wait to test until Saturday cuz by then I'll be officially late if AF doesn't show. Not really sure what to think anymore, but my gut says no baby this time around; so, we'll see.

I'll check in later to respond properly to everyone.
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MissChiffsManager » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:51 am

Hello!

Quick update from work :)

Today is cd 32 and 14dpo. No sign of AF- yet. I had VERY mild nausea yesterday late morning-! I may sneak in another test tonight if I grab on one the way home haha
MissChiffsManager
Friend

Postby 7Mk1973 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Hello lovely ladies
Hopeful I don't know much about Clomid, so I can't say, but maybe your ob knows more. Does she think you don't ovulate? I have heard good things about acupuncture. I've read many threads on this site where a woman attributes it to helping her get her bfp, so it couldn't hurt. I've also heard it's relaxing, so there's that, at least. Fx that this is your month.
Dini great to hear from you. Thanks for your support. Wow 10 weeks already; boy does time fly. 170 hbm is great! Do you have a picture of your scan? I'd love to see it, if you don't mind. I understand if it's just too personal, but I love living vicariously through pregnant women :D I understand staying away from the pregnancy boards, if there are so many posting losses. I loath hearing about losses. I absolutely love hearing about bfps. I'm glad you are feeling more and more relaxed. I know the 12 week scan will help even more. What does a NIPT test check for; I'm not familiar with the term. Are you going to find out the gender or leave it a surprise? Do you have any feelings about which you are carrying? I've let my feelings be known about those infernal spammers. :sticky:
Catblue I've got my everything crossed for you, love. I don't blame you for not testing till Saturday: I never test early. I sure hope your gut is wrong and you get you bfp :babydustg:
MissChiffsManager Yay for the :af: not showing herself yet. Fx the nausea is a sign of a bfp. Post a picture of your test, if you take one, for us to gawk at, if you see or think you see a line. I don't really test, but I love looking at others' tests :rofl: I guess I'm a vicarious poas addict :rofl: :babydustg:
Afm cd 2 has drawn to a close and I can't wait for the :af: to fly away so I can get on with the fun stuff. I'm off tomorrow and am excited about relaxing with dh, I think I'll get started on the process to start teaching Chinese children online like my dh does. First step is to get tesol course under my belt. I think I'll start that tomorrow, as well as, looking to see what company/companies to which I want to apply. That's all except :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:56 am

Hey 7Mk1973 - I do have a picture of the scan, I'll add it at the bottom of the post. The clinic also emailed us a couple of short videos which I wish I could post because you can see the tiny arms and legs moving about! In the picture it just looks like a blob!

With the pregnancy boards, although they are helpful, I am so anxious about my previous losses that I just end up going through all the miscarriage and bleeding posts and get myself worked up that its going to happen again. I was so nervous before the scan yesterday after reading so many posts about women going for their scan only to find out the baby passed a couple of weeks earlier... so I convinced myself that it might have happened to me and couldn't sleep all night. So I'm holding back on those posts for now so that I don't work myself up again.

NIPT is a Non-Invasive Prenatal testing - its a blood test that looks for babies DNA in your blood stream to detect if there are any chromosomal abnormalities. They also do a scan with the blood test which was why we had that yesterday - just to make sure its at least 10 weeks and its only one baby in there.
We decided to have it done privately because they haven't rolled it out across the NHS in England yet - they offer a different test for free which they perform at the 12 week scan, but its not as accurate and they might need to do a more invasive test to double check. The NIPT should hopefully be a clearer answer without an invasive test required later (you can only have the NIPT in a small timeframe which is why we got it done now rather than wait for the 12 weeks results - as it might be too late then).
Anyway, my Ob said that if we don't mind paying, then its worth it considering that I'm 38 and in a higher risk group.

I also love hearing about BFPs and looking at the pee sticks for faint lines on the boards - and reading how the stories progress :)

P.S. About gender - the NIPT also detects babies gender, so we opted to find out. I just feel so sad that we don't know anything about the two previous losses that we decided we would rather know as early as possible with this one so that it has an identity.

Good luck with your tesol course! Sounds like it will be really fun! And I really hope AF ends soon for you!

10wk1day_3.5cm_HB170bpm.jpg
10weeks 1 day - measures 3.5cm - HB170bpm
(118.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 am

Catblue - I have everything crossed for you :D

MissChiffsManager - Did you test last night?
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Catblue6 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:28 am

Good morning ladies.

Dini - Conrgats on the good scan. I'm so happy things look ok, and isn't it amazing to hear how fast that little heartbeat is? I'm going to say that it's a girl. I totally get being unnerved and worrying about something going wrong, so just remember to breathe and keep in mind that in 3wks you'll officially be in your second trimester - the rate of miscarriages goes way down.

Misschiffs - Here's to hoping the witch stays away! Good luck, and keep us posted.

7Mk - Thank you so much for being my cheer section this cycle, I have really needed it. You'll have to let me know how the online teaching goes, it sounds very interesting! And, guess what?... you and I are cycle buddies again!

AFM - Well no baby this cycle... AF arrived right on time this morning, so back to the start line for me. I supposed on a positive note though, I have learned that my LP is 14 days which I guess is something. I don't want to change anything too drastically coming into this next cycle because I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong.... I take a prenatal vitamin, low dose aspirin, and I've been using preseed (which helped get me the last two pregnancies). What I am going to change is my caffeine intake. It's going to be extremely hard, but I am going to try no caffeine for one month starting this cycle, which means going off my one soda/day cold turkey. DH said that he would help me which is good because I am definitely going to need it.

Work duties call, so love and baby dust to everyone.
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dini » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:15 am

Thanks Catblue and really sorry to hear AF arrived again. Your body did it once so I’m sure it can again. No caffeine for a month sounds hard but if it’s only a soda a day it doesn’t sound like you’re having loads of it.
I don’t drink coffee or tea but OH had 2 coffees per day - he did stop it a few months ago and said after the initial headaches and cravings he feels better than ever. He no longer has slumps and always feels like he did after a cup of coffee!
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MissChiffsManager » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Hey ladies. So I did not test last night but I did today (cd33) and negative:/ I thought that it should be positive today since I'm now past due. More confused than anything, but perhaps my urine was too dilute since it wasn't a first morning elimination? I definitely do not have the bloating and cramping I normally do before AF shows up, and some other symptoms are not consistent with my cycle either so I don't know what to think.

Keeping my hopes up :) I also quit coffee last month, when we decided to try! It wasn't bad I just bought myself teechino and weaned off. Don't even miss the caffiene!
MissChiffsManager
Friend

Postby 7Mk1973 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Hello lovely ladies
Dini the scan is absolutely beautiful! Too bad about not being able to post the video. I do see the little arms and legs though :D can't wait to see what the 12 weeks scan looks like! I'm glad the test you took were not invasive. When should you know the result? I don't remember if you said. I'm going to guess a boy, since I've seen Catblue's guess and want you to have one guess of each, and I really feel it's a boy. I also feel that the test will come back clear; it's healthy, I just know it! You deserve this Dini. Thanks for staying around and sharing your journey with us. I love being along for it! Thanks for all the support on my journey, as well. I have to look at my course after my soaps. It's seems as if the :af: is on her way out. So she's been kind to me. I'll probably mostly spot today and tomorrow. 2 days of full blown and a couple or three of medium/spotting is normal for me.
Catblue sorry the :af: found you, but yay for a cycle buddy! I will let you know about the teaching, after I find a company. It could take a month or so, but I still have my other job, in the meantime. I love being your cheer leader. It's fun and energy filling for me to help others in my same boat. We all deserve this happening for us. My lp seems to have gotten longer or it was longer and I used to o earlier. I'm not sure bc I've just been keeping track of O and my lp this last couple of years, maybe I just thought was 12 days. Giving up soda, wow! I need to try that, but that's almost impossible for me. No you aren't doing anything wrong, none of us are. We all do our best and I'm sure we will get our baby before we know it. :D
MissChiffsManager. I have a coworker who didn't get a positive htp till she was 3 months along. Got my fx for you that this is it for you.
Afm as I've said the :af: is on the way out! In the next couple of days the fun can begin :D That's all except for :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BebeCK » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello ladies!

I just had my mid-cycle scan today and it's looking good! I have 2 follicles (one on each ovary) over >22mm so the doctor gave me a trigger shot to take tonight and we will do IUI Sunday morning. I am so happy that Clomid is working and that we will trigger this weekend already. I am super excited! It's going to be a loooooong tww after that :rofl:
DH came with me to the scan so it was nice to get good news together. He's very excited too.
We also got free concert tickets from work which was a nice unexpected surprise so we are going out tonight to see Sam Smith, it will be our little celebration. Good day! I can't wait for Sunday!

Dini: Good news that all looks good so far! I vote for a girl :babyg: When will you find out?

MissChiffsManager: you could have a late implantation. As we say, you're not out until AF shows. How long is your luteal phase typically? FX

Catblue6: sorry AF showed but stay strong. It will happen again, you are doing everything right! :hugs:

Hopeful2019: what checks have you done already? I'm also ovulating on my own but I'm trying Clomid since no luck so far on my own. The idea is that it may give me 2 eggs instead of one so increase my chances... But you're right that it will not help as much as for women who have ovulation issues. Clomid + IUI is the "standard" treatment before moving on to IVF for unexplained infertility as I understand.

7Mk1973: good luck with the english teaching process! Let us know how that goes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
TTC since Oct 2017, no bfp
Sept 2018: Clomid + IUI #1
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Catblue6 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi ladies!

Now that I'm home and everyone has been fed lol, I've been able to sit down and catch and I just want to say how much I love and appreciate you all. This group has kept me sane in my most insane moments while your words of comfort and support help me climb out of my moments of despair. So thank you for helping me through my journey.
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopeful2019 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:49 am

Hi all. Well I'm even more confused now than ever about my cycle! Had a brown bleed very light yesterday morning and now it seems to have stopped! Possibly af on it's way but no red blood. Still have very bad pain in lower back and down my leg especially when I lie down, had to take paracetemol last night!
Bebeck - I've had my bloods done and all seem ok. My OB suggested clomid but I want to see can I concieve naturally first as I did before (have a little 2 year old girl). I went for acupuncture last night, was given chinese herbs to regulate my cycle and will start charting my temp. Do ye use a special bbt thermometer for it? Good luck to all.
Hopeful2019
Friend

Postby MissChiffsManager » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:57 am

My reception is too low to post a pic of the test, but I got another negative this morning (cd34) >.<
My luteal phase is a consistent 14 days, up till now :/

No sign of AF, either. I've been having weird almost cramp like, almost ovulation like sensations in my right pelvic area? But still not bloated and no mense type symptoms.

Bebeck, awesome that you are already ovulating! Rooting for you and at least one of those precious eggs ^.^

And Dini, beautiful picture of your little pea <3
MissChiffsManager
Friend

Postby BebeCK » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:25 am

Catblue6 wrote:Hi ladies!

Now that I'm home and everyone has been fed lol, I've been able to sit down and catch and I just want to say how much I love and appreciate you all. This group has kept me sane in my most insane moments while your words of comfort and support help me climb out of my moments of despair. So thank you for helping me through my journey.

Awwww! Thank you! I feel the same! I'm so glad this group is here.
TTC since Oct 2017, no bfp
Sept 2018: Clomid + IUI #1
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups